GL ruined GA for me

Replies

  • Jarvind
    3688 posts Member
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    because CG doesn’t know proper matchmaking algorithms?

    Please, share with us your expertise on how a matchmaking algorithm should be structured. Other than "so it's easier for me to win."
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png



  • Also, this is not like the Malak meta, this is not like the GAS meta. GL rey is practically unbeatable without specific toons i don't have. Don't @ me
  • Gifafi
    4898 posts Member
    Howrude wrote: »
    I keep getting criticism for having so many relic toons and that is why I am matched against GLs in GA. So how many I suppose to start check listing GL Rey and Kylo without relicing the required toons? My relics are of course the DR meta, the GAS meta, i have half my FO relic'd and most of my Resistance relic'd because I am CHASING after the GLs and have slowly been doing so since the requirements were announced. My other relic'd toons are the required toons for JKL. A couple of relic'd droids when I was going for GAS too I guess. They can make it simple and match GL with other GL owners but they won't. Because them whales that spent $$$ to get their GLs need their easy wins. Don't criticize my roster to blame me for not having a GL by now. I'm trying to get to that point but it takes time. My roster is full of relics I needed to meet requirements and it is nothing less then that.

    P.S. I may be losing every battle by i enjoy throwing my toughest teams at them on defense. If they want to bring a GL to a fight, no feats for you. I have yet to be full cleared even though I'm not hitting kyber this go around.

    you can bring the toons up to g12 or even lower if you do spreadseets or w/e (I can't be bothered to do that much work) and then just relic them all at once when you are ready to go for the gl. swgoh.gg has the gear reqs in its own little section so you can know how many relic mats etc you would need. If someone relic'd their kru fost foo phasma but are still at 5* for hux and FOSIT then they will be matched with players who will probably crush them, GL or not. If you are going for both GL's at the same time you will be doubly behind in overall roster and matched with GL's. It is what it is.
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    EA_Joz wrote: »
    Hello everyone! Please remember to keep things friendly and constructive.

    EA_Joz

    We will once CG learns proper matchmaking algorithms. Literally lost my GAC round today just for the fact someone has a GL Rey on defense but bad toons otherwise. Literally bought the W hahah.
    1) how do you know they paid money?
    2) you know how matchmaking works. If you’re at 5.56M GP and refuse to work toward either GL, people with similar GP to you are going to have a GL more and more frequently. You’d better get used to it.

    Considering the rest of their team is barely even relic...and their account is fairly new...I’m going to go with the whale avenue.

    2.) that’s not how it works. It’s the top 80 toons. His GP is low in other meta teams but maxed for resistance so he was raised to said bracket. No GAS, No DR, No Malak. So...yeah...there’s that.

    3.) Rey is near unbeatable in 3v3 unless you use a GL, or use the cheese method which isn’t even a guarantee and still requires luck to work. Oh and that method requires 3 meta toons, sooooooo....

    2) I know exactly how it works. My point is you are at 5.56M GP and you are nowhere near either GL. With 24 g13 toons and 90+ zetas, you run the risk of meeting GL owners. If this was the first time it happened then you are incredibly lucky.

    And if they really didn’t have any of those teams, surely to goodness you could have placed things he couldn’t beat in bottom front zone?

    All you’re listing here is more and more reasons why your decision not to get either GL is shooting yourself in the foot.

    Because I chose to help my guild with other more important teams at personal expense because CG doesn’t know proper matchmaking algorithms?

    what teams are those?
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Ravens1113
    2439 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    EA_Joz wrote: »
    Hello everyone! Please remember to keep things friendly and constructive.

    EA_Joz

    We will once CG learns proper matchmaking algorithms. Literally lost my GAC round today just for the fact someone has a GL Rey on defense but bad toons otherwise. Literally bought the W hahah.
    1) how do you know they paid money?
    2) you know how matchmaking works. If you’re at 5.56M GP and refuse to work toward either GL, people with similar GP to you are going to have a GL more and more frequently. You’d better get used to it.

    Considering the rest of their team is barely even relic...and their account is fairly new...I’m going to go with the whale avenue.

    2.) that’s not how it works. It’s the top 80 toons. His GP is low in other meta teams but maxed for resistance so he was raised to said bracket. No GAS, No DR, No Malak. So...yeah...there’s that.

    3.) Rey is near unbeatable in 3v3 unless you use a GL, or use the cheese method which isn’t even a guarantee and still requires luck to work. Oh and that method requires 3 meta toons, sooooooo....

    2) I know exactly how it works. My point is you are at 5.56M GP and you are nowhere near either GL. With 24 g13 toons and 90+ zetas, you run the risk of meeting GL owners. If this was the first time it happened then you are incredibly lucky.

    And if they really didn’t have any of those teams, surely to goodness you could have placed things he couldn’t beat in bottom front zone?

    All you’re listing here is more and more reasons why your decision not to get either GL is shooting yourself in the foot.

    Because I chose to help my guild with other more important teams at personal expense because CG doesn’t know proper matchmaking algorithms?

    Is your guild doing Hoth? Serious question, beacuse you have no Rey or Luke or KAM team.

    Ummm no. 31 stars on Geo and 20 on LS.

    Issue is no G12 income because in never get top 10 on HSTR and always get the same gear in the thermals and g12 guns. Furnaces and med pads are insanely scarce. And of course...stun guns
  • Ravens1113
    2439 posts Member
    Gifafi wrote: »
    Howrude wrote: »
    I keep getting criticism for having so many relic toons and that is why I am matched against GLs in GA. So how many I suppose to start check listing GL Rey and Kylo without relicing the required toons? My relics are of course the DR meta, the GAS meta, i have half my FO relic'd and most of my Resistance relic'd because I am CHASING after the GLs and have slowly been doing so since the requirements were announced. My other relic'd toons are the required toons for JKL. A couple of relic'd droids when I was going for GAS too I guess. They can make it simple and match GL with other GL owners but they won't. Because them whales that spent $$$ to get their GLs need their easy wins. Don't criticize my roster to blame me for not having a GL by now. I'm trying to get to that point but it takes time. My roster is full of relics I needed to meet requirements and it is nothing less then that.

