best way to farm phoenix team?

davidwanqwerty
61 posts Member
edited July 2020
so i've recently decided to start farming the phoenix team, because it can lead to thrawn and palpatine. i've also been thinking about the best way to farm this team with no cost, because i'm a f2p and i'm never gonna spend money on this game. i've seen the journey guide pack for the phoenix squad and it looks like the journey guide mega pack is the best option. can anyone go confirm that or give me a better option? thanks

also just in case you need it for some reason https://swgoh.gg/p/839194799/
no longer a f2p since i bought the hyperdrive bundle
Post edited by davidwanqwerty on

Replies

• Ezra's and Hera from cantina nodes. Chopper from cantina store. Kanan from arena store. And zeb from gw store. It's a grind but one of the easier ones.

• i'll use this idea along with grinding the journey guide mega packs, thx for the help
  • also anyone know which one of the phoenix team i shouldn't use, as there are 6 of them
  • Jkane
    220 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    Sabine is generally not used for Thrawn. The other 5 all serve important functions in that event. Only need her for the Phantom.
  • Ct214476
    176 posts Member
    WHALE HARDER!
  • @davidwanqwerty
    Don’t use the journey packs if you are F2P or even a light spender!
    It’s better to use crystals for Normal Energy and Cantina Energy refreshes.
    Ideally target Top 200 (Top 50 better still) in Arena
    And
    Top 50 in fleet. This will give you several energy refreshes/day

()Fleet is easier to get to the top of than standard Arena)
  • the thing tho is that it's gonna be hard for me to get to top 200 in arena when i'm not lvl 85 yet and my team is https://swgoh.gg/p/839194799/. i'm also using all of my energy trying to gear up tarkin or leia, and i feel that the journey guide pack is the fastest option for me because there's really no other use for my crystals at this point.

i'm getting around 100-200 crystals a day, and i'm currently spending them on the jedi journey guide packs, and phoenix is right after that. since the pack has 8 cards and 1 guaranteed character, and phoenix squad has only 6 members, i feel like opening a couple of those when i can will help me get phoenix squad a lot faster. that's my thought right now because it's literally impossible for me to get top 200 in arena, and i don't care at all about my ships yet.
  • Don't buy any packs. It's the first lesson everyone learns. Especially the one you're talking about. If you use those crystals on cantina refreshes you'll get three time as many shards
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Jkane wrote: »
    Sabine is generally not used for Thrawn. The other 5 all serve important functions in that event. Only need her for the Phantom.

True, but I did it with sabine instead of ezra. Cuz, well, I like her better.
  • Saxguru
    69 posts Member
    CCyrilS wrote: »

Ezra is the biggest damage dealer in phoenix. He is an easy form too.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Saxguru wrote: »

Clearly I didn't say Sabine was better, although she is really good elsewhere, including ship.

Just saying that it's very possible to do without Ezra should one choose to do so.
  • the thing tho is that it's gonna be hard for me to get to top 200 in arena when i'm not lvl 85 yet and my team is https://swgoh.gg/p/839194799/. i'm also using all of my energy trying to gear up tarkin or leia, and i feel that the journey guide pack is the fastest option for me because there's really no other use for my crystals at this point.

i'm getting around 100-200 crystals a day, and i'm currently spending them on the jedi journey guide packs, and phoenix is right after that. since the pack has 8 cards and 1 guaranteed character, and phoenix squad has only 6 members, i feel like opening a couple of those when i can will help me get phoenix squad a lot faster. that's my thought right now because it's literally impossible for me to get top 200 in arena, and i don't care at all about my ships yet.

As a general rule energy refreshes are more efficient than any packs for Crystals for either gear or shards. At least up to 50 Crystals normal and 100 cantina refreshes.
    The 100 energy normal are also more efficient if you are farming enough hard modes to be worth it. But when focusing on one character, it gets more expensive as you have to also refresh the node multiple times.

The store is often quicker in those cases. But that really is only relevant if you bring in sufficient Crystal's to do that. At 100-200 a day, you pretty much have enough for a few energy refreshes a day.

