Separatists: Dooku or GG

Hey all! I’m a super new player and I understand half the language you speak on the forum so it’s hard for me to find all the answers. I’m currently level 49 and I came back to the game recently. I’m farming separatists but I don’t understand if I need to invest in Dooku (farming him, geo soldier, magna guard, Nute, and pogle).

I’m 4 shards away from unlocking Dooku but when I search for sep teams there is always GG and never Dooku.

Replies

• Hi...yeah that's right.....GG and the Droids ( Magna / B1 / B2 ) give you a good team. Especially later in teh Game with an R7 GG ;-) Also GG is a better choice in regards to Fleets.....his Battleship ( Malevolence ) is a real offensive PowerHouse
  • So I do not need to invest in Dooku?
  • TheMaster12345
    607 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    trustme707 wrote: »
    So I do not need to invest in Dooku?

You could invest in Dooku now if you want since Grievous is more down the road.

But I personally recommend the 5 geos. Since Brood Alpha's node is unlocked later on I would run the 4 other geos with either Nute or Dooku lead.

That would mean farming Geo spy instead of Magnaguard from cantina nodes and Sun fac from guild and fleet shipments.
  • Go for Doku now and for GG later on. Iirc ships dont unlock before you are Level60 and the fleet store is the only place where you can farm GG at a reasonable price (alternatives are the Shard shop for 75x value or $-Packs). Also GG is not thaaat viable at low gear and you probably wont be able to unlock his Capital Ship for the next 7months or more as you need to hit Level 65 to be able to participate in guild events which currently are the only place where you can earn the needed currency.
  • jawa7778
    283 posts Member
    I would farm for Dooku, because you can get an earlier game lead with him and Nute Gunray. Nute Gunray is available from the Squad Arena store, and is super valuable.
  • @Bytestream @TheMaster12345 @HTWarrior @jawa7778 Thank you for your replies! I also have some other noob questions if you could please:
    - Are ship battles that important? I don't even have them unlocked;
    - What is the best way to spend my pink crystals - energy I guess? Is it wise to spend it on coupons (green)?
    - When you say "go for Dooku" or any other character - does taht mean 7 stars max equip? Or smth different?
    - With my current setup, I feel like I'm out of energy except morning/night so there is basically nothing to do in the game during the day - am I doing smth wrong?
  • trustme707 wrote: »
    @Bytestream @TheMaster12345 @HTWarrior @jawa7778 Thank you for your replies! I also have some other noob questions if you could please:
    - What is the best way to spend my pink crystals - energy I guess? Is it wise to spend it on coupons (green)?
    - When you say "go for Dooku" or any other character - does taht mean 7 stars max equip? Or smth different?
    - With my current setup, I feel like I'm out of energy except morning/night so there is basically nothing to do in the game during the day - am I doing smth wrong?

1. Ship battles are important - they are like normal hard battles, they unlock characters and ships for you by giving you shards.
    2. Best way to spend crystals is to get energy refreshes. When you hit level 60, you will get plenty of green sim tickets every day from fleet arena. Until then, buying them is very helpful, although energy refreshes will give you 20 of them each refresh (i think its 20 at least).
    3. Yes, that means to get them 7 stars. You want dooku for the padme event, and getting padme is the goal of these separatists. Which is why you should hold off going for Grievous, the only way to get him is from the fleet store, and he rarely shows up there. He will take SUPER SUPER long to get, especially to get 7*. His droid team is a more end game team.
    4. Youre not doing anything wrong, just spend you energy farming your characters, and gear for them, otherwise, you'll unlock galactic war soon, so you can spend your time doing that as well.

Hope this helps, farming B2 once you get magnaguard to 7 stars is a great idea, he is the most usefull character for padme event, and is just solid in general. He will replace geo soldier.
    Also getting ventress once you get nute up to 5 or six stars is a good idea as well, she does lots of damage, which is one thing that team lacks. Then get nute and her to 7*.

Happy farming :)
    @Bytestream @TheMaster12345 @HTWarrior @jawa7778 Thank you for your replies! I also have some other noob questions if you could please:

1. Ship battles are important - they are like normal hard battles, they unlock characters and ships for you by giving you shards.
    2. Best way to spend crystals is to get energy refreshes. When you hit level 60, you will get plenty of green sim tickets every day from fleet arena. Until then, buying them is very helpful, although energy refreshes will give you 20 of them each refresh (i think its 20 at least).
    3. Yes, that means to get them 7 stars. You want dooku for the padme event, and getting padme is the goal of these separatists. Which is why you should hold off going for Grievous, the only way to get him is from the fleet store, and he rarely shows up there. He will take SUPER SUPER long to get, especially to get 7*. His droid team is a more end game team.
    4. Youre not doing anything wrong, just spend you energy farming your characters, and gear for them, otherwise, you'll unlock galactic war soon, so you can spend your time doing that as well.

