MALAK lightside event is ridiculous

I have 6 armor shreds on him, but yet he just owns my butt. If you don't have the right speed mods you arejust s.o.l.
JUST DUMB....

Replies

• Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    so you're saying it's difficult and not fun? I agree
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Kelarn
    161 posts Member
    Only Zalbaar and Jolee need speed. Everyone else should be modded for offense. With relics now the event should be easier than ever.
  • Damodamo
    1574 posts Member
    @Kelarn is correct, post your gg link and we can give you some pointers..

Or, watch ahnaulds video on how to complete it, it’s surprisingly quite accurate..
  • BenQuadinaros
    67 posts Member
    edited April 2020
    ^^^yep. It’s not about speed. Offense is de way. I was modding for speed and getting nowhere. Ahnold’s strategy for offense is actually really solid. Beat it first try once I gave in and destroyed my rosters offense modding for the event.
  • I actually followed ahnalds advice to keep zaalbar fastest, followed by jolee for quicker heals, then revan(his direct focus will divert you back to droids when malak does his taunt), then bastilla, and lastly mission. they can all call mission to assist and just load mission with as much offense as humanly possible. Do this and you'll be fine. I also made JKR super strong to but he's my squad arena team anyway.
  • BenQuadinaros
    67 posts Member
    edited April 2020
    Your modding is all wrong. Zaalbar needs at least over 200 speed to get enough armor shreds before going all in on Malak. Mission shouldn’t have any bonus crit chance or damage, just flat offense. The other 3 aren’t too bad but if you can, jolee should have a speed set and bastila should have an offense set. Then I bet for strategy you’re trying to keep Malak from absorbing any of the Jedi. You should let him absorb the two on the right cause then he can’t apply fear anymore. One of them is crit immunity, which is why flat offense is so important.
  • Kelarn wrote: »
    Only Zalbaar and Jolee need speed. Everyone else should be modded for offense. With relics now the event should be easier than ever.

You would think that. I have JKR at relic 3 and bastilla at relic 2.
    Here is my roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/637672322/characters/

I have been struggling for days with LS. Still need to get canderous built up for DS.
  • rickertron
    324 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    You do not need a fast Z. My z was G10 and speed 193 . The key to the battle is to not attack Malak until you are ready. there was a video posted in this thread or another one that really shows the key to the fight which is when and how you attack Malak. Do not use AOE at all, bot kills are priority, when there are no bots kill tubes, only attack malak to put shreds on, Once malak has 4 - 6 shreds and you have eliminated all the tubes go all in on malak. I think the biggest realization for me, was the fight is not fast, it is long and tedious as you keep eliminating stacks (killing bots) and apply shreds. When i first went into the battle and failed, it was because i thought it was about nuking the tubes as quickly as possible and only hitting robots once or twice. I found once i had the strategy down, Malak really does no damage to anyone as long as you do not attack him until you are ready. You could really go forever without dying if you don't attack him.

Mods are not ultra important either, at least that is what i found. i completed with a bunch of blues and purples. Better mods would help but not necessary.
  • I too am having a hard time with the LS Malak event. Here is my proflie. Please tell me where I need to change.

https://swgoh.gg/p/188421721/characters/
  • Note: I am in the process of re-modding Mission that would be why her mod setup looks wierd.
  • Hortus
    615 posts Member
    Well, it's look good except for Mission mods (should be modded for max offense but with this gear level I doubt it matters much). If you have troubles then probably your tactics is wrong so we need more information on what are you doing in combat and where it fails.
  • Whenever I do the event, I have Ahnald's video open so I can copy what he does to the best of my ability.

The first thing I do is I try and knock out a droid. I think my issue is misapplying JKR's marked and the lightsaber throw. I know Malak taunts within the first or second turn and I think that is where my hangup is. He taunts and I have misused "marked" by not using it when he taunts. I think as soon as marked is off cooldown, I should mark a droid to avoid his taunt. Also, for some reason Big Z does not always apply an armor shred on Malak when that ability is off cooldown. By the time I've applied 3 shreds, I'm either at or very near the phase where I need to burn him. If the tanks are done, the droids take I think two turns to re-appear. That is when things start to go downhill for me, even though I try and stall the fight as long as possible to get Malak's rage down.If I do manage to get 4 shreds on Malak, he does that hover thing where I get him to the 40% health range and drains the health out of my toons to get back into 50% range and its a seesaw wherein I lose.
    So part of my problem in the past has been my misuse of using "marked" and the "lightsaber throw" to pass TM to Bastila.
    I'm using Jolee correctly by giving Big Z the "eh, you do it" and healing Big Z when those abilities are off cd.
    Also, is there anything I need to do with Big Z's stats so that he can apply armor shred every time (aside from getting him to g13 and relic status)?
    I have not tried the event in over two months. Last time I tried it, I had all the wrong mods on everyone. I have taken these last two months to get the whole team re-modded, and geared up.
  • Also, Mission's "blind" does not always apply a de-buff on Malak to allow Big Z's shred to hit.
  • Also, Mission's "blind" does not always apply a de-buff on Malak to allow Big Z's shred to hit.

I didn't think that a debuff would affect Big Z's armor shred.
  • ImaSmakya
    1068 posts Member
    AM2Rainman wrote: »
    Also, Mission's "blind" does not always apply a de-buff on Malak to allow Big Z's shred to hit.

It shouldn't. Pretty sure blind is only an offensive debuff that would cause Malak to miss his next attack. Odd given the name of the debuff, but I don't believe it has any impact on his defensive capabilities.
    https://swgoh.gg/p/319514721/
    DISCLAIMER: Post is subject to change.
  • AM2Rainman wrote: »
    Also, Mission's "blind" does not always apply a de-buff on Malak to allow Big Z's shred to hit.

Ok, good to know. I think the issue for me has always been the speed of Big Z and Jolee. Like I said, I'm in the process of getting the mods worked around on Mission and the rest so that they can perform well in the fight.

And look back at it, the other issue has been the Armor shred which does not always apply each time it's up. Is there a work-around for that?
  • ImaSmakya
    1068 posts Member
    AM2Rainman wrote: »

Ok, good to know. I think the issue for me has always been the speed of Big Z and Jolee. Like I said, I'm in the process of getting the mods worked around on Mission and the rest so that they can perform well in the fight.

And look back at it, the other issue has been the Armor shred which does not always apply each time it's up. Is there a work-around for that?

Keep in mind that armor shred only applies on a crit so high crit chance on Z is the best way to ensure armor shred is going to apply.

Also note that as long as the droids are up you don't have to crit Malak, you just have to make sure he is the targeted enemy. Power Blast is an aoe that will hit Malak and any droid standing so as long as it crits one of the droids, armor shred will apply to Malak, regardless of whether he has crit immunity or not.
    https://swgoh.gg/p/319514721/
    DISCLAIMER: Post is subject to change.
  • Ok. I sure do appreciate y'all's help. I should be able to do another attempt once I'm done re-modding those toons.
  • As @ImaSmakya said, about the aoe, so one thing to do is kill that victim of his that makes it so he can't be crit, then when you do crit on Zaal's special you don't get fear but this requires at least one droid present. So be mindfull of how you're doing this. This cause me to misplay a couple time myself.
  • Hello There !
    I won in mode Starforge Showdown by Lightside , so Rewards 85 shards Dark Malak and Right now, Im going on by Darkside Path , that’s enough shard for open Him ? Thanks for Helping.