F2P GL Progress

Replies

• MasterSeedy
    4992 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    @NicWester

I'm mostly with you. I never do more than 1 refresh per day. I just farm everything, preferably without any refreshes at all, all at once, as soon as it becomes available. I'm 96/100 on Sith Trooper, so slightly better luck I would have been farming nothing when Cara Dune came along. Now I'm doing SiT & Cara at the same time, and I expect one or both of Rebel Y-Wing and TIE Bomber will be released to LS/DS battles sometime soon.

Also, just wanted to pass on general encouragement on your progress. This stuff takes a LONG time.

@DarjeloSalas
    I am now 40 gold furnace away from meeting requirements to start ticket farming for SLKR.
    Sadly, I slightly misjudged my push on relic materials, so I’ll finish that with 2 or 3 relic levels still required elsewhere.

I'm confused. How can you be 40 furnaces away from meeting requirements, but also still need more relic levels?
    Really looking forward to finishing the SLKR grind so I can immediately begin the JKL grind.

So. Much. This.
  • @MasterSeedy sorry, should have been clearer. I’m 36 gold furnace away from taking last toon to g13.

With Rey I had already completed the relics requirements for everyone when I took the last toon to g13 (RH Poe the day I got him to 7*).

With SLKR I started the relic material farming push too late, as I still have 1 level to go on EP, 2 on Kylo, Phasma, FOX and of course 3 on vet Han.
  • 100% F2P. Started Jan 2017. Get 1st in both arenas. Started fleet chat BEFORE crystals were announced because I anticipated greater rewards coming. Have always gotten top spots in raids currently that being hsith.

Got slkr about 3-4 weeks after GL released. I had saved gear so I could use for rey or slkr, waited and choose slkr once confirmed he was better at raids (at time he was worse at PvP).

Saved gear for Rey but choose to use on JKL instead when he was released.

Now I'm 3 months away from rey but i may delay to get the new BHs.

I often play against people who have spent > $50k. It takes a bit of luck, planning, grinding and patience but you can be competetive as F2P.
  • Okay you FtP types. Here's the scoop.

I finished requirements for Rey's event on July 10th. I got information from Reddit that put the drop rate at 20-25%.

Based on that, and the expectation that I would continue farming using 10-energy nodes, I estimated that it would take 20-30 days to unlock Rey. I am much further than halfway along after only 9 days ticket farming.

So what happened? First, I knew I was near done with Sith Trooper, and finished SiT the next day (one day sooner than I estimated). I thought that CG was about to drop TIE Bomber and Rebel Y-Wing, but they haven't dropped yet. So except for that first day, I've been bringing home 80 more energy per day to spend on ticket farming.

Next, some guild buddies encouraged me to farm a 6-energy node, at least for a while.

Finally, my drop rate isn't close to the 20-25% range reported on Reddit. I didn't keep careful track (though I should have), but getting 4-5 on simming 20 attempts is the low end of what I've gotten. I've only gotten 1 or 0 when simming fewer attempts. And I've gotten as many as 12 shards on twenty sims. 6-7 is pretty normal. So for me, the drop rate looks more like 30-33%, just where it is for shards.

So I've been farming a node that gives me more attempts per 120 energy (20 instead of 12) and I've been using 80 energy that I expected to have to transfer over to farming for fleet and I've been getting more tickets than 1 per 4 or 5 attempts.

As a result, today I finished my last Rock/Paper/Scissors (Tier 3) fight. I still have 2 x Tier 2 and 5 x Tier 1 left to play. That requires 135 tickets. What I've accomplished so far (in just 9 days) cost 270 tickets.

So 9 days = 2/3rds of the way done. If I continue as I am, I would finish in 14-ish days. This is using only the 3x 50 crystals regular energy refreshes for a total of 150 crystals/day.

Because of all this, I'm actually going back to farming gear from 10-energy nodes for the next 6 days, and expect to finish Rey's unlock in 15-16-ish days. "But why for," you ask? Well, i don't have all the gear saved up to take Rey straight to relics, and I have more Tier 1 relic salvage than I need from the past week of farming it.