    P.S. I may be losing every battle by i enjoy throwing my toughest teams at them on defense. If they want to bring a GL to a fight, no feats for you. I have yet to be full cleared even though I'm not hitting kyber this go around.

    you can bring the toons up to g12 or even lower if you do spreadseets or w/e (I can't be bothered to do that much work) and then just relic them all at once when you are ready to go for the gl. swgoh.gg has the gear reqs in its own little section so you can know how many relic mats etc you would need. If someone relic'd their kru fost foo phasma but are still at 5* for hux and FOSIT then they will be matched with players who will probably crush them, GL or not. If you are going for both GL's at the same time you will be doubly behind in overall roster and matched with GL's. It is what it is.
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    EA_Joz wrote: »
    Hello everyone! Please remember to keep things friendly and constructive.

    EA_Joz

    We will once CG learns proper matchmaking algorithms. Literally lost my GAC round today just for the fact someone has a GL Rey on defense but bad toons otherwise. Literally bought the W hahah.
    1) how do you know they paid money?
    2) you know how matchmaking works. If you’re at 5.56M GP and refuse to work toward either GL, people with similar GP to you are going to have a GL more and more frequently. You’d better get used to it.

    Considering the rest of their team is barely even relic...and their account is fairly new...I’m going to go with the whale avenue.

    2.) that’s not how it works. It’s the top 80 toons. His GP is low in other meta teams but maxed for resistance so he was raised to said bracket. No GAS, No DR, No Malak. So...yeah...there’s that.

    3.) Rey is near unbeatable in 3v3 unless you use a GL, or use the cheese method which isn’t even a guarantee and still requires luck to work. Oh and that method requires 3 meta toons, sooooooo....

    2) I know exactly how it works. My point is you are at 5.56M GP and you are nowhere near either GL. With 24 g13 toons and 90+ zetas, you run the risk of meeting GL owners. If this was the first time it happened then you are incredibly lucky.

    And if they really didn’t have any of those teams, surely to goodness you could have placed things he couldn’t beat in bottom front zone?

    All you’re listing here is more and more reasons why your decision not to get either GL is shooting yourself in the foot.

    Because I chose to help my guild with other more important teams at personal expense because CG doesn’t know proper matchmaking algorithms?

    what teams are those?

    GAS, Padme, JKR, DR, bugs, NS, GG. Just off the top of my head.

    Oddly enough, none of those teams can beat Rey 3v3....oh and Vader too. He’s crucial for winning 5v5 against Rey, but 3v3....nah
  • Ravens1113
    2439 posts Member
    Jarvind wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    because CG doesn’t know proper matchmaking algorithms?

    Please, share with us your expertise on how a matchmaking algorithm should be structured. Other than "so it's easier for me to win."

    Let’s see, for example my last GAC round someone had close to a million GP less than the next person in our bracket. Should he have been there?
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    EA_Joz wrote: »
    Hello everyone! Please remember to keep things friendly and constructive.

    EA_Joz

    We will once CG learns proper matchmaking algorithms. Literally lost my GAC round today just for the fact someone has a GL Rey on defense but bad toons otherwise. Literally bought the W hahah.
    1) how do you know they paid money?
    2) you know how matchmaking works. If you’re at 5.56M GP and refuse to work toward either GL, people with similar GP to you are going to have a GL more and more frequently. You’d better get used to it.

    Considering the rest of their team is barely even relic...and their account is fairly new...I’m going to go with the whale avenue.

    2.) that’s not how it works. It’s the top 80 toons. His GP is low in other meta teams but maxed for resistance so he was raised to said bracket. No GAS, No DR, No Malak. So...yeah...there’s that.

    3.) Rey is near unbeatable in 3v3 unless you use a GL, or use the cheese method which isn’t even a guarantee and still requires luck to work. Oh and that method requires 3 meta toons, sooooooo....

    Newer whales are generally easier to beat in my opinion. They have some relived toons but generally have far worse mods than someone who took years to get those teams.

    And if they only had resistance and GL Rey and the rest trash, at over 5 mil gp, you could have gone heavy on defense on one side and stopped them too. Which would have made the match come down to efficiency. Doesn't sound like matchmaking. Sounds like you just need to get good.
  • Howrude wrote: »
    I keep getting criticism for having so many relic toons and that is why I am matched against GLs in GA. So how many I suppose to start check listing GL Rey and Kylo without relicing the required toons? My relics are of course the DR meta, the GAS meta, i have half my FO relic'd and most of my Resistance relic'd because I am CHASING after the GLs and have slowly been doing so since the requirements were announced. My other relic'd toons are the required toons for JKL. A couple of relic'd droids when I was going for GAS too I guess. They can make it simple and match GL with other GL owners but they won't. Because them whales that spent $$$ to get their GLs need their easy wins. Don't criticize my roster to blame me for not having a GL by now. I'm trying to get to that point but it takes time. My roster is full of relics I needed to meet requirements and it is nothing less then that.

    P.S. I may be losing every battle by i enjoy throwing my toughest teams at them on defense. If they want to bring a GL to a fight, no feats for you. I have yet to be full cleared even though I'm not hitting kyber this go around.

    It might be better to focus on gearing one GL requirements at a time. That would minimize the not as useful relics until you have at least one of the GLs or Jedi Luke.
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Jarvind wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    because CG doesn’t know proper matchmaking algorithms?

    Please, share with us your expertise on how a matchmaking algorithm should be structured. Other than "so it's easier for me to win."

    Let’s see, for example my last GAC round someone had close to a million GP less than the next person in our bracket. Should he have been there?

    That depends. Before they changed the matchmaking to only include the top 80, the answer would be no. But without knowing the distribution of the rosters or the top 80 gp (which isn't listed anywhere as far as I can tell) it is impossible to tell from only the gp difference you listed.

    I was actually a fan of just using gp for matchmaking since it is far more transparent but people complained about that too.

    No matter how they do matchmaking, someone will complain. So no point in wasting time changing it now.

  • Ravens1113
    2439 posts Member
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Jarvind wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    because CG doesn’t know proper matchmaking algorithms?

    Please, share with us your expertise on how a matchmaking algorithm should be structured. Other than "so it's easier for me to win."

    Let’s see, for example my last GAC round someone had close to a million GP less than the next person in our bracket. Should he have been there?