Hope this helps, farming B2 once you get magnaguard to 7 stars is a great idea, he is the most usefull character for padme event, and is just solid in general. He will replace geo soldier.
    Also getting ventress once you get nute up to 5 or six stars is a good idea as well, she does lots of damage, which is one thing that team lacks. Then get nute and her to 7*.

Thank you a million! At least I have a better picture on what I'm doing!
    Everyone is saying getting Padme - what changes after I get her? I would still have to upgrade her? What about the team that I must use with her?

So, imagine I get her in a few months, what would be my next goal?

Everyone is saying getting Padme - what changes after I get her? I would still have to upgrade her? What about the team that I must use with her?

Ok, so, the reason people are saying get Padme is because she is a pretty meta team. Her leadership applies to all light side allies, but she has bonuses with Galactic Republic characters, and there are a lot of Galactic Republic characters. The change will probably be in your arena rank, you'll be able to beat a lot more teams. Yes, you'd still have to upgrade her, but because she is meta she is worth it. Like I said, you can technically use any light side team, but I'd use a Galactic Republic team. Most people use Padme, General Kenobi, Ahsoka, Jedi Knight Anakin, and then sometimes C-3po.
  • jawa7778 wrote: »

Ok, so, the reason people are saying get Padme is because she is a pretty meta team. Her leadership applies to all light side allies, but she has bonuses with Galactic Republic characters, and there are a lot of Galactic Republic characters. The change will probably be in your arena rank, you'll be able to beat a lot more teams. Yes, you'd still have to upgrade her, but because she is meta she is worth it. Like I said, you can technically use any light side team, but I'd use a Galactic Republic team. Most people use Padme, General Kenobi, Ahsoka, Jedi Knight Anakin, and then sometimes C-3po.

You could also put in Yoda instead of C-3P0.

You will get padme and will need to upgrade her. You'll want to put a lot of gear into her team, like @jawa7778 said, she leads a very good team. You'll want to eventually have her team of Ahsoka, Jedi Knight Anakin, General Kenobi, and a fifth character (usually C3PO or Grand Master Yoda). Before you unlock Kenobi, you'll probably want a tank, farming Fives from the Cantina store after you finish Ahsoka would be a good idea. You don't need to start gearing Padme's team yet, just have them in the back of your mind.
    As for what your next goal would be, getting Phoenix then Empire would be a good idea, then use Empire for R2D2, then Commander Luke, or you can just branch out and get whoever you want. Say you really like Darth Revan or Jedi Revan teams, you could just farm the characters needed for them. There's a lot of freedom for you.
  • jawa7778
    283 posts Member
    jawa7778 wrote: »

Yoda normally goes with Jedi Knight Revan squads, but that's besides the point.
  • jawa7778 wrote: »
    jawa7778 wrote: »

Yoda normally goes with Jedi Knight Revan squads, but that's besides the point.

I said you could use Yoda not that you have to.
  • 1. Ship battles are important - they are like normal hard battles, they unlock characters and ships for you by giving you shards.

I would add to this that when you start trying to get zeta skills on characters (only the final levels of certain skills on certain characters require zeta materials to unlock), the ships are going to provide some of your primary sources of zeta materials. You'll be able to buy both zeta materials and omega materials in the Fleet Arena Store. And one of the fleet challenges from the daily missions can give you zeta materials at its highest level.

On the topic of zetas, and skills and gear in general, don't make the mistake I did my first year and immediately level every character that gives you a symbol saying an upgrade is ready. It's nearly impossible to level and gear every character in the game, especially if you don't plan to spend thousands of dollars on the game, so it's important to focus on the ones you want or need most. There are some gear pieces that you'll have thousands of leftovers, but other pieces that almost every character in the game wants but are hard to get. So priorities are a big thing. Don't put points into leadership skills of characters you're never going to use to lead squads (the first slot in the team is the leader, and only the leader's leader skill counts), for instance. Don't be afraid to ignore lesser characters begging for upgrades while you're saving up materials for a big important one, like a zeta. Give your best boosts to the characters and ships you're using in the squad arena and fleet arena because those drive many of your rewards. Second priority is characters you have to gear to get certain characters you want, such as those used in the Journey Guide (Journey Guide is under the Objectives button, second tab, if you haven't seen it yet, and is a great place to plan out your needs for key characters). Third priority later on will be characters you're using for additional squads in Grand Arena or Territory Wars events where you'll deploy more than one squad.

Always do your daily missions on the Objectives tab. And have a plan for what to do with each energy type. That way you get the most out of each daily mission to do a certain number of battles of each energy type. I usually have characters I'm working on flagged as favorites so they show first in my inventory (the little hanging banner icon under the mods on the right side of the character screen).

