Replies

• TVF
    36522 posts Member
    Pile wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Ripperpa wrote: »
    Yeah sure, just don't match gl owners and non gl owners, problem solved.

Counter: Git gud, problem solved. Which is under your control?

Please let us know how "Get Gud" works to beat Rey/Han/Chewie without a GL. Its sketchy even with a maxed SLKR.

So get your own?

CG is not coming to your rescue.

Never asked for a rescue and again you assume too much in a effort to be smug. The OP is asking for fair matchups when it is clear that, especially in the 3v3 format, GL toons make that exceptionally difficult.

Yes, and OP should get a GL then.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Did GAS ruin op's gac? how about Malak? drev? jkr? faster poe maybe?
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Pile wrote: »
    Gifafi wrote: »

Have to ask OP, however you are comparing apples and oranges. Acquiring the toons you listed was by far a more realistic proposition for the overall player base when compared to The GLs.
    Disagree on “by far”.

GAS needed 10 toons at high levels. Granted, relics weren’t required on all, but were required on most.

Malak also needed 10 at high levels (more like 12 since DR and JKR were required too); JKR, DR needed 5 each.

Also, all of those toons had restricted windows in which you could obtain them - something that’s not the case with the GLs.

At the end of the day, if someone has enough top X GP to be matched with a GL owner when they themselves are not a GL owner, you have to question their roster building choices.
  • TVF
    36522 posts Member
    Makes people feel better to blame CG though.
  • Montanz
    212 posts Member
    If you have a GL rey and you’re not taking advantage of the one game mode that she excels in then what did you bloat your roster for. I feel bad for OP but I use the same dirty rey han chewie team as others and have no regrets about the advantage it gives me because kylo does everything else better. Don’t hate the player hate the game (CG).
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Ripperpa wrote: »
    Yeah sure, just don't match gl owners and non gl owners, problem solved.

Counter: Git gud, problem solved. Which is under your control?

Please let us know how "Get Gud" works to beat Rey/Han/Chewie without a GL. Its sketchy even with a maxed SLKR.

So get your own?

CG is not coming to your rescue.

Never asked for a rescue and again you assume too much in a effort to be smug. The OP is asking for fair matchups when it is clear that, especially in the 3v3 format, GL toons make that exceptionally difficult.

Difficult? Yes - but not unfair.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Gifafi wrote: »

Have to ask OP, however you are comparing apples and oranges. Acquiring the toons you listed was by far a more realistic proposition for the overall player base when compared to The GLs.

anyone who gets the new shiny first will have the advantage in gac, arena, etc. Every new meta is harder to get than the last, bc that's how power-creep, aka game-progression, works. Also, if you are facing someone with a gl and don't have one that's proof that you have roster bloat and made worse decisions than they did. That's not a value judgement/insult, it's just a technical fact. SO you lose for a little while in GAC til you get a counter or your own gl, try to make better roster decisions, and then win the next time. it's just the circle of life, nbd
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Bigbearxba wrote: »
    I often don’t want to spend time on GAC because I don’t like it very much (not saying others should feel the same, to each their own). So I usually set a ton of weak toons on D so my opponents can get their feats done easier.

:'(
    The TRUE MVP
  • Daishi
    718 posts Member
    Alternative solution:

In my GAC final the opposing player messaged me before the round started and offered a compromise. If I would not set GL Rey, I could set any other defenses just not GLR, he would set a defense of his weakest characters, and send me screenshots of his defense on discord to prove it. I agreed and now I get max banners and easy feats, and he gets to full clear and get more banners than they would have if I'd set GLR and they'd still lost but not full cleared. This gives them their best chance at kyber, so they were willing to take the loss for the mathematical advantage in the long run. I sent screenshots of my defense after they set their's, and even included a team of gear 1 characters so they could complete the imp trooper feat.

We all win when we work together.
  • MetaThumper
    496 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    I think they ruined GAC for the majority of my opponents. They go high so I went deep and building my roster for GAC defense and every game mode. 8/10 GLs I face don't have enough to get passed my best teams on defense. If your roster is deep enough play that defense game OP. I assure you, it works if you play it right.aypi1k16mxwx.png

Look at her. Just standing there looking all
    bored.

• Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Not everyone will hate you, but they probably will realize that this attack hurts no one but them, and you basically sacrifice yourself to ruin their maximum score. That’s not anecdotal.
  • @MetaThumper 's strategy only works if your opponent has much worse mods. Doesn't hold water against similar mods.
  • EA_Joz
    4056 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Hello everyone! Please remember to keep things friendly and constructive.

EA_Joz
  • EA_Joz wrote: »

EA_Joz

We will once CG learns proper matchmaking algorithms. Literally lost my GAC round today just for the fact someone has a GL Rey on defense but bad toons otherwise. Literally bought the W hahah.
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    EA_Joz wrote: »

EA_Joz

We will once CG learns proper matchmaking algorithms. Literally lost my GAC round today just for the fact someone has a GL Rey on defense but bad toons otherwise. Literally bought the W hahah.
    1) how do you know they paid money?
    2) you know how matchmaking works. If you’re at 5.56M GP and refuse to work toward either GL, people with similar GP to you are going to have a GL more and more frequently. You’d better get used to it.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

EA_Joz

Lol Joz is literally just asking for respect. You should ALWAYS be respectful, regardless of your other concerns.

It feels like the matchmaking complaints are probably correct that not everything is equal, but I also feel like this is one of those moral scenarios where equality is just too hard to reach. Besides, a fight is never 100% equal. If it was, it would always result in a tie.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Although considering the fact that strategy is a thing, it might not always result in a tie. But who’s to say?

EA_Joz

2) you know how matchmaking works. If you’re at 5.56M GP and refuse to work toward either GL, people with similar GP to you are going to have a GL more and more frequently. You’d better get used to it.

Considering the rest of their team is barely even relic...and their account is fairly new...I’m going to go with the whale avenue.

2.) that’s not how it works. It’s the top 80 toons. His GP is low in other meta teams but maxed for resistance so he was raised to said bracket. No GAS, No DR, No Malak. So...yeah...there’s that.

3.) Rey is near unbeatable in 3v3 unless you use a GL, or use the cheese method which isn’t even a guarantee and still requires luck to work. Oh and that method requires 3 meta toons, sooooooo....
  • Nihion wrote: »
    Although considering the fact that strategy is a thing, it might not always result in a tie. But who’s to say?

Not much strategy involved when it’s either GL counter or cheese and pray while breaking up 3 teams for a chance to win. So there that. But sure, let’s show the company respect that doesn’t respect its player base. All for it haha

EA_Joz

Considering the rest of their team is barely even relic...and their account is fairly new...I’m going to go with the whale avenue.

2.) that’s not how it works. It’s the top 80 toons. His GP is low in other meta teams but maxed for resistance so he was raised to said bracket. No GAS, No DR, No Malak. So...yeah...there’s that.

3.) Rey is near unbeatable in 3v3 unless you use a GL, or use the cheese method which isn’t even a guarantee and still requires luck to work. Oh and that method requires 3 meta toons, sooooooo....

2) I know exactly how it works. My point is you are at 5.56M GP and you are nowhere near either GL. With 24 g13 toons and 90+ zetas, you run the risk of meeting GL owners. If this was the first time it happened then you are incredibly lucky.

And if they really didn’t have any of those teams, surely to goodness you could have placed things he couldn’t beat in bottom front zone?

All you’re listing here is more and more reasons why your decision not to get either GL is shooting yourself in the foot.

EA_Joz

2) I know exactly how it works. My point is you are at 5.56M GP and you are nowhere near either GL. With 24 g13 toons and 90+ zetas, you run the risk of meeting GL owners. If this was the first time it happened then you are incredibly lucky.

And if they really didn’t have any of those teams, surely to goodness you could have placed things he couldn’t beat in bottom front zone?

All you’re listing here is more and more reasons why your decision not to get either GL is shooting yourself in the foot.

Because I chose to help my guild with other more important teams at personal expense because CG doesn’t know proper matchmaking algorithms?
  • whatissleep
    20 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    Didn't think I'd find one of these complaint threads applicable until I hit division 1 but here I am. This is the first GAC round, I was matched up with a whale who has an ultimate Rey and will likely have SLKR by the next GAC when I have neither GL's nor counters for said GL's.

Here's the thing though, I can't really fault the matchmaking system because although my opponent is significantly stronger than me roster-wise, our gp stats are not that far apart. I can't really fault my roster either. I chose to build up teams I liked and made some choices for fun rather than strategy but I don't believe I have bloated my gp significantly by doing so. I could have a GL if I had made those choices but I didn't. BUT I also can't fault my opponent for spending the money to have an early advantage and making strategic roster investments. So I really have no recourse but to take the loss and improve and try again next time.

