account transfer thing

So does that mean if I have my account on an apple and an android device it will stop working?

Replies

  • Smithie
    1425 posts Member
    edited July 28
    No it will work still.

    They are disabling the feature to sync cross platform. If you have already synced it to both OS, you will be fine.
    Post edited by Smithie on
  • Iy4oy4s
    1779 posts Member
    Smithie wrote: »
    No it will work still.

    They are disabling the feature to sync it going forward. If you have already synced it to both OS, you will be fine.

    Dunno about that. They specifically said to make your account transfer BEFORE this goes into effect. To me, that suggests that you will not be able to go back and forth between devices.
  • Smithie
    1425 posts Member
    edited July 28
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Smithie wrote: »
    No it will work still.

    They are disabling the feature to sync it going forward. If you have already synced it to both OS, you will be fine.

    Dunno about that. They specifically said to make your account transfer BEFORE this goes into effect. To me, that suggests that you will not be able to go back and forth between devices.

    Account Transfer is what they call it but basically it's a feature that makes your SWGOH account able to link to both IOS and Android.

    Playing on both wont be removed if already synced. However if it's not synced to both by the update it will no longer be possible and the player will be restricted to one platform, either Google or Apple.

    The account transfer feature came in 2018 I believe, before that your SWGOH account was restricted to either Google or IOS.
  • Iy4oy4s
    1779 posts Member
    edited July 28
    Smithie wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Smithie wrote: »
    No it will work still.

    They are disabling the feature to sync it going forward. If you have already synced it to both OS, you will be fine.

    Dunno about that. They specifically said to make your account transfer BEFORE this goes into effect. To me, that suggests that you will not be able to go back and forth between devices.

    Account Transfer is what they call it but basically it's a feature that makes your SWGOH account able to link to both IOS and Android.

    Playing on both wont be removed if already synced. However if it's not done by the update it will no longer be possible and you will be tied to only Apple or Google.

    You could be right...you could be wrong. Unless you have a CG infront of your name, you shouldnt pass off info that you yourself do not know 100% is all Im saying. We have a lot of people on this forum that do not speak English as their first language, so official word is needed, especially since there is already two threads on this.
  • Smithie
    1425 posts Member
    edited July 29
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Smithie wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Smithie wrote: »
    No it will work still.

    They are disabling the feature to sync it going forward. If you have already synced it to both OS, you will be fine.

    Dunno about that. They specifically said to make your account transfer BEFORE this goes into effect. To me, that suggests that you will not be able to go back and forth between devices.

    Account Transfer is what they call it but basically it's a feature that makes your SWGOH account able to link to both IOS and Android.

    Playing on both wont be removed if already synced. However if it's not done by the update it will no longer be possible and you will be tied to only Apple or Google.

    You could be right...you could be wrong. Unless you have a CG infront of your name, you shouldnt pass off info that you yourself do not know 100% is all Im saying. We have a lot of people on this forum that do not speak English as their first language, so official word is needed, especially since there is already two threads on this.

    Well, I've read what has been posted. They advise about account transfer. An Account transfer has to be done to tie a SWGOH account to both OS.

    They are removing the ability as stated in their post for account transfer. You dont do an account transfer every time you play on a different OS once synced.

    Account Transfer:
    You can switch your STAR WARS™: Galaxy of Heroes (SWGOH) account from iOS to Android, or vice versa, without the help of an EA Advisor. All you need is access to the game on both of your devices, and your Player IDs.

    Once this has been done, your game is linked to both an google and apple account. They have not even mentioned or stated any termination of playing on both. They have just stated the termination/disable of being able to do an account transfer after the update.

    But if you want to wait for an official word, be my guest.
    Post edited by Smithie on
  • Quim
    631 posts Member
    edited July 29
    Yeah, will be possible play in the same platforms and mails if you have it linked, if you have it linked to an iOS device, like an iPhone, also in your guest account in your tablet iPad, in your Google Play accounts to play in BlueStacks or Android devices, and also in your guest account of your Samsung Galaxy phone, so you have the account linked in 4 different devices/platforms/mails, you will be able to play on all of them.

    Once this change is applied, you will not be able to transfer the account by yourself to another platform or device, it seems is some action to try to stop the account transfers, but it will not stop anything, because if someone wants transfer the account simply can give the mail and password to another guy, or if the account is in the guest account still will be possible link it to a new mail, so is a ridiculous action because it will only farm the normal players who play it normally and will increase the efforts of the EA Support if again if needed contact them to transfer the account to another platform, maybe they have been forced to apply this action because that option was violating the terms of services of the Google Play and Game Center or something like this.

    I suppose still will be possible link it by the EA Support, because if you have an Android phone and you change to an iPhone and is not possible transfer the account then will not be possible play the game with the same account, it will happen a lot of times every week, is an usual thing change the device and start to use a new platform, when I started to play the game I started on iPad, then switched to Android, then iPhone and now also BlueStacks, so at least I changed the platform 4 times LOL if this game has like 500.000 active players, everyday you will have players requesting an account transfer because they changed the device from iOS to Android or viceversa, so if they did it to harm the people who is transferring or selling accounts they will not get anything with this action, will be almost the same, it will only harm the normal players when they change the device platform or when they want link the account to a new mail, something also very tipical, since I started to play the game I changed my main mail like 3 times, so adding up the 4 platform changes and 3 mail changes is 7 transfers I did, it multiplied by 500.000 active players will be a lot of work for the EA Support LOL.
  • Quim
    631 posts Member
    LOL already they removed that function, when they said they would do it in a next game update in an early August and still is July LOL CG, when you say August is August, not 31th July. Probably it will harm some guys who planned do the transfer today or this next weekend, the normal thing would have been apply it like at 5th August or something like this, not 1 day before you said it will be done.
Sign In or Register to comment.