Kit Reveal: Jedi Knight Luke Skywalker

123457Next

Replies

• Such as shame how it's been released. This should have been a really exciting point in the game where we got to see the next stage of Luke's journey.
    Question marks on the kit & who makes up his team, but the event itself is what I am looking forward to when I can get the characters farmed and geared. The CLS event is still my favourite of the ones they have done so far - really nailed the journey and that Obi-Wan stage was superb.

Assuming issues can be resolved and fans come back on side with the game, the next stage of the journey will come with the events of ROTJ, presumably on the 40th anniversary of that film as well, although you think that might be too long to wait with the anger on this release!
    But rather than getting hermit Luke, we could get Jedi Master Luke (hopefully GL category which is what he deserves), and it would be how we briefly see him in flashbacks on TROS maybe, or how Luke portrays himself when "fighting" Kylo in TLJ.
    I dunno - just throwing hopeful ideas out there. Will be eagerly looking out for the YouTube vids for anyone playing the event tonight.
  • Wow! Enjoyed watching that event! Great animations, and storyline nicely played out. Wave 3 & 6 look the hardest (ones without CLS), but careful modding seems to do the business.
  • TVF wrote: »
    We're still complaining about a jedi tag?

I guess you all play Hoth TB.

It's not the Jedi tag that they're complaining about it's the lack of a Rebel tag. he should have both and his kit should work with both, it would make it a more versatile character.
  • The event looks like the best Character unlock event that CG has ever done. Still not terribly impressed with the character
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    Malevolan wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

It's not the Jedi tag that they're complaining about it's the lack of a Rebel tag. he should have both and his kit should work with both, it would make it a more versatile character.

"want" /= "should"
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Malevolan
    370 posts Member
    edited June 2020

"want" /= "should"

[Removed - CM] Why shouldn't Luke have a Rebel tag?

Post edited by EA_Joz on
  • Weequay
    40 posts Member
    MemeMaster wrote: »
    This Kit feels like what a Mace Windu rework should be.

I wouldn‘t be too surprised if it is indeed Windu‘s half finished kit made ready for release. Very disappointing.
  • KKatarn
    629 posts Member
    edited June 2020

"want" /= "should"

[Removed - CM] Why shouldn't Luke have a Rebel tag?

It shouldn't but CG drove themselves into a corner by barely doing any work balancing older toons while releasing new ones. Instead they choose the power creep aproach, after all it is easy money from the addicted whales.

Which is too bad because this events actually looks fun.
    Post edited by EA_Joz on
  • dsdsds
    72 posts Member
    Why is everyone saying 5 years? This wasnt planned. They knocked this together in a weekend
  • Jedi Luke is at the core of the franchise and a key character we’ve all been waiting for since launch.

The fact that he’s not the most powerful character in the game at the time he’s launched is laughable.

Why would I gear a load of garbage characters and inflate my GP to unlock Luke when he’s not more powerful than galactic legends? He’s not meta and is sort of on par with Jedi revan, Padme, GAS, darth revan all of which are easier to get and the characters you’re forced to gear are all decent enough.

Furthermore the characters you have to gear to get Luke have no synergy with Luke because you’ve decided he’s not a rebel. Which again, is ridiculous and doesn’t fit with the films at all.

If you can’t even get Jedi Luke right at this stage I think I’m just done.

This was the one thing I was excited for in the game and I really don’t see the investment being worth it. At all.

I’ve had nothing to be excited about in this game since GAS, and there’s still nothing.

Things need to change:
    1. Luke needs to be a galactic legend
    2. Luke needs to be meta at launch
    3. Luke needs a rebel tag

It’s really not hard CG, come on!
  • Phoenixeon
    1842 posts Member
    Jedi Luke is at the core of the franchise and a key character we’ve all been waiting for since launch.

The fact that he’s not the most powerful character in the game at the time he’s launched is laughable.

Why would I gear a load of garbage characters and inflate my GP to unlock Luke when he’s not more powerful than galactic legends? He’s not meta and is sort of on par with Jedi revan, Padme, GAS, darth revan all of which are easier to get and the characters you’re forced to gear are all decent enough.

Furthermore the characters you have to gear to get Luke have no synergy with Luke because you’ve decided he’s not a rebel. Which again, is ridiculous and doesn’t fit with the films at all.

If you can’t even get Jedi Luke right at this stage I think I’m just done.

This was the one thing I was excited for in the game and I really don’t see the investment being worth it. At all.

I’ve had nothing to be excited about in this game since GAS, and there’s still nothing.

Things need to change:
    1. Luke needs to be a galactic legend
    2. Luke needs to be meta at launch
    3. Luke needs a rebel tag

It’s really not hard CG, come on!

Then I am afraid you need more meh chars geared to R5, like hoth brothers, tuskens, tons of imperials....
  • TVF wrote: »
    JKL will be required to get GLuke.

Pitty that GLuke would be old-man Luke. Maybe the last movies are the benchmark for GLs
  • Palanthian
    1262 posts Member
    Is JKL’s second zeta as useless as it looks, or am I missing something?
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Palanthian wrote: »

Do you not understand the importance of speed in a turn based game?

It’s very good zeta under his lead - outside his lead it doesn’t shine as much but you need him fast so it’s good there too since he has a very bad base speed
  • Palanthian
    1262 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    Palanthian wrote: »

Do you not understand the importance of speed in a turn based game?

It’s very good zeta under his lead - outside his lead it doesn’t shine as much but you need him fast so it’s good there too since he has a very bad base speed

Gradually building up to 20 extra speed after the battle has already started, and putting it on one of the slowest characters in the game, seems pretty uninspiring, yes.
  • Reptile
    114 posts Member
    His leader is strong but overall a very boring uninspiring character at the moment. When new characters of his stature come out they usually have a strong team clearly made for them. The best Jedi already have their own teams. The remaining Jedi are sub-par. He can make it work with them but that is not enough for a character like Luke. I truly hope there is more to come for him.
  • His lead with, Aaya, QGJ, Ezra, HYoda is fun. Calls to assist somewhat mitigate his poor speed.
  • Rebmes
    376 posts Member
    I like having more options. Jedi just meant Revan until now.
  • KKatarn
    629 posts Member
    He would be a monster with a rebel tag.
  • KKatarn wrote: »
    He would be a monster with a rebel tag.

Maybe that's why they didn't give him a Rebel tag.