C3PO Event Bias / Rigging?

Prev1
Firstly I’m not 100% accusing CG of anything ok so don’t start attacking me just yet CG apologists. This event is infuriating I know but it just seems so rigged. My g10-12 team with TOP mods I’ve drawn from my padme and JKR team is ridiculously slow and when I manage to kill Chewbacca or someone else , out of nowhere my toons on 70% turn meter get one hit by a HAN on like 20. Whenever I’m about to get a revive, my wok elder gets hit for 30K and exposed by a Han on like 10% turn meter. Whenever I need to use a key ability, either someone taunts or I’m killed by ridiculous numbers by enemy toons with low turn meter. I even modded some of the guys for tenacity and yet every debuff possible was still landed.

Now , my friend In my guild who used G12 and a half toons saw less debuffs being applied and the AI being more stupid, easily completing the event thanks for the AI being more stupid and him having more turns despite some of my toons actually being modded faster. He WHALED AND SPENT MONEY. Yes he had more damage output and survivability but with the same toons he walked through the event clearly cos of certain AI and preloaded changes. Has anyone else seen this cos as of now it looks like Gear level and money spent decided the difficulty ( which in a 6 vs 5 can be controlled easily ), not strategy and mods. It certainly looks like CG have possibly rigged this events difficulty and biased it against more F2P players or strategies. IK this isn’t RNG cos it happens 100% of the time for me where the AI gets lucky and perfect combos and prevents me doing so, but not more guild mates who simply paid for gear and shards

Replies

• Has anyone else witnesses not just in this event clear signs of this? Funny how it doesn’t effect easy, F2P events like R2D2, Palpatine etc
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    1) what tier of the event?
    2) which Ewoks?
    3) show us these "TOP mods"

Of course your friend had an easier time with a full g12+ squad. Gear matters.
  • Vendi1983
    5018 posts Member
    I used G10-11 and only Elder G12. One zeta. Non-arena grade mods and was able to do the final tier in about 3 attempts. I also had Wicket and Logray.

It's not a PvP/F2P conspiracy.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    This is a pretty far-fetched conspiracy theory.

See above post, and then tell me how one player who spends getting luckier than a player who doesn’t spend is a firm data base for saying that “CG rigged this events difficulty against F2P players.” For my perspective, I’ve seen so many F2P players with a 7* C3PO and zero or one G12 ewoks.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Title says "bias/rigging". First sentence says "not accusing". Then the post accuses of rigging. Second post also implies rigged events.

-4,234,738 for dishonesty.

There are literally thousands of f2p players with C3P0.

There's no conspiracy - your either having bad rng, don't have "top mods" or just need a little more gear on those furrballls.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • 7* 3PO here and 0 g12 Ewoks. Git Gud
  • Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    When I unlock C3PO I had only 10-11 gear ewoks, with 2 zetas - on chirpa and wicket. To be honest they are still on that level...

What Ewoks do you use? As far as I remember Wicket and Logray are essential
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Wait a minute, you mean to say someone with g12+ toons was able to complete the event more easily than someone with much less gear? There’s no doubt in my mind that’s clear evidence of something all right!
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Paploo's Defense UP does a surprisingly effective job at reducing incoming damage, but it requires assists, which are random under Chirpa's lead, and thus not particularly reliable. Of course, many ewoks have non-random assist calls, which helps for those ewoks.

It's important also to get and keep Elder under stealth.

I did the event with g10/g11 ewoks - I think it was 4xg11 but I'm not totally sure on that & I did have at least one g10. I had 3 zetas - the two you have and Logray. With Logray & Wicket you have a lot of healing. You could drop one on Paploo as well, but it wasn't remotely necessary for me.

I'm not sure which healing zeta would have been better if I was only doing it with 2 zetas, but my guess is logray, given the mechanics.

But still, the teams aren't that different, yours and mine. It may very well come down to strategy. Are you using the Chirpa mass assist AFTER the ewoks are buffed? Are you going for Retribution right away to get the most out-of-turn crits possible and power up your healing? Are you keeping Elder under stealth?

Not sure what's up, but the team you're describing can do this. If you are having trouble and strategy guides aren't helping or you just can't spend that much effort on the event, then go ahead and add the 3rd zeta. It definitely helps.
  • LordGrahck
    344 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    The team I used was zChirpa at g10, Paploo at g11, Elder at g11, Teebo at g11, and Logray at g11. The main tactic, once I figured it out, was turn meter removal and dispel buffs. Going in with arrows flying won't cut it. Heaven forbid, you might have to think it through, but there is no conspiracy.
  • @TrevorPhillphs here‘s your problem:

h3dw0cq92yg4.jpeg

You are lowballing the event, and you have ignored 2 of the best Ewoks for this event. Logray and Wicket are far and away better options than Teebo and Scout. Taking scout to g12 is something you’ll come to regret, I’m sure.

