Is there a purpose

Prev1
Will i ever be able to catch up to my arena shard?i made a lot of breaks so my shard is full with DR+Malak GAS and GL...i run padme and even she is 6*...so will i ever be able to catch up?or should i just hoard everything for the next meta and stay with padme in arena?...or give up on arena and just focus on squads that are fun/good in TB or TW...https://swgoh.gg/p/777675752/
I know this is a game so fun is the only priority but i still want to be good

Replies

• Try to get Jedi Luke next time he comes
  • Is he good in arena?
  • I think he can beat SLKR but i dont have him so i m not expert
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    If you keep taking breaks then no you will never catch up.
  • But will i without breakes?like for example i get gas in like 4 months...there is a new meta...i probably need months for again...and the moment i get that a new meta is there
  • But will i without breakes?like for example i get gas in like 4 months...there is a new meta...i probably need months for again...and the moment i get that a new meta is there
    Then there’s the good old fashioned hoard technique, so you’re ready to splash out on a newer meta when it arrives.

But that’s much harder to do without a decent crystal income.
  • Lysandrax
    1127 posts Member
    No, do not go jedi luke if you want to be arena competitive.
  • Yado101
    144 posts Member
    I’m in the same boat, I’ve taken breaks and am miles behind my shard. The only way to catch up is to hoard for the next meta, which is incredibly boring. You could also get lucky and predict the next meta, but that would be extremely hard.
  • People keep stating if you are behind because of breaks that "you can hoard for the next meta." Do any of you have evidence that such a technique is possible for a F2Per? I really don't think it is. If your behind then you're likely just top 100-200 if you are good. So you get marginally worth-mentioning crystal income. Save for 6 months. Then you got generously at 200 crystals a day that's 36000 crystals over 6 months to start buying packs. Can 36000 Crystal's worth of packs get you anything other than repeated kick in the **** depression? If I hoarded Crystal's for 6 months to open the abysmal packs and got garbage I would turn into this guy
    https://youtu.be/BvdXh5BQaIs

I think the hoarding concept is 1 that is theoretically possible but not realistic.

Your real options are:
    - quit
    - stop taking time off
    - pay $
    - suck it up
    - combinations thereof
  • Mhm so the only way to get top again is to get the next meta...i think i can get top 150 or something with a maxed padme...so i think i will go for 3po and after that start hoarding even though i am f2p
  • Gouj4
    416 posts Member
    I’d like if they shuffled the shards a little although I know it’ll never happen. I’m at 1.2m gp and the top of my shard is 7.5m, the rest of the top 50 all have GL’s or GAS. Don’t really have a chance of catching up. Luckily my fleet shard is to my level so I can finish top 10 there. I’d have next to no source of crystals otherwise
  • Lysandrax
    1127 posts Member
    Being f2p isn't that hard. It really needs to stop being used as a) a badge of honour. b) the reason why you aren't at the top of your arena.

If you are carefully planning how you use what then you can v easily take top spots in many aspects of the game, except the ones CAW patrol occupies because there are constant posts here reminding me that they are the coolest.

If you're consistently taking time off from the game?
    You're not realistically going to take top spots in arena. That's just how the game works and money spent by others isn't even close to being a primary factor.

I'd suggest working on aspects you enjoy about the game, GAC might be good because taking time away has less of an impact here.
    If you really want to become competitive then take a deep breath and work on a GL, it'll take you a year but a 500+ speed toon that can't be stunned and stat builds throughout a battle is not leaving the meta any time soon.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    I was always way behind in my shard bc I didn't even find the forums or vids or anything until over a year after I started, and I didn't git gud until I got jkr and modded jolee correctly so I got to #1, so there is hope imo, altho it seems like it may be harder these days with relic'd metas, but idk.

#1 thing is focus. you need padme at 7* and your jka is 5*. You won't get anywhere without focus, and multiple breaks will make it that much harder
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Gouj4 wrote: »
    I’d like if they shuffled the shards a little although I know it’ll never happen. I’m at 1.2m gp and the top of my shard is 7.5m, the rest of the top 50 all have GL’s or GAS. Don’t really have a chance of catching up. Luckily my fleet shard is to my level so I can finish top 10 there. I’d have next to no source of crystals otherwise

If you came to my shard it would cost you $3000 to catch up
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    Gouj4 wrote: »

Your shard? OK.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    I know this is a game so fun is the only priority but i still want to be good

Would you have fun trying to catch up? If you would, then go ahead and see how far you come. I have an alt which I picked up after leaving it untouched for 14 months. I had fun building that roster and seeing how the climb would turn out. Now I can take top ranks in fleet arena but in squad arena it has only been inside top-20 a few times.
  • Gouj4
    416 posts Member

Would probably cost me the same if not more to catch up on my own shard
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    if you think you are $3000 behind you'd never catch up anyway
  • Gouj4
    416 posts Member
    Gifafi wrote: »

I’m aware haha

• 4.5 years ago I was rank 1 in squad arena with my HK 88 86 Poggle Poe team. It was the "Whose Poe goes 1st wins" meta. Sometime after that I took 1.5 years off. During that time this guy that was 1 of the handful I battled for 1st is now at 6.5 million GP, and he's 13th and the norm for top 20. I'm at 3.7 mill and have been a daily player for the time I've been back.

