What's the best fleet right now?

Prev1
Empire? Rebels? Resistance? First order? Galactic Republic? Separatist?
Is thrawn's ship still good?

Replies

• davidwanqwerty
    61 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    check which ships the top 10 use and try to get that(but honestly any full faction is good)
    no longer a f2p since i bought the hyperdrive bundle
  • Everyone use either GG ship or GK ship
  • In my shard i see more Nego than Malevolence. I spotted a Finalizer once.
  • Negotiator definitely has the most well rounded support fleet.
    The AI seems to handle it better than most of the others as well, so it seems to hold up more reliably than anything else on defense at the moment- I guess (IMHO) that makes it the “best” for right now.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    mal is the most fun
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Negotiator for sure.
  • WindChoke
    31 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    The best offence is Malevolence, at 6* can beat every fleet reliably. Negotiator might hold better on defence, particularly in mirror matches when it has power advantage. But in general, both drop and both can climb. So either will be fine. If you are behind go malevolence as even at lower stars can deal with lots of higher fleets on offence, unlike the negotiator.

If you can't get either then home one and rebels are still okayish, if your shard is not mature enough.

Chimaera not good for arena, but brilliant for ds geo with hounds tooth.
  • WindChoke wrote: »
    The best offence is Malevolence, at 6* can beat every fleet reliably. Negotiator might hold better on defence, particularly in mirror matches when it has power advantage. But in general, both drop and both can climb. So either will be fine. If you are behind go malevolence as even at lower stars can deal with lots of higher fleets on offence, unlike the negotiator.

If you can't get either then home one and rebels are still okayish, if your shard is not mature enough.

Seems pretty sad for Thrawn am I right? Haha
  • WindChoke wrote: »

There is no singular fleet meta.

I climb daily using Negotiator to beat Malevolence, and then switching to Malevolence to beat Negotiator.

In a developed fleet shard, nothing holds. All that matters is something that wins reliably and quickly.
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    Malevolence crushes anything on offense. It doesn't hold as well on D, but that's more than made up for by the fact that it works perfectly fine without Hound's Tooth, which every other fleet still pretty much requires.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Gul_Ski09 wrote: »
    WindChoke wrote: »

Seems pretty sad for Thrawn am I right? Haha

He has left the Chimeara, with Faro, that's why 😉😋.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Jarvind wrote: »
    Malevolence crushes anything on offense. It doesn't hold as well on D, but that's more than made up for by the fact that it works perfectly fine without Hound's Tooth, which every other fleet still pretty much requires.

Don't forget the level of investment required, a Mal fleet takes very little gear.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • WindChoke
    31 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    TVF wrote: »

Don't forget the level of investment required, a Mal fleet takes very little gear.

Good point and generally speaking true. In theory, only by one ship difference. In practice even better, a malevolence fleet can operate to its nearly full capability with just 5 ships (vulture, hyena and the three Geos, with the latters performing just fine even at g12, only spy can provide some benefit at g13). Then again it depends as many people have reliced GR and 501 for obvious reasons.
  • Akenno
    538 posts Member
    Malevolence by far... Less gear needed and you can kill every other fleet, even a maxed full relic 7 Nego fleet with a 5* Malevolence.
  • Damodamo
    1574 posts Member
    The best fleet is the one that works on your shard, someone said check your top 10, unless your in it already.

My shard, nego beat mal, mal beats nego.. nothing else comes close to top 20/30
  • Isn't Malevolence supposed to be huge? Larger than the other ships?
  • Bossk
  • tarkin fleet with tie advanced x1 can beat negotiator fleets
    no longer a f2p since i bought the hyperdrive bundle
  • For my rebel fleet, Mal is way harder to handle than Nego at same GP.
  • tarkin fleet with tie advanced x1 can beat negotiator fleets

Why is tarkin better than chimera? I prefer chimera. It has heals on the buff. Ultimate is better IMO, since it will take out the tank if it's still there. Also it's basic is another attack for tie advanced.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    edited July 2020

Hound's Tooth isn't required. It's just that a lot of people have it at a high level already and don't want to bench it in favor of something better that they'd have to gear up a pilot for. But for Rebels, Bistan and Biggs are better; for Republic 5s and either Rex or Asohka are better. Malevolence is Vulture, Hyena, and a third that I haven't bothered figuring out yet since mine is only 5* and my Hyena is only 6*. But there's usually a better option than Hound's Tooth--it's just that it fills the slot well-enough in a lot of teams and folks tend to not take ships seriously enough to work on the best line up, just the good enoughst line up.

