When do we have GL Rey buffed too?

Replies

• Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    RAYRAY wrote: »
    Perhaps a bit tongue in cheek here but I wonder what would happen if we were to flood Disney with complaints that Kylo is considerably stronger than Rey in all game modes and Rey is being ignored and marginalized.

Kathy Kennedy is out, so we're probably back to a male dominated meta. ;)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Perhaps a bit tongue in cheek here but I wonder what would happen if we were to flood Disney with complaints that Kylo is considerably stronger than Rey in all game modes and Rey is being ignored and marginalized.

Kathy Kennedy is out

Gotta a better source than internet rumors?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

Kathy Kennedy is out

See, the winky face (or the gif from a comedy movie, as another example) typically means it's a joke. Apologies for any confusion or offense taken.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member

Kathy Kennedy is out

See, the winky face (or the gif from a comedy movie, as another example) typically means it's a joke. Apologies for any confusion or offense taken.

Thought that referred to the "male dominated meta" part, shrug.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    edited July 2020

Kathy Kennedy is out

Thought that referred to the "male dominated meta" part, shrug.

Haha, me too actually. But that is because I had heard the same rumors. Not that she was out specifically but her creative control is being greatly deminished with bringing Kevin Feige over to star wars. Having Favreau run the Mandalorian is proving to be a good move. He really contributed to the Marvel franchise too with Iron Man. If the star wars franchise begins producting more akin to Marvel, I think that will be good ulitmately.

Back on topic, I think Rey is fine. I beat fairly good (Dec. 2015 shard) Ulitimate Kylos with a 60-70% win rate using NON- Ultimate Rey but it does suck that I have to break up so many other previous Meta teams. So for me, I am strictly happy with it in Arena because I imagine my win rate will go up when I get her ultimate next week. But for virtually every other place in the game, I am underwhelmed. I think the solution is improving the resistance characters. Give BB8 some synergy with the Hero bros, make Chewy a bad **** tank or C3PO become useful. So many cool things they could do.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Obiwan_venoso
    5 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    When they decided to buff SLKR again, Rey become The galatic joke. Why do We have to gp for her?
    Kylo solo Sith raid, beats everyone, receives weekly buffs....
    And Rey?
    She’s become some garbage, even Vader r7 with imperial g12 beats.
    Two months to get Rey and she is useless in pve.
    CG should buff her or start to nerf their beloved one.
  • Ronius
    12 posts Member
    Rey was worse than Kylo in every single part of the game except light side TB (obviously Kylo can’t join). Now the only way Rey could beat Kylo (while destroying the gas team) was taken away. All the investment in time and crystals is gone.
    For weeks it was obvious Kylo dominated the raids. In Grand Arena the Kylo team didn’t need to destroy other teams. Arena was the only bright side for Rey. And that was shared with kylo.
    Instead of helping Rey, GC made vader teams able to beat Rey.
    Did GC correct this? No. They decided to destroy the only team that enabled Rey to beat kylo.
    Rey is worthless.
  • Ronius
    12 posts Member
    JediFrost wrote: »
    Yeah, the moral of the story is Rey is a waste of your time, unless you already have Kylo, and if you have neither, kylo is the clear choice. I have Rey and don’t have Kylo, and she’s hot garbage, comparatively, and I most certainly regret my choice of going for her but the damage is done, I’m a sucker for going in hot and heavy before there was any footage of how the two play. To be fair though, the boost to kylos kit after the fact was a bit of a slap in the face but what can you do, absolutely nothing, except for embrace that Rey is a hot mess 😁

Or choose the Marvell game.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    And Rey?
    She’s become some garbage, even Vader r7 with imperial g12 beats.

Have you used this to beat her?

My GAC opp just lost because they failed with Vader.
  • Ronius
    12 posts Member
    Tezza23 wrote: »
    bedc29j95vaf.png

How do you beat this squad ? And you want her to have a buff? She has so many Legendary allies to chose from to make a team that it is totally different from the last , whereas kylo is stuck with FO.

Biggest nonsense ever. Kylo is better in raids. Kylo wins in arena. And kylo doesn’t need to use the best chars of 2-3 teams to win.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Ronius wrote: »
    bedc29j95vaf.png

How do you beat this squad ? And you want her to have a buff? She has so many Legendary allies to chose from to make a team that it is totally different from the last , whereas kylo is stuck with FO.

Biggest nonsense ever. Kylo is better in raids. Kylo wins in arena. And kylo doesn’t need to use the best chars of 2-3 teams to win.

This. Also, you can’t use that Rey team in GA or TW, two PvP hotspots, because you waste so many other teams that need those leaders.
  • vincentlondon
    4527 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    bedc29j95vaf.png

This squad is called power rangers squad and is pretty horrible to beat

l5wleb1wpuqa.jpeg

=

pxqeyym55b1l.jpeg

• TVF
    36524 posts Member
    Nihion wrote: »
    bedc29j95vaf.png

This. Also, you can’t use that Rey team in GA or TW, two PvP hotspots, because you waste so many other teams that need those leaders.

