I HATE galactic wars

Nighteg
12 posts Member
I've been playing for a few months (lvl 78 at the moment), and in that time, i was able to finish this maybe (MAYBE) 3 times, no more. Usually i can get to 400 galactic war tokens (battle 5?) before i encounter a team which i have no chance of defeating, and can't advance beyond that point.
Is there a trick to this? Or is it just an **** design?
I've tried using a weaker team at the start, but they can't get past second, sometimes even the first battle...

Replies

• It is hard at the start, but it will become so much easier. Hard to comment without seeing your roster, but once you get 5 Phoenix members geared up and to 7 stars (not Sabine), then it becomes a lot easier. They heal each other up allowing the team to get through all the stages most of the time.

Just need to beat it 50 times and you can sim it thereafter. Used to be 150 times which trust me was a pain to get to.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    A. Which teams do you have available?
    B. Did you mod them well?
    C. Do you make sure to have all your special abilities off cool down and your team healed up by the end of a battle?
  • a Geo team can breeze through it also
  • SLKR can solo the entire thing by himself. Get yourself an SLKR and you are good to go on this.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    SLKR can solo the entire thing by himself. Get yourself an SLKR and you are good to go on this.

I can't decide if I love or hate this post. Leaning towards love.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Nighteg wrote: »
    I've been playing for a few months (lvl 78 at the moment), and in that time, i was able to finish this maybe (MAYBE) 3 times, no more. Usually i can get to 400 galactic war tokens (battle 5?) before i encounter a team which i have no chance of defeating, and can't advance beyond that point.
    I've tried using a weaker team at the start, but they can't get past second, sometimes even the first battle...
    At level 78, you should probably have gotten to 50 wins, not just 3. Post the swgoh.gg link to your roster. Like everyone else said, once you farm Phoenix or maybe seps, Galactic War will be a breeze after that.

• I was expecting a post about how it's too easy and you can't accurately test your teams. You would have hate it when it was the original way (it actually used to be much harder)
  • SLKR can solo the entire thing by himself. Get yourself an SLKR and you are good to go on this.

This post reeks of the Dark Side. Sarcasm does not help the OP.

I imagine GW is much harder for new players today than it was 4 years ago. The table scales up the difficulty based on roster power until L85; I hit that point long, long ago before g12 and zetas, so my GW table is capped at a much lower level than a newly minted L85 today. Glad I do not have to slog through it, would be a nightmare.

1. Link your roster if you have a SWGOH.gg account so we can see what you are using.

2. You are at a really nasty point in GWAR due to your level & access of players to Omegas/Zetas.
    Starting at L75 (Omegas on Primary Abilities) and going up to 82 (Zetas) you will see some really imbalanced fights due to the "opponent" lists were taken from someone that has Omegas/Zetas & unfortunately the balance mechanism for G-War matches is from before Omegas/Zetas were invented.
    So anyone that has them is getting "Free" power ups & if the enemy does & you don't, the fight will be quite a bit harder.

3. Your also getting to the point where NightSister groups finally get access to Zombie which takes them from being easy to kill to MUCH harder to kill.

When I was your level I was rotating between Phoenix & Empire with some junk rebels/scoundrels for throw away teams.

They key with a sacrifice team is to last long enough that the enemy blows their best AE/CC abilities but not so long that they start counting down on their timers.

Phoenix is a GREAT team for GRINDING through 12 battles, but at some point you will often hit a team they can't beat or will damage them too much so a later team kills them.
    Knowing when to use an EMPIRE/AEing team is very useful.
    Having a 3rd or 4th team able to also survive more than a round is also useful.

By the time I was approaching 85 I had also added First Order, Bounty Hunters, and Jedi to my options.
    When I added Bastila it was basically overkill as her & Yoda didn't need much help to do all 12 fights.

But it was still useful to have those other teams for when you needed something different (AE's/Debuffs) & it was also good to just use those teams for practice.

As mentioned above, post your roster so we can see & offer advice. And if you have some good characters that are used at L85 then those are good options to start thinking about spending Omegas on as it will boost your abilities quite a bit.
  • Nighteg
    12 posts Member
    Thanks for the answers, some of which i couldn't understand, being a new player....

"a Geo team can breeze through it also" - GEO?
    "SLKR can solo the entire thing by himself" - who?
    "Post the swgoh.gg link to your roster" - my what now? I went to that site, but couldn't link, the site's broken.

Regarding the never-ending suggestion to go for the phoenix team - is this an absolute must? I don't like them, always avoided them. Don't want to play with characters i don't like.
    Right now i have a jedi team - Luminara, Mace, Anakin, Ahsoka and old Ben. Also have Plo and Consular at same lvls, but find them less useful. I don't have enough resources to build a strong second team.
    Thanks for the answers, some of which i couldn't understand, being a new player....

