oswnva4ispd2.jpg

UNIT NAME: Mon Mothma
ALIGNMENT: Light
CATEGORIES: Light Side, Support, Rebel
Rebel Leader who supports and rallies her allies

ABILITIES:

Basic: Advocate For Peace

7jms1my3dpu8.gif

FINAL TEXT: Dispel all debuffs on the weakest Rebel ally. Rebel allies recover 6% Health and Protection.

Special 1: Restore Our Republic (Cooldown 5)

nu4eucm5ckmw.gif

FINAL TEXT: Revive a random Rebel Fighter ally with 40% Health and Protection. All Rebel allies have their current Health percentages equalized. Then, Rally Mon Mothma and all Rebel Fighter allies.

Rallied characters act based on their role:
  • Tanks Taunt and gain Critical Hit Immunity for 2 turns
  • Attackers assist
  • Healers and Supports restore 15% Health and Protection to all allies

Special 2: Field Promotion (Cooldown 5)

c1meifupvwy7.gif

FINAL TEXT: Summon a Rebel Trooper. If a Rebel Trooper is already present, they are promoted to a Rebel Officer.

If they were already a Rebel Officer, they are promoted to a Rebel Commander.

If they were already a Rebel Commander, dispel all debuffs on them, they recover 25% Health and Protection, and reduce the cooldowns of Mon Mothma and all Rebel Fighter allies by 1.

This ability can only be used if all allies are Rebel at the start of battle.

Leader: (ZETA) Alliance Chancellor (ZETA)

FINAL TEXT: At the start of battle, if Mon Mothma is in the Leader slot, she and all Rebel Fighter allies gain 8% of their combined base Max Health, Max Protection, Offense, Defense, Potency, and Tenacity.

Mon Mothma and Rebel Fighter allies have a 100% chance to assist each other whenever they use an ability during their turn, dealing 90% less damage (limit once per turn per ally). If that ability dealt no damage, the damage penalty is reduced to 45% less damage and that ally dispels all debuffs on the healthiest Rebel ally.

Unique 1: (ZETA) This Is Our Rebellion

FINAL TEXT: Mon Mothma has +50 Speed. Mon Mothma can't be targeted and is immune to taunt effects.

If there are no other allied combatants at the start of a turn, Mon Mothma escapes from battle.

Unique 2: Rebel Trooper

FINAL TEXT:
Light Side, Attacker, Rebel, Rebel Fighter

Basic: Rebel Bravado
Dispel all buffs on target enemy and deal Physical damage.

If this unit has been promoted to Officer or Commander, inflict Daze for 1 turn.

Special: Rebel Morale:(Cooldown 4)
Rebel allies gain Defense Penetration Up for 2 turns.

If this unit has been promoted to Commander, Rally all Rebel Fighter allies.

This ability can only be used if Rebel Trooper has been promoted to Officer or Commander.

Unique 1: Rebellion Tactics
Mon Mothma and Rebel Fighter allies have +15% Critical Damage and +30% Tenacity.

If this unit has been promoted to Commander, these bonuses are tripled.

Unique 2: Summoned
This unit's stats scale with the summoner's stats. This unit can only be summoned to the ally slot if it's available. This unit can't be summoned in raids. This unit can't be revived. If an effect counts defeated units, this unit doesn't count. When there are no other allied combatants, this unit escapes from battle. A unit can't be revived if this summoned unit exists in their slot.
Post edited by CG_SBCrumb on

Replies

• Mastersbgames
    222 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    Come on. Please give the empire some love now... an imperial trooper rework or something...

That aside, this does look fun. A possible Darth reven counter as well
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    edited July 2020
    So which toons are getting the Rebel Fighter tags? EDIT: Answered nvm

All these major OT toons being released back to back as marquee means something big is coming down the pipeline very soon near the end of the year (Galactic Legends?)
  • CG_SBCrumb
    685 posts EA Community Manager
    Ultra wrote: »
    So which toons are getting the Rebel Fighter tags? EDIT: Answered nvm

All these major OT toons being released back to back as marquee means something big is coming down the pipeline very soon near the end of the year (Galactic Legends?)

The developer insight has the list of Rebel Fighters
  • HK22
    644 posts Member
    Who will have the Rebel Fighter tag?
    Baze Malbus
    Biggs Darklighter
    Bistan
    Bodhi Rook
    Cara Dune
    Cassian Andor
    Chirrut Îmwe
    Hoth Rebel Scout
    Hoth Rebel Soldier
    Jyn Erso
    K-2SO
    Lando Calrissian
    Pao
    Scarif Rebel Pathfinder
    Wedge Antilles
  • Come on. Please give the empire some love now... an imperial trooper rework or something...

Uhm, is it possible that you've missed the Darth Vader rework, that made him powerful enough to counter both Galactic Legends, who are currently the strongest characters in the game? And he is the face of the Empire.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    my sarif rebel pathfinder TM team is RUINED!!! WHERE'S MY REFUND???
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    edited July 2020
    Crumb can you share some insights behind this:
    This ability can only be used if all allies are Rebel at the start of battle.

