Tie in GAC

toreado
8 posts Member
edited June 2020
For me personally this rule is without any logics: In the rare occasion of the event ending with tied banners, the player with the higher GP will win. A player with the higher GP already has advantage. So why would he win if the match is not fair even before it starts? Can anyone clarify what's the logics here?

Replies

• toreado wrote: »
    For me personally this rule is without any logics: In the rare occasion of the event ending with tied banners, the player with the higher GP will win. A player with the higher GP already has advantage. So why would he win if the match is not fair even before it starts? Can anyone clarify what's the logics here?

I think the one with the lower GP should win. He fought as well as the one with higher GP. It is basically that the one who spent more money would win
  • toreado wrote: »

I think the one with the lower GP should win. He fought as well as the one with higher GP. It is basically that the one who spent more money would win
    That’s nonsense! Are you suggesting anyone with higher GP than you has spent money?
  • toreado
    8 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    toreado wrote: »

I'm pretty sure I've spent more money than the other guy. However, as you may be paired with the one who plays much longer than you do, that gives me no advantage at all - even the opposite.
  • ToLive
    105 posts Member
    Do not throw in one pot total GP and effective GP (best toons and ships in quantity needed for offense and defense), that is used for matchmaking. In most times if you matched with someone with higher GP than yours, then your roaster is more deep and you have advantage.
    Nowadays of course it is working bad, especially when players with and without GLs matched in one GAC round.
  • ToLive wrote: »
    Do not throw in one pot total GP and effective GP (best toons and ships in quantity needed for offense and defense), that is used for matchmaking. In most times if you matched with someone with higher GP than yours, then your roaster is more deep and you have advantage.
    Nowadays of course it is working bad, especially when players with and without GLs matched in one GAC round.
    I totally understand that in matching they take top 80 toons gp. However, other chars also matter. Especially when it comes to g12+ chars, that are not in top 80, but still very effective for offense. The problem is not in matching system, that is far from perfect now, but rather about the decision to give win to the player with higher gp, not to the one who has lower gp. In this case saying that my roster gives me advantage is not logical, as our rosters should theoretically be even due to top 80 toons taken into consideration. I will never have advantage in this case. The calculation is pretty easy - you place 7*5=35 toons in defense, and have 45 toons for offense. So primarily you will use your all top 80 chars. But your opponent will have more well-tooned chars for offense. That's why his win in this case is non-sense.
  • exile038
    138 posts Member

It is incentive to expand your roster. Its an attempt to limit the amount of sandbagging.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    exile038 wrote: »

It is incentive to expand your roster. Its an attempt to limit the amount of sandbagging.
    No, it's a holdover from the original GA matchmaking by total roster GP. Back then the total GPs were very close within a bracket and higher GP was just an arbitrary way to break a tie.