Ahnalds account [MERGE]

Replies

  • ShaggyB wrote: »
    ztoo65l20542.png
    Let it die

    You know you can just ignore the thread and go post in other ones. Nothing is forcing you to read it or click on it.
    Funny that you post that without realising that this is exactly what the CGs are doing with the thread...
  • ShaggyB
    1723 posts Member
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    ztoo65l20542.png
    Let it die

    You know you can just ignore the thread and go post in other ones. Nothing is forcing you to read it or click on it.
    Funny that you post that without realising that this is exactly what the CGs are doing with the thread...

    Thanks for helping bump it up. One day they will realize the highest post count goes to this thread. Then maybe they say something.

    Glad you are willing to help
  • TVF
    25657 posts Member
    edited July 11
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    ztoo65l20542.png
    Let it die

    You know you can just ignore the thread and go post in other ones. Nothing is forcing you to read it or click on it.
    Funny that you post that without realising that this is exactly what the CGs are doing with the thread...

    Thanks for helping bump it up. One day they will realize the highest post count goes to this thread. Then maybe they say something.

    Glad you are willing to help

    Legit lol.

    Oh wait, you're serious.

    How'd that TB thread go?
    The CGDF is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • ShaggyB
    1723 posts Member
    ZAP wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    ztoo65l20542.png
    Let it die

    You know you can just ignore the thread and go post in other ones. Nothing is forcing you to read it or click on it.
    Funny that you post that without realising that this is exactly what the CGs are doing with the thread...

    Thanks for helping bump it up. One day they will realize the highest post count goes to this thread. Then maybe they say something.

    Glad you are willing to help

    Legit lol.

    Oh wait, you're serious.

    How'd that TB thread go?

    That thread is just another example that CG does not care about the community. I’d even say it’s worse than that, they may actually have contempt for the community.

    This thread is a little different. They straight up got caught in horrendous behavior of negotiating with paying cheaters just to keep the money rolling in and have probably made the calculation that admitting it will cause more damage than not making a statement.

    Exactly.i also remember some of the same people asking for it to be closed and not being able to ignore it.

    Lol
  • Until they can actually justify why they're negotiating with cheaters this thread needs to stay open
  • ZAP wrote: »
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    ztoo65l20542.png
    Let it die

    You know you can just ignore the thread and go post in other ones. Nothing is forcing you to read it or click on it.
    Funny that you post that without realising that this is exactly what the CGs are doing with the thread...

    Funny that you post that without realizing the reason CG won’t respond to the cheating negotiations is because they did it in their own self interest and completely against the interest of the legitimate players those cheaters stole rewards from. They are incapable of admitting and addressing it.
    Man you had a night of stalking my posts!

    The community uproar is about one case of Devs negotiating with a cheater. If they ever do respond, their response will almost certainly be “we do not disclose details of individual cases”.
  • CCyrilS
    4902 posts Member
    ZAP wrote: »
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    ztoo65l20542.png
    Let it die

    You know you can just ignore the thread and go post in other ones. Nothing is forcing you to read it or click on it.
    Funny that you post that without realising that this is exactly what the CGs are doing with the thread...

    Funny that you post that without realizing the reason CG won’t respond to the cheating negotiations is because they did it in their own self interest and completely against the interest of the legitimate players those cheaters stole rewards from. They are incapable of admitting and addressing it.
    Man you had a night of stalking my posts!

    The community uproar is about one case of Devs negotiating with a cheater. If they ever do respond, their response will almost certainly be “we do not disclose details of individual cases”.

    Basically, yeah. While I am disappointed with what we saw, I understand the reasons they cannot disclose the details.

    My hope, personally, is that this case somehow allowed them to gain some valuable info that ultimately led to more cheaters being banned and benefitted the community in a way greater than banning the single player would.

    It's like when cops bust a petty drug dealer and let him off easy if they get info on a major supplier. It's not technically right to let a drug dealer go, but most agree it's more beneficial overall.

    Since we have such a small window into what happened it's impossible to ever know.

    Expecting them to tell us what's going on is foolish, and would probably only help the cheaters.
  • ShaggyB
    1723 posts Member
    ZAP wrote: »
    ZAP wrote: »
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    ztoo65l20542.png
    Let it die

    You know you can just ignore the thread and go post in other ones. Nothing is forcing you to read it or click on it.
    Funny that you post that without realising that this is exactly what the CGs are doing with the thread...

