When do we have GL Rey buffed too?

Replies

• Nitrogen
    119 posts Member
    Devian wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Drim wrote: »
    There’s also a new Rey counter it’s called Luke Nuke 100% affective rey dies in the first 30 seconds.
    vid
    probably smth like this
    https://youtu.be/HFYBCdTNKho

Wow
  • I have the second fastest Rey in the game, and SHE DOES NOT BEAT KILO, reliably. It's just RNG when he comes out of his ult. Fives makes arena life bearable, and it only affects kilo on D. They should either leave this as is, or give Rey the Jedi tag, and all is well. Rey, the inheritor of all jedi skill and knowledge, the most powerful jedi EVER, isn't a Jedi?
  • I think the main problem is not that a Rey team can't beat Kylo Teams, it's which Rey Teams can beat Kylo Teams. We have few Kylos with GBA, BSF and Malak in our shard but most are using full fo while Rey Teams needs things like GAS + 5s or JKR, Hermit Yoda & GK. When it comes down to just arena i think its fine, for the most part (besides people who are new, don't have the old Meta Toons and went all in on Rey). Where it realy sucks is in GA or TW. Not even talking about how many teams you can solo with Kylo (for example an full relic GG Team) but you can just place him with full FO in d or use him with full FO Team to beat every Team in the Game. While you can't place Rey with Resistence in the D or use her against too many highvalue targets with Resistence.
    TLDR: CG should realy improve her synergy with Resistance so she is as strong with them as Kylo is with FO
    (I only have Kylo btw but saw enough evidence in Discord Streams with my guild and seeing many Reys climbing over Kylos in my shard everyday)
  • Slaveen
    481 posts Member
    Chixsawx wrote: »
    I think the main problem is not that a Rey team can't beat Kylo Teams, it's which Rey Teams can beat Kylo Teams. We have few Kylos with GBA, BSF and Malak in our shard but most are using full fo while Rey Teams needs things like GAS + 5s or JKR, Hermit Yoda & GK. When it comes down to just arena i think its fine, for the most part (besides people who are new, don't have the old Meta Toons and went all in on Rey). Where it realy sucks is in GA or TW. Not even talking about how many teams you can solo with Kylo (for example an full relic GG Team) but you can just place him with full FO in d or use him with full FO Team to beat every Team in the Game. While you can't place Rey with Resistence in the D or use her against too many highvalue targets with Resistence.
    TLDR: CG should realy improve her synergy with Resistance so she is as strong with them as Kylo is with FO
    (I only have Kylo btw but saw enough evidence in Discord Streams with my guild and seeing many Reys climbing over Kylos in my shard everyday)

The problem with your post is that there is no reliable Rey counter to SLKR. Sure, some compositions have higher win rates than others. But nothing near the >95% win rate every SLKR owner enjoys over Rey.

Even breaking apart 4 previous META teams, Rey’s reliability against good SLKR teams is 50% AT BEST.

I have to beat the SLKR team of the guy with the 44th highest GP in the game for 1st in my arena climb every day. I’ve got like a 20-30% win rate against him at best. I often times just settle for second.

Granted, his arena team is one of the top 50 teams in the game. But still. My mods ain’t crap. They may not be as good as his but they’re still S tier. My R7 Rey should have a >90% win rate against even the best modded SLKR teams.
  • Devian
    663 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    TVF wrote: »
    Wow top 20.
    At lest 7 ppl I know of use vader or drevan teams to climb top-1(those who are before my PO and after, myself included) coz mirror rey fights are nightmare. Then at top1-3 just switching to Rey on defense.
    No Kylo I know of switches team this way(2 in range of my PO and guildmates). Can't say for other Kylos though, they have different time to climb) =) And yes they are pretty happy they are minority coz it's easiest for them this way. Kylo user Only had problems ones, when 5 kylo occupied 9-14, then one had to use padme with 555
    P.S. but yes, Vader is useless if Rey teams has tons of tenacity and vaders don't have additional potency
  • Slaveen
    481 posts Member
    Wow top 20.
    At lest 7 ppl I know of use vader or drevan teams to climb top-1(those who are before my PO and after, myself included) coz mirror rey fights are nightmare. Then at top1-3 just switching to Rey on defense.
    No Kylo I know of switches team this way(2 in range of my PO and guildmates). Can't say for other Kylos though, they have different time to climb) =) And yes they are pretty happy they are minority coz it's easiest for them this way. Kylo user Only had problems ones, when 5 kylo occupied 9-14, then one had to use padme with 555
    P.S. but yes, Vader is useless if Rey teams has tons of tenacity and vaders don't have additional potency

Always a qualifier working against Rey.