It’s hard to tell which guild mate you’re talking about, but when I looked on swgoh.gg absolutely all your guild mates with a profile have Logray and Wicket at 7* and I’m quite certain they used them.

As for your general conspiracy theory, you really need to take a step back and ask yourself some questions next time. For example, if you’re finding an event tougher than a guild mate, and:
    - you aren’t using the same toons as your guild mates
    - You aren’t using the same gear levels as your guild mates
    - You don’t have the same number of zetas applied as your guild mates
    - You aren’t using the same quality of mods as your guild mates (only one of your toons is eligible for 6 dot mods)

Then it really beggars belief that you would look to blame an AI that detects whether or not you’ve spent money for making the event harder for you.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    @TrevorPhillphs here‘s your problem:

h3dw0cq92yg4.jpeg

You are lowballing the event, and you have ignored 2 of the best Ewoks for this event. Logray and Wicket are far and away better options than Teebo and Scout. Taking scout to g12 is something you’ll come to regret, I’m sure.

It’s hard to tell which guild mate you’re talking about, but when I looked on swgoh.gg absolutely all your guild mates with a profile have Logray and Wicket at 7* and I’m quite certain they used them.

As for your general conspiracy theory, you really need to take a step back and ask yourself some questions next time. For example, if you’re finding an event tougher than a guild mate, and:
    - You aren’t using the same quality of mods as your guild mates (only one of your toons is eligible for 6 dot mods)

Then it really beggars belief that you would look to blame an AI that detects whether or not you’ve spent money for making the event harder for you.

This 100%. You basically HAVE to have 2 of 3 out of Wicket, Paploo, and Logray. You only have 1 which will be nearly impossible without way more gear.
  • khdelboy
    754 posts Member
    I’m a F2P for 5 years and I got C3PO. Not easy, but I got him. The reason why it’s not easy as I was pretty undergeared at the time, just like the Thrawn, CLS and Palpatine events.

So definitely not rigged.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Yeah above posts. Also, and especially if you’re running only Paploo and OG ewoks, I would zeta Paploo. Very useful, makes up for his little to no damage with survivability.

Overall, looks like you have farming to do.
  • m0m3e5wf7otx.png

I used these ewoks at this gear and beat the event. Not insane mods, but understanding how to actually beat the event and the strategy. It's actually an easy event but I really hated wasting the zeta on chirpa. Get chirpa at that gear without the z, then play around with it. Until then, no dice. If you struggle, add the z, but I'm sure it's not actually required.
  • nabokovfan
    535 posts Member
    edited July 2020

h3dw0cq92yg4.jpeg

Cannot do the event without logray. He is absolutely required.

Edit: Teebo is a savior in this event. Removes taunt.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    The fun thing about this particular conspiracy is that it's as if CG will allow proven spenders to spend less...to earn less? K
  • "Yes he had more damage output and survivability"

I solved the mystery.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Firstly I’m not 100% accusing CG of anything ok so don’t start attacking me just yet CG apologists.

Yes, you are. Don't pretend you're not. Don't be shy. It's alright.

This event is infuriating I know but it just seems so rigged. My g10-12 team with TOP mods I’ve drawn from my padme and JKR team is ridiculously slow....

Top mods and ridiculously slow? Please elaborate.

If you need to speed things up put a fast tanking set on Paploo. He receives a speed bonus. If he calls ewok elder your whole team can gain bonus turn meter.
    ... and when I manage to kill Chewbacca or someone else , out of nowhere my toons on 70% turn meter get one hit by a HAN on like 20. Whenever I’m about to get a revive, my wok elder gets hit for 30K and exposed by a Han on like 10% turn meter. Whenever I need to use a key ability, either someone taunts or I’m killed by ridiculous numbers by enemy toons with low turn meter.

Your enemies only take a turn if at 100% TM. If they attack when at low TM they attack out of turn in which case TM is irrelevant.
    I even modded some of the guys for tenacity and yet every debuff possible was still landed.

Now , my friend In my guild who used G12 and a half toons saw less debuffs being applied and the AI being more stupid, easily completing the event thanks for the AI being more stupid and him having more turns despite some of my toons actually being modded faster.