    That depends. Before they changed the matchmaking to only include the top 80, the answer would be no. But without knowing the distribution of the rosters or the top 80 gp (which isn't listed anywhere as far as I can tell) it is impossible to tell from only the gp difference you listed.

    I was actually a fan of just using gp for matchmaking since it is far more transparent but people complained about that too.

    No matter how they do matchmaking, someone will complain. So no point in wasting time changing it now.
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    EA_Joz wrote: »
    Hello everyone! Please remember to keep things friendly and constructive.

    EA_Joz

    We will once CG learns proper matchmaking algorithms. Literally lost my GAC round today just for the fact someone has a GL Rey on defense but bad toons otherwise. Literally bought the W hahah.
    1) how do you know they paid money?
    2) you know how matchmaking works. If you’re at 5.56M GP and refuse to work toward either GL, people with similar GP to you are going to have a GL more and more frequently. You’d better get used to it.

    Considering the rest of their team is barely even relic...and their account is fairly new...I’m going to go with the whale avenue.

    2.) that’s not how it works. It’s the top 80 toons. His GP is low in other meta teams but maxed for resistance so he was raised to said bracket. No GAS, No DR, No Malak. So...yeah...there’s that.

    3.) Rey is near unbeatable in 3v3 unless you use a GL, or use the cheese method which isn’t even a guarantee and still requires luck to work. Oh and that method requires 3 meta toons, sooooooo....

    Newer whales are generally easier to beat in my opinion. They have some relived toons but generally have far worse mods than someone who took years to get those teams.

    And if they only had resistance and GL Rey and the rest trash, at over 5 mil gp, you could have gone heavy on defense on one side and stopped them too. Which would have made the match come down to efficiency. Doesn't sound like matchmaking. Sounds like you just need to get good.

    Lmao get gud response. Listen helmet, in a 5v5 format I don’t have complaints actually even facing double GL. I have counters for that and theory crafters have gifted us with plenty of counters using non GL stuff. 3v3 is a different ball game with GL Rey and the RH bro’s. There are literally two counters for that. One is viable and reliable in SLKR. Don’t have him. Now that I have my FO to G12 I can horde relic materials and G12+ gear for a month or 2 and get him finally....I hope.
    The other is the cheese combo which requires RNG to work. Well the game isn’t kind for that so if it doesn’t work then poof, gone.

    For me the bottom line is it’s another failure of testing for CG. Even with all her shortcomings, GL Rey in 3v3 is #1 on defense. It shouldn’t happen that several meta teams can’t beat her.

    As for my defense, setting 4 meta teams that got kitchen sinked won’t matter. If I can’t beat 1 team on his front wall but one shot all the others, he will still win. No one toon should
    Be able to withstand GAS, DR, JKR, Palp, GG, etc. and not die.
    Thats the main point. It’s not, “git gud” because trust me, in a 5v5 setting I can defeat GL’s. The 3v3 is what punishes non GL players and to that extent, yes I don’t think I should have to face GL’s in that case
  • TVF
    24993 posts Member
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Gifafi wrote: »
    Howrude wrote: »
    I keep getting criticism for having so many relic toons and that is why I am matched against GLs in GA. So how many I suppose to start check listing GL Rey and Kylo without relicing the required toons? My relics are of course the DR meta, the GAS meta, i have half my FO relic'd and most of my Resistance relic'd because I am CHASING after the GLs and have slowly been doing so since the requirements were announced. My other relic'd toons are the required toons for JKL. A couple of relic'd droids when I was going for GAS too I guess. They can make it simple and match GL with other GL owners but they won't. Because them whales that spent $$$ to get their GLs need their easy wins. Don't criticize my roster to blame me for not having a GL by now. I'm trying to get to that point but it takes time. My roster is full of relics I needed to meet requirements and it is nothing less then that.

    P.S. I may be losing every battle by i enjoy throwing my toughest teams at them on defense. If they want to bring a GL to a fight, no feats for you. I have yet to be full cleared even though I'm not hitting kyber this go around.

    you can bring the toons up to g12 or even lower if you do spreadseets or w/e (I can't be bothered to do that much work) and then just relic them all at once when you are ready to go for the gl. swgoh.gg has the gear reqs in its own little section so you can know how many relic mats etc you would need. If someone relic'd their kru fost foo phasma but are still at 5* for hux and FOSIT then they will be matched with players who will probably crush them, GL or not. If you are going for both GL's at the same time you will be doubly behind in overall roster and matched with GL's. It is what it is.
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    EA_Joz wrote: »
    Hello everyone! Please remember to keep things friendly and constructive.

    EA_Joz

    We will once CG learns proper matchmaking algorithms. Literally lost my GAC round today just for the fact someone has a GL Rey on defense but bad toons otherwise. Literally bought the W hahah.
    1) how do you know they paid money?
    2) you know how matchmaking works. If you’re at 5.56M GP and refuse to work toward either GL, people with similar GP to you are going to have a GL more and more frequently. You’d better get used to it.

    Considering the rest of their team is barely even relic...and their account is fairly new...I’m going to go with the whale avenue.

    2.) that’s not how it works. It’s the top 80 toons. His GP is low in other meta teams but maxed for resistance so he was raised to said bracket. No GAS, No DR, No Malak. So...yeah...there’s that.

    3.) Rey is near unbeatable in 3v3 unless you use a GL, or use the cheese method which isn’t even a guarantee and still requires luck to work. Oh and that method requires 3 meta toons, sooooooo....

    2) I know exactly how it works. My point is you are at 5.56M GP and you are nowhere near either GL. With 24 g13 toons and 90+ zetas, you run the risk of meeting GL owners. If this was the first time it happened then you are incredibly lucky.

    And if they really didn’t have any of those teams, surely to goodness you could have placed things he couldn’t beat in bottom front zone?

    All you’re listing here is more and more reasons why your decision not to get either GL is shooting yourself in the foot.

    Because I chose to help my guild with other more important teams at personal expense because CG doesn’t know proper matchmaking algorithms?

    what teams are those?

    GAS, Padme, JKR, DR, bugs, NS, GG. Just off the top of my head.

    Oddly enough, none of those teams can beat Rey 3v3....oh and Vader too. He’s crucial for winning 5v5 against Rey, but 3v3....nah

    I have all those. Plus Rey, Luke, and a KAM team.