If I can't take Rey to Relic on day 1, then delaying her a couple days doesn't seem much of a sacrifice. And it's really only a couple days.

I will, of course, check back in to let folks know when I finally get the unlock complete, but I just thought I should let people know that unless my experience is wildly lucky, the drop rate isn't as bad as Reddit reported and so my earlier estimates are pretty darn far off.

You should plan for only a couple weeks - three weeks maximum - to gather up Rey's gear. It won't take you any longer than that to pick up all her shards.
  • Vendi1983
    5017 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    @MasterSeedy congrats!

I'm still a while away.

All three R7's are done.
    FOST, FOX, FOTP are done, along with Finalizer.
    FOO is R3 and Phasma is a few finisher salvage away from G13.

Promoted Hux to G12 a few days ago and had a left and right side piece sitting around.

Han, SF, and ST are bringing up the rear. Languishing at G8-9 with Trooper finally at 92/100 and I threw a zeta on him and Hux for fun.
  • Debuff
    224 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    Im still hacking away at it. Make kyber every gac

vd2o97gm2asm.png

Been saving the crappy FO and han for last
    Ive been using my crystals mostly on blue and green mats, then just been farming the greys exclusively from cantina. Seems to be the best if you can do well in arenas
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    Debuff wrote: »
    Ive been using my crystals mostly on blue and green mats, then just been farming the greys exclusively from cantina.

Wait, what blue green and grey mats are you talking about?

EDIT: I assume you are talking about signal data, but there's no grey. There's two different blues. Also using crystals on signal data seems inefficient but I haven't done the math.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • EdSolo
    410 posts Member
    EdSolo wrote: »
    I have gone Resistance first, but I'm also farming Sith Trooper and Hux.

JTR, Finn, and RT are done
    Scavenger Rey is R2, BB-8 is R4
    Poe is G12 +5, RP is G12 +3
    Holdo is G11 +4, Rose is G10 +5, Chewie is G8 +5
    Hero Finn 19/85 G8 +5, Hero Poe 14/30 G9 +4, Raddus 40/65

Not actively working on FO per se, but they are on my list

KRU G12 +4, Kylo G12 +3, ST G12 +1, Phasma G11 +5, FOO G11 +5, Hux 24/100 G10 +5, Sith Trooper 10/85 G8 +5, FOE G11 +5, FOTP G11 +3, FOSTP G8 +4, Han G8 +4, Palpatine G12 +3, Finalizer 30/65

Here is my update about a month later:

JTR, Finn, RT, Scavenger Rey, Poe, RP, and Raddus are done
    BB-8 is R5
    Holdo is G12 +5, Rose is G12 +1, Chewie is G9 +4
    Hero Finn 60/100 G10 +4, Hero Poe 7/85 G10 +1

Not actively working on FO per se, but they are on my list

KRU G12 +5, Kylo +3, ST G12 +3, Phasma G12 +1, FOO G11 +5, Hux G11 +5, Sith Trooper 74/85 G8 +5, FOE G11 +5, FOTP G11 +3, FOSTP G8 +4, Han G8 +5, Palpatine G12 +4, Finalizer 60/65

I haven't spent any crystals except for refreshes at this point. Gear has been the biggest bottleneck so far. Since I'm still farming toons, I figure I don't need to spend crystals on gear yet.

Slowly getting there:

JTR, Finn, RT, Scavenger Rey, Poe, RP, Raddus, BB-8, Holdo, Rose, Hero Finn are done
    Chewie is R2, just need a few more relic pieces to finish him.
    Hero Poe 62/100 and have the last piece crafted for G12 once he hits 7*

For FO:

KRU G12 +5, Kylo G12 +3, ST G12 +3, Phasma G12 +2, FOO G11 +5, Hux G12 +3, Sith Trooper G10 +4, FOE G12, FOTP G11 +4, FOSTP G9 +4, Han G8 +5, Palpatine G12 +5, Finalizer done

GL Rey G9 +4

KRU R6, Kylo G12 +3, ST G12 +3, Phasma G12 +2, FOO G11 +5, Hux G12 +3, Sith Trooper G11 +4, FOE G12 +1, FOTP G11 +5, FOSTP G12 +1, Han G11 +3, Palpatine G12 +5, Finalizer done

• @TVF
    EDIT: I assume you are talking about signal data, but there's no grey. There's two different blues.

