Leftover rebels for B team? Any suggestions?

I've recently got CLS, with rHan, Chewie, R2 and OB riding shotgun (until I can get C3-P0, which I am working on, then onto Padme). I'm still working on the CLS team, going for relics. I make top 500 in Arena, with CLS team now slowly taking over from my BHs.

I have Phoenix, a solid team but their development is left behind now, and am working a bit on R1 (maybe only Cassian' crew) because I want to build a rebel fleet with H1. (I already make top 5 in fleet with my BH/Empire/Executrix fleet.)

I've got some left-over rebels that have been geared up for other purposes:
stHan, Leia, farmboy for the CLS event;
AA, Biggs, Wedge for their ships;
Lando, the Hoth boys, and ROLO.
Profile here
https://swgoh.gg/p/917197765/

What are any good combinations based on these left-overs? I'm going to keep developing AA, Biggs, Wedge (yes, I know....) because of ships, but wouldn't want to put too many resources into any of the others unless it made a nice difference to a team.

AA, Biggs, Wedge, Leia, stHan might be a good combination, but who to lead? Or any other team suggestions? Is it worth considering MMotha and rebel fighters as a longer term project?

Any suggestions appreciated. :)

Thanks in advance.

Replies

• There's an old combo of AA with Leia called "Machine Gun Leia where she just keeps assisting AA. Use stHan also because it's based off of non-damaging attacks IIRC. Would be better with other characters who don't attack other than Biggs and Wedge though. I'd probably split it up with AA lead, Leia, stHan, and Hoth bros on one team, Wedge lead, Biggs, FBL, ROLO and Lando. I wouldn't put any extra resources into them. I'll say, I also like Sabine for her armor shred so given who you have currently, I'd use her over ROLO.
  • I will also say, I wouldn't put too many more resources into those leftover characters unless you're trying to increase you fleet arena position and I would be very selective of who to do then.
  • Maybe try Mon mothma with your left over rebels.
  • I'd say only gear them if you need them for something else. Relicing the ANH toons is a waste so you won't get a great team out of them. You have to relic 3 Rolo, Captain ham, and lando for jedi Luke anyway. You need wedge for the event too as and biggs has a good ship, though with rebel y wing there are alternatives to biggs in a rebel fleet.

None of the b team rebels are going to do much in geo tb or th ed harder tiers of assault battles. You can use them to take out some teams in gac or tw but it's probably better to put the gear on better teams (unless you're gearing them for something else anyway).

As a rule if gac or tw is the only benefit, it is not worth gearing a team. Those modes scale with your roster so you don't get much benefit from gearing up more toons. You just face higher geared opponents. And if you gear a bad team, you face those that geared better teams and lose more.

So if you can use what you have great but I wouldn't put much into it. Better to farm the newer toons like chewpio and monmothma. Which lineups work best with those remain to be seen.
  • Thanks for the advice. I've bundled them as:
    AA(L), Leia, stHan, and the Hoth boys
    Biggs(L), Wedge, farmboy, ROLO, and Sabine

But I won't try and develop the two teams unless it's a by-product of some other goal I have. I'll use them to fill gaps in GAC.

It would be nice to try develop MonMothma or BackPacca, but there's so much else to do first.... :p
  • PS: Lando went with some scoundrels to build another filler team
    Lando(L), vetHan, vetChewie, Nest, Zam
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    Saxguru wrote: »
    Maybe try Mon mothma with your left over rebels.

Unfortunately most of Mothma's abilities depend on the "Rebel Fighter" tag. On a regular old rebel team she's dramatically less effective.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    AM2Rainman wrote: »
    I will also say, I wouldn't put too many more resources into those leftover characters unless you're trying to increase you fleet arena position and I would be very selective of who to do then.

this
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • I'd say only gear them if you need them for something else. Relicing the ANH toons is a waste so you won't get a great team out of them. You have to relic 3 Rolo, Captain ham, and lando for jedi Luke anyway. You need wedge for the event too as and biggs has a good ship, though with rebel y wing there are alternatives to biggs in a rebel fleet.

None of the b team rebels are going to do much in geo tb or th ed harder tiers of assault battles. You can use them to take out some teams in gac or tw but it's probably better to put the gear on better teams (unless you're gearing them for something else anyway).

As a rule if gac or tw is the only benefit, it is not worth gearing a team. Those modes scale with your roster so you don't get much benefit from gearing up more toons. You just face higher geared opponents. And if you gear a bad team, you face those that geared better teams and lose more.

So if you can use what you have great but I wouldn't put much into it. Better to farm the newer toons like chewpio and monmothma. Which lineups work best with those remain to be seen.

Ya, a 3* G11 Chewpio is probably better than a R1 P Leia.
  • Jarvind wrote: »
    Saxguru wrote: »
    Maybe try Mon mothma with your left over rebels.

Unfortunately most of Mothma's abilities depend on the "Rebel Fighter" tag. On a regular old rebel team she's dramatically less effective.

Yeah because we all know rebel fighters don't have the rebel tag