"a Geo team can breeze through it also" - GEO?
    "SLKR can solo the entire thing by himself" - who?
    "Post the swgoh.gg link to your roster" - my what now? I went to that site, but couldn't link, the site's broken.

Regarding the never-ending suggestion to go for the phoenix team - is this an absolute must? I don't like them, always avoided them. Don't want to play with characters i don't like.
    Right now i have a jedi team - Luminara, Mace, Anakin, Ahsoka and old Ben. Also have Plo and Consular at same lvls, but find them less useful. I don't have enough resources to build a strong second team.

A geo team means a geonosian team.
    SKLR means Supreme leader Kylo Ren, a Galactic Legend character you can expect to get a couple of years after you reach level 85.
    swgoh.gg is the database for this game. You can link your account to this site by using the 'sync' button. If you can't do it just give us some screenchots of your roster.
    Regarding Phoenix, no, two years ago I had the same team as you and blasted through GW. I think it still works if you insist on your current team, but you need good speed mods. Mods, mods, mods. Always mods. Swap out Mace and use Plo. Mace and Rose Tico are famous for being stupidly useless. Also, get Bastila (you can farm her in hard nodes) and use her as lead (replace Lumi). She'll transform your whole Jedi team. And go to the journey guide and get Yoda.
  • I'll post this again here, I think it might help

Here are two basic strategies you can beat these nodes easily. Notice that they contradict each other, so choose one.
    1. (the one I think is ten times better especially if you're using a TM control team) After each galactic war encounter, not only are your HP, Protection, and cooldowns saved to the next encounter; turn meter is saved too. In usual cases (for example arena), all characters start with 0 TM. However, in battles with multiple encounters (Light&Dark side battles, mod battles, most events, and GW), the TM you end with is saved with your next encounter. For example, if you manage to have Dooku end the second last encounter with 80% TM, he will start the final encounter with 80% TM (basically an extra turn) and stun whoever you want. I liked using this tactics with Nute, BSF, Dooku, and any other decent support. The enemy usually doesn't even get to take a turn.
    2. (I hate this one because it gives the enemy the massive TM advantage, but some people says it works) Prepare a trash squad for the last node and throw them in to waste the enemy special abilities. While it might waste enemy specials and possibly make things easier for your main squad, the pre-loaded TM advantage, which I said is extremely important (without it GW won't be possible), is now given to the enemy.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Thrawn is a good and important character and not getting him will hold you back. GW can be done without Phoenix eventually, but in general in this game if you want the best characters and the best rewards you’re going to have to set aside your bias against farming/gearing things you don’t like outside the game.
  • I’m at L-61 and have completed it 24 times with a first order team. It’s all about strategy and grinding. It’s really annoying at times, sometimes I have to redo a node 6/7 times. Yes it’s also good to start off with a weak team, have them modeled properly and use every upgrade possible.
  • Nighteg
    12 posts Member
    Thanks everyone, it's a bit clearer now.
    I still can't sync on swgoh.gg, keeps telling me "Player ID not found", even though I've checked it a million times.
    My ally code is 478-622-435
    Attaching a **** of my toons..

p.s. replace Mace with Plo? Mace has, by far, the hardest crits on my team, he's responsible for most of the damage. Plo is very weak, I only advance him because of the ship. Does that change in the future?

26jmbgmcz1bm.jpg
  • @Nighteg the player ID (which is different from your ally code) is notoriously difficult to type in to swgoh.gg and it can be difficult to differentiate between a lower case L, capital i and the number 1; and the same with number 0 and capital o.

If you press the cog wheel settings button, your player ID is at the bottom of that screen.

It is really easy with a bastila lead jedi team. I haven't unlocked the ability to sim but I just enter the battle and sim it and I am able to clear all the levels. Bastila is a really helpful leader because of the 200% protection bonus for jedi.
  • What @TheMaster12345 said. ^^^^^
    I am level 80, and my jedi are a lot worse than yours. I just have ashoka, anakin, and yoda geared, but I have a 2 star gear 6 bastila that I use just for her lead. This has incredibly helped me start beating galactic wars once I got the tip to use her just for her lead. Unlock Bastila to lead the jedi you have, they should be able to beat the whole thing, because the bonus protection from her lead regenerates every single match.
  • What @TheMaster12345 said. ^^^^^
    I am level 80, and my jedi are a lot worse than yours. I just have ashoka, anakin, and yoda geared, but I have a 2 star gear 6 bastila that I use just for her lead. This has incredibly helped me start beating galactic wars once I got the tip to use her just for her lead. Unlock Bastila to lead the jedi you have, they should be able to beat the whole thing, because the bonus protection from her lead regenerates every single match.
    You should still keep gearing her up. She is very useful outside of her lead - give buffs, buff dispel, stun, ability block, and she is needed for JKR

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    If you need more healing add JC. Keep Anakin, Ahsoka and Old Ben. You should be able to get a 6* GM Yoda with your jedi. He's a great attacker. If you need more damage take Ezra to g9 as well (but not necessarily any higher). Don't waste any more gear on Mace - gear up the others instead.