    Funny that you post that without realizing the reason CG won’t respond to the cheating negotiations is because they did it in their own self interest and completely against the interest of the legitimate players those cheaters stole rewards from. They are incapable of admitting and addressing it.
    Man you had a night of stalking my posts!

    The community uproar is about one case of Devs negotiating with a cheater. If they ever do respond, their response will almost certainly be “we do not disclose details of individual cases”.

    Responding to a couple of your posts is hardly stalking, don’t flatter yourself.

    There were more cases than the one case that Bulldog and then Ahnald made public.

    Yeah no kidding cubsfanhan had one of the whale guilds talking about 5 of their members who cheated the system to get cheaper crystals.... and because again whales.... they got to not be perma banned.

    Its time to have open dialogue with the community CG
  • ShaggyB
    1723 posts Member
    He may be.... but personally i feel this has highlighted the lack of consistancy and integritty by which CG deals with cheaters.

    They should comment with a going forward statement
  • Its very clear now that the account banned from Ahnaldt101 was done in advance of all Chinese accounts.
    https://www.scmp.com/tech/apps-social/article/3092953/apple-leaves-foreign-developers-scrambling-unlicensed-games

    "US video games giant Electronic Arts released a notice last month that Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes will no longer be available in China."

    “I’m quite unhappy about this. I spent money to buy this game on iOS. Now it suddenly just disappeared from the app store. Now I can’t even download it any more,”

    The lack of communication is almost certainly because p2w chinese whales:
    1) arent spending anymore
    and
    2) are possible applying for refunds.

    Ahnaldt101's account was from most likely based in China. I dont expect the account to ever return and I dont expect and refund consideration due to the TOS technical breaking.

    The cheating issue on the other hand.....should be responded to.
  • Kyno
    26028 posts Moderator
    edited July 14
    Moonside wrote: »
    Its very clear now that the account banned from Ahnaldt101 was done in advance of all Chinese accounts.
    https://www.scmp.com/tech/apps-social/article/3092953/apple-leaves-foreign-developers-scrambling-unlicensed-games

    "US video games giant Electronic Arts released a notice last month that Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes will no longer be available in China."

    “I’m quite unhappy about this. I spent money to buy this game on iOS. Now it suddenly just disappeared from the app store. Now I can’t even download it any more,”

    The lack of communication is almost certainly because p2w chinese whales:
    1) arent spending anymore
    and
    2) are possible applying for refunds.

    Ahnaldt101's account was from most likely based in China. I dont expect the account to ever return and I dont expect and refund consideration due to the TOS technical breaking.

    The cheating issue on the other hand.....should be responded to.

    This was already known. the account he was using was a Chinese account. he reached out to CG when he was no longer allowed to spend (due to the changes made by the Chinese Government) and explained the situation, which is against the ToS (the transferring of accounts) , and they banned his account for that reason.

    Your reasons listed for the lack of communication are not really relevant to communication.
  • Captain's Log Day 36:
    When we look back at the last 36 days of traffic, many good points are made. The account sharing/selling was against ToS. Cool. The negotiating with cheaters has not been addressed.

    If a company is going to pick and choose when to use their ToS, it is scary for everyone who uses BlueStacks or using SWGOH.GG which both are against the ToS.

    However an official response for these situations would help affirm a solution to this thread.

    Captain out.
  • Straegen
    101 posts Member
    Anariodin wrote: »
    If a company is going to pick and choose when to use their ToS, it is scary for everyone who uses BlueStacks or using SWGOH.GG which both are against the ToS.

    SWGOH.GG is not against terms of service. A website the uses a public API and has no direct integration into the app is not considered 3rd party software.

    Bluestacks is somewhat of a gray area not because it is an emulator but because it has built in macro capabilities. That said, Bluestacks I believe is partnered with CG to distribute their game directly.

    I am guessing in the history of SWGoH nobody has been banned for using a popular emulator. The same cannot be said for account transfers prior to Ahnald's previously owned account ban. Most pay-to-play games frown on this since it cuts into their wallet and frequently these accounts are stolen.

  • Kyno wrote: »
    Your reasons listed for the lack of communication are not really relevant to communication.

    With all due respect Kyno....Im a paying client of SWGOH and an EA stock holder. I disagree with your assessment. MY OPINION is that the company valuation is a metric of their ability to offer quality content to the client base and their transparency through communication is what affects my impression of truthfulness. (both as a player and an investor)

    CG has not been communicating well....and it has alot to do with its gaming market.



