Some of the gear crunch is ridiculous

Replies

• Ravens1113 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    @DavienBlackstar I wouldn't waste limited GAC currency on Mk5 Droid Callers when, if you hold on to some Guild Currency, you can get 20 for basically the rewards from one HAAT. Or Shard Shop. Most people would be better off spending GACC on either Finisher material, or Kyros. Things you CAN'T spend Guild Currency on.

The amount of Guild Currency you can earn in a month is significantly more than what you earn in a month of GAC.

Relative income may factor into the tradeoffs you choose, but that doesn't change the math. Finishers and Kyros are relatively expensive there, it's not an efficient place to get them.

What other choices do you have though? Unless you don't care about one of the two meta fleets you can't use GET2, and farming from energy will prevent you from farming toons and ships from those tables.

Exactly, so perhaps CG can make meaningful changes in order to alleviate the gear crunch in certain aspects; like the ones that have been around since day one. At this point the new wall should be getting the relic gear and finishers. The grind of getting to G12+ should’ve been alleviated a long time ago now.
    Why? Where’s the money in that?

Less of a gear grind for earlier tiers (G11 is very useless against G13 and above now) keeps players on the game. The longer they are on the game means they are more likely to spend with longevity or to push their final gearing at the end. CG def knows how to get krakens and whales to spend but are awful at getting guppies and dolphins to keep spending.
  • TVF
    36523 posts Member
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    @DavienBlackstar I wouldn't waste limited GAC currency on Mk5 Droid Callers when, if you hold on to some Guild Currency, you can get 20 for basically the rewards from one HAAT. Or Shard Shop. Most people would be better off spending GACC on either Finisher material, or Kyros. Things you CAN'T spend Guild Currency on.

The amount of Guild Currency you can earn in a month is significantly more than what you earn in a month of GAC.

Relative income may factor into the tradeoffs you choose, but that doesn't change the math. Finishers and Kyros are relatively expensive there, it's not an efficient place to get them.

What other choices do you have though? Unless you don't care about one of the two meta fleets you can't use GET2, and farming from energy will prevent you from farming toons and ships from those tables.

Exactly, so perhaps CG can make meaningful changes in order to alleviate the gear crunch in certain aspects; like the ones that have been around since day one. At this point the new wall should be getting the relic gear and finishers. The grind of getting to G12+ should’ve been alleviated a long time ago now.

Less of a gear grind for earlier tiers (G11 is very useless against G13 and above now) keeps players on the game. The longer they are on the game means they are more likely to spend with longevity or to push their final gearing at the end. CG def knows how to get krakens and whales to spend but are awful at getting guppies and dolphins to keep spending.

And you know this how?

CG has numbers. We don't. We're all just guessing. Including you.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Fanatic wrote: »
    Guild currency is plentiful in a good guild. You can keep up from there if you're smart about who you give them to.

Some people prefer a good of community over tryharding and being forced farmed to get good rewards. My roster is mine and YOU WILL NOT TOUCH IT!

Being in a 'good guild' and being part of a 'good community' are not mutually exclusive.

I don’t know, from my experience that is most certainly the case, because just about every last guild I’d seen when I was looking for one to join that had a galactic power requirement of 2 million or above to join typically also had some requirement to have one or more specific characters to join as well, therefore requiring people to “farm” for characters that they may not even want or care about just to join. Then there are guilds like one I had joined since they didn’t say in their description that any characters were required, that then tried to force people to get go for those specific legendary and journey type characters or be threatened to be kicked out if they didn’t, and people weren’t even allowed to “farm” characters they wanted unless those characters were not considered “useless.”
  • Fanatic
    415 posts Member
    HKFactory wrote: »
    Fanatic wrote: »
    Guild currency is plentiful in a good guild. You can keep up from there if you're smart about who you give them to.

Some people prefer a good of community over tryharding and being forced farmed to get good rewards. My roster is mine and YOU WILL NOT TOUCH IT!

Being in a 'good guild' and being part of a 'good community' are not mutually exclusive.