Brute and Turret aren’t like this so I’m interested in knowing why this approach was taken? Are the devs unhappy with how plug and play GBA ended up being?
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    btw major props to the team behind her kit

It is true to her character, and the kit remains very interesting
  • CaesarAM
    246 posts Member
    She can’t be targeted but I assume that means she can still be damaged or affected by aoe attacks or debuffs?
  • The list of "Rebel Fighters" is full of pilots (Biggs/Wedge/Lando) and leaves out people who fought on the ground (Zeb, the new Threepio and Chewie). It seems rather arbitrary who made the cut, other than "The least geared up Rebels". Care to explain the logic?
  • How does "cannot be targeted" interact with darth revan applying deathmark to the enemy leader? Can she then be targeted?
  • TheMaster12345
    607 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    When will this character be released/when will the game be updated?
  • Edison
    154 posts Member
    two_step wrote: »
    The list of "Rebel Fighters" is full of pilots (Biggs/Wedge/Lando) and leaves out people who fought on the ground (Zeb, the new Threepio and Chewie). It seems rather arbitrary who made the cut, other than "The least geared up Rebels". Care to explain the logic?

Well, you nailed it. "The least geared up Rebels"
  • TheBorkiestBorkchop
    1 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    How does "cannot be targeted" interact with darth revan applying deathmark to the enemy leader? Can she then be targeted?

“Immune to taunt effects”- she can’t get deathmarked
  • This new Mon Mothma will test the boundaries of some of the other characters abilities.
  • two_step wrote: »
    The list of "Rebel Fighters" is full of pilots (Biggs/Wedge/Lando) and leaves out people who fought on the ground (Zeb, the new Threepio and Chewie). It seems rather arbitrary who made the cut, other than "The least geared up Rebels". Care to explain the logic?

To build on this, why can't rolo, captain han, or lando be part of this list?
  • Come on. Please give the empire some love now... an imperial trooper rework or something...

Uhm, is it possible that you've missed the Darth Vader rework, that made him powerful enough to counter both Galactic Legends, who are currently the strongest characters in the game? And he is the face of the Empire.

That wasn’t the point. With all the current rebels, why does the empire not get shown any love. Yes, the DV rework was amazing, I love it. But what about the rest of the faction. Whilst EP and thrawn are fine with Vader, that’s three characters. Vader does bring some viability to 5 at a time. What do you do with the rest. Let them stay at the bottom of your roster, whilst the rebels are being brought another character which provides viability to more rebels.

He seems I brought up imperial troopers
  • This kit looks very good. With this and Chewpio it seems there is something big coming for rebels. Which is cool. Maybe we can finally get a decent leader besides CLS. Mon Mothma looks good, but she isn't going to be the meta leader because of her bonuses.
    superawesomepi#1512 | My Youtube | swgoh.gg
  • Stenun
    851 posts Member
    I assume "immune to taunt effects" would cover her using Unbreakable Will during the Sith Raid?
    That could be very annoying if she gets the skill over any other character and is the only one who can therefore take Darth Nihilus's auto-defeat but can't use it ...
  • Well this looks fun.
  • 3 zetas? Is that the most we've had for a marquee? Looks like a really cool kit though. Keep the OT coming!
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    Come on. Please give the empire some love now... an imperial trooper rework or something...

That aside, this does look fun. A possible Darth reven counter as well

Possible DR counter? What makes you say that?
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    first thought: this is awesome if I can get use of relic ROLO and CHOLO then (3rd gif even showing the 3 together)
    second thought: let's look up who's a "rebel fighter"....no ROLO and CHOLO
    final thought: thank you for nothing, not gonna gear up my Chirrut, Wedge and Pao
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • lol, assists with 90% reduced damage. Hey, let's not get too rowdy now.

Looks to me like a lead built specifically for quickly removing B1/B2 stacks for LGTB. But then what? The remaining units still have huge health pools ...
  • If lando gets the rebel fighter tag why don't Han and chewie?
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Legend91 wrote: »
    first thought: this is awesome if I can get use of relic ROLO and CHOLO then (3rd gif even showing the 3 together)
    second thought: let's look up who's a "rebel fighter"....no ROLO and CHOLO
    final thought: thank you for nothing, not gonna gear up my Chirrut, Wedge and Pao
    There is enough in that tag to work with. Wiggs, Chaze, Cara, SRP.
    Still not a he.
  • How does "cannot be targeted" interact with darth revan applying deathmark to the enemy leader? Can she then be targeted?

“Immune to taunt effects”- she can’t get deathmarked

I assumed the "immune to taunt effects" meant that she does not have to target an enemy with taunt/deathmark/direct focus, as that is the effect of taunt. Rather than a you said, she can't gain taunt type buffs/debuffs.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    lol, assists with 90% reduced damage. Hey, let's not get too rowdy now.

Looks to me like a lead built specifically for quickly removing B1/B2 stacks for LGTB. But then what? The remaining units still have huge health pools ...

Don't worry, we just got accuracy up on SRP basic for a random ally to deal with those pesky Droideka dodges. Because that's what the LS Geo TB Droidekas are most known for, their annoying dodges.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg