SLKR ultimate loop

Prev13
I dont know if this is intended, but to me its something that needs a fix. When supreme leader kylo uses the ultimate, it starts to charge again while he is in ultimate stance - and invincible. Then, when the ultimate runs out he is already charged for another 1, what, as I see, is a loop that should not happen.

The ultimate should not recharge while its being used. So, I think this should br fixed. What about you guys?

Replies

• Nitrogen
    119 posts Member
    I faced two SLKR team this morning where this exact thing kept happening, he would just go from Ult to Ult, with either one turn or no turns in between. Made him impossible to beat.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Kill his friends faster. He can't charge his ult much without help.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    This is a problem, it should be fixed now. Perhaps it will be part of the changes that may come if they get around to fixing the fives "cheese". Something absolutely needs to be done.

Edit: I guess the fives "cheese" was fixed in yesterday's update. So, I suppose this loop is intended only because they want Rey owners to pony up some cash to buy Kylo since he is that much harder to beat now that the strat doesn't work.

☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    is it really a loop though?

if he goes into ultimate at full charge, yes he can get up to 1 charge before it ends, but you can kill most if not all of his team. then he can go ultimate for 1 charge and that is where the loop ends. he can't build up enough charge to go ultimate again right after that.
  • Nitrogen
    119 posts Member
    RAYRAY wrote: »
    This is a problem, it should be fixed now. Perhaps it will be part of the changes that may come if they get around to fixing the fives "cheese". Something absolutely needs to be done.

They fixed the fives thing, that counter doesn't work anymore.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    RAYRAY wrote: »

Edit: I guess the fives "cheese" was fixed in yesterday's update. So, I suppose this loop is intended only because they want Rey owners to pony up some cash to buy Kylo since he is that much harder to beat now that the strat doesn't work.

Just put GK in in place of Fives.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Kyno wrote: »

if he goes into ultimate at full charge, yes he can get up to 1 charge before it ends, but you can kill most if not all of his team. then he can go ultimate for 1 charge and that is where the loop ends. he can't build up enough charge to go ultimate again right after that.
    Kyno wrote: »

To me (and others, it seems) it is a form of loop. He spends a long time invincible and can chain ultimates, what Rey, for instance, cant do. Rey does not charge her ultimate while her team is taking 1 damage, but kylo charges his while he is invincible. The ultimate is a special and very unique ability. It should not recharge until the one in use is finished.

• TVF
    36518 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

Shrug
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

To me (and others, it seems) it is a form of loop. He spends a long time invincible and can chain ultimates, what Rey, for instance, cant do. Rey does not charge her ultimate while her team is taking 1 damage, but kylo charges his while he is invincible. The ultimate is a special and very unique ability. It should not recharge until the one in use is finished.

he can double up on his ultimate, which can be prevented or mitigated with strategy. Rey protects her whole team, Kylo doesn't. there are many differences in their ultimates.
  • Slaveen
    481 posts Member

Not only does he charge it during ultimates, but it only requires 60% charge to activate. Rey require 100% charge and doesn’t gain charge while in her ultimate.

The resultant effect is that SLKR uses his ultimate again either immediately after his last one finishes or he takes one non-ultimate turn before activating his ultimate again, hence the “infinite loop” feel to it even if it not a true “infinite loop.”

As a Rey user, to have a chance to defeat SLKR, you have to do the following:
    1) kill his entire team during his first ultimate
    2) remove all SLKR’s protection in the brief moment he is available to take damage right after his first ultimate ends
    3) activate Rey’s ultimate after SLKR’s protection is removed and after SLKR has entered his ultimate stance for the second time (If he hasn’t already killed her)
    4) Use Rey’s ultimate to kill SLKR after he exits his ultimate stance for the second time and assuming you were able to remove all his protection in the brief moment he was available to receive damage between his first and second ultimates.

Outside of this formula, you can’t beat SLKR with Rey. Activate Rey’s ultimate too early, and you’ll use it while SLKR is in his ultimate stance, doing no damage. Activate it too late, and SLKR will kill you before you get a chance to use it. Lot of variables have to align that you can control to some extent but let’s face it: it’s mostly RNG.