Make sure that you have your team modded.

General strategy:
    In the beginning of each battle hit the opponents as hard as possible. Burn all your special abilities. After you killed a few opponents spend the rest of the battle healing up and getting your specials off cool down while killing the remaining enemies slowly.
  • The ideal team for now is Bastila (L), GMY, Anakin, Ahsoka, Old Ben. If you need a sub definitely go Plo Koon. He's great for utility. Plo at G9-11 modded with protection can be very durable.
    Dispel on basic is always awesome, and it's much better than Mace's dispel on special. With Ahsoka and Plo you'll have absolutely no issue with dispelling.
    His first special is okay, three turns of Off. Down on everyone isn't bad. Give him a Potency set to make sure it lands.
    What's turely amazing about Plo is his second special. It grants 50% TM to everyone as well as Def. Up. This is equal to half a bonus turn for each character. Which means it grants 2.5 bonus turns to your team in total. Mod him with a speed set as well so that he spams TM as often as possible.
    Besides his lead is good against Ewoks. (though not anywhere else)
    Plo was the key to JKR mirror matches when it was the meta. Dispel on basic keeps Bastila from spamming buffs, while second special grants enough TM to make up with the speed disadvantage even if you're slower.
    Mace, on the other hand, is considered the worst toon in the game along with Rose for having nearly zero utility

p.s. replace Mace with Plo? Mace has, by far, the hardest crits on my team, he's responsible for most of the damage. Plo is very weak, I only advance him because of the ship. Does that change in the future?

Mace has only one real benefit, and it's his dispel on his secondary attack. He is a tank, and I don't know why, but if you unlock Bastila and put a zeta on her, he pretaunts. That's the end of his usefulness. Plo Koon, on the other hand, is also a tank, so he'll gain the same benefit from Bastila's zeta. However, his basic attack dispels buffs, and his second Special feeds turn meter to the party. If you target him with an assist special, like Bastila's Special for example, he'll dispel the enemy buffs without wasting a special attack. You can then use her other Special to dispel another target. Add in your Ezra, and you have a second toon who can call an assist as well as dispel. Toss your old Ben as a reliable taunting tank and debuffs, and Anakin for his damage and AoE, and you'll have a Jedi team that can make short work of the Galactic War mode.
  • TheMaster12345
    607 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    LordGrahck wrote: »
    Nighteg wrote: »

Mace has only one real benefit, and it's his dispel on his secondary attack. He is a tank, and I don't know why, but if you unlock Bastila and put a zeta on her, he pretaunts. That's the end of his usefulness. Plo Koon, on the other hand, is also a tank, so he'll gain the same benefit from Bastila's zeta. However, his basic attack dispels buffs, and his second Special feeds turn meter to the party. If you target him with an assist special, like Bastila's Special for example, he'll dispel the enemy buffs without wasting a special attack. You can then use her other Special to dispel another target. Add in your Ezra, and you have a second toon who can call an assist as well as dispel. Toss your old Ben as a reliable taunting tank and debuffs, and Anakin for his damage and AoE, and you'll have a Jedi team that can make short work of the Galactic War mode.

Bastila lead, GMY, Ezra, Kanan, and Jolee also works. You just keep calling Yoda to assist and he destorys the opposing team.
  • 4_Yoda_large.png?v=1539646108

This too will pass, and after it you will face many, many more frustrating parts of the game.Galactic War leads to Carbanti bottlenecks. Carbanti bottlenecks lead to Kyrotechs. Kyrotechs lead to G13 grinds. All this leads to pain, sadness.

latest?cb=20190302025212

This is the way.
  • pretty much everything works as long as Bastila's on the lead and Mace's nowhere to be seen
  • pretty much everything works as long as Bastila's on the lead and Mace's nowhere to be seen

If you have GMY it is an extra plus.
  • I am at level 74 and finished it 41 times because i have multiple team such as the 501st that can pretty much clear 2 thirds of the galactic war and my sepratist team the last third but if that doesn t work i can pop up a bh or yoda team or even a sith team where i put the sith marauder who puts potency up so that vader and all these debuff dealers can put massive debuffs that will slowly kill the enemy.

But keep up you will manage to win it but please post a swgph gg profile!