Lvl 74 but completely lost. Pls Help

DeejayWindu
3 posts Member
edited July 2020
I grind every day, but I finally started to realize I have no idea what I'm doing. Advice on squads or anything would help. Thanks!

https://swgoh.gg/p/399846255/
Post edited by DeejayWindu on

Replies

• Hello, I would start by unlocking Thral and Emperor Palpatin, I still use those teams today and it's easy to farm and do the event. Phoenix will help you trough everything in the game at the begining.So farm rebels and phoenix. Should be a decent start
  • I agree with @Blaz1ken

You already have a solid jedi team so you should farm phoenix to get a better dark side team because phoenix can unlock thrawn and palp. Farm everyone in Phoenix to 7 stars except Sabine because she is more difficult to farm than the other Phoenix members. You should still unlock Sabine and level her up to maybe 4 or 5 stars for her ship but nothing else.
  • I grind every day, but I finally started to realize I have no idea what I'm doing. Advice on squads or anything would help. Thanks!

https://swgoh.gg/p/399846255/

You have a great base of jedi going on right now with JKA, Bastilla, GMY, Ahsoka and Ezra. Get those all to 7* and you have a pretty decent team. Give Ahsoka, Bastilla and GMY (not his leadership). Use Bastilla's lead. Phoenix is a decent team at this point in the game for you so farming them is solid advice too. Don't use Sabine but she's worth farming to 5* for her ship.

You NEED to start getting some scoundrels too. Boba is a solid character and is an easy farm from Cantina Battle Store and Fleet store. CW Chewy is this months character so that helps but don't go off farming him. Greedo and Dengar are realatively easy farms too from the stores. You need scoundrels for the credit heist which is pretty critical at your stage in the game.

You have KRU and his Tie Silencer so that's a solid start in ships. JKA and Ahsoka's ships are good too. Once you have a solid arena team, I'd start honing in a DS and LS fleet team, at least to be able to complete the challenges. The one with Tarkin/Executrix yields zeta mats which is critical. If you start getting those early, you'll have a leg up on you competition. For another DS ship, Vader and his the Tie Advanced. Vader is also a solid character with his new ability.

You have the start of a really decent DS team as well with Vader, BSR, Dooku, Sidious and Maul but I would focus on your light side first as it's farther along.

Use your crystals for extra energy for LS/DS and cantina battles. I do as many refreshes on those as I bring in. It's the best use of your crystals, especially this point in the game. DON'T BUY CHARACTER PACKS FROM THE STORE WITH CRYSTALS! This is a waste. I figured that one out too late.

My order for you at this point, Jedi, then Scoundrels (enough to do the credit heist), Phoenix, then Sith (use Palps lead when you get him)
  • Thank you all for the advice. I was pretty stuck and just grinding random characters (the past two weeks I've been grinding clones, which none of you said to do) so I now I know where to go. Thanks a lot !!
  • phoenix team is really op even at low levels. your current squad is fine, but try to use at least half of your time farming the phoenix team. also, get zeb as high as you can, you only need sabine for the ship.
    no longer a f2p since i bought the hyperdrive bundle
  • First of all replace Lumi with Ahsoka for arena. It'll make your team doubly as annoying. Trust me, you won't regret it.
    Consider JKR. He's the ultimate jedi lead. You'll need Bastila, Jolee, T3-M4, Mission, and Zaalbar. He's the one that gets your Jedi to meta level. For Phoenix they're only good for getting Thrawn. Otherwise they're absolutely useless. Any half-decent team in mid game can beat Phoenix without losing a toon.
  • Thank you all for the advice. I was pretty stuck and just grinding random characters (the past two weeks I've been grinding clones, which none of you said to do) so I now I know where to go. Thanks a lot !!

Clones aren't bad. 501st under gas are the 3rd or 4th best team in the game. And under shaak ti they are still good.

But the req are high for gas.

The first step is to get padme. Geos are the best team for that but sep droids with gg can also do it. Most of the sep droids are also needed for gas so that path is good. But geos are also good for ships and a good team on e you have brood alpha. So that path is ok too. It just depends on your preference. Geos would probably give you more short term gain but is a longer path to gas overall. but you need geos for ds geo tb eventually anyway so it isn't a waste. And geos is the easier farm for padme.

But either choice is ok.

It is also ok to do Phoenix to get ep and thrawn first too. Then use them to get r2 and then get cls and eventually jedi Luke.

Or you can try fo and get the toons for sl kylo but that's a long road. You can also do the same with Rey.

There is no right answer but I would suggest picking one of the end game characters and begin working on getting to them first. Most have many legendary characters that make up good teams along the way so you could focus on those first if the long term focus is too overwhelming.

It is also ok to farm characters that aren't requirements for your goal if they serve a purpose. For example there are events that require different factions or sometimes one toon makes a team better. For example the new chewpio appears to make a cls team much better. If you are going for jedi luke eventually, farming that to have a better cls team in the meantime wouldn't be a bad thing.

