Need a good Team for Rancor

I love the game, really just kinda play to unlock characters I like, but now wanna get serious about raids just dont know where to start.

Replies

• Eh... I think it's fairly rare to find a guild that doesn't win Rancor isn't it?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
  • @Erstindubc How's your roster? Is that what you're wanting advice on? If so, post a link to your swgoh.gg account info. Easiest general advice for Rancor raid is Commander Luke Skywalker. He can solo the raid all by himself. My guild does a The Price is Right (TPIR) and whomever gets the closest to some score, usually for us 50K, without going over will get first place once battle is fully open and my personal favorite team for the raid is Jedi Knight Revan, CLS, GM Yoda, Hermit Yoda and Bastilla. Sometimes I shake it up swapping out team members, but I always use CLS.
  • Erstindubc wrote: »
    I love the game, really just kinda play to unlock characters I like, but now wanna get serious about raids just dont know where to start.

With early characters there are lots of choices. To solo tm removal is key.

Cls is the best known but isn't the only one needed. Vader lead gives empire all tm removal so a high potency empire team works. If pilot is needed for tenacity down and tarkin removes tm on his are pretty reliably. Thrawn is good for his fracture to decrease the boss's speed and remove tm.

For the 5th I find adding a tm removal character works better than another empire. Jkr works good if you have him. Cls works great and gives another tenacity down. Old Ben works good too. Just to name a few.

And of course the raid is old so once you get past g8 or so you start putting out enough damage to get through a phase without as much tm removal needed. But with the teams mentioned above, high gear isn't really needed.
  • @AM2Rainman swgoh.gg/p/716652422
  • JangoKarga
    20 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    on my mini, I can do up to 500k damage with a 8k dooku, 10k boba, 6.5k nute, 6k Vader, 8k tarkin. just keep the3 extortion going with note, and dooku can do insane amounts of damage. so id say farm nute and dooku, which you can use for a separatist team.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    @Erstindubc First step would be to leave your starter guild and join a real guild. You will most likely never complete the rancor raid in your starter guild.
    Secondly, farm a character up to 7* ASAP. That will make you eligible to join heroic tier raids. That's where the good rewards are.
    Rancor raid is all about turn meter removal. Check out Vader's leader ability f.ex. Vader leading empire and Sith characters is your best bet currently. If you farm a team of 5 Phoenix characters, you can do the events to unlock Thrawn and Palpatine which will both be good additions to your team lead by Vader. Those 2 characters will also help you unlock R2D2, which is required to unlock CLS (as recommended by @DarkHelmet1138)
  • Waqui wrote: »
    @Erstindubc First step would be to leave your starter guild and join a real guild. You will most likely never complete the rancor raid in your starter guild.
    Secondly, farm a character up to 7* ASAP. That will make you eligible to join heroic tier raids. That's where the good rewards are.
    Rancor raid is all about turn meter removal. Check out Vader's leader ability f.ex. Vader leading empire and Sith characters is your best bet currently. If you farm a team of 5 Phoenix characters, you can do the events to unlock Thrawn and Palpatine which will both be good additions to your team lead by Vader. Those 2 characters will also help you unlock R2D2, which is required to unlock CLS (as recommended by @DarkHelmet1138)

@Erstindubc ^^^^^^^^ This. THere are a few other standard teams that do well and/or can solo the rancor raid. You need to leave your starter guild first. Start looking on the forums for a starter guild that sounds good to your play style. There will be some that are hardcore and some that will be chill and plenty in between.

I would start farming you Phoenix first then get your Empire good enough to get R2 and finish farming those you need for CLS. FB Luke and Old Ben can both be found in Guild Shipments to make farming them from nodes easier. Princess Leia and ST Han are both only really available from squad arena store. So you can actually be farming all of the characters for the event at the same time. I wouldn't bother taking any of the event characters higher than necessary to start and only R2 and Old Ben are going to be that usefull in the long run.

This path also sets you up for 3 of 5 jedi needed for GM Yoda. Ezra, Kanan, Old Ben and just about any two other jedi can do the event with ease.

Then I would think you could auto solo the rancor raid with CLS lead, Ezra, Kanan, Old Ben and GMY. Three characters that can do TM reduction so you'll be in a good spot.
  • AM2Rainman wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »

@Erstindubc ^^^^^^^^ This. THere are a few other standard teams that do well and/or can solo the rancor raid. You need to leave your starter guild first. Start looking on the forums for a starter guild that sounds good to your play style. There will be some that are hardcore and some that will be chill and plenty in between.

I would start farming you Phoenix first then get your Empire good enough to get R2 and finish farming those you need for CLS. FB Luke and Old Ben can both be found in Guild Shipments to make farming them from nodes easier. Princess Leia and ST Han are both only really available from squad arena store. So you can actually be farming all of the characters for the event at the same time. I wouldn't bother taking any of the event characters higher than necessary to start and only R2 and Old Ben are going to be that usefull in the long run.

This path also sets you up for 3 of 5 jedi needed for GM Yoda. Ezra, Kanan, Old Ben and just about any two other jedi can do the event with ease.

Then I would think you could auto solo the rancor raid with CLS lead, Ezra, Kanan, Old Ben and GMY. Three characters that can do TM reduction so you'll be in a good spot.

even searching for a random guild with a good name thru the game is a good way, as long as they have 48-50 members you should prob be able to join in and win raids. but first leave your starter guild asap, as starter guilds are an absolute joke
    no longer a f2p since i bought the hyperdrive bundle
  • Euphoriafish42
    12 posts Member
    edited November 2020
    I think my Pit Raid team is Admiral Ackbar, Scav Rey, Mace Windu, Leia, Grand Moff Tarkin? And for a while two of those were Geonosian Soldier and young Jedi Obi Wan for a while. Ackbar's team buffing did not help n the beginning but after he's well geared he and Leia have good synergy. Oh yeah, I think Luminara Unduli with synergy with Ackbar and Leia was good for a while too for extra hits. Similarly, Obi Wan and Geonosian Soldier assist each other pretty well for extra hits too. Mace Windu and Scav Rey are high damage per hit. I might be using Grand Master Yoda sometimes too, usually to buff Rebel/Jedi team.

Last time I think it was a Tier III or IV raid. I had my rebel/Jedi team for most of it, then a Dark Side team with Grand Moff Tarkin, Darth Vader, Kylo Ren both masked and unmasked and ? Han Solo? Phasma? something like that. Then the third team that I finished the raid with were Ewoks. But one shotting the last round was probably due to getting kicked from a super guild where I was getting a lot of rewards and feeling like a weak link in the middle of the ranks. Then I found a guild where I can be in the top ten who are taking easier Tiers of the guild battles so I get to be more powerful in those.
  • If you own 1 7* character you should be doing heroic raids.

The rewards in lower tiers are small beer and can easily be obtained elsewhere.

I understand your desire to be competitive, but it will take you so long to get anywhere in the game running lower tier rancor raids, glaciers will overtake you.
  • Yep, as soon as you have 1 7 star you should join a guild doing heroic rancor and haat. Preferably one doing hstr too.

If your guild actually does rancor there are many solo teams available. Vader lead is great now that it is viable with wat end game. Tarkin, thrawn, and two tm removal toons round out the team for an easy solo.

I've used cls in the past but jkr add and old ben work as well. Tenacity down h ett Los but you can just nod for potency and it isn't really needed.