Some of the gear crunch is ridiculous

Prev13
Gouj4
416 posts Member
fu5e5y7jip06.png
I don’t mind farming for gear when you can actually farm for that gear. Stun guns and stuff like that don’t bother me but stuff like the salvage in the picture is a bit much. I need about 300, just to cover the characters I actually want to try and gear, and yet the only place I can seem to get it is the Heroic pit raid and Tier 5 of the sith raid. The pit isn’t guaranteed and my guild don’t do tier 5 of the sith raid anymore so my choices are either hope I get some from the pit raid or pay for them. I’m all for farming for gear but it’s a bit demoralising when gear isn’t even farmable. If I’m missing something and it is actually somewhere I’d love for someone to let me know where.

Replies

• Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    Yeah, what’s worse is that the rancor raid gear is also the most expensive gear piece in guild store
  • Vendi1983
    5018 posts Member
    Guild Currency store and Shard Shop both carry Mk5 Droid Callers. 420/840 for 5/10 in Guild, and I believe 252 for 3 in the shard shop.
  • Gouj4
    416 posts Member
    I thought I might have seen them in the guild store before but they haven’t been in for a couple days and then today I got the MK6 not the MK5 so assumed that’s the one I’d seen. Would still like them to be farmable in at least one place. Thanks for confirming though I’ll make sure to save my guild currency for them
  • Vendi1983
    5018 posts Member
    Yeah they're halfway down, same 2 RNG spots as the Mk 5 Fusion Furnaces, Mk6 Nubian Dinner Plates, etc etc.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    yeah, it's rough. that's how we had to farm them, from raids, not sure if they were in shops/those shops were even a thing back then. It's hard again too bc those that we didn't build back then (still) need those raid gear pieces
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • khdelboy
    754 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    I’ve got 160.

The only advice I have is to hoard your raid guild currency until you see them in the guild store. Those and stun guns are the pretty only thing I need at the moment.
  • Gouj4
    416 posts Member
    Ah that sucks, we shouldn’t have to hope they come up in the store or as a reward in one raid. Especially when you need 50 of them per toon. Even gear 12 pieces are farmable in at least one place. Same should be for any piece of salvage really.
  • UdalCuain
    4996 posts Member
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    Guild Currency store and Shard Shop both carry Mk5 Droid Callers. 420/840 for 5/10 in Guild, and I believe 252 for 3 in the shard shop.

This is accurate. And although there are far more important pieces to buy, the GAC store also stocks them.
  • All the gear pieces that are not farmable on a node are all a pain in the rear to get. Plus, their is literally always a gear crunch for them.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Guild currency is plentiful in a good guild. You can keep up from there if you're smart about who you give them to.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • DavienBlackstar
    59 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    If you're concerned with efficiency, the GAC store is the only place to get them. The only other efficiently priced items in the GAC store are the Mk6 slicing materials which I find to be MUCH less of a crunch.
  • Vendi1983
    5018 posts Member
    @DavienBlackstar no, GAC store is not THE ONLY place to get Mk5 Droid Callers.
  • DavienBlackstar
    59 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    @DavienBlackstar no, GAC store is not THE ONLY place to get Mk5 Droid Callers.

Well it's good I didn't say that! You're welcome to ignore what I said, and you're welcome to be as inefficient with your resources as you like.
  • TVF wrote: »
    Guild currency is plentiful in a good guild. You can keep up from there if you're smart about who you give them to.

Some people prefer a good of community over tryharding and being forced farmed to get good rewards. My roster is mine and YOU WILL NOT TOUCH IT!
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Also, I can see how someone in a 120m guild would think they are the only level where you can do what you want, but my 295m guild also doesn't force me to farm anything, and I get way better rewards. I have over 800 droid caller salvage and am sitting on 35k additional guild currency. Git gud at resource management and roster building, and droid callers stop being an issue.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Also, I can see how someone in a 120m guild would think they are the only level where you can do what you want, but my 295m guild also doesn't force me to farm anything, and I get way better rewards. I have over 800 droid caller salvage and am sitting on 35k additional guild currency. Git gud at resource management and roster building, and droid callers stop being an issue.

Anecdotal

Using it wrong, but nice try.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    edited July 2020

Anecdotal

Using it wrong, but nice try.

