Using Rebel Fleet to beat Negotiator

I know it's possible to use a well-geared rebel fleet to beat Negotiator and Malevolence in fleet arena, but I haven't seen anyone talk about what gear levels are required for it and I'm not sure if my team is close enough to warrant an investment. The only one I know for sure is that Bistan's U-Wing needs to outrun JKA's Eta-2, which will require at least G12.4

My current Rebels (7* unless otherwise noted):
Han's ****: zHan R7, zzChewie R6
Biggs X-Wing: Biggs G12.3
Rebel Y-Wing: 4*
Phantom 2: Sabine G11, Ezra, G12.1, Chopper G10
Ghost: Hera G8, Kana G10, Zeb G8
Bistan's U-Wing: Bistan G8, SRP G8
Cassian's U-Wing: Cassian G8, zJyn G10, K-2SO G8
Home One: Ackbar G11
Hound's Tooth: zzBossk R1

What type of gear levels do I need to get to on Home One and the reinforcement ships to be able to beat Negotiators and Malevolence? If there's a video out there I missed walking through this I would also appreciate a link to that!

Replies

• Hortus
    615 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    Bistan to outspeed Eta-2 is important but not exactly mandatory - most typical Nego setup include 5s and 5s usually attacks Bistan giving him TM boost. But:

1. You want Bistan to be beefy enough to outlive at least 5s attack and Eta-2 AOE (even more against Y-Wing).
    2. Ideally Bistan must outspeed your own HMF, makes things less rng (if "less rng" can be applicable to HMF fights at all)

In any case survivability of trio HMF-Bistan-Biggs is the key, so the more gear, the better.

Biggs - G12+3 is ok but see above.

4* Y-wing won't help.

Phantom gear is irrelevant, he's not needed there imho. Replace him with Plo - mass cleanse/heal can be life-saver.

Ghost - idk, can work at your gear level but with more gear he will be less likely one-shotted by literally anything.

Cassian - ok.

Bossk - ok.

Ackbar - idk, I never run it against current meta without G12+3.

With your fleet and only better geared Bistan you may expect definitely more than 50% winrate against full R7 Negos without 7* GR Y-wing at the start. GR Y-wing is the problem, winrate will be lower. Any sane Malevolence setup is THE problem, even 5* is like Nego with Y-wing in terms of difficulty in my experience.

You may try HMF-Biggs-Bossk setup but i'm not sure about success rate.

And pray to the gods of Great Random. Lucky assists streak can blow up 7* Malevolence quite fast, while there will be days when you won't be able to kill anyone because assists-crits-target lock just don't happen.
  • Hortus wrote: »
    Bistan to outspeed Eta-2 is important but not exactly mandatory - most typical Nego setup include 5s and 5s usually attacks Bistan giving him TM boost. But:

1. You want Bistan to be beefy enough to outlive at least 5s attack and Eta-2 AOE (even more against Y-Wing).
    2. Ideally Bistan must outspeed your own HMF, makes things less rng (if "less rng" can be applicable to HMF fights at all)

In any case survivability of trio HMF-Bistan-Biggs is the key, so the more gear, the better.

Biggs - G12+3 is ok but see above.

4* Y-wing won't help.

Phantom gear is irrelevant, he's not needed there imho. Replace him with Plo - mass cleanse/heal can be life-saver.

Ghost - idk, can work at your gear level but with more gear he will be less likely one-shotted by literally anything.

Cassian - ok.

Bossk - ok.

Ackbar - idk, I never run it against current meta without G12+3.

With your fleet and only better geared Bistan you may expect definitely more than 50% winrate against full R7 Negos without 7* GR Y-wing at the start. GR Y-wing is the problem, winrate will be lower. Any sane Malevolence setup is THE problem, even 5* is like Nego with Y-wing in terms of difficulty in my experience.

You may try HMF-Biggs-Bossk setup but i'm not sure about success rate.

And pray to the gods of Great Random. Lucky assists streak can blow up 7* Malevolence quite fast, while there will be days when you won't be able to kill anyone because assists-crits-target lock just don't happen.

Yeah I haven't had any success against 7* negotiator with HMF-Biggs-Bossk sadly. And just so I'm clear, HMF-Bistan-Biggs as starters with Bossk, Cassian, Plo, and Ghost as reinforcements is the ideal lineup?

Thanks!
  • Hortus
    615 posts Member
    I think so, yes.
  • Hortus
    615 posts Member
    @nmbraun
    My bad, of course Phantom must be used (usually as first reinforcement), not Ghost. For some reason I always confuse names of these two ships.
  • Aandien
    36 posts Member
    You can beat it with Biggs, ht, hmf to start. Reinforce with cassian. I've beat r7 negotiator teams with this and only g12 Biggs, r4 ht, r4 hmf, and g11.cassian. for Biggs use special to start on Anakin. You need hmf to assist. Use regular attack for hmf on anakin. You need a crit so Biggs gets taunt. This will put Anakin low.enough that negotiator will not ae daze. On second hmf attack use ae for offense up, cause when you call in Cassian, pick the right target so you can one shot whatever tank they have that's taunting which is normally seargent. After that by then Anakin will go again and get rid of his self revive, and you can kill him. Once Anakin is dead the rest is easy. Generally you can call in bistan if you need more firepower by that point.

Note this works against 5s, Anakin, ht lineups. If they use the Anakin, Ashoka, ht lineup, it doesn't work.. though it might with a relic Biggs.
  • @nmbraun itsjustian has a youtube vid dedicated to this. The big requirement is g12 and all 6E mods on Bistan and Scariff so their ship hits a threshold speed to be faster than the enemy to get an ability off.