Meanwhile, SLKR users can control the outcomes of their battles to a MUCH greater degree. Basically just activate SLKR’s ultimate after Rey enters her ultimate and you’ve got it.

I’m sure #BuffRey opponents will find some minute detail to laser in on in this post to derail the negative attention towards the GL balancing and parity issues without actually addressing the topic. It’s what they do best.

1) Deny, Deny, Deny
    2) Shift Blame
    3) Always Make Counter Accusations

he can double up on his ultimate, which can be prevented or mitigated with strategy. Rey protects her whole team, Kylo doesn't. there are many differences in their ultimates.

Rey and her team are critted during so called protection and this increases his ulti. Example https://youtu.be/WUETbWPAX50
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Rey and her team are critted during so called protection and this increases his ulti. Example https://youtu.be/WUETbWPAX50

Correct, I never said it didn't, but they take 1 damage. Kylos team has nothing protecting them at all during his ultimate. again many differences between the 2...
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    I never noticed before, but Kylo can crit even against crit immunity?
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member

He can't, but Stasis Strike will dispel any buffs before it hits, so it still crits even if they have CI.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• chmoAr0ufif0u
    83 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    Where's that? I wouldn't be surprised, but i went through the video, couldn't find something suspicious.

"which can be prevented or mitigated with strategy"
    I can't see how you prevent this, wanna elaborate? Without using all the prev meta.
  • str2019
    64 posts Member

Because Stasis Strike applies an undispellable&unpreventable Stun it has been suggested Rey's lifeblood should likewise apply an undispellable&unpreventable Crit Immunity. This would bring back "whether to risk it or not" decisions to Kylos as was originally advertised. As is there is no such thing when Kylo immediately enters the ultimate stance at full charge.

On topic, Kylo is working as intended and there are already 2 other threads on Rey vs. Kylo balance.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Jarvind wrote: »

He can't, but Stasis Strike will dispel any buffs before it hits, so it still crits even if they have CI.

That makes sense, thanks. However....
    str2019 wrote: »

Because Stasis Strike applies an undispellable&unpreventable Stun it has been suggested Rey's lifeblood should likewise apply an undispellable&unpreventable Crit Immunity.

What does this have to do with what I asked?
  • str2019 wrote: »

On topic, Kylo is working as intended and there are already 2 other threads on Rey vs. Kylo balance.

And this one has to do with his back to back ultimate.
    What are you? Forum police?
  • TVF wrote: »

As an SLKR owner, this is what the AI does every time against my team. It’s very successful. If I don’t time my ultimate(s) properly, I lose to Rey.
  • Keydash1
    503 posts Member
    The business about charging the next ultimate during the 1st ultimate was always true of SLKR's kit. And yet somehow almost everyone seemed to think SLKR was crap when the kits were released.

Correct, I never said it didn't, but they take 1 damage. Kylos team has nothing protecting them at all during his ultimate. again many differences between the 2...

defense doesn't win fights... and while SLKR's team doesn't have immunity during his ultimate, they still attack. think about it, it's really not complicated.
  • TVF wrote: »

As an SLKR owner, this is what the AI does every time against my team. It’s very successful. If I don’t time my ultimate(s) properly, I lose to Rey.

...it's not difficult to "time his ultimate properly". save the drama.
  • Slaveen
    481 posts Member

It’s not hard to “time” SLKR ultimates properly. She takes 2-3 turns between ultimates. Just activate SLKR’s ultimate after Rey, she uses hers, then use yours.

Rey, in the other hand, has a brief window to damage SLKR... if he even comes out of his ultimate, which he doesn’t do half the time.
  • Slaveen wrote: »

It’s not hard to “time” SLKR ultimates properly. She takes 2-3 turns between ultimates. Just activate SLKR’s ultimate after Rey, she uses hers, then use yours.

Rey, in the other hand, has a brief window to damage SLKR... if he even comes out of his ultimate, which he doesn’t do half the time.

What are you using for your team? If you’re using all resistance, it’s really on you for not doing better against SLKR.

Jedi are tough to kill, and I rarely get more than 1 down before Rey starts her ultimate. With jkr’s savior, GK’s crit immunity, and Hoda’s foresight, you should be able to do 2 whirlwinds before either play starts an ultimate. Almost every match ends 1 on 1 with the GLs.