“I have...”

Anecdotal

Pad that post count though

If I can do it, other people can do it. There are solutions to the droid caller gear crunch, or any other gear that's in the guild store. It's not even close to the bottleneck that stun guns and kyros are. Sad thing is you know I'm right, but you have to just attack me every post because you can't admit that I could ever be right.

Either that or you're bad at resource management. If that's the case, listening might help instead of constantly attacking.

Good luck/bye.
  • Vendi1983
    5018 posts Member
    @DavienBlackstar I wouldn't waste limited GAC currency on Mk5 Droid Callers when, if you hold on to some Guild Currency, you can get 20 for basically the rewards from one HAAT. Or Shard Shop. Most people would be better off spending GACC on either Finisher material, or Kyros. Things you CAN'T spend Guild Currency on.

The amount of Guild Currency you can earn in a month is significantly more than what you earn in a month of GAC.
  • Gouj4
    416 posts Member
    Cheers for the advice, now I know for certain where I can focus it will be a little easier. I will say it’s definitely not a resource management issue. I’m not an end game player. No where near tbh and my Guild GP is significantly lower than any of the ones mentioned in the thread so I don’t have the luxury of sitting on guild currency like that but they’re all good people so I don’t plan on leaving any time soon. Probably wouldn’t manage to get anywhere like that anyway as most guilds I see with more power require minimum 2m GP which I’m not at yet. The droid caller was just an example I’m aware there’s gear crunches more prominent in the game This was just an example from my point of view. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction though, will help in the long run
  • DavienBlackstar
    59 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    @DavienBlackstar I wouldn't waste limited GAC currency on Mk5 Droid Callers when, if you hold on to some Guild Currency, you can get 20 for basically the rewards from one HAAT. Or Shard Shop. Most people would be better off spending GACC on either Finisher material, or Kyros. Things you CAN'T spend Guild Currency on.

The amount of Guild Currency you can earn in a month is significantly more than what you earn in a month of GAC.

Relative income may factor into the tradeoffs you choose, but that doesn't change the math. Finishers and Kyros are relatively expensive there, it's not an efficient place to get them.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member

Relative income may factor into the tradeoffs you choose, but that doesn't change the math. Finishers and Kyros are relatively expensive there, it's not an efficient place to get them.

What other choices do you have though? Unless you don't care about one of the two meta fleets you can't use GET2, and farming from energy will prevent you from farming toons and ships from those tables.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member

What other choices do you have though? Unless you don't care about one of the two meta fleets you can't use GET2, and farming from energy will prevent you from farming toons and ships from those tables.

Exactly, so perhaps CG can make meaningful changes in order to alleviate the gear crunch in certain aspects; like the ones that have been around since day one. At this point the new wall should be getting the relic gear and finishers. The grind of getting to G12+ should’ve been alleviated a long time ago now.
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »

Exactly, so perhaps CG can make meaningful changes in order to alleviate the gear crunch in certain aspects; like the ones that have been around since day one. At this point the new wall should be getting the relic gear and finishers. The grind of getting to G12+ should’ve been alleviated a long time ago now.
    Why? Where’s the money in that?
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

I'm glad you agree that mk5 droid callers are not a problem.
  • MK5s aren't that bad late game. As far as being farmable for energy, they can add that I suppose but it isn't really needed. Between the guild store, gac store, and shard shop they are available. I prefer to use my energy farming shards anyway and I don't see had node characters going away anytime soon.

Stun guns are the real crunch. Hopefully they are a reward for the new Galactic challenges. But they really just need to make them challenge gear at this point. Another tier to the challenges that gives gear we actually need is probably the most needed qol in the game right now.
  • DavienBlackstar
    59 posts Member
    edited July 2020

Well we found another tradeoff. Energy is the most efficient way to get a lot of things, including shards and some gear. Tension! I think that's what makes games challenging.

Kyros have one of the lowest premiums over farming cost on their direct crystal cost, so buying those for crystals makes sense if you're impatient and ever spend crystals on gear.
  • Fanatic
    415 posts Member

Some people prefer a good of community over tryharding and being forced farmed to get good rewards. My roster is mine and YOU WILL NOT TOUCH IT!

Being in a 'good guild' and being part of a 'good community' are not mutually exclusive.