Ahnalds account [MERGE]

Replies

• TVF
    36526 posts Member
    rickertron wrote: »
    Gamorrean wrote: »
    While I do find Ahnald a bit hypocritical, the cheating thing is just not cool at all...
    And they just ignore it completely.

It is not known if they are ignoring it. They just haven't communicated with anyone not directly involved. Big Difference.

they haven't communicated with anyone....period.

How do you know they have not contacted those directly involved? Do you work for CG and are involved the issue? Are you one of the individuals directly involved? OR you taking the word of people you do not know talking about the issue on the internet?

I'm just basing it on a lot of players that I know that have contacted the Devs, and got no reply. There are at least 45 people I know that have tried to speak to them and nothing! And also my personal experience. So yeah, that about sums up my knowledge.

So 45 people that were directly involved? Or 45 randos?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited July 2020

Doesnt matter. Negotiation with cheaters while having a 0 tollerance program is a community wide issue. It impacts more than just those who have been cheated. It impacts those who may get cheated in the future.... aka everyone.

How can a person trust that the integritty of a match is being upheld if they know going in the person being faced may fall into the category of a cheater who will get a wrist slap? Perhaps the person is also a beta tester, or a whale, or a friend of the dev... they may have "good standing" and get to come back to do it again.

Thats a problem and that needs to be addressed.

They need to respond to the community to lets us all know they actually are banning the cheaters permenantly and explain what has changed to negate what was shown.

But feel free to ignore that so you can twist a specific piece of the larger issue and build it up to break that down. Straw man arguments are fun.
  • ShaggyB wrote: »
    Doesnt matter. Negotiation with cheaters while having a 0 tollerance program is a community wide issue. It impacts more than just those who have been cheated. It impacts those who may get cheated in the future.... aka everyone.

How can a person trust that the integritty of a match is being upheld if they know going in the person being faced may fall into the category of a cheater who will get a wrist slap? Perhaps the person is also a beta tester, or a whale, or a friend of the dev... they may have "good standing" and get to come back to do it again.

They need to respond to the community to lets us all know they actually are banning the cheaters permenantly and explain what has changed to negate what was shown.

But feel free to ignore that so you can twist a specific piece of the larger issue and build it up to break that down. Straw man arguments are fun.

Sure, they could do that,
    But you wouldn't believe them.
    Not what "Straw Man" means...
  • TVF wrote: »
    While I do find Ahnald a bit hypocritical, the cheating thing is just not cool at all...

It is not known if they are ignoring it. They just haven't communicated with anyone not directly involved. Big Difference.

How do you know they have not contacted those directly involved? Do you work for CG and are involved the issue? Are you one of the individuals directly involved? OR you taking the word of people you do not know talking about the issue on the internet?

I'm just basing it on a lot of players that I know that have contacted the Devs, and got no reply. There are at least 45 people I know that have tried to speak to them and nothing! And also my personal experience. So yeah, that about sums up my knowledge.

What kind of question is this? Does it matter?

Why would it matter?
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

Why would it matter?

Why would CG respond to randos?
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    ShaggyB wrote: »

????

A straw man fallacy/arguement occurs when someone takes another person's argument or point, distorts it or exaggerates it in some kind of extreme way, and then attacks the extreme distortion, as if that is really the claim the first person is making.

TVF is asking if the 45 people Bear knows were directly impacted or were just random people. Thats taking Bears point that he knows people who reached out for response to a violation of the previous community wide announcement of 0 tollerance, to instead make it out as if the people were claiming to have been cheated.

Again, he does that by asking if they were directly involved or randos. Basic idea is if Bear said they were random people, that it could then be dismissed as those people werent directly impacted by a cheater.

Thats a straw man fallacy/arguement.

The situation in question is one of cheaters getting slap on the wrists while CG claims 0 tollerance as proven by thw private message from LucifersDaddy to a cheater about his "good standing". Cheating is a community wide issue, last time i recall it being shown on youtube by a "content creator" it was addressed by CG to the community. We'd like to see that agian.(see bullsogs video that got him banned and caused they 0 tollerance policy to be confirmed with the community).

Perfect use of a straw man... trying to twist something to a point that can be easier to tear down.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member

Also stating i wouldnt believe them if they did what i and others are asking for is not a statement of fact.

If they came out and said something, id weigh what they said against what ive seen and make a judgement based on that.

Right now, ignoring it just makes them look guilty..
  • re-instate ahnald
    re-instate ahnald
    cg get your act together and re-instate ahnald
    no longer a f2p since i bought the hyperdrive bundle

Why would it matter?

Because they have to. Lol

I cant believe I'm answering this question! Lol.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member

Why would it matter?

