Light Side Geonosis Territory Battle - Republic Offensive [MEGA]

Replies

• TVF
    36489 posts Member
    ACdarkside wrote: »
    Just a reminder that your players still think LS Geo TB is awful. We haven’t forgot. Wild RNG swings. Non-elite droids 1-shotting high-relic heroes while it takes a dozen hits to take out a non-elite Spy or GS.
    Ex 1: Yesterday, my R5 JKL got 3/4 but lost to elite Nute in wave 4 of 1B. Today? Same 1B mission, same Luke squad got 0/4 with zero droids defeated.
    Ex. 2: My 25-relic, well-modded Padme squad got 1/4 In 1B with only 2 toons surviving to wave 2. I have achieved 4/4 there previously. Another TB, I had my arena-grade GAS squad pull a 0/4 in that 1B mission, again after pulling 4/4 previously. These are phase 1 missions!
    Our competitive 290M guild is losing patience on this. Had an officer jump to do Hoth instead this time. Make TB fun! We get this once a month and it’s a total drag.
    You tweaked DS Hoth previously, why not DS Geo?

I'm 12/12 with my R3 Luke and it hasn't even been close to a loss. And my GAS clones went 7/8, today because GAS has his own mission I went 3/4 with Sharky Clones and that's even with a G12 Sharky.

Your problem is either your mods or your strategy.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Boring, this content is so boring, press auto, get destroyed, deploy, boring, why bother it’s do boring
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    Boring, this content is so boring, press auto, get destroyed, deploy, boring, why bother it’s do boring

see post directly above your own

maybe you should be doing hoth
  • TVF wrote: »
    Just a reminder that your players still think LS Geo TB is awful. We haven’t forgot. Wild RNG swings. Non-elite droids 1-shotting high-relic heroes while it takes a dozen hits to take out a non-elite Spy or GS.
    Ex 1: Yesterday, my R5 JKL got 3/4 but lost to elite Nute in wave 4 of 1B. Today? Same 1B mission, same Luke squad got 0/4 with zero droids defeated.
    Ex. 2: My 25-relic, well-modded Padme squad got 1/4 In 1B with only 2 toons surviving to wave 2. I have achieved 4/4 there previously. Another TB, I had my arena-grade GAS squad pull a 0/4 in that 1B mission, again after pulling 4/4 previously. These are phase 1 missions!
    Our competitive 290M guild is losing patience on this. Had an officer jump to do Hoth instead this time. Make TB fun! We get this once a month and it’s a total drag.

I'm 12/12 with my R3 Luke and it hasn't even been close to a loss. And my GAS clones went 7/8, today because GAS has his own mission I went 3/4 with Sharky Clones and that's even with a G12 Sharky.

If you don't mind, who are you running with Luke in TB? I'm not having any luck and used GK, GAS, JKR, HY, Bastila, Old Ben and GMY in various compositions...
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    JKR GK Hoda GMY
  • Jakdnels
    786 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    JKR GK Hoda GMY

Haven't tried that lineup. I'll give it a try. Thanks
  • I'm 12/12 with my R3 Luke and it hasn't even been close to a loss. And my GAS clones went 7/8, today because GAS has his own mission I went 3/4 with Sharky Clones and that's even with a G12 Sharky.

I am 6.5M with solid mods, etc. While strategy can always be improved, part of my point is the wild RNG swings. I put up 67-70 waves in DS Geo TB but every LS TB is a hot RNG mess. 4/4 and then 1/4 on same Mission on back-to-back days.
    Examples...
    Mods and strategy were good enough to pull a KAM shard yesterday. Today, my Shaak Ti squad pulled 2/4 (last TB was 4/4) and 338-speed R5 Shaak died on wave 1 (She took 1 turn).
    Last TB, I beat the ship SM. Yesterday, my Y-wing died before it even moved in the SM.
    We are 7+ months into this and it’s still a drag. Why invest to get 1-shot? I seriously doubt many players are happy with this game mode. It has potential but, currently, it’s not fun.

• TVF
    36489 posts Member
    Everyone thinks they have solid mods.

BTW in the last phase my Hoda wasn't fast enough to go first and my GMY got one shot.

Luke still got me a 3/4.

BTW in the last phase my Hoda wasn't fast enough to go first and my GMY got one shot.

Luke still got me a 3/4.

I can beat KAM without swapping from my arena squad, but I am not going to argue mods. They can always be better. I am sure yours are great. So, with great strategy and great mods you can do great to LS TB. Not sure that makes LS TB any better for most of the player base. My point is the RNG swings (and crazy 1-shots) that undermine all of that. This is a game. It is supposed to be fun.

Btw...got 4/4 with JKL in 3C last night. Sadly, Padme got 0/4 in 2B. I have got 4/4 there before. As an example, a fellow officer, with multiple top 10 GAC finishes in division 1 (and ran Padme in Arena), got 4/4 with her in 2B in phase 3. Same squad, same mission, same first wave and got 1/4 last night in phase 4.

LS TB just never feels like it’s on stable ground.

• ACdarkside wrote: »

Luke still got me a 3/4.

I can beat KAM without swapping from my arena squad, but I am not going to argue mods. They can always be better. I am sure yours are great. So, with great strategy and great mods you can do great to LS TB. Not sure that makes LS TB any better for most of the player base. My point is the RNG swings (and crazy 1-shots) that undermine all of that. This is a game. It is supposed to be fun.

