What would you like to see in the future of the SW Universe?

Let's keep this to the storyline for now.. :) (Not games etc) Also, let's keep discussion about reworks, resets, removal from canon debates elsewhere. :)

What would you like to see in the future of the SW Universe? 18 votes

Old Republic stories
22% 4 votes
No more Jedi vs Sith
5% 1 vote
Jedi Academy - Tython
0% 0 votes
Sith Academy - Korriban
11% 2 votes
The rise of Mandalore stories - Old Republic era
22% 4 votes
Explore the force "Whills" (Lucas's idea for 7,8,9)
5% 1 vote
Other - Please explain in your reply
33% 6 votes

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    One thing I would love to see is a series much like how The Mandalorian has been done, but with Han and Chewie. They could easily weave in and out of many characters and plot lines from (or leading into) the original trilogy. Going into depth on people we only got a glimps of, but also filling in how they got the rep they had. Or it could lead out of the trilogy and expand on the universe between the Empire and FO.

I really feel that is the "only way" to cover a lot of ground in the universe and still be able to pull in story line from all over. you need a "non hero" character that can go into and out of these story lines and has some freedom to journey.

I also think some Mandalore/Old Republic could do this, but it would still end up being too "one sided" or focused to really tie together the universe as a whole, which is what I think the SW universe needs.

Maybe I just want too much to fit into one series (or series of movies), but that is what I would like to see. a pseudo "Avengers" story line that touches on multiple topics and characters from all over the universe, but still has 1 driving theme/character.
  • littleMAC77
    2397 posts Member
    Pretty much any of those besides the "Whills". honestly just anything that isn't the same old characters that will make everyone mad because [insert favorite character here] was done wrong.

I think Old republic would be cool, but so would movies/shows for the new High Republic. I also like more shows like the Mandalorian, set in a familiar time but with basically no one from major movie plots.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Kyno wrote: »
    One thing I would love to see is a series much like how The Mandalorian has been done, but with Han and Chewie. They could easily weave in and out of many characters and plot lines from (or leading into) the original trilogy. Going into depth on people we only got a glimps of, but also filling in how they got the rep they had. Or it could lead out of the trilogy and expand on the universe between the Empire and FO.

I really feel that is the "only way" to cover a lot of ground in the universe and still be able to pull in story line from all over. you need a "non hero" character that can go into and out of these story lines and has some freedom to journey.

I also think some Mandalore/Old Republic could do this, but it would still end up being too "one sided" or focused to really tie together the universe as a whole, which is what I think the SW universe needs.

Maybe I just want too much to fit into one series (or series of movies), but that is what I would like to see. a pseudo "Avengers" story line that touches on multiple topics and characters from all over the universe, but still has 1 driving theme/character.

Possible Characters could be Ahsoka (Fulcrum) telling stories, she is old now, looking back. I'd like that myself.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    I want them to tell a compelling story with a new twist. I’m tired of the Jedi and the Sith. If they opened up a new era and took an Avengers style approach, they could grab my attention...

...and they did. I’m excited for the High Republic publishing initiative. I hope they do it well.

But the universe is so big and has so many pieces, and I want more. Imagine a story of people, not Rebels, dealing with the Empire. Escaping oppression, or believing in order, the moral struggles of the average citizen must be phenomenal. But I’m more interested in the remnants of the Empire and the beginning of the new Republic, and how the galaxy functions then. I don’t think the Mandalorian gives us enough of that.

But most of all, I want them to pick up the threads and begin a new saga in an era after the force has essentially faded away. See how the galaxy fares in its biggest time of technology, but the magic is all gone.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Ooh, and also (I’m needy) I want the Revan storyline, but with some crazy twists and turns. Imagine the kind of galaxy CGI could build now! Taris, Kashyyyk, omg that could be so much fun.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Nihion wrote: »
    But the universe is so big and has so many pieces, and I want more. Imagine a story of people, not Rebels, dealing with the Empire. Escaping oppression, or believing in order, the moral struggles of the average citizen must be phenomenal. But I’m more interested in the remnants of the Empire and the beginning of the new Republic, and how the galaxy functions then. I don’t think the Mandalorian gives us enough of that.

So much this. Much of what we see are these established far reaching entities, which is great, but there could be so much more told from the building up to that state and transitions between states. all seen from the outside or at least the outskirts.

so much action and things that could be happening small scale that are just the kindling to the fire we always see.

We also see so much of the universe in black and white, when we know the reality is much more grey. seeing those struggles from that middle ground could be so much more of an epic and long lasting story. I dont care one side or the other, but the events that turn them one way or the other can be much more interesting.
  • TheMaster12345
    607 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    But I’m more interested in the remnants of the Empire and the beginning of the new Republic, and how the galaxy functions then.

I also really want this. Their is a pretty big gap between ROTJ and FA besides the Mandalorian. I want to know how they rebuilt the damage that was done and what happened after the destruction of the Empire.
  • Nihion wrote: »
    But I’m more interested in the remnants of the Empire and the beginning of the new Republic, and how the galaxy functions then.

I also really want this. Their is a pretty big gap between ROTJ and FA besides the Mandalorian. I want to know how they rebuilt the damage that was done and what happened after the destruction of the Empire.

Fair point, the Emperors demise (real or imagined) would not end the war. I'm sure it went on in pockets of the galaxy for quite sometime.

Fair point, the Emperors demise (real or imagined) would not end the war. I'm sure it went on in pockets of the galaxy for quite sometime.

It would be interesting to see how those fights/arguments/agreements/events after the war effected the creation of the FO and Resistance.