People keep insisting that old shards are not necessarily as competitive as new ones. Lack of competition is not something I have ever experienced in my shard. If an older player quits, and older player of that original 20000 always moves into the place. And given I still see players in the top 20 I used to chat with 4.5 years ago, and they are all rolling with the current metas

An aging shard could very well concentrate the top players into the top 200 over time. It's survival of the best and most dedicated.

In about 4-6 months I will be able to get my Negotiator fleet into top 10, assuming a newer meta doesn't flood through. That''s how long all R7 pilots and 6E mods will take me. My ETA2 is still 5 or 6*, Nego is 5*, and my 5s, Rex, andtrooper just aren't there gear wise
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Gifafi wrote: »

I’m aware haha

I don't think you understood what I meant
  • It is possible to get to the top after take a break.

I know because I've done it recently. There are counters to the current top teams that hold reasonably well in arena. (I drop into the 40s or 50s most days but can usually climb with only spending 50 crystals on refreshes. Though some days I spend 150 due to bad rng). But I can usually get 1st or at least top 5.

I took an 8 mo break starting in October when the Malak fisico happened. At the time I had a Darth revan team with a six star malak and regularly got 1st. After only a month of being back, I can beat Rey teams (even the ones with jedi luke) and there are enough of those to climb. Though I also have to beat gas if I fall too far.

The team I use for Rey is Vader, Darth revan, badstila, thrawn, and a 4 star 10th wat. It works and it doesn't really require to many characters that you couldn't have by now. Though it depends on how long your break is for.

Wat is pretty much required but doesn't need to be high gear as if modes right you'll get use of him before the other team really takes any turns. Darth revan is helpful because he fears everyone but Rey and jedi Luke if they have him. Vader stacks the debuffs, badstilla adds even more and you saber throw rey to death and clean up.

To get through gas teams, I use Dr, badstilla, hk, malak, and raid han. It's pretty consistent for me but not as much as my vader vs Rey. So some rng required. There are other gas counters too but this one doesn't require me to move mods.

So yes it is possible, you just have to work at it.
  • I think i will finish padme and go for Vader after because i love vader...you think i can get to the top with those,
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Depends on your shard, on what you define as "the top" and on your time frame.
  • It is possible to get to the top after take a break.

I know because I've done it recently. There are counters to the current top teams that hold reasonably well in arena. (I drop into the 40s or 50s most days but can usually climb with only spending 50 crystals on refreshes. Though some days I spend 150 due to bad rng). But I can usually get 1st or at least top 5.

I took an 8 mo break starting in October when the Malak fisico happened. At the time I had a Darth revan team with a six star malak and regularly got 1st. After only a month of being back, I can beat Rey teams (even the ones with jedi luke) and there are enough of those to climb. Though I also have to beat gas if I fall too far.

The team I use for Rey is Vader, Darth revan, badstila, thrawn, and a 4 star 10th wat. It works and it doesn't really require to many characters that you couldn't have by now. Though it depends on how long your break is for.

Wat is pretty much required but doesn't need to be high gear as if modes right you'll get use of him before the other team really takes any turns. Darth revan is helpful because he fears everyone but Rey and jedi Luke if they have him. Vader stacks the debuffs, badstilla adds even more and you saber throw rey to death and clean up.

To get through gas teams, I use Dr, badstilla, hk, malak, and raid han. It's pretty consistent for me but not as much as my vader vs Rey. So some rng required. There are other gas counters too but this one doesn't require me to move mods.

So yes it is possible, you just have to work at it.

Well this is great to hear.
  • I think i will finish padme and go for Vader after because i love vader...you think i can get to the top with those,

Padme-GAS teams are regularly in my top 20. I think Padme-GAS is superior to GAS-clones. Her team seems to be able to walk up the SLKR and Rey teams
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    Money really doesn't buy you top arena spots. The main thing that gets you there is having good mods and knowing how to use them. Yes, you need whatever the New Hotness is currently, but if they aren't modded well you're still gonna have a bad time.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Jarvind wrote: »
    Money really doesn't buy you top arena spots. The main thing that gets you there is having good mods and knowing how to use them. Yes, you need whatever the New Hotness is currently, but if they aren't modded well you're still gonna have a bad time.

Money buys you more mods and higher chance of having good mods.
  • I think with padme i could get top50 for sure...and with vader for offense maybe even better?but vader is bad vs gas right?so i need something to beat DR GAS and GL...
  • my mods are alright i think...my best is 148 speed