Btw...got 4/4 with JKL in 3C last night. Sadly, Padme got 0/4 in 2B. I have got 4/4 there before. As an example, a fellow officer, with multiple top 10 GAC finishes in division 1 (and ran Padme in Arena), got 4/4 with her in 2B in phase 3. Same squad, same mission, same first wave and got 1/4 last night in phase 4.

I’m sure everyone loves constantly changing mods around. It’s so much more fun than the actual content.
  • IronCross
    934 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    DS TB is by far more enjoyable. LS is just a horrible experience. I won’t say everyone hates it because CG can do no wrong for the boot lickers but the vast majority hate this dumpster fire of a TB.
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    IronCross wrote: »

Luke still got me a 3/4.

I’m sure everyone loves constantly changing mods around. It’s so much more fun than the actual content.

LSTB is the hardest content in the game. Swaping mods is easy now with loadouts. If you don't want to do it, fine, but then don't complain that LSTB is too hard.
  • Nitrogen
    119 posts Member

Luke still got me a 3/4.

LSTB is the hardest content in the game. Swaping mods is easy now with loadouts. If you don't want to do it, fine, but then don't complain that LSTB is too hard.

So nice of you to tell people what that can or can not complain about

• TVF
    36489 posts Member
    Nitrogen wrote: »

Luke still got me a 3/4.

Clearly not what I said. Sure you can complain about anything you want. Doesn't make your complaint valid.
  • Nitrogen
    119 posts Member
    Nitrogen wrote: »

Luke still got me a 3/4.

Clearly not what I said. Sure you can complain about anything you want. Doesn't make your complaint valid.

You are correct, you didn't say what they can or can not complain about... you said what they should or should not complain about. Their complaint is 100% valid. A complain is "a statement that a situation is unsatisfactory or unacceptable."

I think the LSGeo is a mess and I can't stand it, I find it extremely unsatisfactory . The only team for me that can reliably do anything in it is my Rey team. All other teams are RNG dependent. I find the whole thing unacceptable and unsatisfactory and I will complain about it.

You don't think the same thing, good for you, we have differing opinions, that's the way the world works.
  • This TB is still a hot mess. Do not like.
  • TimK
    21 posts Member
    Making everything extremely difficult (and highly RNG dependent) because this is supposed to be end game content to keep players occupied for a while isn't the right approach. At the rate this is going, even for my 300 million gp guild, it's going to take years before we can approach 36 stars..not sure i can or will want to play this game that long.. [/quote]

Isn't rng an integral part of the game- any game?
    Otherwise it would be simply an expensive or time consuming jigsaw puzzle?
    Just my thoughts of recent...

• Dear CG,
    Do you guys even play your own game? You bring out new game modes but still can't fix a TB that is being part of the game for half a year. I saw your beautiful packs of gear and relics and stuff like that, tell you what... My Maxed out r7 6 dot modded teams FAIL LS GEO TB! The teams that SUPPOSED to get the most out of this gamemode can't achieve a 3/4 just because of random RNG by the god-like random droids. I believe you guys don't even play your own game, otherwise you would already changed something in this "end game content". With each LS GEO TB you get me closer and closer quitting this game. Please... fix... this... TB... please... There is nothing to enjoy in it at its current state... Please! :( (I even stayed away from cursing this time just to remain *polite*, maybe this helps more recognizing the cry for a better TB)
  • This event is not enjoyable in the slightest. Really bad game mode you should have replaced ages with something to decent to do.
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    Hurrey wrote: »
    This event is not enjoyable in the slightest. Really bad game mode you should have replaced ages with something to decent to do.

I enjoy it. It might be your teams, your mods, and/or your strategy.
  • This POS mode is close to sucking out the last bit of fun - alongside the GC debacle...

Luke still got me a 3/4.

no it is not easy. it demands constant work on mod storage, since it is constantly overcrowded with all the garbage mods we get as "rewards". handling mods and deleting them is pain in the.... if only wed have option to check and delete mods before accepting them....
    whenever i wish to use loadouts, storage is full

my. mod rant....
  • Adamklark wrote: »
    not closely relating to the topic but please God.. increase mod storage capacity for God's sake

If they did, you’d just be back in a couple of months asking them to increase it again.
  • Adamklark wrote: »
    problem is most mods are trash health ones from events, it quickly ramps up, I do not like to delete them right away because 3 speed mods sometimes can jump up to 10 or 15 even
    Mod management is part of the game. Not the most fun part, I’ll admit, but if you’re not cleaning house at least once a week, you’re making life hard for yourself
  • ACdarkside wrote: »

I agree, you can see ive done well in previos posts, month and month I use same teams, same mods, and its very rng dependant. I was on a roll with kam, got him 5 times in a Row, I failed miserably the past 2 times, using same exact team, mods and strategy. Its frustrating that most toons are r7 and at least 75% 6 dot mods. Theres very little room for improving my odds.
  • As I recall, it's been a year since CG said this was content to maximize a year from now. We can't even mathematically get maximum stars due to lack of GP power for players.

Yet, these waves seem to expect us as players to have relic 10, 12, 15 characters? Otherwise we wouldn't have such a huge RNG swing?

I've gone 4/4 in previous LS Geo TB first phase missions, but I've also gone 0/4 and 1/4 in the same missions. Even watching my R7 characters get shot down in a blink is pretty confusing since we're supposed to be maximizing now, but the AI bots still destroy maximized (as best we can) teams.

But hey, "subject to change" right?