X can’t counter Rey easily if Y and Z.
    A can counter SLKR if B and C.
    Rey can counter SLKR if X and Y plus RNG.

SLKR counters Rey. Period.
    SLKR cannot be easily countered by any team. Period.

See if the difference?
  • Devian
    663 posts Member
    Slaveen wrote: »
    Wow top 20.

Always a qualifier working against Rey.

X can’t counter Rey easily if Y and Z.
    A can counter SLKR if B and C.
    Rey can counter SLKR if X and Y plus RNG.

SLKR counters Rey. Period.
    SLKR cannot be easily countered by any team. Period.

See if the difference?
    A can counter SLKR if skript forcing Kylo to attack him remain =D
    Rey can counter SLKR if RNG.
    SLKR don't use RNG =D.
    I just stated that counters to rey require some love in modding but yes, Rey teams overall won't stuck up tenacity otherwise they are gonna be garbage in mirror teams
  • Rafini
    299 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    give rey ability to earn ultimate meter while in ultimate stance and then allow her to use it at 60 or 80% just like kylo, since that was his advantage for being lesser PREVIOUSLY in other ways.. or take the ability away from Kylo to earn ultimate meter while in ultimate mode.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    I have the second fastest Rey in the game, and SHE DOES NOT BEAT KILO, reliably. It's just RNG when he comes out of his ult. Fives makes arena life bearable, and it only affects kilo on D. They should either leave this as is, or give Rey the Jedi tag, and all is well. Rey, the inheritor of all jedi skill and knowledge, the most powerful jedi EVER, isn't a Jedi?

Just wait untill Kilo evolves into Tonne!
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • WookieWookie
    1460 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    We will get a Rey buff as soon as CG sees it as a profitable use of their time/attention. So long as more people are chasing, gearing, and most importantly, spending on the currently better GL Kylo, they won't touch Rey. Maybe once the majority of the spenders have Kylo and CG thinks they can squeeze a few more $100k out of Rey before they release the next set of GLs, she'll get a buff.
  • Valariel
    161 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    Here's my issue with the Rey vs SL Kylo matchup.

Kylo has immense mastery scaling potential with Siphon. Rey's only scaling potential relies on enemies gaining TM to give her team mastery. But everyone using SLKR Specifically removes TM gain from their team for obvious reasons. Kylo also lowers the enemy's mastery, something Rey cannot do. If a battle goes too long, it's nearly impossible to kill SLKR without Rey's ultimate. My Rey often wins, but I'm just holding on for dear life at the end until my second ult is ready.

Kylo can gain more ultimate charge while using ultimate, but Rey cannot. I OFTEN see Kylos ult bar light up for another ult before he has even exited his ult. One turn in between and he pops it again.

Kylo's ult prevents all damage. Rey's ult prevents all but one point of damage, allowing on hit/crit effects to work (example: SLKR's aoe crits for 1 damage can still charge his ultimate qhite a lot)

Kylo with full FO is very strong and arena viable. This makes placing it on defense in TW/GAC fairly easy. Rey is strongest with a mixture of toons from various teams (GAS, GK, JKR, Hoda, Wat, or others). A full resistance Rey team is no where near as good as a full FO SLKR. This makes Rey substantially weaker in Roster-locked events such as TW, TB, and GAC.