  • Anariodin wrote: »
    Captain's Log Day 36:
    When we look back at the last 36 days of traffic, many good points are made. The account sharing/selling was against ToS. Cool. The negotiating with cheaters has not been addressed.

    If a company is going to pick and choose when to use their ToS, it is scary for everyone who uses BlueStacks or using SWGOH.GG which both are against the ToS.

    However an official response for these situations would help affirm a solution to this thread.

    Captain out.

    So CG should ban
    Everyone using Bluestacks?
    Because that's implied.
  • ShaggyB
    1723 posts Member
    Anariodin wrote: »
    Captain's Log Day 36:
    When we look back at the last 36 days of traffic, many good points are made. The account sharing/selling was against ToS. Cool. The negotiating with cheaters has not been addressed.

    If a company is going to pick and choose when to use their ToS, it is scary for everyone who uses BlueStacks or using SWGOH.GG which both are against the ToS.

    However an official response for these situations would help affirm a solution to this thread.

    Captain out.

    So CG should ban
    Everyone using Bluestacks?
    Because that's implied.

    No... but they should probably update their tos to include bluestacks
  • And another day goes by. Wishing there was responses on these issues and dead silence for over a month...
  • Still another day goes by without any sort of response
  • Gamorrean
    2673 posts Member
    Dosen’t seem like it’s that important to ahnald anymore since he whaled on 3pac lol

    And remember he didn’t “spend” on JKL, he just used his stock of crystals.. 🥱
  • ShaggyB
    1723 posts Member
    Gamorrean wrote: »
    Dosen’t seem like it’s that important to ahnald anymore since he whaled on 3pac lol

    And remember he didn’t “spend” on JKL, he just used his stock of crystals.. 🥱

    Still dont care about his account. I care about negotiation with cheaters while claiming 0 tollerance.

    I dont care if the cheater is your number 1 spender in the game.... if you claim 0 tollerance you perma ban them
  • TheMaster12345
    597 posts Member
    edited July 17
    Post deleted.
  • Gamorrean
    2673 posts Member
    edited July 17
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    Gamorrean wrote: »
    Dosen’t seem like it’s that important to ahnald anymore since he whaled on 3pac lol

    And remember he didn’t “spend” on JKL, he just used his stock of crystals.. 🥱

    Still dont care about his account. I care about negotiation with cheaters while claiming 0 tollerance.

    I dont care if the cheater is your number 1 spender in the game.... if you claim 0 tollerance you perma ban them

    And I 100% agree with you @ShaggyB
    Just wish the title got edited as long as the cheat debate gets thrown into here
  • ShaggyB
    1723 posts Member
    edited July 18
    D_ToX wrote: »
    Looks like CG are in this for the long haul when it comes to ignoring the cheater negotiations.

    Yep. Its cost them a fair amount of money from me.

    Woulda whaled on new chewy... but nope not happening when they cant address the cheating concerns
  • ShaggyB wrote: »
    D_ToX wrote: »
    Looks like CG are in this for the long haul when it comes to ignoring the cheater negotiations.

    Yep. Its cost them a fair amount of money from me.

    Woulda whaled on new chewy... but nope not happening when they cant address the cheating concerns

    I didn't spend much in this game but I am totally done until they address this issue. I hate so much that they just ignore it and most people are okay with that
  • ShaggyB
    1723 posts Member
    yankeeh8er wrote: »
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    D_ToX wrote: »
    Looks like CG are in this for the long haul when it comes to ignoring the cheater negotiations.

    Yep. Its cost them a fair amount of money from me.

    Woulda whaled on new chewy... but nope not happening when they cant address the cheating concerns

    I didn't spend much in this game but I am totally done until they address this issue. I hate so much that they just ignore it and most people are okay with that

    Ive spent quite a bit. More than i probably ever should have. A bit here and there is not much to me... but it adds up across the years.

    Its money they wont see anymore until they discuss the cheating.

    You pay for competitive advantage in this game. That less time to get to the latest top meta and more time winning with it.

    If you allow cheating, the money spent doesnt get the advantage.

    Thats the problem. You either have 0 tollerance and protect the investments made or you dont.

    If you dont, why should i spend?
Sign In or Register to comment.