I don’t know, from my experience that is most certainly the case, because just about every last guild I’d seen when I was looking for one to join that had a galactic power requirement of 2 million or above to join typically also had some requirement to have one or more specific characters to join as well, therefore requiring people to “farm” for characters that they may not even want or care about just to join. Then there are guilds like one I had joined since they didn’t say in their description that any characters were required, that then tried to force people to get go for those specific legendary and journey type characters or be threatened to be kicked out if they didn’t, and people weren’t even allowed to “farm” characters they wanted unless those characters were not considered “useless.”

I did put 'good guild' and 'good community' in quotes for a reason. I personally would consider a guild community to be good if the community collectively works on the same focus. If that means beating HSTR, then everyone needs to build up teams that can take down 5%+ in each phase. Same for HAAT when it first came out. For my guild the current focus it LS/DSTB teams - we don't specify what specific characters - though we have in the past when people have been aimless. And a good guild, IMO, is one that will kick players that don't particpate in TB (or whatever the guilds focus is), without real life reasons. Or are doing things like giving luminari her zeta and gearing up their tuskens when they are completing 0 cm waves in the tb, etc. I'm not opposed to someone gearing up tuskens as a side project, for fun, but they need to be a contributing member to the guild community and guild goals before they do something like that.

But then, I didn't join a guild for the social aspect. I have neighbors, and family, and friends when I want social company. I joined the guild for the focused direction aspect.
  • TVF wrote: »

And you know this how?

It’s actually common business practice. Keep your existing customers happy so they recommend you to others. Those new customers come in, spend, are kept happy and the cycle repeats.

It doesn’t take a massive statistical analysis to know that if CG did more for its player base as a whole (I.e alleviate day one gear crunches) it would build trust in them and would then alleviate fears or reservations to spending, even modestly.
  • Devian
    663 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    Gouj4 wrote: »
    I don’t mind farming for gear when you can actually farm for that gear. Stun guns and stuff like that don’t bother me but stuff like the salvage in the picture is a bit much. I need about 300, just to cover the characters I actually want to try and gear, and yet the only place I can seem to get it is the Heroic pit raid and Tier 5 of the sith raid. The pit isn’t guaranteed and my guild don’t do tier 5 of the sith raid anymore so my choices are either hope I get some from the pit raid or pay for them. I’m all for farming for gear but it’s a bit demoralising when gear isn’t even farmable. If I’m missing something and it is actually somewhere I’d love for someone to let me know where.
    It's better to leave it as is, or we'll gonna farm Arakyd kryotech that has 1/40 drop rate but costs 8000 crystals per full piece and read another post of how actually easier it is to farm now. With awesome graphics of how in devs view everything actually got better then it was before

And you know this how?

It’s actually common business practice. Keep your existing customers happy so they recommend you to others. Those new customers come in, spend, are kept happy and the cycle repeats.

It doesn’t take a massive statistical analysis to know that if CG did more for its player base as a whole (I.e alleviate day one gear crunches) it would build trust in them and would then alleviate fears or reservations to spending, even modestly.
    But it does take a massive guess to “know” this.

• TVF
    36523 posts Member
    Everyone thinks they know how a business that rakes in massive cash can earn even more cash. In truth, they just want more stuff for themselves.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Everyone thinks they know how a business that rakes in massive cash can earn even more cash. In truth, they just want more stuff for themselves.

Lmao you got me!

“I want more stuff, please have a better business model to make me actually want to spend money”

Worst thing in the world if they actually show good faith to their community to build trust in spending....sigh.
  • TVF
    36523 posts Member

Lmao you got me!

“I want more stuff, please have a better business model to make me actually want to spend money”

Worst thing in the world if they actually show good faith to their community to build trust in spending....sigh.

lol

Lmao you got me!

But you’ve been very vocal about stopping spending. Of course you want them to give you more stuff, but what’s in it for them?
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member

Lmao you got me!

But you’ve been very vocal about stopping spending. Of course you want them to give you more stuff, but what’s in it for them?

My personal spending freeze is because of how they’ve been doing things. If they do better, oh look I start spending and supporting them financially again
  • So them “doing better” would be giving more stuff, which gives you less reason to spend?
  • TVF
    36523 posts Member
    ZAP wrote: »

Their ridiculous business model and how they treat the community works great for them and me. They rake in tons of cash and I won’t give them a single cent.

