Finalizer Event - Help Please

So when the new FO/Rest Ships dropped a few months back I noticed I was 6/7 in DS ships & thought, ok, wow, that might be worth farming a ship for just to open a new capital ship. Especially since the Shuttle was nearly open when it happened.

Fast forward a couple months, and I finally dinged 7* with Kylo's Shuttle this week the morning of the Finalizer event.

Did the 7* battle fine, went into the bonus tier, and SPLAT.

Repeat many times..... SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT SPLAT.

WTH is up with this event?

I fully realize that 2 of my 8 aren't great but come on, I've got the other 6 at G11 to R5. This was ridiculously hard & I finally said screw it & I'll try again in 2 weeks.

Really, it shouldn't have come to that with my ships. See fleet below.

I've searched on line for strats to see if I was doing something wrong but found nothing. The AE's just kill every single ship, even the G12 ones till you are down to Bossk v/s the Armada.

Looking for some help here for later this month.

I'll have some more cash so I should have some better levels & a couple pieces of gear on the final 2 ships by then.

jyxc3jbnwpgc.png

Any helpful assistance would be appreciated.

Replies

• Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Upgrade your Hux and your Command Shuttle. Start Silencer, Command Shuttle, HT. Use Silencer basic to stun ships as much as possible, especially Anakin and Y-Wing, and give Silencer TM/call assists as much as possible to keep the stuns up. Expect to still have to retry for good RNG until you get the FO pilots to g13. It's not an easy event (particularly compared to Raddus).
  • Ugh, thanks Liath.

So stupid that you need G13 just to farm shards.

I found websites that did it with G8 but I really don't see how with the AEing that goes on in that event.

Its not like those ships have loads of Regen or Healing to keep them up.
  • I had good luck with all FO in my starting lineup, bringing in HT on reinforcement. With Finalizer’s kit you get 4 or 5 turns to start. Stun Ani and use shuttle to feed TM to silencer as much as possible. More gear on Kylo is probably needed for survivability
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Another strategy:

Start with HT, Silencer and XB. Stun tank, let XB call Silencer to stun ETA. Use your Finalizer's special to debuff ETA to prevent bonus TM gains. Reinforce with Tie Advanced and Slave 1. Have them inflict TLs. Keep using Silencer to stun. Also remember that Silencer gains offense when it damages a target locked enemy. For this reason let Finalize call Silencer too (with its basic). In the end Silencer will one-shot enemies.
  • I tried all FO in my starting line up in some of my tries the other day. But the lack of healing left me w/ a lot of damaged units by the time HT got out there to taunt.

It seems like Shuttle is key to this fight in a lot of strats but Shuttle is my weakest unit. Dies to like 2 AEs

I've stopped many any mod leveling or purchases from now till next time the event happens so I can at least Level the Chars & Ships to 85. I was hoping my existing fleet would have been sufficient but it certainly seems lacking which I feel is lame giving the Gear range of 11-R5.

Waqui, thanks, I hadn't tried starting XB for the extra stun right away.
    I'll remember that idea for later this month for sure.

Now I'm wondering what a combo of Silencer, XB, & Shuttle at start will look like as far as speed for the rest of the fight.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    I've stopped many any mod leveling or purchases from now till next time the event happens so I can at least Level the Chars & Ships to 85. I was hoping my existing fleet would have been sufficient but it certainly seems lacking which I feel is lame giving the Gear range of 11-R5.

Waqui, thanks, I hadn't tried starting XB for the extra stun right away.
    I'll remember that idea for later this month for sure.

You're welcome :-)

Your pilots' gear levels are more than sufficient for my strategy. I've done it with

G12 Boba and Bossk
    G11 Cad Bane and KRU
    G10 Vader

with only few restarts until the initial stuns landed
  • Decent strat but his FO ships are worlds better than mine. That is the issue, those AEs from Anakin, Y-Wing, & Negotiator all wipe out my Shuttle & even my G12 pilots are seriously wounded by them.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    The keys are Finalizer's crew ability, Slicer's ramping damage and KRCS' TM manipulation. Read those kits.
  • I think the key 4 that you need are Silencer, HT, XB and Kylo's Shuttle. You need to keep taunt up on HT while Silencer kills Anakin and Ahsoka. Once those two are out, HT can essentially solo the rest of the enemy team. I used XB as a reinforcement, but it also works on your starting lineup. Starting lineup gives you that extra stun to survive the initial onslaught, but reinforcement will give HT counters which can do a lot of damage to their tanks if they are both taunting and breached (which acts as a perma-expose with XB). It does take a lot of attempts, especially with lower gear ships (it usually takes me around 5-10 attempts, with a G8 shuttle/Hux, G12 XB/Silencer/Vader, and R3 HT). Shuttle is super useful, though, even at lower gear levels, since it can feed a lot of TM to the Silencer and dispel buffs.
  • WAH HOO !!!

Took about 10 restarts & fails but finally passed it.

I had them down to HT v/s tank/healer ships & they couldn't hurt HT but HT couldn't hurt them either with all the Protection Regen on that team.

Most of the gear added went to Kylo, shocking how those couple L7 pieces don't want to fill in, major demand on other chars, LOL.

6j6ouykuss7e.png

I ran w/o the Shuttle & FO TIE so I didn't get much boost for Finalizer.

But the extra levels & couple abilities seemed to help.

q8iyxxxq6e1q.png

Hopefully in 2 weeks I'll have Kylo up into Relics & if he lasts a bit longer then the runs should finish up faster & with less RNG.

Thanks for the strats all, that start Xanadu for extra stun early really helps.