There's a blue-grey, which can reasonably be described as either color alone. It makes it even more appropriate to speak of a grey signal data when there is, as you say, another data type that is obviously blue and can't bedescribed as another color.

If you had pictures of each of the 3 in front of you and someone asked you to point to the grey one, no one would be confused.

@EdSolo

Nice work, Ed!
  • EdSolo
    410 posts Member
    @TVF
    EDIT: I assume you are talking about signal data, but there's no grey. There's two different blues.

There's a blue-grey, which can reasonably be described as either color alone. It makes it even more appropriate to speak of a grey signal data when there is, as you say, another data type that is obviously blue and can't bedescribed as another color.

If you had pictures of each of the 3 in front of you and someone asked you to point to the grey one, no one would be confused.

@EdSolo

Nice work, Ed!

Thanks. It has been a long haul. Trying to gear her up at this point before I put my resource towards Kylo.
  • Slkr - r7 with ultimate
    Rey - r7 2/10 on ultimate pieces
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    I applaud 2 gl runners. I opted for jluke and close to completion with this left. Then will hoard for 2nd gl but won't put any of it on.

o2rbuy4aians.png
  • Vendi1983
    5017 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    Another week of work in the bag:

COMPLETE
    zzKRU
    zKylo
    zzPalpatine
    Finalizer
    FOX
    zFOST
    FOTP
    FOO

ALMOST THERE
    Phasma - R4
    zHux G12+4

WORK IN PROGRESS
    zST - 7* G10+5
    Old Man Han G9+3
    FOSFTP G8+4

I gotta ask, where do you guys go for Kyros? I'm at least done with the required character that needed them, but then SLKR needs 500 total to go to G13. That's a ton of normal node farming and there aren't enough GACs to buy that many. Crystal income isn't extravagant for me (Top 200 Squad, Top 20 Fleet most days)
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    I went f2p for gl rey. 150 shards from unlocking. 3 to 5 days. Then its gear crunch time
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    I went f2p for gl rey. 150 shards from unlocking. 3 to 5 days. Then its gear crunch time

If you are doing 6 nodes merely to unlock, I suggest shifting to 10 ones for the gear. Unlock itself won't do you much good until you hit relics.
  • Vendi1983
    5017 posts Member
    I'm assuming Kyro nodes are the best bet?
  • I unlocked both today, 100% f2p, total spending level $0. One with ultimate, both R7. Now half way towards Jedi Luke. Should unlock that when the event returns.

I don’t hoard. And I guess no one is able to hoard anything now after back to back GLs and JKL release.
  • sloweagle wrote: »
    I unlocked both today, 100% f2p, total spending level $0. One with ultimate, both R7. Now half way towards Jedi Luke. Should unlock that when the event returns.

I don’t hoard. And I guess no one is able to hoard anything now after back to back GLs and JKL release.

I am hoarding crystals and zetas but that's about it. My expenses are 300 crystals and maybe 1 arena refresh. The stash should increase by 400 a day. Back up to 24K crystals. I have both GL and rey ultimate pieces are 3/10. Bout half way to Jedi Luke too.

I still think an emergency stash of 30K crystals is warranted.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    ShaggyB wrote: »

If you are doing 6 nodes merely to unlock, I suggest shifting to 10 ones for the gear. Unlock itself won't do you much good until you hit relics.

Mostly need the kyros and a few stun guns
  • Currently most of the necessary characters are at 7 star rank other than Hux who’s at 6 stars. I still need to rank up Kylo ren’s shuttle to unlock the finalizer, and the characters are at the following gear levels.

Kylo Ren (unmasked) is at relic level 4

Hux is gear level 1

Sith trooper, first order storm trooper, and first order executioner, are gear level 12

Phasma and first order special forces tie fighter are gear level 9

Kylo Ren is gear level 10

Palpatine, Han, and the rest of the first order characters are gear level 11
  • KRU r5.

Hux r3.

