When do we have GL Rey buffed too?

Replies

• Daishi
    718 posts Member
    Slaveen wrote: »
    Nihion wrote: »
    That situation is heavily tailored so that it looks like a clear choice. Nice try.

Even if you are not a returning player, but someone who has not started farming for either Rey or SLKR yet, the choice is painstakingly obvious - if you don't go for SLKR, you are a complete and utter fool.

Sure, throw a bunch of data at us from the META report, scream and holler, but at the end of the day - it IS a clear choice whether you want to admit it or not.

I'd go so far as to say that once someone unlocks SLKR, it might even make more sense for them to go for JKLS BEFORE Rey, given the fact that you gear much better toons to get him for less resources and that he can beat both GLs. I would of course, advise them to go for Rey next. Again, the JKLS before Rey thing is a maybe - based on their roster, their guild's performance in LSGTB, among other things... but the fact remains that for some, I'd even recommend going for JKLS before Rey once they get SLKR... That's how skewed things are currently in SLKR's favor over Rey.
    “My opinion is more valid than that of others”.

An opinion is only an opinion. However facts are also facts.
    FACT: Kylo in the meta report uses the same characters he required to unlock, in his top arena team.
    FACT: There are NO Rey with only resistance teams in the meta report AT ALL
    FACT: Kylo can solo the HSTR
    FACT: Jedi Luke will provide the same benefit in LSTB (or more since he lets you do Jedi CMs) as Rey, allowing you to 4/4 a node that you wouldn't have been able to before, but with MUCH less investment.
    FACT: To build a Kylo arena squad requires the farming of 13 characters and the gearing of 14.
    FACT: To build a Rey arena squad to beat semi-reliably Kylo requires a combined farming over over 40 characters. (OPINION) Whether people are playing mature accounts and have already farmed those characters or not is immaterial.
    FACT: At the current rate of growth, Kylo will soon take over Rey at the top of the meta report. (only 1% difference right now). (OPINION) Within a few months at the current rate of growth the meta report will no longer be a valid argument at all about the supposed balance between Rey and Kylo

I know Kylo users struggled to beat Rey teams at first, and they are happy with their arena domination and reliable wins vs Rey. They REALLY don't wanna see any buff that makes a Rey team able to counter Kylo more reliably because it would mean they'd need to struggle with different team comps to take on the Rey team.

P.S.
    I personally LOVE the argument of SLKR users that "SLKR is limited because he has to be used with first order". That argument makes me LAUGH everytime! SLKR isn't limited to only First Order, he just happens to work AMAZINGLY WELL with First Order. You could run him with a mix-match team of DR, Malak, BSF, Vader, GG, etc. His only limitation is not having a lot of TM gain on his team, and even that isn't really a limitation since hux and FOO both give him TM gain, as does FOST. But his siphon gain is so much that it doesnt matter and he's a one man wrecking crew.
    What the Kylo users are trying to argue is that Rey is somehow better because you "can use" so many lightside characters with her. Which would be a valid argument if Rey with Resistance could beat Kylo reliably, and other comps with Jedi were even better. However the argument is silly and falls apart because it's not that Kylo is "stuck" with FO, it's that FO is his best team. Meanwhile Rey IS stuck, because for her best team she has to break up every other LS team to make an effective counter to Kylo.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    I see this thread is still threading.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

Unfortunately.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    That situation is heavily tailored so that it looks like a clear choice. Nice try.

Even if you are not a returning player, but someone who has not started farming for either Rey or SLKR yet, the choice is painstakingly obvious - if you don't go for SLKR, you are a complete and utter fool.

Sure, throw a bunch of data at us from the META report, scream and holler, but at the end of the day - it IS a clear choice whether you want to admit it or not.

I'd go so far as to say that once someone unlocks SLKR, it might even make more sense for them to go for JKLS BEFORE Rey, given the fact that you gear much better toons to get him for less resources and that he can beat both GLs. I would of course, advise them to go for Rey next. Again, the JKLS before Rey thing is a maybe - based on their roster, their guild's performance in LSGTB, among other things... but the fact remains that for some, I'd even recommend going for JKLS before Rey once they get SLKR... That's how skewed things are currently in SLKR's favor over Rey.

By that logic, why not go for JKL before SLKR?

And to both of you: I’ll admit that SLKR could be a better choice. But that doesn’t prove why Rey needs a buff. She’s still useful, she’s still almost as good as Kylo, and there’s still no warrant that they have to be the same. I don’t see the people who went for Rey quitting. No, instead they’re pairing together some of the best characters with Rey to make an incredible team. And it’s not lead by Kylo.
  • Daishi
    718 posts Member
    What you don't get, is that to be on par with kylo after his buffs, its not that she CAN be paired with some of the best characters... its that those characters are REQUIRED to make her on par with Kylo.

