GL ruined GA for me

Prev13456
I can't ever beat a GL Rey, she's too OP. It will be months before I get any GLs. But because I have all the other previous meta characters, I keep getting opponents with GL while I have none. I have been farming the characters F2P so i guess that's my fault for not spending 10k+ on pixels.

TLDR: I'm placing the toughest Defense every GA battle going forward with an opponent that has a GL. No feats for you.

Replies

• Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    that'snothowanyofthisworks.gif
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Howrude wrote: »
    I have been farming the characters F2P so i guess that's my fault for not spending 10k+ on pixels.
    I hope you realise there are F2P with both GLs at r7 at this point.

Too bad your way to make up for your bad resource management is to just get your 'revenge' on opponents that are not responsible for your choices.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Howrude wrote: »
    I can't ever beat a GL Rey, she's too OP. It will be months before I get any GLs. But because I have all the other previous meta characters, I keep getting opponents with GL while I have none.
    No, you are getting opponents with a GL because you heavily relic'd a bunch of characters.
  • NataPda
    38 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    I can't ever beat a GL Rey, she's too OP. It will be months before I get any GLs. But because I have all the other previous meta characters, I keep getting opponents with GL while I have none. I have been farming the characters F2P so i guess that's my fault for not spending 10k+ on pixels.

TLDR: I'm placing the toughest Defense every GA battle going forward with an opponent that has a GL. No feats for you.

GLs were released 4 months ago. More than enough time to get at least t one of them for f2p..
    I have been farming the characters F2P so i guess that's my fault for not spending 10k+ on pixels.
    I hope you realise there are F2P with both GLs at r7 at this point.

Too bad your way to make up for your bad resource management is to just get your 'revenge' on opponents that are not responsible for your choices.

Yeah because the only relevant variable is money spent.

If you managed your resources well enough what your opponent does should not matter.
  • I have both GL. First opponent had none. He put only level 1/weak toons on defence and threw an entire roster at a non ultimate rey. Couldn't win.

Yet people still say rey sucks. She is great in 3v3 defence
  • Yes, you should only play this game the way CG wants you to play and allocate resources. So much fun if everyone had the same exact everything.
  • Vendi1983
    5018 posts Member
    @Howrude The better way to go against GL if you're looking at preventing feats: set one toon in one zone on defence. Opponent will get the clear score but theoretically no feats or maybe just 1 that round.
  • Vendi1983 wrote: »
    @Howrude The better way to go against GL if you're looking at preventing feats: set one toon in one zone on defence. Opponent will get the clear score but theoretically no feats or maybe just 1 that round.

Just use your best fleet. They don’t even get a chance at a squad battle
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Preventing feats is dumb. It doesn't help you and it doesn't hurt CG. It just makes you look like a terrible person.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH

Maybe share your swgoh.gg. There are counters to GLs. If you have enough relics to be matched against GLs you likely have the characters that can counter them.

I took an 8 month break last October so I only have legendaries up to but not including GAS and 7 or 8 reliced characters total. Yet I beat GL Rey regularly in arena after a few weeks of building a counter team.

So if you can't beat GLs, that's on you. Get good.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member

Maybe share your swgoh.gg. There are counters to GLs. If you have enough relics to be matched against GLs you likely have the characters that can counter them.

I took an 8 month break last October so I only have legendaries up to but not including GAS and 7 or 8 reliced characters total. Yet I beat GL Rey regularly in arena after a few weeks of building a counter team.

To be fair, this is GA, which is a whole different animal than arena.
  • I often don’t want to spend time on GAC because I don’t like it very much (not saying others should feel the same, to each their own). So I usually set a ton of weak toons on D so my opponents can get their feats done easier.
  • TVF wrote: »

3v3 may actually be the perfect opportunity though. You already have to break up all your standard teams to create smaller ones. Start by making an anti GL team or two depending on what you think you may face as a GL team then set them aside for your attack.
    This is also coming from someone who has neither nor faced neither, ever so ya.
  • TVF wrote: »

To an extent. It's not all or nothing like arena so if you can whittle down the team you can actually use two teams to beat it.

But the one team counters should still work in GA. You may have to break up a few teams for them, true. But that is still better than being stuck behind a GL wall.
  • WookieWookie
    1460 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    As a GL Rey owner, I can vouch that she can ruin GA. Being able to scout my opponent's roster easily, I saw he didn't have a GL so I set my Rey on the bottom front with Han and OG Chewie in this 3v3 GA. He set a tough defense, but didn't ever have a chance of beating Rey in that team, since Chewie guards her and Han, preventing crits and leading to ludicous HP and Protection regen and Bonus Protection from Rey all while Chewie and Han wail away on the other team and Rey occasionally whirlwinds. Not sure how anyone without a GL is supposed to beat that.

*shurgs* I'll take the win, but what a feel bad experience for my opponent.
    Post edited by WookieWookie on
  • As a GL Rey owner, I can vouch that she can ruin GA. Being able to scout my opponent's roster easily, I saw he didn't have a GL so I set my Rey on the bottom front with Hand and OG Chewie in this 3v3 GA. He set a tough defense, but didn't ever have a chance of beating Rey in that team, since Chewie guards her and Han, preventing crits and leading to ludicous HP and Protection regen and Bonus Protection from Rey all while Chewie and Han whale away on the other team and Rey occasionally whirlwinds. Not sure how anyone without a GL is supposed to beat that.

*shurgs* I'll take the win, but what a feel bad experience for my opponent.

Possibly a tanky team with imp probe droid that is tanky enough to survive ad and self destruct chewie away. Then a clean up team.

I'm sure counters exist or will soon.
  • Meh. I try to take down the GL. If I can't I walk away. They are stupid characters and I am not wasting my time on it one way or the other.
  • Ripperpa
    298 posts Member
    Yeah sure, just don't match gl owners and non gl owners, problem solved.
  • Sounds similar like the Malak story at the time.
    I also still haven't got a counter rdy for GL, and also already faced some in GAC knowing it will not go well.

I humbly took the loss/es as i had no other choice anyway ;-)

But i had some kind of "soul peace" to use and try different teams (unsucessfull), as i couldn't mess up my GAC, it was already compromised. B)
    Hopefully we see soon some viable counters.
    Swiss Garde Officer, drop me a message if you're interested joining
  • JoryG87
    258 posts Member
    I won my first battle against a GL owner, while I don't have one. It is possible. Check enemy roster and play smarter.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Ripperpa wrote: »

Counter: Git gud, problem solved. Which is under your control?
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member

Only to create new more severe problems.
  • Ripperpa wrote: »

This issue comes up everytime a new meta character comes out. They aren't going to not match people who don't buy x character because that would remove incentive to buy that character.

Whales get an advantage in most game modes by spending. Get used to it. It won't change. But if you get good, you can still win.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Pile wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

Counter: Git gud, problem solved. Which is under your control?

Please let us know how "Get Gud" works to beat Rey/Han/Chewie without a GL. Its sketchy even with a maxed SLKR.

So get your own?

CG is not coming to your rescue.
This discussion has been closed.