Threepio Already Beating SLKR

Improvements to be made still, but ZoeFett was already able to beat SLKR with a full Rebel Squad: https://youtu.be/-wKMpfFSlJg

Replies

• More buffs to SLKR incoming!
  • More buffs to SLKR incoming!

Not until Threepio goes F2P. It will take them that long to determine how they want to change him.
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    Funny how much effort goes in to getting a GL only for them to be beaten so quickly. Going to make it hard to get people to put in the investment for the next two. I wont be making any more investments.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • LordDirt wrote: »
    Funny how much effort goes in to getting a GL only for them to be beaten so quickly. Going to make it hard to get people to put in the investment for the next two. I wont be making any more investments.

This is just due to lack of testing dont worry cg won't want to upset the goose that lays the golden egg. Either Chew3po will get a nerf, or slkr will get a buff.

I’m not getting them on my new account. I opted to abandon that path. It’s just not worth the resources when I have so many other things I could get.
  • GunnerFCm
    154 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    Or this is the response to Vader demolishing Rey. Now both GL have non-GL counters, and they don't have to buff Rey.
  • Fix will come after marquee packs leave the store.
    #buff SLKR
  • Threepio & chewie should not even be authorized to be in that squad as there is already Chewie and C3P0.
    He cant be there in double
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    At this point they might as well let us use both GLs at the same time.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?

Not really. This game has been like this for as long as I've been playing. GLs were the toughest ones so far but theory crafters found counters relatively quick. You just needed some tough to get toons to do it in the beginning.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    GunnerFCm wrote: »
    Or this is the response to Vader demolishing Rey. Now both GL have non-GL counters, and they don't have to buff Rey.

Strange how all this seems to have been planned out for some time. Or did all this really happen suddenly when JKL was slapped on the Mace rework?
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    So just another reason to not go for Rey lol
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Gamorrean wrote: »

Yeah, being able to beat SLKR with CLS and then having Rey to spare would be totally worthless.
  • Hortus
    615 posts Member
    Improvements to be made still, but ZoeFett was already able to beat SLKR with a full Rebel Squad:

Does it work against double-tank SLKR? Usually not many teams with FOO stays on defense since it needed in only one case - to beat certain GL Reys setups with relatively weak SLKR squads.
  • Hortus wrote: »
    Improvements to be made still, but ZoeFett was already able to beat SLKR with a full Rebel Squad:

Does it work against double-tank SLKR? Usually not many teams with FOO stays on defense since it needed in only one case - to beat certain GL Reys setups with relatively weak SLKR squads.

Against KRU and FOST I assume it would work fine, yes. There was a lot of “wasted” damage against SLKR early in this battle. KRU is a beast against this squad because of the healing on each hit and immune to % damage effects. FOST has neither of those, and would fall very quickly.
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    CCyrilS wrote: »

Yeah, being able to beat SLKR with CLS and then having Rey to spare would be totally worthless.

Rather have SLK to spare than Hybrid Rey
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    But it truly is satisfying to see SLK go down like that. Too bad it’s whales only for the time being
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    I like when people overreact to a single video.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    And GLs being countered is totally fine by me. They will always have an impact, whenever a new character is released
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    I like when people overreact to a single video.
    Isn’t that always part of the discussion?
  • TheMaster12345
    607 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    All that's left is to put Vader against 3P0 and Chewbacca and see which GL counter beats the other.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    CCyrilS wrote: »

Rather have SLK to spare than Hybrid Rey

If you already took out SLKR, what's the difference?