• Thanks for all the comments! My wife has just created the account and started “smart” from lvl 1 and, apparently, she is in top 500 in the squad arena battles. It offers her the same squad power opponents or slightly lesser. On the contrary, my rank is about 2000 and I get matched with squads 2x my power.
    Is that by design? May be it’s easier to re roll the account?
  • Dunfalach wrote: »
    don't make the mistake I did my first year and immediately level every character that gives you a symbol saying an upgrade is ready. It's nearly impossible to level and gear every character in the game, especially if you don't plan to spend thousands of dollars on the game, so it's important to focus on the ones you want or need most. There are some gear pieces that you'll have thousands of leftovers, but other pieces that almost every character in the game wants but are hard to get. So priorities are a big thing. Don't put points into leadership skills of characters you're never going to use to lead squads (the first slot in the team is the leader, and only the leader's leader skill counts), for instance. Don't be afraid to ignore lesser characters begging for upgrades while you're saving up materials for a big important one, like a zeta. Give your best boosts to the characters and ships you're using in the squad arena and fleet arena because those drive many of your rewards. Second priority is characters you have to gear to get certain characters you want, such as those used in the Journey Guide (Journey Guide is under the Objectives button, second tab, if you haven't seen it yet, and is a great place to plan out your needs for key characters). Third priority later on will be characters you're using for additional squads in Grand Arena or Territory Wars events where you'll deploy more than one squad.

Always do your daily missions on the Objectives tab. And have a plan for what to do with each energy type. That way you get the most out of each daily mission to do a certain number of battles of each energy type. I usually have characters I'm working on flagged as favorites so they show first in my inventory (the little hanging banner icon under the mods on the right side of the character screen).

^^^^ what he said
    Thanks for all the comments! My wife has just created the account and started “smart” from lvl 1 and, apparently, she is in top 500 in the squad arena battles. It offers her the same squad power opponents or slightly lesser. On the contrary, my rank is about 2000 and I get matched with squads 2x my power.
    Is that by design? May be it’s easier to re roll the account?

In squad arena, she is matched up with newer people so everyone is pretty equal. It depends on what you want. If you start over, you would probably have a higher squad arena ranking. But you would have to find another good guild and start from scratch.
  • I don't think you should start over. She just got lucky and got an easy shard. Don't worry, you will climb the ranks quickly enough. I started out just like you, and now three months later, Im chilling in the top 500 every day. Just work on gearing up and starring your Separatists, and you'll do fine.
  • trustme707
    17 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    I don't think you should start over. She just got lucky and got an easy shard. Don't worry, you will climb the ranks quickly enough. I started out just like you, and now three months later, Im chilling in the top 500 every day. Just work on gearing up and starring your Separatists, and you'll do fine.
    @Old_Ben12345

So this is what I have now:
    U5K1XGf.jpg

and it matches me up with these opponents:
    5I0X3eL.jpg

I absolutely have 0 chance to win so I loose all my arena battles every day. Also, I have not won any single GW ever. Looks like everyone beats me here.

I did an experiment and started a new account and this is what I have since 2 days:
    uzHeKGN.jpg

And that PH squad is doing much better (subjectively). I just get much more energy and resources and team seems to be working better. What would be your advise? Still go ahead with SEPs on the old account or get EP, Thrawn and vader on the new one for the empire squad?

• trustme707
    17 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    @TheMaster12345 ^^ could you please also check the post above?
  • I think you'll even out on your original account. Use your crystals for ENG refreshes for farming either the characters you're working on or gear for those characters. That will also help increase the experience you're bringing in for your level. Once you and the rest of the people in your arena shard start getting closer to 85, it'll even out more and it'll be easier to get ahead, specifically if you have a good team, like separatists. No real synergy on any of the teams you're showing so if you have a good synergy team, like seps, you'll move up. Start looking at mod farming. If you start looking at how mods work now, you'll have a leg up on your competition which will help even more.
  • trustme707
    17 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    AM2Rainman wrote: »
    I think you'll even out on your original account. Use your crystals for ENG refreshes for farming either the characters you're working on or gear for those characters. That will also help increase the experience you're bringing in for your level. Once you and the rest of the people in your arena shard start getting closer to 85, it'll even out more and it'll be easier to get ahead, specifically if you have a good team, like separatists. No real synergy on any of the teams you're showing so if you have a good synergy team, like seps, you'll move up. Start looking at mod farming. If you start looking at how mods work now, you'll have a leg up on your competition which will help even more.

That's what I'm doing since I came back - at least there is a chance I'll even out :-). Is there any good video or guide about mods you could recommend? I didn't really get the basic training
  • You should check out Ahnaldt101 and CubsFanHan. They have guides on a lot of stuff relating to swgoh
    @TheMaster12345 ^^ could you please also check the post above?

And I personally would restart because you are pretty new and (in my opinion) you are better of starting over so you can place higher in arena.