So everyone wins I guess.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member

Lmao you got me!

My personal spending freeze is because of how they’ve been doing things. If they do better, oh look I start spending and supporting them financially again

Amen and I know we are not the only ones that feel this way.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    So them “doing better” would be giving more stuff, which gives you less reason to spend?

Sigh....no.

I used to be fairly active in spending up until RJT was released. I think I spent about $500-$750 to that point. Once they did the short release of the vets only to have them has reqs with only just under two weeks of farming for both on high end cantina nodes (16 energy) I pulled by spending back. It was a red flag of things to come in my mind and I wasn’t wrong. Massive panic farms, high paywalls, more gear bottlenecks, etc.

I get that games like this have requirements as it matures to induce more spending. However as they do that, they usually make old walls easier to break through, not keep one chokepoint up, massively unchanged.

GL’s were the pinnacle of this. The gear sink and character reqs is insane and i feel bad for those that spent or sacrificed so many other teams to get one character (or both) which have needed massive overhauls to this point to make them the top teams they were supposed to be designed for.

I don’t want free stuff honestly. I want fair progression and maturity of the game. It shouldn’t be a massive resource sink to get characters to G8 or G9 because of stun gun sinks or kyro sinks. Then to face that same wall again at g10/11 and 12.

If you want to ague that all these gear chokeholds from day one are ok thane we will not agree. I understand G13 or relics being the stonewalled gate with finishers or the HSTR g12+ gear. But gear needed for G8 should not be in such short supply as it is. Other practices they do with panic farms (all the time say for recently with JKL which was fair to an extent say for relic Lando, CHS and ROLO), not listening to their players on difficulty in events like LSGeo, or no real new content for almost a year (outside the assault tiers) does not make me want to spend.
  • Last time i checked store in grossing swgoh was in 46th place,having the largest ip in the world that says many things,that their business model is trash,they arent even that smart to make way more money.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    Last time i checked store in grossing swgoh was in 46th place,having the largest ip in the world that says many things,that their business model is trash,they arent even that smart to make way more money.

MSF made like 4 million more and had 300k more downloads then SWGOh in June. The model is the same. The difference is that MSF communicates(Facebook, Reddit, discord, blogpost), gives free stuff, has great packs regularly, refreshes their stores, and updates weekly. Can SWGOH make more money if they did these things? Without a doubt.
    GL’s were the pinnacle of this. The gear sink and character reqs is insane and i feel bad for those that spent or sacrificed so many other teams to get one character (or both) which have needed massive overhauls to this point to make them the top teams they were supposed to be designed for.

About that: I'm pretty sure if the GL were "Luke, son of Vader" and "Vader, father of Luke", the very high requirements would have been more easily accepted. The fact that the new trilogy is not wildly popular among star wars fans played a huge role in the reception of the new GL concept imo.

• Starslayer wrote: »

About that: I'm pretty sure if the GL were "Luke, son of Vader" and "Vader, father of Luke", the very high requirements would have been more easily accepted. The fact that the new trilogy is not wildly popular among star wars fans played a huge role in the reception of the new GL concept imo.

The gear sink would still be seen as massive but definitely more welcome with such iconic characters for sure. Especially Jedi luke
  • twstdbydsn
    1101 posts Member
    some of the gear crunch? just some?
  • TVF
    36523 posts Member
    twstdbydsn wrote: »

Yes.

• twstdbydsn
    1101 posts Member

Yes.

it all sucks
  • TVF
    36523 posts Member

Yes.

it all sucks

disagree
  • twstdbydsn
    1101 posts Member

Yes.

it all sucks

disagree

I can't help it if you are wrong. :p
  • TVF
    36523 posts Member

Yes.

it all sucks

disagree

I can't help it if you are wrong. :p

It might suck for you, I can't argue that. You are not quite yet 4m gp yet, at some point (with good resource management) you will be swimming in things like mk5 medpacs, mk9 datapads, mk6 nub techs, mk7 sec scans, etc.

Even droid callers are possible. I need 800 droid callers for my FO team / SLKR gear once I'm ready to start applying the gear. I have 950 right now.