Make separate GAC brackets simultaneously, 1 3v3, 1 5v5

You can then see metrics of which mode is more popular, and I have a hunch that 3v3 will have such low turnout that maybe, JUST MAYBE
if you don't have water on the brain CG...
you'll realize that such a small minority of people prefer 3v3, that you won't do it ever again.
It breaks counterplay, leaves people with leftovers that don't fit into a team with any sort of synergy, and punishes people who build around the game's normal 5v5 mode, the way the game was actually designed.

Replies

• Mastersbgames
    222 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    I mean, whilst it the game is primarily build around 5v5, doing 3v3 occasionally does give GAC some degree of strategy. You have to think about what you are going to use, instead of just meta teams... for instance, I was able to take out a reliced nightsister team using old Ben lead and droideka. DDK has +40% evasion with old Ben, plus the 30% turn meter, it was taking turn after turn. It was amazing to watch

Also, in 5v5, you still do underdogging. Taking in less than needed to score extra points. In 3v3, it levels the playing field. And if you can’t find use for some characters, maybe think about where they could place
  • Yado101
    144 posts Member
    3v3 adds a new element of strategy that 5v5 doesn’t have. 5v5s are just the same teams over and over again, but in 3v3 we see some variation to what GAC normally is. I generally prefer 5v5 but the strategy in 3v3 is fun and different challenge.
  • Yado101 wrote: »
    3v3 adds a new element of strategy that 5v5 doesn’t have. 5v5s are just the same teams over and over again, but in 3v3 we see some variation to what GAC normally is. I generally prefer 5v5 but the strategy in 3v3 is fun and different challenge.

3v3 makes some units not very counterable unless you 2 shot them. There are 5v5 counters to GL's and DR/Malak, but in a 3 man, they become a lot less able to be countered unless you mirror with faster mods.
  • and we had 3v3 just the GAC before last, this is not "once in awhile" it's frequent.
  • Daishi
    718 posts Member
    I enjoy both. But I gotta say I prefer 3v3 BECAUSE the rest of the game is 5v5. It's nice to have something different to challenge the mind
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    xGriiMErZ wrote: »
    I hate 3v3, its not fun at all, those with money win

Yeah, no. Lazy argument.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • I am good with both to be honest. 5v5 is a little stale and it's always the same set ups you are facing. 3v3 weird stuff can happen.

Though i am in a low division and don't have GL, which maybe shouldn't be allowed in 3v3 but that's just my opinion.
  • I actually prefer 3v3 now. It is nice to be able to compete for a change. In 5v5 the guy with 1m gp is always going to win, but in 3v3 I have won 3 out of my last 4 matches even though I have less gp every time.
  • DarjeloSalas
    9944 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    TVF wrote: »

Yeah, no. Lazy argument.

Must you be everywhere? And comment on everything? Do you have zero life? Its a fact that if you can buy something as its released, you'll have the advantage and most likely win, 3v3 is for people with GLs to act like they matter. Get off your high horse bud. Not sure whats worse, you or the WORLDS FIRST stuff
    In what way is 3v3 different from 5v5 for people who buy something as it’s released?

And are you saying only people who spend win?

The “those who spend, win” argument is the get out clause of the weak player.
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    Like I said, lazy.
  • xGriiMErZ wrote: »
    Like I said, lazy.

Zero life, as I said.

You know, you wasting time with this argument would also mean you have zero life.
  • xGriiMErZ wrote: »

Yeah, no. Lazy argument.

Must you be everywhere? And comment on everything? Do you have zero life? Its a fact that if you can buy something as its released, you'll have the advantage and most likely win, 3v3 is for people with GLs to act like they matter. Get off your high horse bud. Not sure whats worse, you or the WORLDS FIRST ****
    In what way is 3v3 different from 5v5 for people who buy something as it’s released?

And are you saying only people who spend win?

The “those who spend, win” argument is the get out clause of the weak player.

"Most likely" as I said
    Not in your first post you didn’t.

“Those with money win”.
  • Daishi
    718 posts Member
    The butthead in my shard (guy climbs at all hours, buys every new meta character and ruins everyone's payout, snipes people just before their payout). He's a spender and has the new meta characters. But his GAC rank is always terrible. 3v3 or 5v5 has little to do with spending and everything to do with ability to know the kits and how to theorycraft a counter.

The people who hate 3v3 are generally those who don't understand kits and want someone to spoon feed them a counter to practice. While those who enjoy 3v3, usually are those who enjoy the challenge of trying to understand how to counter odd mixups
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator

Yeah, no. Lazy argument.

Must you be everywhere? And comment on everything? Do you have zero life? Its a fact that if you can buy something as its released, you'll have the advantage and most likely win, 3v3 is for people with GLs to act like they matter. Get off your high horse bud. Not sure whats worse, you or the WORLDS FIRST ****
    You can get a GL without buying, as many have been able to, so complaining about them at this stage is pointless
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »

Yeah, no. Lazy argument.

You can get a GL without buying, as many have been able to, so complaining about them at this stage is pointless

Nah it makes people that lose feel better, so not pointless.
  • TVF wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »

Yeah, no. Lazy argument.

Nah it makes people that lose feel better, so not pointless.
    Reasons I win:
    - my own brilliance

Reasons I lose:
    - unfair matchmaking
    - p2w scum
    - Broken game mode

It’s amazing how many complaining forumers don’t realise that every time they win, their stock argument could be flipped and applied to them.
  • Daishi wrote: »
    The butthead in my shard (guy climbs at all hours, buys every new meta character and ruins everyone's payout, snipes people just before their payout). He's a spender and has the new meta characters. But his GAC rank is always terrible. 3v3 or 5v5 has little to do with spending and everything to do with ability to know the kits and how to theorycraft a counter.

The people who hate 3v3 are generally those who don't understand kits and want someone to spoon feed them a counter to practice. While those who enjoy 3v3, usually are those who enjoy the challenge of trying to understand how to counter odd mixups

You can understand a kit just fine but a character can still overpower you.
    What's your theorycrafted Supreme Leader Kylo Ren 3v3 counters?
    What's your counter to DR Malak and Fallen Bastila in 3v3?
    GL's and Malak are super strong characters alone and beating them normally takes accessory characters like 3PO that you cannot fit into a 3v3 team. Malak will just drain your team out one by one.