You should spend more time trying different teams instead of demanding Rey buffs on the forums.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Starl0rd wrote: »

defense doesn't win fights... and while SLKR's team doesn't have immunity during his ultimate, they still attack. think about it, it's really not complicated.

i'm really not sure what you are saying, but I will try...

Yes it does when there is a timer, please read more about Rey v Rey fights. Reys team also attacks while protected by her ultimate, so not sure the point.

all I was saying (which you replied to) is that saying one should have something the same as the other "so they act the same" doesn't really mean anything because they are different and have many differences.
  • Slaveen
    481 posts Member
    Slaveen wrote: »

What are you using for your team? If you’re using all resistance, it’s really on you for not doing better against SLKR.

Jedi are tough to kill, and I rarely get more than 1 down before Rey starts her ultimate. With jkr’s savior, GK’s crit immunity, and Hoda’s foresight, you should be able to do 2 whirlwinds before either play starts an ultimate. Almost every match ends 1 on 1 with the GLs.

You should spend more time trying different teams instead of demanding Rey buffs on the forums.

SLKR owner: “Yeah, I beat all Rey compositions with a full FO squad, who I had to gear to get SLKR in the first place, without having to break apart my Sith Empite, Sith Triumvirate, and GG Separatist teams. You’re upset because you can’t do the same with Rey with Resistance? I think it’s fair that you should have to gear up unplayable Resistance toons to get Rey, them have to take your JKR, GAS, GK, and Hoda to G13 and and relic them too, breaking apart your Jedi, 501st, and Galactic Republic teams to even have a chance at defeating a full FO SLKR squad. You should spend more time theory crafting, spending credits to live your mods all around, etc, to develop a Rey team that can consistently beat SLKR, even though I didn’t have to do that. Gosh, so entitled, quit complaining.”

Do you even hear yourself?

i mean ending the battle 1v1 after you are (depending how the match went) 1v5 vs 5 full hp opponents (besides rey because of lb) if you end up 1v1 pretty much all the time then you win pretty much all the time because rey has nothing to even touch kylo and she does shi.. at protecting anything

you can end up 1v1 very easily with rey on offense after being 5v1
    but kylo still wins if you cant time your rey ult right which is hard with speeds on kylo vary on each one
    and you cant just swap mods in gac/tw like you can in arena

and btw playing slkr is way more fun than playing rey
    Slaveen wrote: »

SLKR owner: “Yeah, I beat all Rey compositions with a full FO squad, who I had to gear to get SLKR in the first place, without having to break apart my Sith Empite, Sith Triumvirate, and GG Separatist teams. You’re upset because you can’t do the same with Rey with Resistance? I think it’s fair that you should have to gear up unplayable Resistance toons to get Rey, them have to take your JKR, GAS, GK, and Hoda to G13 and and relic them too, breaking apart your Jedi, 501st, and Galactic Republic teams to even have a chance at defeating a full FO SLKR squad. You should spend more time theory crafting, spending credits to live your mods all around, etc, to develop a Rey team that can consistently beat SLKR, even though I didn’t have to do that. Gosh, so entitled, quit complaining.”

Do you even hear yourself?

Huh???

Lol you seem to be forgetting that SLKR was really bad against the Jedi Rey team prior to the changes. I did level toons that weren’t FO and spend lots of crystals to get a team that could at least win consistently against Rey (still couldn’t hold on D). Maybe you should try to stop forcing that resistance team to work. It would save you time on the forums.

i mean ending the battle 1v1 after you are (depending how the match went) 1v5 vs 5 full hp opponents (besides rey because of lb) if you end up 1v1 pretty much all the time then you win pretty much all the time because rey has nothing to even touch kylo and she does shi.. at protecting anything

you can end up 1v1 very easily with rey on offense after being 5v1
    but kylo still wins if you cant time your rey ult right which is hard with speeds on kylo vary on each one
    and you cant just swap mods in gac/tw like you can in arena

and btw playing slkr is way more fun than playing rey

I would love to respond to this, but I can’t tell what you are saying. Try using some of these: . , ? !

But I do agree SLKR is more fun to play. Rey looks boring.