Ahnalds account [MERGE]

Replies

• ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    The more strange in the story is that since the Ahnaldt ban, the one who quitted the game is Mobilegamer but Ahnaldt is staying :D

He wasnt having fun and hes all over marvel strike force.
  • ShaggyB wrote: »
    The more strange in the story is that since the Ahnaldt ban, the one who quitted the game is Mobilegamer but Ahnaldt is staying :D

Both are more rah rah than actually informative and strategic imo.

If U want real strategy follow bulldog or some of the other theorycrafters.

Ahnoldt's following is more due to him being good at editing videos and wearing a costume than his strategic knowledge.

He is an entertainer and he has entertained exposing cheaters and how CG has negotiations with cheaters... Basically if you spend enough u can cheat is what it looks like on the surface and CG has been quiet on the issue... So the silence doesn't help.

Sure ahnoldt knows cg is silent so maybe he is manipulating the situation but all CG has to do is reply then ahnoldt attempt to manipulate the situation loses but CG keeps letting Ahnoldt win.
  • Pille
    125 posts Member
    I am sure Ahnald made a deal with them as well.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    ShaggyB wrote: »

Basically if you spend enough u can cheat is what it looks like on the surface and CG has been quiet on the issue... So the silence doesn't help.

Basically thats it in a nut shell. That is the perception that CG has allowed with this and thats wrong.

They need to reply and say something to change that
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    At the end of the day, he wasn't cheating. CHeaters are allowed back to play this game.

Ahnald inherited an account from a big whale who had no interest playing the game anymore and simply wanted the account to go somewhere rather than deletion. Ahnald has since poured his own money into that account to keep it going - where is his refund?

This account allowed Ahnald to better provide excellent content videos that showcased new toons and events that actually promoted this game. CG actually benefits from AHnald and other content creators financially and free of charge.

CG literally just shot itself in the foot rather than let Ahnald continue to support their game in the way he has by deleting the account.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Boo wrote: »
    At the end of the day, he wasn't cheating. CHeaters are allowed back to play this game.

Ahnald inherited an account from a big whale who had no interest playing the game anymore and simply wanted the account to go somewhere rather than deletion. Ahnald has since poured his own money into that account to keep it going - where is his refund?

This account allowed Ahnald to better provide excellent content videos that showcased new toons and events that actually promoted this game. CG actually benefits from AHnald and other content creators financially and free of charge.

CG literally just shot itself in the foot rather than let Ahnald continue to support their game in the way he has by deleting the account.

No one has said he was cheating. what he did was a violation of the ToS of the game, he knew it. putting money into an account that he knew was in risk of this was his choice.

I'm pretty sure they couldn't do that without facing a bunch of other legal stuff. They would have to move the origin of his account, which would be a sticky situation with the current state of the Chinese laws.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »

No one has said he was cheating. what he did was a violation of the ToS of the game, he knew it. putting money into an account that he knew was in risk of this was his choice.

I'm pretty sure they couldn't do that without facing a bunch of other legal stuff. They would have to move the origin of his account, which would be a sticky situation with the current state of the Chinese laws.

Never said he was cheating, but these actual cheaters exposed to be allowed to return to game rather than a perma ban, also made a choice. Obviously one is more damaging than the other and one actually supports the game and community, where the other is harmful.

I totally get the sticky situation with Chinese law, but no reason the amount spent since the account was transferred could not be given a crystal value and applied towards his current account, considering the content he provides which helps keep the game and the community - seems like the right thing to do to me.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Never said he was cheating, but these actual cheaters exposed to be allowed to return to game rather than a perma ban, also made a choice. Obviously one is more damaging than the other and one actually supports the game and community, where the other is harmful.

I totally get the sticky situation with Chinese law, but no reason the amount spent since the account was transferred could not be given a crystal value and applied towards his current account, considering the content he provides which helps keep the game and the community - seems like the right thing to do to me.

by these I assume you mean the one that was seen in the email. From all accounts of what actually happened this is not all the conversation or information on this. so exactly what happened is still a little bit of a mystery and not shows in that video.

why should he get special treatment? I thought that part of what everyone was upset about is the difference in how rules are being enforced?

Anything done "differently" to his account would be the bar they would set for any accounts in that similar situation. so its still a sticky situation.

The right thing to do was ban his account. I'm pretty sure he even said that.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member

by these I assume you mean the one that was seen in the email. From all accounts of what actually happened this is not all the conversation or information on this. so exactly what happened is still a little bit of a mystery and not shows in that video.

why should he get special treatment? I thought that part of what everyone was upset about is the difference in how rules are being enforced?

