Kit Reveal: Threepio & Chewie

Replies

• Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Hard to get excited for something I'll likely never get. Rounding out my Rebel team and/or getting a second one would be nice, but considering how scarce the resources are and how long it takes to farm shards, it's simply not a priority. Seriously, the stores need to be revived and lower gear needs to be more accessible. Hope that the new game mode brings at least some improvement.
  • KKatarn
    629 posts Member
    First Vader and now Chewie & C3PO.

Makes me wonder if they will also rework Lando and Leia to make a team there. :)
  • DubbQ
    92 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    So ChewPO with Cara Dune, Cholo and pathfinder for the revives + a rebel damage dealer? Maybe Sabine/leia/Rolo? This will be a full team from unsused toons that sounds decent on defense
  • It's look like, a new fresh idea!
    hold up.. wait a minute...
    nrkb4f2ikr1b.png
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    New idea? Are you claiming that this character is somehow a ripoff of another character that came later?

Futureman agrees.
  • mesa176750 wrote: »
    Anyone else notice the "Wookie" tag?

What Wookie tag? It's not on the image... I guess they just changed it?
  • Great, another character who has zero synergy with JKL. At least we have his tie ins with other Jedi he ran around with, like Revan and Rey 👍🏻

What are you talking about lol, the unique specifically references Rebels as the required leader and Rebel revives as the kind that benefit them, these guys will work with CLS, captain Han solo, rouge one stuff and other rebel teams
  • CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    WOOKIE TAG!!! WOOKIE TAG!!!

Sorry to get your hopes up, the Wookiee tag is a hidden tag for quests and feats. It should not have been in the original post. I have updated the images and the kit
    Just a quick question... why? Would it really be so much work to make the tag visible and usable for us players, when it's in the game codes already anyway?

Sorry to get your hopes up, the Wookiee tag is a hidden tag for quests and feats. It should not have been in the original post. I have updated the images and the kit

Crumb, a quick question: When is the marquee event going to start/when is the game going to get updated?
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    Nauros wrote: »
    Hard to get excited for something I'll likely never get. Rounding out my Rebel team and/or getting a second one would be nice, but considering how scarce the resources are and how long it takes to farm shards, it's simply not a priority. Seriously, the stores need to be revived and lower gear needs to be more accessible. Hope that the new game mode brings at least some improvement.

Don’t be so down.

He’s marquee so you’ll definitely get him!
  • Calo_Nord wrote: »
    Finally, a chance for lobot lead to shine. 🤣

Although it actually would be pretty cool if lobot got a rework to go along with 3PO and chewie.

But the real question is: what’s this toons acronym?

Newbacca
  • ZKxWraith wrote: »
    Great, another character who has zero synergy with JKL. At least we have his tie ins with other Jedi he ran around with, like Revan and Rey 👍🏻

What are you talking about lol, the unique specifically references Rebels as the required leader and Rebel revives as the kind that benefit them, these guys will work with CLS, captain Han solo, rouge one stuff and other rebel teams

Yep, those are all correct. And how exactly does that kit interact with Jedi Knight Luke? Well aware he works with Rebels, I want characters that interact with Jedi Knight Luke, which is what I referenced in my comment...

Although it actually would be pretty cool if lobot got a rework to go along with 3PO and chewie.

Newbacca

3Bac?
  • Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    Clash2Far wrote: »
    Clash2Far wrote: »
    https://imgur.com/HIzbMDI

I mean I'm cool with there being a Wookiee tag... but no scoundrel tag?

Petition for scoundrel tag!

@CG_SBCrumb I'm sure this was just a simple oversight, right?

Of course not! Jedi Luke is not rebel, GL Rey who “all the Jedi” is not Jedi... WAI
  • Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    That unique is so good

What does it mean by the start of the first encounter?

On wave 2 to wave 4 of PvE events like Raids and LS TB they don’t gain those bonuses anymore?

Anyone else find it coincidental that everytime they make a new release of some kind ultra is the first comment? It’s like she/he is paid by cg to comment something nice. Or maybe it really is purely coincidental that ultra happens to be on forum at the exact time of each release hmmm

they pay me big bucks

I knew it!
  • Why was the wookie tag removed?
  • mpdmonster wrote: »
    Why was the wookie tag removed?

@CG_SBCrumb posted something about how it's only there for the new challenges or something. So, expect there to be a challenge using an all wookie team and hope for other BA wookies in the future, if you're into that sort of thing. I am.

waw52e5eipis.gif
    That's Mr. Oops to you!
  • Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    mpdmonster wrote: »

It makes perfect sense! As I said JLuke is not rebel, GLRey not Jedi, so C3PO with chewie is not Wookiee! It is absolutely logic!
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Vinniarth wrote: »
    mpdmonster wrote: »

It makes perfect sense! As I said JLuke is not rebel, GLRey not Jedi, so C3PO with chewie is not Wookiee! It is absolutely logic!

I think we all got your point the first time.
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Can’t wait Luke and Hoda so that we can eventually have a backpack squad later on
    Luke/Yoda, Threepio/Chewie and Dora. LET'S GO!!
    igwcte30br0m.png
  • The character concept is a bit odd, but it really is a nice mix between Chewbacca and C-3PO’s in terms of abilities. That first special ability sticks out to me, low cooldown with Protection recovery, and advantage for Rebel allies, self debuff removal, mass enemy buff removal, blind to prevent most enemy attacks from landing. While I’m sure this character is more designed for territory battles, and the like, I feel there’s a lot of potential in this character all around.
  • Ultra wrote: »
    That unique is so good

On wave 2 to wave 4 of PvE events like Raids and LS TB they don’t gain those bonuses anymore?

Anyone else find it coincidental that everytime they make a new release of some kind ultra is the first comment? It’s like she/he is paid by cg to comment something nice. Or maybe it really is purely coincidental that ultra happens to be on forum at the exact time of each release hmmm

they pay me big bucks

No whammies!?

3pac.
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    Calo_Nord wrote: »

3pac.

200.gif
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    That unique is so good

they pay me big bucks

No whammies!?

STAWP!
  • LaughedMarrow
    3 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    I can’t wait for him to be FTP farmable. I unlocked him today, and he (lvl 85, gear V + 5) already can crit for 15K under my (lvl 85, 4*, gear VI) wedge’s lead. I look forward to massive damage at a higher level. T&C will be the backbone of my next arena team.
  • Do the stat boosts from the unique persist after Threepio dies?

Most uniques do not, but on the other hand R2D2's stat boosting ability specifically says that it goes away when he dies.