    We have identical top 80 GP btw.
    The CGDF is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Jarvind wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    because CG doesn’t know proper matchmaking algorithms?

    Please, share with us your expertise on how a matchmaking algorithm should be structured. Other than "so it's easier for me to win."

    Let’s see, for example my last GAC round someone had close to a million GP less than the next person in our bracket. Should he have been there?

    That depends. Before they changed the matchmaking to only include the top 80, the answer would be no. But without knowing the distribution of the rosters or the top 80 gp (which isn't listed anywhere as far as I can tell) it is impossible to tell from only the gp difference you listed.

    I was actually a fan of just using gp for matchmaking since it is far more transparent but people complained about that too.

    No matter how they do matchmaking, someone will complain. So no point in wasting time changing it now.
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    EA_Joz wrote: »
    Hello everyone! Please remember to keep things friendly and constructive.

    EA_Joz

    We will once CG learns proper matchmaking algorithms. Literally lost my GAC round today just for the fact someone has a GL Rey on defense but bad toons otherwise. Literally bought the W hahah.
    1) how do you know they paid money?
    2) you know how matchmaking works. If you’re at 5.56M GP and refuse to work toward either GL, people with similar GP to you are going to have a GL more and more frequently. You’d better get used to it.

    Considering the rest of their team is barely even relic...and their account is fairly new...I’m going to go with the whale avenue.

    2.) that’s not how it works. It’s the top 80 toons. His GP is low in other meta teams but maxed for resistance so he was raised to said bracket. No GAS, No DR, No Malak. So...yeah...there’s that.

    3.) Rey is near unbeatable in 3v3 unless you use a GL, or use the cheese method which isn’t even a guarantee and still requires luck to work. Oh and that method requires 3 meta toons, sooooooo....

    Newer whales are generally easier to beat in my opinion. They have some relived toons but generally have far worse mods than someone who took years to get those teams.

    And if they only had resistance and GL Rey and the rest trash, at over 5 mil gp, you could have gone heavy on defense on one side and stopped them too. Which would have made the match come down to efficiency. Doesn't sound like matchmaking. Sounds like you just need to get good.

    Lmao get gud response. Listen helmet, in a 5v5 format I don’t have complaints actually even facing double GL. I have counters for that and theory crafters have gifted us with plenty of counters using non GL stuff. 3v3 is a different ball game with GL Rey and the RH bro’s. There are literally two counters for that. One is viable and reliable in SLKR. Don’t have him. Now that I have my FO to G12 I can horde relic materials and G12+ gear for a month or 2 and get him finally....I hope.
    The other is the cheese combo which requires RNG to work. Well the game isn’t kind for that so if it doesn’t work then poof, gone.

    For me the bottom line is it’s another failure of testing for CG. Even with all her shortcomings, GL Rey in 3v3 is #1 on defense. It shouldn’t happen that several meta teams can’t beat her.

    As for my defense, setting 4 meta teams that got kitchen sinked won’t matter. If I can’t beat 1 team on his front wall but one shot all the others, he will still win. No one toon should
    Be able to withstand GAS, DR, JKR, Palp, GG, etc. and not die.
    Thats the main point. It’s not, “git gud” because trust me, in a 5v5 setting I can defeat GL’s. The 3v3 is what punishes non GL players and to that extent, yes I don’t think I should have to face GL’s in that case

    If you set a defense they can't clear on the front wall and clear one side and the other 2 or 3 teams on the bottom and do it efficiently, you can still win by points if they have the GL Rey team on defense.

    It is still just one team. If you know you can't clear the team, then the strategy is to make them not clear you as well. One team doesn't make it impossible to win even if, it is impossible to beat with your roster.

    I also don't have the current meta and there are some teams I don't have counters to. But if I know that I can't full clear, I go heavy on defense. Just like if I suspect that I have a team my opponent can't clear(and I have no GLs but occasionally, I face opponents with inferior mods and a legendary or two behind me), I set it on defense on one side and put trash behind it.

    My point is you hear this complaint with every new meta. "It isn't fair that I have to face a new character that I don't have yet." Then counters come out and life moves on.
  • Ravens1113
    2439 posts Member
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Jarvind wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    because CG doesn’t know proper matchmaking algorithms?

    Please, share with us your expertise on how a matchmaking algorithm should be structured. Other than "so it's easier for me to win."

    Let’s see, for example my last GAC round someone had close to a million GP less than the next person in our bracket. Should he have been there?

    That depends. Before they changed the matchmaking to only include the top 80, the answer would be no. But without knowing the distribution of the rosters or the top 80 gp (which isn't listed anywhere as far as I can tell) it is impossible to tell from only the gp difference you listed.

    I was actually a fan of just using gp for matchmaking since it is far more transparent but people complained about that too.

    No matter how they do matchmaking, someone will complain. So no point in wasting time changing it now.
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    EA_Joz wrote: »
    Hello everyone! Please remember to keep things friendly and constructive.

    EA_Joz

    We will once CG learns proper matchmaking algorithms. Literally lost my GAC round today just for the fact someone has a GL Rey on defense but bad toons otherwise. Literally bought the W hahah.
    1) how do you know they paid money?
    2) you know how matchmaking works. If you’re at 5.56M GP and refuse to work toward either GL, people with similar GP to you are going to have a GL more and more frequently. You’d better get used to it.

    Considering the rest of their team is barely even relic...and their account is fairly new...I’m going to go with the whale avenue.

    2.) that’s not how it works. It’s the top 80 toons. His GP is low in other meta teams but maxed for resistance so he was raised to said bracket. No GAS, No DR, No Malak. So...yeah...there’s that.

    3.) Rey is near unbeatable in 3v3 unless you use a GL, or use the cheese method which isn’t even a guarantee and still requires luck to work. Oh and that method requires 3 meta toons, sooooooo....

    Newer whales are generally easier to beat in my opinion. They have some relived toons but generally have far worse mods than someone who took years to get those teams.

    And if they only had resistance and GL Rey and the rest trash, at over 5 mil gp, you could have gone heavy on defense on one side and stopped them too. Which would have made the match come down to efficiency. Doesn't sound like matchmaking. Sounds like you just need to get good.

