Why go for Rey

Replies

• Couldnt say it better.

We have been robbed. And they lied about the viability of Galactic Legend Rey. She can do nothing compared to Kylo that autowin EVERY GAME MODE. He is a galactic legend, Rey is nothing. A simple Vador DESTROY her with 59 banners. It is absolutely scandalous
  • Nitrogen
    119 posts Member
    I just tried most of the counters in this thread, including the Hoda/Wat/Gas/GK one that claimed it works "100% of the time" and nothing. Four matches against SLK this morning and 0-4.

I'll keep trying, but this is ridiculous.
  • @Nitrogen I was experimenting last night in arena. I had some success with a few non-Jedi comps, but I don't have enough attempts left to say for sure whether they're reliable. This is the only one I tried that doesn't require a G13 Wat (that is, you'll get 2 tech pieces off before Kylo's AOE kills a G11 Wat).

GLR
    Wat
    Han
    Chewie
    L3 (pretty sure any G13 tank would work. Actually curious what a Zaalbar could do with his stacking armor)

Disclaimer, I have all these toons r3 or higher.
    L3 modded pure defense so she gets Guard from Chewie.
    Shoot Hux first to prevent SLK from getting his AOE early.
    Tank tech on L3 (immune to stun and crit thanks to Chewie)
    Medpac on GLR
    Spam LB until ultimate is ready. I was putting it on L3, but I think it may have been better to put on Chewie. Mine died after GLR's first ult, and L3 was still at full H+P at end of battle.
    Use ult.
    Spam LB until ult is ready.
    Use ult.
  • kiar1404
    241 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    Mirkraag wrote: »
    A simple Vador ..
    There is no "simple" Vader - there is THE Vader - the one and only.
    Not a third Version of someone.
    OK - Kylo ist a thirdversion, too - but he is Vader's grandson ;)
  • Slaveen
    481 posts Member
    @Nitrogen I was experimenting last night in arena. I had some success with a few non-Jedi comps, but I don't have enough attempts left to say for sure whether they're reliable. This is the only one I tried that doesn't require a G13 Wat (that is, you'll get 2 tech pieces off before Kylo's AOE kills a G11 Wat).

GLR
    Wat
    Han
    Chewie
    L3 (pretty sure any G13 tank would work. Actually curious what a Zaalbar could do with his stacking armor)

Medpac on GLR
    Spam LB until ultimate is ready. I was putting it on L3, but I think it may have been better to put on Chewie. Mine died after GLR's first ult, and L3 was still at full H+P at end of battle.
    Use ult.
    Use ult.

Do people not see an issue with this though?

To reliably beat SLKR, Rey users have to do a ungodly amount of theory crafting, team and mod rearrangements, spend hours watching YouTube videos and reading forums.

Meanwhile, to reliably beat Rey, SLKR owners have to activate his ultimate after Rey enters her ultimate. With full FO. No god-tier mods required.
  • AlexanderG
    1928 posts Member
    Slaveen wrote: »
    Get this - a Rey WW doesn’t even take a quarter of the ATSTs health in Endor Escalation.

Rey users, you’ve been duped. If you don’t realize that, you’re just a simp.

Just checked my arena top 10.. 7 are Rey teams. Yep, those players must hate the thousands of crystals they earn every week. "Simps" indeed.
  • Alright can we leave stupid terms out of this. Simps doesn't belong here or really anywhere. Let it die
  • Slaveen
    481 posts Member
    AlexanderG wrote: »
    Get this - a Rey WW doesn’t even take a quarter of the ATSTs health in Endor Escalation.

Just checked my arena top 10.. 7 are Rey teams. Yep, those players must hate the thousands of crystals they earn every week. "Simps" indeed.

Perfect example of #BuffRey opponents shifting the conversation away from what they know is a losing argument for them.

Of course there are more Rey’s in your top 10. As I’ve pointed out to you multiple times, way more people went for Rey initially which is why there are more Rey’s than SLKRs right now.

That’s literally why CG is doing what they’re doing right now - to get more people to spend to get SLKR.

But in true #BuffRey opponent fashion, you just ignore facts, divert attention elsewhere, and make baseless counter arguments.

You’re a SLKR owner which makes it easy for you to take the position you’re taking.

So I’ve said it once and I’ll say it again:
    Rey owners who don’t think they’ve been duped are simps. Plain and SIMPle.
  • Nitrogen
    119 posts Member
    @Nitrogen I was experimenting last night in arena. I had some success with a few non-Jedi comps, but I don't have enough attempts left to say for sure whether they're reliable. This is the only one I tried that doesn't require a G13 Wat (that is, you'll get 2 tech pieces off before Kylo's AOE kills a G11 Wat).

GLR
    Wat
    Han
    Chewie

Medpac on GLR
    Use ult.
    Use ult.

Interesting I will try this. My L3 is R7, so it might very tough for me to get her to the point were Chewy can guard her, but I'll get it a shot. (Also my Wat is still only 6*, so I usually only get one tech piece out)
  • AlexanderG
    1928 posts Member

Perfect example of #BuffRey opponents shifting the conversation away from what they know is a losing argument for them.

Of course there are more Rey’s in your top 10. As I’ve pointed out to you multiple times, way more people went for Rey initially which is why there are more Rey’s than SLKRs right now.

That’s literally why CG is doing what they’re doing right now - to get more people to spend to get SLKR.

But in true #BuffRey opponent fashion, you just ignore facts, divert attention elsewhere, and make baseless counter arguments.

You’re a SLKR owner which makes it easy for you to take the position you’re taking.

A) stop being rude
    B) Stop shifting the argument. Multiple people have posted that Rey is crap. I see her totally dominating my arena shard. Ergo, she's not crap. I don't care that there are more of her than Kylo. It doesn't alter that many Rey users are still bringing in 500 crystals a day, every day. Kylo doesn't change that.
  • AlexanderG
    1928 posts Member
    Should have been B not smiley emoji but heck that's fun too.
  • Rafini
    299 posts Member

A) stop being rude
    B) Stop shifting the argument. Multiple people have posted that Rey is crap. I see her totally dominating my arena shard. Ergo, she's not crap. I don't care that there are more of her than Kylo. It doesn't alter that many Rey users are still bringing in 500 crystals a day, every day. Kylo doesn't change that.

those people could bring in 500 a day because of cheese to beat kylo. without that it won’t be the same. that’s the truth. just watch
  • Slaveen wrote: »

Is this the new internet catchphrase for people who cannot formulate an argument or do their own research?

The facts are there are more Reys taking 1st and top 10, and there is a higher percentage of Rey owners taking 1st and top 10 vs Kylo owners. Both of those numbers tell me that Rey owners are not being duped at all, they got a dominant arena meta character who also happens to be great in the hardest end game content.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • str2019
    64 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    By the way, there is not even an Assault Battle where you could get monthly profits from your "investment" in Resistance. Unlike with Kylo, of course.

Ha ha ha.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Rafini wrote: »

A) stop being rude

those people could bring in 500 a day because of cheese to beat kylo. without that it won’t be the same. that’s the truth. just watch

It might be, but those people could just git gud and still get their 500 without the cheese.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • On my shard - most people have both (at least in the top 10) - and they never bother with rey anymore. I think that's quite telling.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Rafini wrote: »

A) stop being rude

It might be, but those people could just git gud and still get their 500 without the cheese.

But can you tell me if they do it with a full resistance team? Because you HAVE to use full res Rey in arena!
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Slaveen
    481 posts Member
    Just to add fuel to the dumpster fire:

The only Rey can kill SLKR is with her ultimate. WW can’t even kill him because he regains too much HP and prot between subsequent WWs... and yet SLKR can kill Rey with his basic, specials, and ultimate....
  • AlexanderG
    1928 posts Member
    Just to add fuel to the dumpster fire:

The only Rey can kill SLKR is with her ultimate. WW can’t even kill him because he regains too much HP and prot between subsequent WWs... and yet SLKR can kill Rey with his basic, specials, and ultimate....

And yet Rey dominates the arena. A point you repeatedly ignore.
  • Juldi
    60 posts Member
    She dominates nothing, your shard must be a weak one

• Devian
    669 posts Member
    edited July 2020

Check meta report. Even though first month ppl unlocked Rey massively and invested in her coz she was arena-viable, and comparison in unlocking Kylo was 4:1 - 3:1, now it's nearly 1:1. And Kylo is better in every aspect of the game so with how things are in another month it's gonna be 1:1,5 - 1:2 (count how many ppl have Rey and can't switch and how many invested in her already and still unlocking her). So if they would be at least equal, or dominant in different areas of the game it would still be 3:1 - 2:1.
    And yes you can say 500 crystals, but many refresh for 50/100 + rage-refresh just coz it's hillarious
    so in reality it's 450 at best(coz both: mirror matches are TRASH, horrible TRASH and vsKylo without a strong consistent team to conter is even more trash)
  • Devian wrote: »

Check meta report. Even though first month ppl unlocked Rey massively and invested in her coz she was arena-viable, and comparison in unlocking Kylo was 4:1 - 3:1, now it's nearly 1:1. And Kylo is better in every aspect of the game so with how things are in another month it's gonna be 1:1,5 - 1:2 (count how many ppl have Rey and can't switch and how many invested in her already and still unlocking her). So if they would be at least equal, or dominant in different areas of the game it would still be 3:1 - 2:1.

People have said this same thing with every kylo buff, yet rey is still holding the same relative arena dominance in the meta report as when the last counter nerf happened. My suggestion to you is to take your own advice and actually look at the meta report
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Ronius
    12 posts Member
    With Kylo beating Rey at every part of the game CG decided to take down the only way Rey could beat kylo without Wat. Instead of making Rey relevant CG decided to make her even worse. Great job!
  • AlexanderG
    1928 posts Member
    Juldi wrote: »
    She dominates nothing, your shard must be a weak one

Yes of course. It's the classic "weak shard" argument when the facts don't fit your point of view.

There are Kylos at R7 too in my crappy shard. So how does that work then?
  • Juldi
    60 posts Member
    There are kylo R7 does mean nothing if they are poorly modded.
  • Juldi wrote: »

Try checking the meta report. Rey is still doing just as fine as a month ago
  • Juldi
    60 posts Member
    How many Rey unlocked vs kylo? Meta report just reflect that
  • Juldi wrote: »
    How many Rey unlocked vs kylo? Meta report just reflect that

a higher percentage of Rey owners finish top 10 than Kylo owners, so number of unlocks doesn't matter. She is relatively more popular among her owners.
  • Juldi
    60 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    so number of unlocks doesn't matter.
    Wrong
  • AlexanderG
    1928 posts Member

Because it makes obvious sense that Rey owners know how to mod properly but none of the Kylo ones do.

K.