EDIT: Off the top of my head, I think Raddus is about the only ship where Hound's Tooth is still a best opening ship. You want at least Rey's Falcon and Resistance X-Wing to start, Poe's X-Wing is too good as a reinforcement, and you need a taunt to make the AI stop being a butt to your Resistance ships. It's sort of fitting, if you think about it, that Raddus' supporting fleet is made up of whatever ships you have laying around that aren't needed in other, more team-stamped, fleets.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    @NicWester Sun Fac for the third under Mal.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Snowbird13 wrote: »
    tarkin fleet with tie advanced x1 can beat negotiator fleets

Why is tarkin better than chimera? I prefer chimera. It has heals on the buff. Ultimate is better IMO, since it will take out the tank if it's still there. Also it's basic is another attack for tie advanced.

Executrix has a leader ability that is better for Empire ships. + defense penetration effectively is offense up for TIE Advanced and TIE. With the Vader rework lots of people are going R7 on him and triple zeta.
    That's a 1-hit killer against a lot of ships behind Tarkin. Now with TIE Bomber, and EP's ship throwing taunt. Empire behind Tarkin has pretty good offense and defense.

Your ideas behind Chimaera are not bad, just Tarkin for Empire is that much better.
  • Snowbird13
    460 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    Snowbird13 wrote: »

Executrix has a leader ability that is better for Empire ships. + defense penetration effectively is offense up for TIE Advanced and TIE. With the Vader rework lots of people are going R7 on him and triple zeta.
    That's a 1-hit killer against a lot of ships behind Tarkin. Now with TIE Bomber, and EP's ship throwing taunt. Empire behind Tarkin has pretty good offense and defense.

Your ideas behind Chimaera are not bad, just Tarkin for Empire is that much better.

I run pretty much all empire ships(ITF, tie adv, tie bomber, shuttle) with HT. Chimera works better for me. It worked better than executrix at 5 star and lower levels than 6 star executrix. Thrawn and tarkin were both g10 at that point. The only time I use executrix is on offense in GAC now(leave HT back with chimera). But in fleet arena(number 1 daily) I still use chimera. Maybe once I get gauntlet running and more stars on the bomber I'll go back, but it works better for me now.
  • Antario
    996 posts Member
    I use Negotiator without HT but Rex instead. And I still beat all other fleets.

I run pretty much all empire ships(ITF, tie adv, tie bomber, shuttle) with HT. Chimera works better for me. It worked better than executrix at 5 star and lower levels than 6 star executrix. Thrawn and tarkin were both g10 at that point. The only time I use executrix is on offense in GAC now(leave HT back with chimera). But in fleet arena(number 1 daily) I still use chimera. Maybe once I get gauntlet running and more stars on the bomber I'll go back, but it works better for me now.

If you can take 1st with Chimaera then your just at a point in shard and fleet development where Chimaera is more useful for you right now. Vader at relic levels behind Tarkin with a maxed ship is a beast. Your current meta is really "Whose Thrawn explodes Houndstooth 1st wins." Which is fine, but that is not "best." A maxed Tarkin fleet can take out the 3 starter ships of any maxed Chimaera fleet before he gets his boom off because of the recent buffs.

If you can take 1st with Chimaera then your just at a point in shard and fleet development where Chimaera is more useful for you right now. Vader at relic levels behind Tarkin with a maxed ship is a beast. Your current meta is really "Whose Thrawn explodes Houndstooth 1st wins." Which is fine, but that is not "best." A maxed Tarkin fleet can take out the 3 starter ships of any maxed Chimaera fleet before he gets his boom off because of the recent buffs.

I have r7 Vader. With him getting an extra turn on chimeras basic. Works better than executrix. It will become moot when I eventually get the negotiator. I kill the HT before I get to the ultimate anyways. Vader and tie bomber kill HT fast
  • Wish they would include Vader's star destroyer
  • You should go for malevolence if you can. I can absolutely demolish negotiators no problem with mine at 6*, the only problem I face are mirror matches and that one guy with all r7 rebels