    Lmao get gud response. Listen helmet, in a 5v5 format I don’t have complaints actually even facing double GL. I have counters for that and theory crafters have gifted us with plenty of counters using non GL stuff. 3v3 is a different ball game with GL Rey and the RH bro’s. There are literally two counters for that. One is viable and reliable in SLKR. Don’t have him. Now that I have my FO to G12 I can horde relic materials and G12+ gear for a month or 2 and get him finally....I hope.
    The other is the cheese combo which requires RNG to work. Well the game isn’t kind for that so if it doesn’t work then poof, gone.

    For me the bottom line is it’s another failure of testing for CG. Even with all her shortcomings, GL Rey in 3v3 is #1 on defense. It shouldn’t happen that several meta teams can’t beat her.

    As for my defense, setting 4 meta teams that got kitchen sinked won’t matter. If I can’t beat 1 team on his front wall but one shot all the others, he will still win. No one toon should
    Be able to withstand GAS, DR, JKR, Palp, GG, etc. and not die.
    Thats the main point. It’s not, “git gud” because trust me, in a 5v5 setting I can defeat GL’s. The 3v3 is what punishes non GL players and to that extent, yes I don’t think I should have to face GL’s in that case

    If you set a defense they can't clear on the front wall and clear one side and the other 2 or 3 teams on the bottom and do it efficiently, you can still win by points if they have the GL Rey team on defense.

    It is still just one team. If you know you can't clear the team, then the strategy is to make them not clear you as well. One team doesn't make it impossible to win even if, it is impossible to beat with your roster.

    I also don't have the current meta and there are some teams I don't have counters to. But if I know that I can't full clear, I go heavy on defense. Just like if I suspect that I have a team my opponent can't clear(and I have no GLs but occasionally, I face opponents with inferior mods and a legendary or two behind me), I set it on defense on one side and put trash behind it.

    My point is you hear this complaint with every new meta. "It isn't fair that I have to face a new character that I don't have yet." Then counters come out and life moves on.

    See when you couldn’t be more wrong. This isn’t a “oh I don’t have the toon so I don’t wanna play against it” thing. When GAS came out and I didn’t get him till the 3rd go around I was able to properly still win with DR. Or could bring the team down to just gas then clean up. Plenty of meta counters, theory counters and even in 3v3, still bearable and beatable.

    Now shift focus tonGL’s. SLKR falls under that. No issues 5v5 or 3v3. There are one try teams and also the two shot teams. For GL Rey you have her kit so lopsided that 3v3 you have two options; a GL counter or cheese it with one RNG laden team.

    So no, this isnt what you claim it to be. The fact you are defending how unbalanced she is 3v3 on defense against non GL’s kind of shows your overall lack of understanding to this game. Kinda funny actually
  • Ravens1113
    2439 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Gifafi wrote: »
    Howrude wrote: »
    I keep getting criticism for having so many relic toons and that is why I am matched against GLs in GA. So how many I suppose to start check listing GL Rey and Kylo without relicing the required toons? My relics are of course the DR meta, the GAS meta, i have half my FO relic'd and most of my Resistance relic'd because I am CHASING after the GLs and have slowly been doing so since the requirements were announced. My other relic'd toons are the required toons for JKL. A couple of relic'd droids when I was going for GAS too I guess. They can make it simple and match GL with other GL owners but they won't. Because them whales that spent $$$ to get their GLs need their easy wins. Don't criticize my roster to blame me for not having a GL by now. I'm trying to get to that point but it takes time. My roster is full of relics I needed to meet requirements and it is nothing less then that.

    P.S. I may be losing every battle by i enjoy throwing my toughest teams at them on defense. If they want to bring a GL to a fight, no feats for you. I have yet to be full cleared even though I'm not hitting kyber this go around.

    you can bring the toons up to g12 or even lower if you do spreadseets or w/e (I can't be bothered to do that much work) and then just relic them all at once when you are ready to go for the gl. swgoh.gg has the gear reqs in its own little section so you can know how many relic mats etc you would need. If someone relic'd their kru fost foo phasma but are still at 5* for hux and FOSIT then they will be matched with players who will probably crush them, GL or not. If you are going for both GL's at the same time you will be doubly behind in overall roster and matched with GL's. It is what it is.
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    EA_Joz wrote: »
    Hello everyone! Please remember to keep things friendly and constructive.

    EA_Joz

    We will once CG learns proper matchmaking algorithms. Literally lost my GAC round today just for the fact someone has a GL Rey on defense but bad toons otherwise. Literally bought the W hahah.
    1) how do you know they paid money?
    2) you know how matchmaking works. If you’re at 5.56M GP and refuse to work toward either GL, people with similar GP to you are going to have a GL more and more frequently. You’d better get used to it.

    Considering the rest of their team is barely even relic...and their account is fairly new...I’m going to go with the whale avenue.

    2.) that’s not how it works. It’s the top 80 toons. His GP is low in other meta teams but maxed for resistance so he was raised to said bracket. No GAS, No DR, No Malak. So...yeah...there’s that.

    3.) Rey is near unbeatable in 3v3 unless you use a GL, or use the cheese method which isn’t even a guarantee and still requires luck to work. Oh and that method requires 3 meta toons, sooooooo....

    2) I know exactly how it works. My point is you are at 5.56M GP and you are nowhere near either GL. With 24 g13 toons and 90+ zetas, you run the risk of meeting GL owners. If this was the first time it happened then you are incredibly lucky.

    And if they really didn’t have any of those teams, surely to goodness you could have placed things he couldn’t beat in bottom front zone?

    All you’re listing here is more and more reasons why your decision not to get either GL is shooting yourself in the foot.

    Because I chose to help my guild with other more important teams at personal expense because CG doesn’t know proper matchmaking algorithms?

    what teams are those?

    GAS, Padme, JKR, DR, bugs, NS, GG. Just off the top of my head.

    Oddly enough, none of those teams can beat Rey 3v3....oh and Vader too. He’s crucial for winning 5v5 against Rey, but 3v3....nah

    I have all those. Plus Rey, Luke, and a KAM team.

    We have identical top 80 GP btw.

    If only we could play 1v1 against each other for fun....or if only KAM had viability with GR Jedi (cough rework cough), but those are issues for another thread. I’ll have SLKR by labor day though...I hope.
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Jarvind wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    because CG doesn’t know proper matchmaking algorithms?

    Please, share with us your expertise on how a matchmaking algorithm should be structured. Other than "so it's easier for me to win."

    Let’s see, for example my last GAC round someone had close to a million GP less than the next person in our bracket. Should he have been there?

    That depends. Before they changed the matchmaking to only include the top 80, the answer would be no. But without knowing the distribution of the rosters or the top 80 gp (which isn't listed anywhere as far as I can tell) it is impossible to tell from only the gp difference you listed.

    I was actually a fan of just using gp for matchmaking since it is far more transparent but people complained about that too.

    No matter how they do matchmaking, someone will complain. So no point in wasting time changing it now.
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    EA_Joz wrote: »
    Hello everyone! Please remember to keep things friendly and constructive.

    EA_Joz

    We will once CG learns proper matchmaking algorithms. Literally lost my GAC round today just for the fact someone has a GL Rey on defense but bad toons otherwise. Literally bought the W hahah.
    1) how do you know they paid money?
    2) you know how matchmaking works. If you’re at 5.56M GP and refuse to work toward either GL, people with similar GP to you are going to have a GL more and more frequently. You’d better get used to it.

    Considering the rest of their team is barely even relic...and their account is fairly new...I’m going to go with the whale avenue.

    2.) that’s not how it works. It’s the top 80 toons. His GP is low in other meta teams but maxed for resistance so he was raised to said bracket. No GAS, No DR, No Malak. So...yeah...there’s that.

    3.) Rey is near unbeatable in 3v3 unless you use a GL, or use the cheese method which isn’t even a guarantee and still requires luck to work. Oh and that method requires 3 meta toons, sooooooo....

    Newer whales are generally easier to beat in my opinion. They have some relived toons but generally have far worse mods than someone who took years to get those teams.

    And if they only had resistance and GL Rey and the rest trash, at over 5 mil gp, you could have gone heavy on defense on one side and stopped them too. Which would have made the match come down to efficiency. Doesn't sound like matchmaking. Sounds like you just need to get good.

    Lmao get gud response. Listen helmet, in a 5v5 format I don’t have complaints actually even facing double GL. I have counters for that and theory crafters have gifted us with plenty of counters using non GL stuff. 3v3 is a different ball game with GL Rey and the RH bro’s. There are literally two counters for that. One is viable and reliable in SLKR. Don’t have him. Now that I have my FO to G12 I can horde relic materials and G12+ gear for a month or 2 and get him finally....I hope.
    The other is the cheese combo which requires RNG to work. Well the game isn’t kind for that so if it doesn’t work then poof, gone.

    For me the bottom line is it’s another failure of testing for CG. Even with all her shortcomings, GL Rey in 3v3 is #1 on defense. It shouldn’t happen that several meta teams can’t beat her.

    As for my defense, setting 4 meta teams that got kitchen sinked won’t matter. If I can’t beat 1 team on his front wall but one shot all the others, he will still win. No one toon should
    Be able to withstand GAS, DR, JKR, Palp, GG, etc. and not die.
    Thats the main point. It’s not, “git gud” because trust me, in a 5v5 setting I can defeat GL’s. The 3v3 is what punishes non GL players and to that extent, yes I don’t think I should have to face GL’s in that case

    If you set a defense they can't clear on the front wall and clear one side and the other 2 or 3 teams on the bottom and do it efficiently, you can still win by points if they have the GL Rey team on defense.

    It is still just one team. If you know you can't clear the team, then the strategy is to make them not clear you as well. One team doesn't make it impossible to win even if, it is impossible to beat with your roster.

    I also don't have the current meta and there are some teams I don't have counters to. But if I know that I can't full clear, I go heavy on defense. Just like if I suspect that I have a team my opponent can't clear(and I have no GLs but occasionally, I face opponents with inferior mods and a legendary or two behind me), I set it on defense on one side and put trash behind it.

    My point is you hear this complaint with every new meta. "It isn't fair that I have to face a new character that I don't have yet." Then counters come out and life moves on.

    See when you couldn’t be more wrong. This isn’t a “oh I don’t have the toon so I don’t wanna play against it” thing. When GAS came out and I didn’t get him till the 3rd go around I was able to properly still win with DR. Or could bring the team down to just gas then clean up. Plenty of meta counters, theory counters and even in 3v3, still bearable and beatable.

    Now shift focus tonGL’s. SLKR falls under that. No issues 5v5 or 3v3. There are one try teams and also the two shot teams. For GL Rey you have her kit so lopsided that 3v3 you have two options; a GL counter or cheese it with one RNG laden team.

    So no, this isnt what you claim it to be. The fact you are defending how unbalanced she is 3v3 on defense against non GL’s kind of shows your overall lack of understanding to this game. Kinda funny actually

    The fact that you are one of the only ones complaining about the team shows that there are others that can beat it.

    You said yourself SLKR could beat it. I'd say 90% or more people that face that, probably also have a GL and can either set their own or have kylo to beat it.

    I personally have neither. I haven't run into a gl Rey in 3v3 so I can't test it for myself. My go is still lower (about 4.5 mil) so I think to get a gl bloats your gp beyond that.

    I took an 8 month break from the game in October of last year so missed out on the GL, gas, and jedi Luke. I have all the other meta toons but only a handful of relics at this point.

    And I'm keeping it that way for now on purpose. I only g13 and relic a toon if I will get use out of it. Until then I'm hoarding gear for either gas or jedi Luke and then SLKR. Or a new toon if it comes sooner and is good.

    Even after an 8 mo break, I'm back to 1st or 2nd in both arenas due to smart use of counters.

    I also still manage to get top 10 in hstr still even with some solos happening.

    Just because I don't believe you that the team is broken doesn't mean that I don't understand the game.

    To be facing GL Rey regularly in Gac, you must have a ton of relics. Either there are some that are at least useful in holding on defense so your opponent doesn't full clear you as well, or you leveled a bunch of crap toons and your problem is of your own making.