I won two in a row tonight against ult Kylos in the top 5 with full Res. Shrug.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    bedc29j95vaf.png

Exactly. No need for “super light side” team.
  • Starslayer
    2413 posts Member

I'm still on the quest to beat consistently GL FO with GL Res. I have some success, but too much defeats to be able to count on it (so far). So if you have any input (comp/mods), I'll appreciate it !

• Daishi
    718 posts Member
    bedc29j95vaf.png

Pics or it didn't happen
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    Daishi wrote: »
    bedc29j95vaf.png

Pics or it didn't happen

Doesn't matter to me if you believe it or not.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    bedc29j95vaf.png

Pics or it didn't happen

I do find it ironic that when other people on the forums make claims, you demand proof/links/vids, but when you make claims that you are asked to back up, that's your response.

• Slaveen
    481 posts Member
    bedc29j95vaf.png

Pics or it didn't happen

I do find it ironic that when other people on the forums make claims, you demand proof/links/vids, but when you make claims that you are asked to back up, that's your response.

Company men just do company work.
  • prime311
    52 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    If you’re having trouble beating slkr I can suggest 3 lineups

Gas Rey chewie fives malak - put lifeblood on gas, Chewbacca must guard gas

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qRkNmux7wk - this is helpful for Rey with Ultimate lineups

Rey, GS, Rex, echo and 5s - Rey has to go before slkr for this to work

My experience: I climb to one from 20+ through kylos and Rey’s every day
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    bedc29j95vaf.png

Pics or it didn't happen

I'm not the only one who has posted about it.

I want proof because there are so many other people here who claim wild things and then it falls apart immediately (see the people in the SLKR AI thread claiming Kylo won't stun GAS now). I know what I did worked so there's no need for me to see proof. I don't care what you or other people that attack me think of my claims, since I know they're true.

Sure it's ironic, but that doesn't bother me. Because other people's claims fall apart under scrutiny, and I know mine doesn't.

FWIW I lost the third try. I'm not claiming it's consistent. Just that it's possible and it might be usable in GAC. Heck, even if you only kill the other four you can still clean up a solo Kylo. That might cost you the match, but it might not.
  • Daishi
    718 posts Member
    What team/mods did you use against what kylo comps?
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    bedc29j95vaf.png

Pics or it didn't happen

I'm not the only one who has posted about it.

I want proof because there are so many other people here who claim wild things and then it falls apart immediately (see the people in the SLKR AI thread claiming Kylo won't stun GAS now). I know what I did worked so there's no need for me to see proof. I don't care what you or other people that attack me think of my claims, since I know they're true.

Sure it's ironic, but that doesn't bother me. Because other people's claims fall apart under scrutiny, and I know mine doesn't.

FWIW I lost the third try. I'm not claiming it's consistent. Just that it's possible and it might be usable in GAC. Heck, even if you only kill the other four you can still clean up a solo Kylo. That might cost you the match, but it might not.

You wouldnt happen to have a video of you beating Ult SLKR with full RES Rey team would you? I would love to see it...seriously. I cant seem to beat SLKR since the fix.
  • Undersized GAS team can still beat ultimate SLKR. Clearly, SLKR will get another buff, immune to damage by all LS characters.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Starslayer wrote: »

I'm still on the quest to beat consistently GL FO with GL Res. I have some success, but too much defeats to be able to count on it (so far). So if you have any input (comp/mods), I'll appreciate it !

I don’t have Rey or Kylo yet, I’m just saying that it’s not smart to put all your leaders in a power ranger team for GAC or TW. I honestly don’t know why TVF responded to my post, I’m not talking about the actual scenario where you pit GL res vs GL FO, for which I have no advice for you, unfortunately. TVF might have just been flexing.
  • Does anyone know how to beat the SLKR with the Rey team now without the ultimate ability?
  • Honestly I don't mind kylo being OP. I don't have him. I went for Rey.

But.... Please can we at least make Rey beat kylo with a full resistance team?

I can beat kylo even post fix, but I have to use, Rey, gas, jkr, hyoda and GK to do it. That breaks 3 teams. For arena that's fine but for anything else it's just rubbish.

Kylo needs to be powerful, but Rey also needs to be able to hold her own against him.

Just balance it. That's all we need.

Rey has so many counters already, she needs a little bit of tweaking to at least make kylo and Rey balanced / equal.
  • Well if you listen to Kylo users, you can win easily with Rey, no balance problem.

If you listen to TVF, you just need to use Full Resistance team

If you listen a real Rey user, i will tell you to get the ultimate asap and you will still have trouble. You can win using a good timing with Padme lead, Rey, Revan, Gas and Gk