Keep on not believing. They don't have to answer to any inquiry beyond problems with your personal service. It's not like this is the very first question or the thousandth inquiry getting left unanswered.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited July 2020

Why would it matter?

Because in both terms of service for google play and apple store, it states they have 3 days to respond to any customer communication.

Thats typically why they make you go to ea customer support to open ticket.

Google is pretty clear that if the publisher's customer support doesnt respond that you can and should go directly to the developer as they too fall under their terms of service
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member

Why would it matter?

No they don't, nor should they. Same reason they don't have to respond to randos complaining here.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member

Why would it matter?

Because in both terms of service for google play and apple store, it states they have 3 days to respond to any customer communication.

Google is pretty clear that if the publisher's customer support doesnt respond that you can and should go directly to the developer as they too fall under their terms of service

Complain to Google then lol. And good luck.

I'm not going to claim to know anything about their TOS but I'm quite sure you are twisting this to suit your own position, which is ludicrous. There's no way developers are required to respond to every nutjob complaint.
  • hottutty
    13 posts Member

Why would it matter?

I'm not going to claim to know anything about their TOS but I'm quite sure you are twisting this to suit your own position, which is ludicrous. There's no way developers are required to respond to every nutjob complaint.

Weren't you the one complaining that this thread was still going? And you still contribute to it. Irony at its finest.

Why would it matter?

Here you go.....this is from the Google play ToS for developers.

4.7 Users are instructed to contact You concerning any defects or performance issues in Your Products. As between You and Google, You will be solely responsible, and Google will have no responsibility, to undertake or handle support and maintenance of Your Products and any complaints about Your Products. You agree to supply and maintain valid and accurate contact information that will be displayed in each of Your Products’ detail pages and made available to users for customer support and legal purposes. For Your paid Products or in-app transactions, You agree to respond to customer support inquiries within 3 business days, and within 24 hours to any support or Product concerns stated to be urgent by Google. Failure to provide adequate information or support for Your Products may result in less prominent Product exposure or removal from Google Play by Google and may result in low Product ratings, lower sales and billing disputes by users.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    And this is from EA tos:

15. Dispute Resolutions by Binding Arbitration
    THIS SECTION APPLIES TO ALL CONSUMERS AND PEOPLE WHO ACCEPTED THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT. IT EXCLUDES RESIDENTS OF QUEBEC, RUSSIA, SWITZERLAND, BRAZIL, MEXICO, THE MEMBER STATES OF THE EEA, UNITED KINGDOM AND THE REPUBLIC OF KOREA. BY ACCEPTING THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, YOU AND EA EXPRESSLY WAIVE THE RIGHT TO A TRIAL BY JURY AND THE RIGHT TO PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS ACTION.

This Section offers a streamlined way to resolve disputes between us if they arise. Most of your concerns can be resolved quickly and satisfactorily by logging into the EA customer support interface with your Account at help.ea.com. If EA cannot resolve your concern, you and EA agree to be bound by the procedure set forth in this Section to resolve any and all disputes between us.

This Section is an agreement between you and EA, and applies to our respective agents, employees, subsidiaries, predecessors, successors, beneficiaries and assigns. This agreement to arbitrate evidences a transaction in interstate commerce, and thus the Federal Arbitration Act governs the interpretation and enforcement of this Section. This Section shall be interpreted broadly and shall survive termination of this Agreement.

Claims Covered by Arbitration

All disputes, claims or controversies arising out of or relating to this Agreement, any EA Service and its marketing, or the relationship between you and EA ("Disputes") shall be determined exclusively by binding arbitration. This includes claims that accrued before you entered into this Agreement. The only Disputes not covered by this Section are claims (i) regarding the infringement, protection or validity of your, EA's or EA's licensors' trade secrets or copyright, trademark or patent rights; (ii) if you reside in Australia, to enforce a statutory consumer right under Australia consumer law; and (iii) brought in small claims court.

Informal Negotiations

You and EA shall first attempt to resolve any Dispute informally for at least 30 days before initiating arbitration. The informal negotiations commence upon receipt of written notice from one person to the other ("Notice of Dispute"). The Notice of Dispute must: (a) include the full name and contact information of the complaining party; (b) describe the nature and basis of the claim or dispute; and (c) set forth the specific relief sought. EA will send its Notice of Dispute to your billing or email address. You will send your Notice of Dispute to: Electronic Arts Inc., 209 Redwood Shores Parkway, Redwood City CA 94065, ATTENTION: Legal Department.

Binding Arbitration

If you and EA cannot resolve a Dispute informally, you or EA may elect to have the Dispute finally and exclusively resolved by binding arbitration. Any election to arbitrate by one party shall be final and binding on the other. The arbitration shall be administered by the American Arbitration Association ("AAA") under its Commercial Arbitration Rules and, where appropriate, the AAA's Supplementary Procedures for Consumer Related Disputes ("AAA Consumer Rules"), both of which are available at the AAA website www.adr.org. Your arbitration fees and your share of arbitrator compensation shall be governed by the AAA Rules and, where appropriate, limited by the AAA Consumer Rules. If such costs are determined by the arbitrator to be excessive, or if you send EA a notice to the Notice of Dispute address above indicating that you are unable to pay the fees required to initiate an arbitration, EA will pay all arbitration fees and expenses. The arbitration may be conducted in person, through the submission of documents, by phone or online. The arbitrator shall make a decision in writing, and shall provide a statement of reasons if requested by either party. The arbitrator must follow applicable law, and any award may be challenged if the arbitrator fails to do so. You and EA may litigate in court to compel arbitration, to stay proceeding pending arbitration, or to confirm, modify, vacate or enter judgment on the award entered by the arbitrator.

Limitations

YOU AND EA AGREE THAT EACH MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST THE OTHER ONLY IN YOUR OR ITS INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY, AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING. The arbitrator shall not consolidate another person's claims with your claims, and shall not preside over any type of representative or class proceeding. The arbitrator may award declaratory or injunctive relief only in favor of the individual party seeking relief and only to the extent necessary to provide relief warranted by that party's individual claim. If this specific subsection is found to be unenforceable, then the entirety of this agreement to arbitrate shall be null and void.

If you live in the United States, arbitration will take place at any reasonable location convenient for you. For residents outside the United States, arbitration shall be initiated in the County of San Mateo, State of California, United States of America, and you and EA agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of that court, in order to compel arbitration, to stay proceeding pending arbitration, or to confirm, modify, vacate or enter judgment on the award entered by the arbitrator.

Recovery

If the arbitrator rules in your favor on the merits of any claim you bring against EA and issues you an award that is greater in monetary value than EA's last written settlement offer made before EA makes its final written submissions to the arbitrator, then EA will:

Pay you 150% of your arbitration award, up to $5,000 USD over and above your arbitration award; and
    Reimburse the arbitration fees that you paid to the AAA.

Changes to this Arbitration Agreement

EA will not enforce material changes to this agreement to arbitrate, unless you expressly agree to the changes.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Now let's interpret customer support as anything goes as has been done for the last few pages.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Lol
  • Ahnaldt could just ask another kraken for another account but this time if he has issues he should not ask support.

It is like you get a stolen iPhone and then once you have issues you go to Apple store to ask them to fix it :D
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    Now let's interpret customer support as anything goes as has been done for the last few pages.

Pretty sure that says if you and ea cant get along google will be the deciding vote. Which then means you go to their TOS which states cg will respond in 3 days.

Thats how i got a refund of sorts for this screw up on CGs part. Ea didnt respond in 3 days, nor did CG.... so google stepped in to resolve per TOS.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Ahnaldt could just ask another kraken for another account but this time if he has issues he should not ask support.

It is like you get a stolen iPhone and then once you have issues you go to Apple store to ask them to fix it :D

Ahnaldt already did that.

Again this is about negotiation with cheaters, not ahnalds account ban
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member

Pretty sure that says if you and ea cant get along google will be the deciding vote. Which then means you go to their TOS which states cg will respond in 3 days.

Thats how i got a refund of sorts for this screw up on CGs part. Ea didnt respond in 3 days, nor did CG.... so google stepped in to resolve per TOS.

Customer support is not "ask us any question related to the game in general and we'll have to reply in 3 days". Of course google will refund as they can't understand the nature of the problem in detail or would care.
    Ahnaldt could just ask another kraken for another account but this time if he has issues he should not ask support.

Read the thread title.
    "Countering a point not made"
    - Straw man argument.
  • Boros
    507 posts Member
    Why is this thread still here
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    where else would it be
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member

Read the thread title.
    - Straw man argument.

Read the entire thread. Mods merged several threads into this one.

Nice try though
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member

Customer support is not "ask us any question related to the game in general and we'll have to reply in 3 days". Of course google will refund as they can't understand the nature of the problem in detail or would care.

Guess thats why they ask for detail including screen shots to not understand better.

Read the thread title.
    - Straw man argument.

Nice try though

"Read the entire thread"...
    Whether you like it or not,
    It's about Ahnald.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member

Read the thread title.
    - Straw man argument.

Nice try though

"Read the entire thread"...
    Whether you like it or not,
    It's about Ahnald.

Again, its a thread made up of every bit of outrage from 3 weeks ago all tucked neatly under the one label.

You can elect to ignore it all you want, but that doesnt mean thats its only about ahnald and his banned account.

Its not as if we are allowed to discuss the other topics elsewherre, they just got merged back into this one.