Palp g12+5.

Vet Han g9.

Sith Trooper g11.

FOST g9.

FOST pilot g8.

The rest at g12+some.

It’s...ugh. Going. I guess.
  • I’ll have Finalizer well into 5* territory by the time I gear/relic them all
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Scavenger Rey is r6, New Finn is r2, BB8 is r3, New Poe is 61/100 and should be able to be g13 by the time I get him to 7*. Just keep plugging away, almost there!
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • I am completely f2p after spending loads in the game and my rose needs 43 shards to get to 7 stars and both heroes need 55 more shards but I am gonna r7 the heroes... I give it a month or two to be ready to start earning tickets for rey haha

by the time I get Rey luke and kylo they will be useless characters and I will be chasing the next 10 characters :D....
  • Been F2P this entire time for GL Kylo. Just waiting on finalizer to come back around.
  • Starslayer
    2413 posts Member
    Finished Rey a couple of months ago, but changing my mind about going for Kylo too.

I was very stingy with relic materials before GL were announced. After turning almost all my useless gear to the jawa, that I hoarded since 3 years, I have about 1500 carbonite circuit left, which is what is needed to relic up the requirements for Kylo from scratch. So, as I needed 3 years to stock up 3000 carbonite (I used about 1500 for Rey, not counting the few I used to relic requirements for GAS, 501st and Drevan), if I use the rest of my stash to unlock Kylo, I would need about 18 months to get those 1500 carbonite back. If a new GL is available in those 18 months, I won't be able to go fo it; and that may be very, very bad for arena.

So... not sure to know how to deal with that. Not goig for Kylo seems like the wise thing to do. I guess it all depends of what my guild mates will do. If a lot of them go for Kylo, I may be forced to do so to be able to compete in Sith Raid :/

To those going for both: did you check how fast your Carbonite circuit stash grows back ?
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Starslayer wrote: »
    Finished Rey a couple of months ago, but changing my mind about going for Kylo too.

I was very stingy with relic materials before GL were announced. After turning almost all my useless gear to the jawa, that I hoarded since 3 years, I have about 1500 carbonite circuit left, which is what is needed to relic up the requirements for Kylo from scratch. So, as I needed 3 years to stock up 3000 carbonite (I used about 1500 for Rey, not counting the few I used to relic requirements for GAS, 501st and Drevan), if I use the rest of my stash to unlock Kylo, I would need about 18 months to get those 1500 carbonite back. If a new GL is available in those 18 months, I won't be able to go fo it; and that may be very, very bad for arena.

So... not sure to know how to deal with that. Not goig for Kylo seems like the wise thing to do. I guess it all depends of what my guild mates will do. If a lot of them go for Kylo, I may be forced to do so to be able to compete in Sith Raid :/

To those going for both: did you check how fast your Carbonite circuit stash grows back ?

Good long term economical pondering. It made me check my stock on it.I'll be good for a while. I guess this is the benefit of being day 1 player and always buying these from shipments during all the time they were useless.

a7rgmtuiwc31.png

Though since you've got done with Rey months ago as f2p, you probably have both arenas income. What you see as the showstopper right now is worth 7500 crystals in whale shop (500 cry=100 carbonite), it's like worth 5 stun guns.

I've started hoarding for Kylo a few days ago getting all other backtracking completed. I won't drop any of it on the toons before whole batch is complete. And I'll be open to use the hoard on new things that may happen in the game. I think this is the best path for f2p in a similar situation who are patient enough to sit on it.
  • Starslayer
    2413 posts Member
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    . What you see as the showstopper right now is worth 7500 crystals in whale shop (500 cry=100 carbonite)
    I didn't check that, it's very helpful and quite reassuring ;)

We have a similar "hoarding until is done" strategy (sort of; I'll probably gear a 5 man FO team to g12 to have an extra defense team for GAC without bloating my top 80 ;) ), I guess I'll join your "let's go for Kylo" train then !
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Got gl rey f2p. Gear 8 so far, all zetas. Have her gear 12/12+ done and waiting... need stun guns and stun gun salvage, 200 of each kyrotech and a few farms here and there to be done