    One counter idea. Imperial probe droid may be able to remove chewy if you can get him to go below 100% health but not die and still get a turn before Rey goes all crazy on defense. Probably won't beat the whole team but if you remove the guard, it should make cleaning up easier.
  • I'd say 90% or more people that face that, probably also have a GL and can either set their own or have kylo to beat it.

    I personally have neither. I haven't run into a gl Rey in 3v3 so I can't test it for myself.
    I’ll attribute my GL matchup to bad RNG. But in higher divisions where GLs are more prevalent, I think it would be a bit surprising to almost never run into one. Although I guess they are still new enough that it’s possible to never encounter one. — I see you said 3v3 but the point still stands.
  • Ravens1113
    2439 posts Member
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Jarvind wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    because CG doesn’t know proper matchmaking algorithms?

    Please, share with us your expertise on how a matchmaking algorithm should be structured. Other than "so it's easier for me to win."

    Let’s see, for example my last GAC round someone had close to a million GP less than the next person in our bracket. Should he have been there?

    That depends. Before they changed the matchmaking to only include the top 80, the answer would be no. But without knowing the distribution of the rosters or the top 80 gp (which isn't listed anywhere as far as I can tell) it is impossible to tell from only the gp difference you listed.

    I was actually a fan of just using gp for matchmaking since it is far more transparent but people complained about that too.

    No matter how they do matchmaking, someone will complain. So no point in wasting time changing it now.
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    EA_Joz wrote: »
    Hello everyone! Please remember to keep things friendly and constructive.

    EA_Joz

    We will once CG learns proper matchmaking algorithms. Literally lost my GAC round today just for the fact someone has a GL Rey on defense but bad toons otherwise. Literally bought the W hahah.
    1) how do you know they paid money?
    2) you know how matchmaking works. If you’re at 5.56M GP and refuse to work toward either GL, people with similar GP to you are going to have a GL more and more frequently. You’d better get used to it.

    Considering the rest of their team is barely even relic...and their account is fairly new...I’m going to go with the whale avenue.

    2.) that’s not how it works. It’s the top 80 toons. His GP is low in other meta teams but maxed for resistance so he was raised to said bracket. No GAS, No DR, No Malak. So...yeah...there’s that.

    3.) Rey is near unbeatable in 3v3 unless you use a GL, or use the cheese method which isn’t even a guarantee and still requires luck to work. Oh and that method requires 3 meta toons, sooooooo....

    Newer whales are generally easier to beat in my opinion. They have some relived toons but generally have far worse mods than someone who took years to get those teams.

    And if they only had resistance and GL Rey and the rest trash, at over 5 mil gp, you could have gone heavy on defense on one side and stopped them too. Which would have made the match come down to efficiency. Doesn't sound like matchmaking. Sounds like you just need to get good.

    Lmao get gud response. Listen helmet, in a 5v5 format I don’t have complaints actually even facing double GL. I have counters for that and theory crafters have gifted us with plenty of counters using non GL stuff. 3v3 is a different ball game with GL Rey and the RH bro’s. There are literally two counters for that. One is viable and reliable in SLKR. Don’t have him. Now that I have my FO to G12 I can horde relic materials and G12+ gear for a month or 2 and get him finally....I hope.
    The other is the cheese combo which requires RNG to work. Well the game isn’t kind for that so if it doesn’t work then poof, gone.

    For me the bottom line is it’s another failure of testing for CG. Even with all her shortcomings, GL Rey in 3v3 is #1 on defense. It shouldn’t happen that several meta teams can’t beat her.

    As for my defense, setting 4 meta teams that got kitchen sinked won’t matter. If I can’t beat 1 team on his front wall but one shot all the others, he will still win. No one toon should
    Be able to withstand GAS, DR, JKR, Palp, GG, etc. and not die.
    Thats the main point. It’s not, “git gud” because trust me, in a 5v5 setting I can defeat GL’s. The 3v3 is what punishes non GL players and to that extent, yes I don’t think I should have to face GL’s in that case

    If you set a defense they can't clear on the front wall and clear one side and the other 2 or 3 teams on the bottom and do it efficiently, you can still win by points if they have the GL Rey team on defense.

    It is still just one team. If you know you can't clear the team, then the strategy is to make them not clear you as well. One team doesn't make it impossible to win even if, it is impossible to beat with your roster.

    I also don't have the current meta and there are some teams I don't have counters to. But if I know that I can't full clear, I go heavy on defense. Just like if I suspect that I have a team my opponent can't clear(and I have no GLs but occasionally, I face opponents with inferior mods and a legendary or two behind me), I set it on defense on one side and put trash behind it.

    My point is you hear this complaint with every new meta. "It isn't fair that I have to face a new character that I don't have yet." Then counters come out and life moves on.

    See when you couldn’t be more wrong. This isn’t a “oh I don’t have the toon so I don’t wanna play against it” thing. When GAS came out and I didn’t get him till the 3rd go around I was able to properly still win with DR. Or could bring the team down to just gas then clean up. Plenty of meta counters, theory counters and even in 3v3, still bearable and beatable.

    Now shift focus tonGL’s. SLKR falls under that. No issues 5v5 or 3v3. There are one try teams and also the two shot teams. For GL Rey you have her kit so lopsided that 3v3 you have two options; a GL counter or cheese it with one RNG laden team.

    So no, this isnt what you claim it to be. The fact you are defending how unbalanced she is 3v3 on defense against non GL’s kind of shows your overall lack of understanding to this game. Kinda funny actually

    The fact that you are one of the only ones complaining about the team shows that there are others that can beat it.

    You said yourself SLKR could beat it. I'd say 90% or more people that face that, probably also have a GL and can either set their own or have kylo to beat it.

    I personally have neither. I haven't run into a gl Rey in 3v3 so I can't test it for myself. My go is still lower (about 4.5 mil) so I think to get a gl bloats your gp beyond that.

    I took an 8 month break from the game in October of last year so missed out on the GL, gas, and jedi Luke. I have all the other meta toons but only a handful of relics at this point.

    And I'm keeping it that way for now on purpose. I only g13 and relic a toon if I will get use out of it. Until then I'm hoarding gear for either gas or jedi Luke and then SLKR. Or a new toon if it comes sooner and is good.

    Even after an 8 mo break, I'm back to 1st or 2nd in both arenas due to smart use of counters.