It would be interesting to see how those fights/arguments/agreements/events after the war effected the creation of the FO and Resistance.

Something with the feel of Rogue One would be good, more drama.
  • Chucko_marek
    3817 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    I would LOVE to see Vader in all his glory between episodes 3 and 4. Have a Jedi hunter series, where Vader or maaaybe Starkiller (fingers crossed) are sent to hunt down Jedi.
  • EventineElessedil
    6171 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    I would LOVE to see Vader in all his glory between episodes 3 and 4. Have a Jedi hunter series, where Vader or maaaybe Starkiller (fingers crossed) are sent to hunt down Jedi.

Absolutely! In my head canon, the PT began with Ep1 the beginning of the Clone Wars and discovering Anakin as perhaps a brash young star pilot with uncanny instincts ("too old to begin the training" but they do it anyway), Ep2 sees Palpatine use the Clone armies to overthrow the Republic and become Emperor, and Ep3 follows the emergence of Vader, the hunt for the Jedi, oppression of Imperial rule and how it leads to the Rebellion.

I know the PT didn't play out that way but it should have so I would definitely be interested in seeing at least some of that in action.
    Post edited by Kyno on

Possible Characters could be Ahsoka (Fulcrum) telling stories, she is old now, looking back. I'd like that myself.

I'd love it if they could bring in a bunch of other character's too with this. Specifically, those from Shadows of the Empire. I know that's not canon now but the YT-2400 is and can be seen flying over Mos Eisley in the rerelease of ANH. The story(ies) of how Han became so in debt to Jabba and maybe, Dash and him just finished up a job, just before Han meets Luke and Obi-Wan. Some of what happened to Chewy before he met Han. So many things here you could do.

In general, I'd like to see more stories of the Imperial/Republic era that has little to do with the force. Not that I don't like that, but a different perspective. I'd love to see something Star Wars from the eyes of an Imperial. You could do something like a guy who's in it for the right reasons and for a long while he's doing his job and what not but there just keeps being tiny things that just don't make sense. The series could end with him joining the rebellion or subverting his superiors and helping at either of the death star battles or something but dies as a result.
  • AM2Rainman wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

I'd love it if they could bring in a bunch of other character's too with this. Specifically, those from Shadows of the Empire. I know that's not canon now but the YT-2400 is and can be seen flying over Mos Eisley in the rerelease of ANH. The story(ies) of how Han became so in debt to Jabba and maybe, Dash and him just finished up a job, just before Han meets Luke and Obi-Wan. Some of what happened to Chewy before he met Han. So many things here you could do.

In general, I'd like to see more stories of the Imperial/Republic era that has little to do with the force. Not that I don't like that, but a different perspective. I'd love to see something Star Wars from the eyes of an Imperial. You could do something like a guy who's in it for the right reasons and for a long while he's doing his job and what not but there just keeps being tiny things that just don't make sense. The series could end with him joining the rebellion or subverting his superiors and helping at either of the death star battles or something but dies as a result.

Something along the lines of the "Young Indiana Jones Chronicles" -ish. Where you find out in the last episode that Indy (Harrison) is the old man telling all those wonderful stories. :)
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    I'd like the stories of the skywalker/solo kids from the books, with Mara and leia's noghri too, but it may be too late for those

A 'Rise of Jabba the Hut' story line would be awesome, with playable Jabba ldo.

and of course, the story of wampa, featuring more wampas!
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • TheMaster12345
    607 posts Member
    edited July 2020

Something with the feel of Rogue One would be good, more drama.

That's exactly what I'm looking for.

Also would want this.

I really just want a storyline that would be in between two trilogies that would show what happened between those two trilogies and how something in the following trilogy became a thing based on what happened in between.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member

In case we don’t get this soon, read the new Vader comics (if you haven’t). They offer some interesting storylines, and he kills a lot of Jedi.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Gifafi wrote: »
    I'd like the stories of the skywalker/solo kids from the books, with Mara and leia's noghri too, but it may be too late for those

okhxy3ggbzvc.jpg
  • More bounty hunter stuff.
    THE SUPREME JAWA OVERLORD!
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    As long as we let Dave Filoni & John Favreau do it, I don't even have a preference. Those two respect Star Wars and understand it in a way that practically guarantees that whatever path they take, it will be excellent.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
    Gifafi wrote: »

okhxy3ggbzvc.jpg

The wampa that swatted Luke off his tauntaun was supposed to be a different one than the one that got his arm cut off but that may not be canon as that was part of the original ESB script which had the wampas attacking Echo base. That poor wampa, came home to his wife, found a stranger in it then got his arm cut off. Let's get some back story of that. How they found the cave in just the right neighborhood but their marriage was struggling and Mr. Wampa comes home early one day from his job to try to surprise his wife with a nice gift and we all know what happens after that. It's a sad story really.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    As long as we let Dave Filoni & John Favreau do it, I don't even have a preference. Those two respect Star Wars and understand it in a way that practically guarantees that whatever path they take, it will be excellent.

This is what people thought about George Lucas. Guess what happened.

I’m all for Dave Filoni and Jon Favreau continuing to work on Star Wars, but Disney needs to stop putting all their eggs in one basket. They need to start taking risks and branching out, or Star Wars will never grow. I like the Mandalorian, but so far it’s pretty bland because they haven’t risked anything. Nothing new has happened.
  • Thank you for the replies, I'm out as reported elsewhere, and won't be monitoring this anymore. Take care everyone. MTFBWY, always..
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    I wouldn’t mind if you came back to visit. I’m sorry your SWGOH journey has ended, but May the force be with you in your future endeavors.