Can't push beyond rank 500, help me find a squad

Hello all, https://swgoh.gg/p/916918123/

I'm struggling to push beyond rank 500 in squad arena, all my oponents have full relic teams making my BH look like a joke. As you can in see I only have one single relic toon. Where should I focus my gear on?

I'm also still focusing all my mats on toons to finish the farmable event toons, going for darth raven now. I'm hitting 2 million GP yet I see some guild members with half my GP doing better in arena than me.

Replies

• Hortus
    621 posts Member
    The fastest path is to gear up JKR team (honestly I can't understand why you have G12+3 3-Zeta Revan but didn't bother with gearing GMY and GK).

Even now JKR-Bastila-Jolee-Ezra-Old Ben team must be way better than your BH (maybe substitute Thrawn instead of Old Ben, at least for offense). Classic JKR-Bastila-Jolee-GMY-GK will get you even higher.
  • Hortus wrote: »
    The fastest path is to gear up JKR team (honestly I can't understand why you have G12+3 3-Zeta Revan but didn't bother with gearing GMY and GK).

Even now JKR-Bastila-Jolee-Ezra-Old Ben team must be way better than your BH (maybe substitute Thrawn instead of Old Ben, at least for offense). Classic JKR-Bastila-Jolee-GMY-GK will get you even higher.

Yeah getting GK to gear 9 takes 2 stun guns it's insane. Also I have hermit yoda, which yoda should I gear up?
  • Blaz1ken wrote: »
    Hortus wrote: »

Yeah getting GK to gear 9 takes 2 stun guns it's insane. Also I have hermit yoda, which yoda should I gear up?

Personally, I don't like to run Hoda but if you do, you should replace GK with Hoda. JKR is the leader put Jolee in the second slot and and GMY in the last. This helps with mass assists and big AOE attacks against you. Like I said, I don't like running Hoda, so I have GK in the third and Bastilla in the 4th because with GMY in the 5th and GK in the 4th, giving GMY Bastilla's Rally since can be problematic since he's short and hides behind GK kinda and you don't want to waste it on GK. If you run Hoda, I'd put him in 5th and GMY in 4th. Yes the stun guns are insane but totally worth it. Getting GK and Jolee to relic, makes this team really challenging to take down without a stronger team.
  • Hortus
    621 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    Blaz1ken wrote: »
    Hortus wrote: »

Well, it's your choice where to put gear. You may gear up five useless toons or one GK. Anyway, GK can wait a little (you can replace him with Ezra or Hoda for offense and Old Ben or Barriss for defense for a while) but at least gear up GMY asap.

For Yodas, GMY should be first priority and hoda - second, but ideally you want both. GMY should be pushed up to relics, Hoda usually do it's job even at gear level 10 or so.