Anything done "differently" to his account would be the bar they would set for any accounts in that similar situation. so its still a sticky situation.

Fair enough, its CG's call, not mine or anyone else's. Just my 2 cents on it is all.
  • Kyno wrote: »

That doesn't explain why they don't ban cheaters. By not banning cheaters, they are setting the bar of what would happen if someone else cheats.

Ahnaldt even said that he is fine if his account gets banned AS LONG AS he either gets his money back or they actually ban cheaters instead of letting them get away.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

That doesn't explain why they don't ban cheaters. By not banning cheaters, they are setting the bar of what would happen if someone else cheats.

Ahnaldt even said that he is fine if his account gets banned AS LONG AS he either gets his money back or they actually ban cheaters instead of letting them get away.

They do ban cheaters, quite often actually. We run into a lot of them. No i dont know any details, I have no idea how many are perma bans. I have no idea where the disconnect is between what has been said and what we see. It does seem that not every case is handled as black and white.

Thats great that he said that, since from what others have said the one image he showed is not the full story, maybe he could set the full story straight about what happened in that case to give some perspective. From what we heard that account didn't "get away" without consequence.

They do ban cheaters, quite often actually. We run into a lot of them. No i dont know any details, I have no idea how many are perma bans. I have no idea where the disconnect is between what has been said and what we see. It does seem that not every case is handled as black and white.

Thats great that he said that, since from what others have said the one image he showed is not the full story, maybe he could set the full story straight about what happened in that case to give some perspective. From what we heard that account didn't "get away" without consequence.

It is just that if you don't ban a couple people (perhaps about 2 or 3) everyone will be all over that and banning some cheaters while not banning others is somewhat inconsistent. CG should be more consistent about how they deal with cheaters.

They should still ban them. In my opinion, cheating should either be punished with that account getting permanently banned, or them having to restart the whole account.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

It is just that if you don't ban a couple people (perhaps about 2 or 3) everyone will be all over that and banning some cheaters while not banning others is somewhat inconsistent. CG should be more consistent about how they deal with cheaters.

They should still ban them. In my opinion, cheating should either be punished with that account getting permanently banned, or them having to restart the whole account.

There is a difference between a temp ban and permanent ban. As far as I know there has never been anyone who cheated and did not have some consequence (some level of ban). Different offenses having different levels of ban, is not inconsistent.

The stated policy and what is happening are different and that is a little concerning, but I honestly have no issue with the whole idea of a case by case judgement system.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member

Im sure they do.... but this was exposed and then other youtubers posted videos with whale guilds confirming some of their members cheated and got slap on the wrist punishments.

So the problem here is youve got some high profile cases being exposed where CG is not playing by CG's rules.

They need to level set and do some damage control

There is a difference between a temp ban and permanent ban. As far as I know there has never been anyone who cheated and did not have some consequence (some level of ban). Different offenses having different levels of ban, is not inconsistent.

The stated policy and what is happening are different and that is a little concerning, but I honestly have no issue with the whole idea of a case by case judgement system.

Then what are the different offenses that result in different levels of ban. It is impossible to know if CG did "the right thing" if we don't know what the cheater did or what the consequence would be for that kind of cheating.
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    Still nothing from the devs. Silence.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    PhatPat84 wrote: »

I reported a blatant cheater 1 day into the last gac season. Not only did that person complete the season but they are still playing now. Im sure they will be in the next gac too.
    The communications I received from CG were pathetic. So when you say they take action against cheaters what action are you talking about.
    It should be a permanent ban. Not based on how much you spend in game. Otherwise the competition isn't genuine and CG loses what little credibility it has left. And I sent you the full rundown of details so you know that they cheated kyno. Maybe you could ask your pals why they let that guy off the hook?

They do not discuss the investigation with the reporter, thats just the policy. There are many good reasons for that.

Thats fine if you think it should always be permanent, I dont feel that way, but I can live either way. I know this may be surprising to you, but they take the investigation very seriously, and it doesnt' happen over night. I can assure you that if they found him cheating he didn't get off the hook. All I can do is pass information along, they do not discuss player information with me.

They do take action, and it doesn't have anything to do with spending.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member

I reported a blatant cheater 1 day into the last gac season. Not only did that person complete the season but they are still playing now. Im sure they will be in the next gac too.
    The communications I received from CG were pathetic. So when you say they take action against cheaters what action are you talking about.
    It should be a permanent ban. Not based on how much you spend in game. Otherwise the competition isn't genuine and CG loses what little credibility it has left. And I sent you the full rundown of details so you know that they cheated kyno. Maybe you could ask your pals why they let that guy off the hook?