I agree it would be nice if matchmaking would take some of these things into consideration but I can't fault the players who made the choices to go for certain characters over others and who'd like to try out their squads. I think complete mirror matches would be extremely boring tbh and I'd like the chance to be able to try my squads against a variety of teams. While it would be nice to be able to win and to have a chance at kyber, I'm more interested in having fun, strategizing, and learning/improving.

Edit: wording made it seem like I was in division 1. I am not.
    Post edited by whatissleep on
  • Never thought I'd find one of these complaint threads applicable until I hit division 1 but here I am. This is the first GAC round, I was matched up with a whale who has an ultimate Rey and will likely have SLKR by the next GAC when I have neither GL's nor counters for said GL's.

Here's the thing though, I can't really fault the matchmaking system because although my opponent is significantly stronger than me roster-wise, our gp stats are not that far apart. I can't really fault my roster either. I chose to build up teams I liked and made some choices for fun rather than strategy but I don't believe I have bloated my gp significantly by doing so. I could have a GL if I had made those choices but I didn't. BUT I also can't fault my opponent for spending the money to have an early advantage and making strategic roster investments. So I really have no recourse but to take the loss and improve and try again next time.

I agree it would be nice if matchmaking would take some of these things into consideration but I can't fault the players who made the choices to go for certain characters over others and who'd like to try out their squads. I think complete mirror matches would be extremely boring tbh and I'd like the chance to be able to try my squads against a variety of teams. While it would be nice to be able to win and to have a chance at kyber, I'm more interested in having fun, strategizing, and learning/improving.

Challenges are fine. I face a couple teams with JKL, while I didn’t have him and it’s interesting to try the counters. Other mish mosh teams like the papa Palp with BSF and Malak, Rex lead, bastilla Jedi etc.

Those are fun. Heck even going against SLKR is fine and dandy because you can still win with proper counters. You don’t NEED a gl to win against him on the first try, especially not the second. With Rey you NEED a GL to get a one hit win or cheese it down and even then it’s no guarantee.
    Challenges are fine. I face a couple teams with JKL, while I didn’t have him and it’s interesting to try the counters. Other mish mosh teams like the papa Palp with BSF and Malak, Rex lead, bastilla Jedi etc.

Those are fun. Heck even going against SLKR is fine and dandy because you can still win with proper counters. You don’t NEED a gl to win against him on the first try, especially not the second. With Rey you NEED a GL to get a one hit win or cheese it down and even then it’s no guarantee.

Definitely. I enjoy challenging my expectations and pushing the limits on what my squads can do. But yeah I know I stand absolutely no chance against this ultimate Rey so I threw everything on defense.
  • TVF
    36522 posts Member
    Never thought I'd find one of these complaint threads applicable until I hit division 1 but here I am. This is the first GAC round, I was matched up with a whale who has an ultimate Rey and will likely have SLKR by the next GAC when I have neither GL's nor counters for said GL's.

#buffkylo
  • TVF
    36522 posts Member

EA_Joz

Because I chose to help my guild with other more important teams at personal expense because CG doesn’t know proper matchmaking algorithms?

Is your guild doing Hoth? Serious question, beacuse you have no Rey or Luke or KAM team.
  • I keep getting criticism for having so many relic toons and that is why I am matched against GLs in GA. So how many I suppose to start check listing GL Rey and Kylo without relicing the required toons? My relics are of course the DR meta, the GAS meta, i have half my FO relic'd and most of my Resistance relic'd because I am CHASING after the GLs and have slowly been doing so since the requirements were announced. My other relic'd toons are the required toons for JKL. A couple of relic'd droids when I was going for GAS too I guess. They can make it simple and match GL with other GL owners but they won't. Because them whales that spent $$$ to get their GLs need their easy wins. Don't criticize my roster to blame me for not having a GL by now. I'm trying to get to that point but it takes time. My roster is full of relics I needed to meet requirements and it is nothing less then that.

P.S. I may be losing every battle by i enjoy throwing my toughest teams at them on defense. If they want to bring a GL to a fight, no feats for you. I have yet to be full cleared even though I'm not hitting kyber this go around.
This discussion has been closed.