Just try to imagine the opposite. Imagine that kylo with FO was trash, and the only way you could beat a rey team surrounded by resistance was to use all the top DS meta leaders to beat her. Sure you'd make it work in arena, but feel pretty worried if you saw her in GAC
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Daishi wrote: »
    What you don't get, is that to be on par with kylo after his buffs, its not that she CAN be paired with some of the best characters... its that those characters are REQUIRED to make her on par with Kylo.

Just try to imagine the opposite. Imagine that kylo with FO was trash, and the only way you could beat a rey team surrounded by resistance was to use all the top DS meta leaders to beat her. Sure you'd make it work in arena, but feel pretty worried if you saw her in GAC

Yes, she’s not on par on Kylo, you keep saying that, but she still doesn’t have to be. It was clear that at some point, one GL would be “proven” to be better than the other. You’re just here because it seems to be the one that you chose. I’m sorry, that’s too bad, but that’s life. There’s no requirement for CG to buff her, especially because there seems to be no indication that people with only Rey are leaving the game en mass. If you aren’t happy about it, don’t spend, but it seems like most people are completely fine with it.

If CG notices a lot of people not spending, maybe they’ll buff her. But they just allowed Rey people to create a really good team comp, so I don’t see them buffing her any time soon, regardless of 40 reliced characters being required or not.
  • Daishi
    718 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    so were Kylo owners leaving en-mass? Because they buffed him repeatedly. If players who own the character quitting is the only reason CG buffs a character I'm guessing the SLKR owners are just bigger whiners than the GLR owners.

👏

By really good team comp... are you struggling (50% or less win rate) to beat those rey teams when they're on defense? Because I've talked to a lot of Rey owners that struggle to beat Kylo unless they can find a trick to break his AI, but CG keeps patching those.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    so were Kylo owners leaving en-mass? Because they buffed him repeatedly. If players who own the character quitting is the only reason CG buffs a character I'm guessing the SLKR owners are just bigger whiners than the GLR owners.

👏

I own neither GL. Let me guess, you have Rey?

Why would CG change something if income remains the same? Protest with your money.

I can’t tell you why they buffed Kylo, and you can’t tell me. My guess is that some odd interactions lead them to unintentionally giving Kylo a leg up.
  • Daishi
    718 posts Member
    Oh I do speak with my money. Last money I spent was $20 to get the last kyrotech to G13 Rey. Since then I've not spent a dime on this game, nor will I until they show a better balance. If both GLs could solo HSTR, and both could reliably beat each other on offense, and Kylo could just do it with a cheaper team, I'd be meh about it. I know CG won't buff rey, they got the money they're gonna get from her and now wanna force spenders to buy kylo. My only real hope is that the new game mode might somehow benefit rey owners over SLKR owners, but I doubt that too. But I'll keep screaming into the wind because it's all I can do since I've already spoken with my money
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Oh I do speak with my money. Last money I spent was $20 to get the last kyrotech to G13 Rey. Since then I've not spent a dime on this game, nor will I until they show a better balance. If both GLs could solo HSTR, and both could reliably beat each other on offense, and Kylo could just do it with a cheaper team, I'd be meh about it. I know CG won't buff rey, they got the money they're gonna get from her and now wanna force spenders to buy kylo. My only real hope is that the new game mode might somehow benefit rey owners over SLKR owners, but I doubt that too. But I'll keep screaming into the wind because it's all I can do since I've already spoken with my money

Like I said, you got Rey and life sucks, but she’s still second best. And if you don’t have the resources to get all of the characters required for her dream team, then others likely don’t either, so it’s not all bad.
  • Daishi
    718 posts Member
    I have everybody except G13 Wat, and JKL. Im working on JKL reqs now, apparently he makes it easier to counter kylo, which works for arena, but GAC is a different story
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    I have everybody except G13 Wat, and JKL. Im working on JKL reqs now, apparently he makes it easier to counter kylo, which works for arena, but GAC is a different story

Oh. Well good luck to you, and hopefully your investment becomes more worth it to you.
  • Slaveen
    481 posts Member

I can admit that the going for JKLS over Rey part is super subjective.

But it is OBVIOUS to the overwhelming majority of the player base that in the GL’s current states, if someone were to start their farms for Rey and SLKR today, it makes far more sense to go for SLKR rather than Rey.

It’s not me saying my opinion is more valid, it’s me stating a fact of SWGOH that SLKR objectively adds more value to a player’s roster than Rey currently does, ESPECIALLY when factoring in cost of investment. Anyone with a brain agrees with that statement. If you don’t, you are literally in denial.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    We need brain.
  • Slaveen wrote: »

But it is OBVIOUS to the overwhelming majority of the player base that in the GL’s current states, if someone were to start their farms for Rey and SLKR today, it makes far more sense to go for SLKR rather than Rey.

It’s not me saying my opinion is more valid, it’s me stating a fact of SWGOH that SLKR objectively adds more value to a player’s roster than Rey currently does, ESPECIALLY when factoring in cost of investment. Anyone with a brain agrees with that statement. If you don’t, you are literally in denial.
    “Anyone with a brain”.

I wondered why you got forum jail a few days back - now I get it.

I am a Rey owner, and my success rate beating SLKR in arena is way higher than the rate you’ve suggested.

I’m also a couple of days away from starting the ticket farm for SLKR, so soon I’ll have the best of both worlds.
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member

Makes you wonder why, huh?
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member

“Anyone with a brain”.

I wondered why you got forum jail a few days back - now I get it.

I am a Rey owner, and my success rate beating SLKR in arena is way higher than the rate you’ve suggested.

I’m also a couple of days away from starting the ticket farm for SLKR, so soon I’ll have the best of both worlds.

The issue isn't arena though. I'm not quite sure why this discussion always goes to arena. As YaeVizsla pointed out (point 3) arena isn't the only source of crystals income....but that's the problem. The biggest problem for Rey owners vs. SLKR owners is GAC and TW.
    That's where the competitive imbalance and the team comps required become problematic.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Gamorrean wrote: »

Makes you wonder why, huh?

It really doesn't. I know exactly how this place works. I just feel bad for all the horses.
  • Mirkraag
    509 posts Member

Sorry for you, but he is 100% right
  • Mirkraag wrote: »

I think Rey is fine, so he can’t be.
  • Mirkraag
    509 posts Member
    Mirkraag wrote: »

Nice misdirection to influence people to get Rey that you can easily autowin them with your slkr while soloing all the raids on auto. And win all the GAC because you only need FO with slkr while using 4 mandatory toons for other teams to use rey. Always the same story.

Not nice for the others.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member

Nice misdirection to influence people to get Rey that you can easily autowin them with your slkr while soloing all the raids on auto. And win all the GAC because you only need FO with slkr while using 4 mandatory toons for other teams to use rey. Always the same story.

So many lols.

I think Rey is fine too, and I have Rey and no SLKR. So I can't easily autowin them with my SLKR while soloing all the raids on auto. And I can't win all the GAC because I don't have FO with SLKR.

Got a new story?

Not nice for the others.
    https://swgoh.gg/p/343174317/
    Rey owner. Not quite an SLKR owner.

But - if you’re wrong about this... what else might you be wrong about?
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member

Not nice for the others.

There's 15 pages worth of answers to your question.
  • Mirkraag
    509 posts Member

Not nice for the others.

Ok my bad.

If you like having spent tremendous ressources for a toon sold to be equal to another but was at the end worst, you can. It is your right. It wont change the fact that there is unbalance between kylo and rey. You can say everywhere that it is fine, it works, I roxx blablabla, it wont change the truth.

So go say again and again and again that your Rey is fine.

I just hope new players wont listen to your nonsense and go for the right and only decent choice... going for slkr

Not nice for the others.

Ok my bad.

If you like having spent tremendous ressources for a toon sold to be equal to another but was at the end worst, you can. It is your right. It wont change the fact that there is unbalance between kylo and rey. You can say everywhere that it is fine, it works, I roxx blablabla, it wont change the truth.

So go say again and again and again that your Rey is fine.

I just hope new players wont listen to your nonsense and go for the right and only decent choice... going for slkr
    Preach on, brother. You look like you’re doing fine with your Rey too.
  • Mirkraag
    509 posts Member
    I can take top spot in arena everyday with Rey by using padme lead to go through the kylo that dont move for the whole day. So with your so called statistic yeah Rey can go 1 but at what cost. Kylo is just sitting here and press auto to win.

It is just sad to use another lead to trigger a meh ai interaction to be able to beat your "balanced" nemesis.

Not to mention again and again the kylo domination on pve plus the multi team toons necessary for rey against the just FO used to unlock slkr. Ahah each time I think about those I see how foolish I am to reply. I will stop. It is so obvious, no debate needed.
  • I beat kylo every day on my climb? It’s the mirror matches I hate.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    I can take top spot in arena everyday with Rey by using padme lead to go through the kylo that dont move for the whole day. So with your so called statistic yeah Rey can go 1 but at what cost. Kylo is just sitting here and press auto to win.

So the cost is you have to spend an extra 2 minutes? Rough.
  • Mirkraag
    509 posts Member

So the cost is you have to spend an extra 2 minutes? Rough.

No, i already explain the cost in many other posts i wont repeat because you already know that.

To beat Rey, just use vader it takes 30 seconds, full protection. A joke