They do not discuss the investigation with the reporter, thats just the policy. There are many good reasons for that.

Thats fine if you think it should always be permanent, I dont feel that way, but I can live either way. I know this may be surprising to you, but they take the investigation very seriously, and it doesnt' happen over night. I can assure you that if they found him cheating he didn't get off the hook. All I can do is pass information along, they do not discuss player information with me.

But weve seen evidence of that not being the case. You cannot say they didnt get off the hook, as clearly weve seen examples where cheaters did get off the hook

The whale guilds talking about the wrist slaps and pick of punishments is not 0 tollerance.

Its a real problem.

Cg may not want to discuss indivdual matters but theyve now been shown to have double stamdards and lacking consistant policy.

Its too late to hide behind not wanting to discuss individual matters, its now time to discuss cheating and what has been done / what will be done
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

But weve seen evidence of that not being the case. You cannot say they didnt get off the hook, as clearly weve seen examples where cheaters did get off the hook

The whale guilds talking about the wrist slaps and pick of punishments is not 0 tollerance.

Its a real problem.

Cg may not want to discuss indivdual matters but theyve now been shown to have double stamdards and lacking consistant policy.

Its too late to hide behind not wanting to discuss individual matters, its now time to discuss cheating and what has been done / what will be done

The main problem here is there are several things that are considered cheating and we are not going to go into details on this. This is also not a subject that can be openly discussed on the forum as its against the Forum Guidelines.

I can assure you that several topics that are being discussed are all being grouped together as "cheating" and are not the same thing.

I do agree that the statement of 0 tolerance against cheating in battles does not seem to be the case, and they should make a statement about that.

Its a real problem.

The main problem here is there are several things that are considered cheating and we are not going to go into details on this. This is also not a subject that can be openly discussed on the forum as its against the Forum Guidelines.

I can assure you that several topics that are being discussed are all being grouped together as "cheating" and are not the same thing.

I do agree that the statement of 0 tolerance against cheating in battles does not seem to be the case, and they should make a statement about that.

Then where can we discuss the different kinds of cheating?
  • Bump

Its a real problem.

U say, The main problem here is there are several things that are considered cheating and we are not going to go into details on this.

Why would CG not want to clearly define cheating, the various actions that are considered cheating and the possible punishments for each?

You admit cheating exists and there are many kinds but then u attempt to end the conversation by saying cheating can not be discussed on the forums.

Clearly they want to be able to ban who they want for what they want and keep everyone in the dark regarding their actions. That's cool they can do what they wanna do.

Most of the comments are discussing CG not following through on their word but since it's about enforcing a cheating policy that's forbidden to discuss... Seems ridiculous to me but it's 2020 just watching things burn like R2 aoe
  • @Kyno

First I believe CG are banning cheaters. I actively play plenty of games where devs hunt them daily. Cheating is a problem that will sadly never go away. Cheaters will evolve cheats as games go on. One thing people can do however is discuss cheating, not how to find but whether or not if its going on, how to spot and I think whether of not devs are punishing them.

s7notxaujgj7.jpg

w6nu671kgf2x.jpg

However no one out of any of these threads expect what warrior did with his videos some time really broke ToS. It only mentions actively promoting it and distributing it as against ToS. Anhalds break of ToS is in the same line funny enough. Also funny is below the promote or discuss, see a website to report? Should people openly report all the mod service sites since they break your own ToS?
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited July 2020

So kyno.... since you agree that they should say something....

Have you asked if they will?
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    No, we arent discussing cheating in a how to form. We are discussing whether the response to cheating is 0 tollerance as advertised.

Most everyone left in this agrees ahnald's account broke tos and its gone. He knew the risk and he got caught by turning himself in.

The issue is selective enforcement of tos and of overall 0 tollerance policy to cheating.

Too many examples have been shown for both and a statement should be made to bring back confidence.

Sharing ones account to get mod services breaks tos... yet those services arent cracked down on.

Whale guilds have been shown to get off easy for cheating members as has also been shown via screen captures.

Cg should step up and make a statement, but doing so would likely be admitting to not following their own tos and 0 tollerance policy.

Basically put, theyve chosen silence over honesty. Theyve chosen profit over integrity of the game experience. The only way to prove that is false is to come out and speak
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Still nothing?
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    nope
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH