Only 200 mod loadouts? Please increase the minimum!

We have 186 characters at this point, many of which need different mods for different tasks. TB and assault battles need arena-worthy mod sets nowadays, but we also need to mod our complete roster for GAC and TW. Please consider upping the number to 256 at least. 200 seems like a weirdly arbitrary database limit.

Replies

• TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Delete some.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • You need more than 200 mod loadouts? That's incredibly surprising to me. I know everyone doesn't play the same way, but I can't imagine I'd ever need more than 50 at one time. At least half the characters in-game are ones that no sane person would bother creating a loadout for.
    There's a big problem with not having enough slots in the mod inventory, that needs to be addressed first. I'm always running out of space in my inventory, and constantly having to sell mods I'd rather keep.
  • words

I could tell you that no sane person holds on to that many mods, but that's not what this thread is about. Let's try and stay on topic, shall we?

Multiple arena teams. GAS, anti-Rey DR, mirror DR, Fast Padme, slow Padme, Empire etc. Let's say at least 5. Another 5 squads with arena-worthy mod loadouts for each Geo TB. 5 more for the new assault battle tiers and we're already at 100 loadouts. Now double this for GAC / TW and there is nothing left for raids and other purposes. 200 is simply not enough anymore, and it's an arbitrary number that could easily be increased to 256.
  • Wouldn’t it just be more simple to have only 1 loadout per character?

I really don’t understand why people remod for every thing when they could just put one set on 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Wouldn’t it just be more simple to have only 1 loadout per character?

I really don’t understand why people remod for every thing when they could just put one set on 🤷🏻‍♂️

I don't think we need more loadouts (200 is plenty) but at the same time this is a basic misunderstanding of mods.

Different modes require different teams and therefore different mods. My JKL is a support toon in arena and gets different mods then when he's leading a team in GAC/TW.
  • Wouldn’t it just be more simple to have only 1 loadout per character?

I hope to eventually get to a point where I have plenty of 6E mods with great speed secondaries and rarely need to move my arena mods around. But even then, I might need primarily health on Fives under Padme lead and offense + protection when I put him on a 501st team, to name one example.
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member

I hope to eventually get to a point where I have plenty of 6E mods with great speed secondaries and rarely need to move my arena mods around. But even then, I might need primarily health on Fives under Padme lead and offense + protection when I put him on a 501st team, to name one example.

Sure, but 201 loadouts? Why? Only about 50 characters are worth worrying about, and you really shouldn't need more than 2 for each of those. The other 136 characters should just have the same mods all the time, because they're garbage anyway.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    StarSon wrote: »

Sure, but 201 loadouts? Why? Only about 50 characters are worth worrying about, and you really shouldn't need more than 2 for each of those. The other 136 characters should just have the same mods all the time, because they're garbage anyway.

I may have misunderstood your post, but your 51st toon is garbage?
  • kello_511
    1648 posts Member

That’s a bit of an under-estimation.
    For a regular GAC, you need to set 7 teams. That’s 35 toons (plus maybe some extra for your pilots) just on defense.
    You need a similar number on offense, so you’re already up to 70-80 toons. And that’s assuming you know exactly which toons you will use on offense and that you win every battle the first time always.
    I have some teams modded as backups that I usually don’t use but do sometimes need.
    Having 100 toons modded isn’t that far if a stretch.

Then for TB, since you are able to re-mod your teams in between battles the loadouts are different. Each team can re-use your best Mods, so for each TB it’s not unheard of to have 5-6 teams worth of loadouts ready.
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

I may have misunderstood your post, but your 51st toon is garbage?

Facetiously, yes.
    kello_511 wrote: »

That’s a bit of an under-estimation.
    For a regular GAC, you need to set 7 teams. That’s 35 toons (plus maybe some extra for your pilots) just on defense.
    You need a similar number on offense, so you’re already up to 70-80 toons. And that’s assuming you know exactly which toons you will use on offense and that you win every battle the first time always.
    I have some teams modded as backups that I usually don’t use but do sometimes need.
    Having 100 toons modded isn’t that far if a stretch.

Then for TB, since you are able to re-mod your teams in between battles the loadouts are different. Each team can re-use your best Mods, so for each TB it’s not unheard of to have 5-6 teams worth of loadouts ready.

I didn't say you shouldn't mod that many characters, I said it's silly to have loadouts for that many.
  • I can understand why people create loadouts but why on earth would you have more than 200 in mind?

Personally I don’t gear up someone until I have a mod set built for them, after which I delete the loadout 🤷🏻‍♂️