RNG plays a role even when modding for tenacity. Keep trying until you get good RNG.
    He WHALED AND SPENT MONEY. Yes he had more damage output and survivability but with the same toons he walked through the event clearly cos of certain AI and preloaded changes.

I highly doubt he walked through the event using scout and g9 Teebo instead of Logray and Wicket. He's probably just pulling your leg.
    Has anyone else seen this cos as of now it looks like Gear level and money spent decided the difficulty ( which in a 6 vs 5 can be controlled easily ), not strategy and mods. It certainly looks like CG have possibly rigged this events difficulty and biased it against more F2P players or strategies.

Of course gear levels influence the difficulty. What did you expect? Team composition does as well. Money spent? I didn't notice anything unusual.
    IK this isn’t RNG cos it happens 100% of the time for me where the AI gets lucky and perfect combos and prevents me doing so, but not more guild mates who simply paid for gear and shards

And now you also know that your team composition is weak for that event. Why didn't you farm Logray and Wicket?
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    I used G10-11 and only Elder G12. One zeta. Non-arena grade mods and was able to do the final tier in about 3 attempts. I also had Wicket and Logray.

It's not a PvP/F2P conspiracy.

Same. Recently replayed and got my butt kicked. But ive 3 starred it in the past
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Also id still say chewy event was more difficult.

My ewoks:
    qzeaf6eqox3s.jpg

My journey guide:
    n7ur039trsje.jpg

Its not super easy... but again its about keeping elder alive.

You revive and heal. Then grind the rebels down
  • ji1a8kj7ozkl.png
    What’s who I used. Good mods, but as it has been brought up before hand, you have to have 2 of the 3 key Ewoks, being wicket, Paploo and logray. Having only one makes the event nigh impossible at lower gear levels. If you want to do that, g12 with zetas is kinda like the minimum for a solid run...

Taking elder to g12 does make the event easier though
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Title says "bias/rigging". First sentence says "not accusing". Then the post accuses of rigging. Second post also implies rigged events.

There's no conspiracy - your either having bad rng, don't have "top mods" or just need a little more gear on those furrballls.

Before you start accusing a reasonable post of dishonesty, take the top idot award,

You have -4,234,738 for re-tardiism.

Nikobitch calm down and know your place.
    If one thing on these forums is certain, it’s that you have no idea what constitutes a reasonable post.

A guy using the wrong Ewoks at sub standard gear levels is complaining that another guy using the correct Ewoks at the correct gear levels finds an event easier than him. This is not reasonable.

That’s not what he complained about. Look at the facts before you try and come at me like that fam. You avent got a chance stop begging for attention
  • ji1a8kj7ozkl.png
    What’s who I used. Good mods, but as it has been brought up before hand, you have to have 2 of the 3 key Ewoks, being wicket, Paploo and logray. Having only one makes the event nigh impossible at lower gear levels. If you want to do that, g12 with zetas is kinda like the minimum for a solid run...

He has paploo
  • ZAP wrote: »
    nabokovfan wrote: »

h3dw0cq92yg4.jpeg

Cannot do the event without logray. He is absolutely required.

Edit: Teebo is a savior in this event. Removes taunt.

I did the event without logray, he’s absolutely not required.

Someone with sense. Logary makes it easier tho
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »

Before you start accusing a reasonable post of dishonesty, take the top idot award,

You have -4,234,738 for re-tardiism.

Nikobitch calm down and know your place.
    If one thing on these forums is certain, it’s that you have no idea what constitutes a reasonable post.

A guy using the wrong Ewoks at sub standard gear levels is complaining that another guy using the correct Ewoks at the correct gear levels finds an event easier than him. This is not reasonable.

That’s not what he complained about. Look at the facts before you try and come at me like that fam. You avent got a chance stop begging for attention
    I did look at the facts. You should read them. Even if his guild mate did use the same toons (which I doubt) they are vastly better geared and have more of the zetas.

And the OP is suggesting that events are more difficult based on whether or not you’ve spent money.

No matter, your next ban won’t be far away I’m sure.
  • Mupper00
    124 posts Member
    I done it with 4 g10 and logray my only g11 ( with no extra pieces ).

It was hard and took me a good couple of hours for the right rng and remodding.

CG can you please find it in your hearts to lower the difficulty for the OP, Jebus!!
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    ji1a8kj7ozkl.png

ji1a8kj7ozkl.png

He has paploo

uhh...
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Indominable_J
    1812 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    Gifafi wrote: »
    ji1a8kj7ozkl.png

ji1a8kj7ozkl.png

He has paploo

uhh...

Counting is hard?