• To me, the reason why Phoenix is still the best starter team is the legendary characters that they unlock are all older & require lower gear.

Seps are a great faction w/ 2 full teams & several filler characters & good leaders all over.

But Padme is L85 & loads of gear to complete.

I got Palpatine & Yoda at like L60-70 last year & had Thrawn at 82 a month later.

The XP just to go from 80 to 85 is about a month of grinding.

Seps are to me a great 3/4 Darkside team. Start w/ Bounty Hunters (Partial Team) to do Credit Heists & get the easy ones for Mil Falcon / Chewbacca farmed up early. (Boba, Cad, & IG) + 2 other Scoundrels. Eventually Bossk & Dengar for Falcon/Chewie.

Fill out your Empire team next w/ Vader, Tarkin, Palpatine, & Thrawn.

Then look into that 3rd team. First Order, Sep-Geo, Sep-Droids, or Nightsisters is normally 3-7 with Sith Empire finally as 8th team.
    This is all based on efficiency of farming them.
    Certain key characters are in some of the hardest last nodes in the game to unlock so you don't end up with a really effective team till you get those final characters.

For example. Zombie, Talzin, Bossk, Grievous, & B1 off the top of my head are some of the last characters you get access too in the game.

Using Kylo-U early as a tank for your Empire or BH squads is a great way to fill a slot temporarily while getting access to his ship early. IG-100 is also useful in that roll before you get access to Sun Fac & Brood Alpha.

Early LS w/ Phoenix is a natural flow to getting those Empire characters as well as unlocking Yoda.
    Meanwhile Old Ben helps w/ Yoda too & also pushes for Luke while ST-Han used for Luke is helpful for that Credit Heists mission w/ the 3 BH & CW-Chewie early.

My early Legends went something like this.

Apr-19 = Start
    May-19 = Emperor-5*, GM.Yoda-6*
    June-19 = Thrawn-7*
    July-19 = BB-8-7*, R2-6*
    Aug/Sep = Emp-7*, Yoda-7*
    Oct-19 = JK.Revan-7*, R2-7*, Luke-7*, Chewie-6*
    Dec-19 = D.Revan-7*
    Jan-19 = Padme-7*, Chewie-7*
    Apri-19 = Rey.JT-7*, C3PO-6*

You only need Gear 6-7 for the 1st 2 & gear 8-9 for the rest till you get to Chewie/C3PO/Padme/Revan's
  • To me, the reason why Phoenix is still the best starter team is the legendary characters that they unlock are all older & require lower gear.

Seps are a great faction w/ 2 full teams & several filler characters & good leaders all over.

I got Palpatine & Yoda at like L60-70 last year & had Thrawn at 82 a month later.

The XP just to go from 80 to 85 is about a month of grinding.

Seps are to me a great 3/4 Darkside team. Start w/ Bounty Hunters (Partial Team) to do Credit Heists & get the easy ones for Mil Falcon / Chewbacca farmed up early. (Boba, Cad, & IG) + 2 other Scoundrels. Eventually Bossk & Dengar for Falcon/Chewie.

Then look into that 3rd team. First Order, Sep-Geo, Sep-Droids, or Nightsisters is normally 3-7 with Sith Empire finally as 8th team.
    Certain key characters are in some of the hardest last nodes in the game to unlock so you don't end up with a really effective team till you get those final characters.

For example. Zombie, Talzin, Bossk, Grievous, & B1 off the top of my head are some of the last characters you get access too in the game.

Using Kylo-U early as a tank for your Empire or BH squads is a great way to fill a slot temporarily while getting access to his ship early. IG-100 is also useful in that roll before you get access to Sun Fac & Brood Alpha.

Early LS w/ Phoenix is a natural flow to getting those Empire characters as well as unlocking Yoda.
    Meanwhile Old Ben helps w/ Yoda too & also pushes for Luke while ST-Han used for Luke is helpful for that Credit Heists mission w/ the 3 BH & CW-Chewie early.

Apr-19 = Start
    June-19 = Thrawn-7*
    July-19 = BB-8-7*, R2-6*
    Dec-19 = D.Revan-7*

You only need Gear 6-7 for the 1st 2 & gear 8-9 for the rest till you get to Chewie/C3PO/Padme/Revan's

I agree with you for the most part. I was just explaining to the OP that you have different options.

On my alt started a few weeks ago, I'm grinding Phoenix first while using hard nodes for other good characters that will be needed later.

I considered doing geos first but you really need brood alpha to make the team work and early his node is level locked for quite awhile.

Though I may still do a 5 star thrawn and ep then farm geos and go back for the 7th star later. Depends on how I'm doing in the arenas at that time.

I like to keep things fluid.

The XP just to go from 80 to 85 is about a month of grindZing.

Apr-19 = Start
    June-19 = Thrawn-7*
    July-19 = BB-8-7*, R2-6*
    Dec-19 = D.Revan-7*

Thanks! That was a ton of information but. And very helpful. I am currently grinding Phoenix, and seps. Wish I had known what to do when I first started playing haha