I think they should at the very least, buff the other resistance toons (Holdo, Rose, OG resistance toons) so that a full resistance team is comparable to the Rey + GAS/JKR/GK comps. Almost no one in my shard uses more than 3 resistance and most use only Rey + 4 non-resistance.
  • BryGuy2k
    198 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    Or just make Rey a Jedi and be done with it.
  • They probably didn't make Rey a Jedi because of Bastila lead, she would start with 600k of protection up if modded for health and +150% tenacity. Fracture her, and you might not be able to kill her. That team might not be beatable by anyone including mirrors.
  • My suggestion is that she should inspire all LS allies at the start of an encounter. That would provide a good reason to at least run the RHs with her. As is, SLKR stuns one of them and it never gets a chance to spread around. The second change is to give 150-200k bonus damage on target for her ultimate, enough that she can kill a target with lifeblood even if a full team is standing. That would make mirrors easier and also help her beat SLKR more reliably.
  • Nitrogen
    119 posts Member
    Westley996 wrote: »
    My suggestion is that she should inspire all LS allies at the start of an encounter. That would provide a good reason to at least run the RHs with her. As is, SLKR stuns one of them and it never gets a chance to spread around. The second change is to give 150-200k bonus damage on target for her ultimate, enough that she can kill a target with lifeblood even if a full team is standing. That would make mirrors easier and also help her beat SLKR more reliably.

These are very good ideas
  • NataPda
    38 posts Member
    Another fix of Kylo..#buffRey
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    NataPda wrote: »
    Another fix of Kylo..#buffRey

He must have been really broken - that's his 3rd "fix". lol
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    More like: #buffResistance
    So the Kylo owners can better understand
  • #getboth

Some FTP have both now
  • Interestingly, are they blind, or just a narrow mind?
    #buffResistance
  • NataPda
    38 posts Member
    Interestingly, are they blind, or just a narrow mind?
    #buffResistance
    I think they got enough money for Rey and don't care how she is at all.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    NataPda wrote: »
    Interestingly, are they blind, or just a narrow mind?
    #buffResistance
    I think they got enough money for Rey and don't care how she is at all.

Meh, people endlessly parroting eachother. There is not a significant difference between amount of ppl who unlocked one of the gls.
  • Dmitry_M81
    459 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    The state of Rey / SLKR "balance" makes me wonder why exactly devs are so persistent in alienating Rey owners - many of us paid real money (collecting Resistance Heroes) to get her first. Me personally never ever trust them again and spend any other cent for this game after this fraud.
  • NataPda
    38 posts Member
    Dmitry_M81 wrote: »
    The state of Rey / SLKR "balance" makes me wonder why exactly devs are so persistent in alienating Rey owners - many of us paid real money (collecting Resistance Heroes) to get her first. Me personally never ever trust them again and spend any other cent for this game after this fraud.
    Totally agree. We spent a lot on useless resistance toons and finally got worse GL. But who cares?
  • Mirkraag
    509 posts Member
    CG doesnt respect its playerbase.

They dont care about the game, about Stat Wars. They are just a greedy company that want to make money on people dreams.

All of them should be fired. None of them worth any respect from any star wars fan.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Mirkraag wrote: »
    CG doesnt respect its playerbase.

They dont care about the game, about Stat Wars. They are just a greedy company that want to make money on people dreams.

All of them should be fired. None of them worth any respect from any star wars fan.

C'mon, they care a lot about stat wars! All the revenue depends on it.
  • i'm getting really frustrated too. GLK is the clear winner in arena, TW, GAC, raids, while GLR is unreliable in LSTB without cannibalising the already good rjt team. GLK is also very strong with a full FO team, but GLR has to break up your JKR and GAS teams to be on par, making her a liability for GAC. Whats with this unfair treatment between kylo and rey?
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Perhaps a bit tongue in cheek here but I wonder what would happen if we were to flood Disney with complaints that Kylo is considerably stronger than Rey in all game modes and Rey is being ignored and marginalized.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • WookieWookie
    1460 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    RAYRAY wrote: »
    Perhaps a bit tongue in cheek here but I wonder what would happen if we were to flood Disney with complaints that Kylo is considerably stronger than Rey in all game modes and Rey is being ignored and marginalized.

Same thing that's been happening for months. They ignore it so long as more people are spending/gearing the reqs for the better Kylo, which profits CG/EA.