Once you hit top of both arena and have 900 crystals a day, then you can do gear from the stores. But the packs are usually a huge gamble. Most of the time you end up paying 1200 crystals for 5 or 7 shards. Occasionally you get lucky. I once hit 144 on darth sion.

But even if you have the crystals, Phoenix isn't game changing enough to be worth paying the premium for. I reserve that for new characters that are arena viable at a low star count but not actually farmable. Sion was one such character back in the day. But with relics, I doubt we'll ever see another.
  • so is energy refresh more efficient or packs? i never buy singular packs because they're an obvious scam but the 8x phoenix pack looks worth it to me even if i have to farm for 2 weeks because they have 7 shard sets + a guaranteed character, and the phoenix team has only 5 members. that means i'm getting hopefully 30 shards of 1 character and 5-10 shards of the rest. i also haven't unlocked all of the nodes so this seems like the best idea for me so far.
  • Snowbird13
    460 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    Energy refreshes are always more efficient. Plus you get gear, credits, experience, and ability materials from the battles.
  • now that i think over it, you're right

i'll do that as soon as i learn which nodes they are and if i have them unlocked yet
  • Jkane
    220 posts Member
    Saxguru wrote: »

Clearly I didn't say Sabine was better, although she is really good elsewhere, including ship.

Just saying that it's very possible to do without Ezra should one choose to do so.

I agree it's possible with Sabine. It's just that she takes much longer to farm, so Ezra is usually the default damage dealer. His ability to debuff is quite useful in the final tier too. Yes, Chopper can handle that, but having both helps. Having said that, I like her better too.
  • Buyabha
    12 posts Member
    the thing tho is that it's gonna be hard for me to get to top 200 in arena when i'm not lvl 85 yet and my team is https://swgoh.gg/p/839194799/. i'm also using all of my energy trying to gear up tarkin or leia, and i feel that the journey guide pack is the fastest option for me because there's really no other use for my crystals at this point.

your biggest problem is that you're gearing up leia and Tarkin. Focus on one squad at a time only. Don't waste any time or energy on tarkin and leia for now focus only on Phoenix. the pack's are a terrible way to spend your gems especially if you are free to play. You will always get more bang for your buck if you spend those crystals on energy refreshes (Cantina energy in your case for phoenix farming) and use that energy to farm your shards
  • Gearing Tarkin & Leia are not "Bad" ideas, but I wouldn't focus on them over farming Phoenix.

Gold energy should be 50/50 spent between Character farms & Gear farming.
    I normally suggest having a single team of multiple gold characters going at one time, or, 2 teams that just need a single character.

(Example - Old Republic = Bastila, Zaalbar, & Jolee)
    or
    (Example - First Order = TIE Pilot or Storm Trooper + Phoenix = Sabine)

This lets you work on a few characters while still getting some gear upgrades farmed.

When it comes to Phoenix, most are very easy singular focus quick farms.

Cantina Battles / Red Energy for Hera & Ezra is an exception.
    I normally suggest to farm them in 3 steps & doing Ezra first.
    Open Ezra to 2*
    Open Hera to 2*
    Farm Ezra to 5*
    Farm Hera to 5*
    Farm Ezra to 7*
    Farm Hera to 7*

If you can afford it do refresh red energy 1x a day or more.

But make sure you are doing at least 2 Gold refreshes a day, gold is the longest farms & main source of gear outside of raids/events.

Use 60 of your Gold Energy each day for Sabine. It will be slow but she is just there for filling out her ship crew. She will take a LONG time to get to 7* & you might end up leaving her at only 4/5* after the others are long 7*

Kanan, Chopper, & Zeb are pretty straight forward farms where you can take them straight to 7* with the only reason to stop being if you can't do Credit Heists.
    If that happens to be the case, then in each of those stores open IG88, Boba, & Cad Bane respectively to fill out your Scoundrels team w/ some BH that will serves you later on getting Chewie & MilFalcon.
    You won't need to stop long if you do, just open them up at 3-3-4* & then back on Phoenix.
    You can go back to the BH's after Phoenix is 7*