    I also still manage to get top 10 in hstr still even with some solos happening.

    Just because I don't believe you that the team is broken doesn't mean that I don't understand the game.

    To be facing GL Rey regularly in Gac, you must have a ton of relics. Either there are some that are at least useful in holding on defense so your opponent doesn't full clear you as well, or you leveled a bunch of crap toons and your problem is of your own making.

    One counter idea. Imperial probe droid may be able to remove chewy if you can get him to go below 100% health but not die and still get a turn before Rey goes all crazy on defense. Probably won't beat the whole team but if you remove the guard, it should make cleaning up easier.

    GL’s are immune to massive damage so that won’t work.

    Rey’s whirlwind and her damage immunity coupled with with her ultimate defensive stance that keeps her from dying is all packaged into one big issue with 3v3.

    If you don’t know her kit or how she works in 3v3 why are you commenting and condescending on those that are facing her and have tested/researched/looked into/whatever adjective you want to use and see there are 2 counters in 3v3, one requiring a GL.

    I didn’t relic junk toons. As you see in previous comments; GAS, 501st, DR, Padme, GG, JKR, NS, bugs are all needed for TB and TW. They have Uses. But again, the issue remains that all those teams I just listed that are somewhat Meta can’t bet Rey 3v3. You think that’s ok? Maybe you need another break
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Jarvind wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    because CG doesn’t know proper matchmaking algorithms?

    Please, share with us your expertise on how a matchmaking algorithm should be structured. Other than "so it's easier for me to win."

    Let’s see, for example my last GAC round someone had close to a million GP less than the next person in our bracket. Should he have been there?
    Hah! I thought you said you knew how matchmaking worked?! Quoting total GP differences is not relevant, and anyone who knows how matchmaking worked would know that.
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Gifafi wrote: »
    Howrude wrote: »
    I keep getting criticism for having so many relic toons and that is why I am matched against GLs in GA. So how many I suppose to start check listing GL Rey and Kylo without relicing the required toons? My relics are of course the DR meta, the GAS meta, i have half my FO relic'd and most of my Resistance relic'd because I am CHASING after the GLs and have slowly been doing so since the requirements were announced. My other relic'd toons are the required toons for JKL. A couple of relic'd droids when I was going for GAS too I guess. They can make it simple and match GL with other GL owners but they won't. Because them whales that spent $$$ to get their GLs need their easy wins. Don't criticize my roster to blame me for not having a GL by now. I'm trying to get to that point but it takes time. My roster is full of relics I needed to meet requirements and it is nothing less then that.

    P.S. I may be losing every battle by i enjoy throwing my toughest teams at them on defense. If they want to bring a GL to a fight, no feats for you. I have yet to be full cleared even though I'm not hitting kyber this go around.

    you can bring the toons up to g12 or even lower if you do spreadseets or w/e (I can't be bothered to do that much work) and then just relic them all at once when you are ready to go for the gl. swgoh.gg has the gear reqs in its own little section so you can know how many relic mats etc you would need. If someone relic'd their kru fost foo phasma but are still at 5* for hux and FOSIT then they will be matched with players who will probably crush them, GL or not. If you are going for both GL's at the same time you will be doubly behind in overall roster and matched with GL's. It is what it is.
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    EA_Joz wrote: »
    Hello everyone! Please remember to keep things friendly and constructive.

    EA_Joz

    We will once CG learns proper matchmaking algorithms. Literally lost my GAC round today just for the fact someone has a GL Rey on defense but bad toons otherwise. Literally bought the W hahah.
    1) how do you know they paid money?
    2) you know how matchmaking works. If you’re at 5.56M GP and refuse to work toward either GL, people with similar GP to you are going to have a GL more and more frequently. You’d better get used to it.

    Considering the rest of their team is barely even relic...and their account is fairly new...I’m going to go with the whale avenue.

    2.) that’s not how it works. It’s the top 80 toons. His GP is low in other meta teams but maxed for resistance so he was raised to said bracket. No GAS, No DR, No Malak. So...yeah...there’s that.

    3.) Rey is near unbeatable in 3v3 unless you use a GL, or use the cheese method which isn’t even a guarantee and still requires luck to work. Oh and that method requires 3 meta toons, sooooooo....

    2) I know exactly how it works. My point is you are at 5.56M GP and you are nowhere near either GL. With 24 g13 toons and 90+ zetas, you run the risk of meeting GL owners. If this was the first time it happened then you are incredibly lucky.

    And if they really didn’t have any of those teams, surely to goodness you could have placed things he couldn’t beat in bottom front zone?

    All you’re listing here is more and more reasons why your decision not to get either GL is shooting yourself in the foot.

    Because I chose to help my guild with other more important teams at personal expense because CG doesn’t know proper matchmaking algorithms?

    what teams are those?

    GAS, Padme, JKR, DR, bugs, NS, GG. Just off the top of my head.

    Oddly enough, none of those teams can beat Rey 3v3....oh and Vader too. He’s crucial for winning 5v5 against Rey, but 3v3....nah
    I had all of those teams long before going for Rey, who I have now maxed and SLKR will be unlocked by the weekend.

    Like I say, the longer it takes you to get your first GL toon, more and more people in your matchmaking range are going to get them before you.
  • Nihion
    3002 posts Member
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Nihion wrote: »
    Although considering the fact that strategy is a thing, it might not always result in a tie. But who’s to say?

    Not much strategy involved when it’s either GL counter or cheese and pray while breaking up 3 teams for a chance to win. So there that. But sure, let’s show the company respect that doesn’t respect its player base. All for it haha

    So you agree with me that no match could ever truly be equal, and what you’re asking for is impossible? That, or you didn’t read my first post...

    It’s not respect for the company, it’s respect for other people. You know, like the golden rule. Not sure why you argued against human decency between two people, but okay.
  • GJO
    124 posts Member
    So far, 3 opponents with GL, beat them all.
    Not pretty though, 7 battles against Rey, 6 of them adjusting cooldown and letting her killing herself into yellow HP. But works. Fact is, is not impossible, is just messy, as it should be if you don't own a ultimate tool for GAC.
  • TVF
    24993 posts Member
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Gifafi wrote: »
    Howrude wrote: »
    I keep getting criticism for having so many relic toons and that is why I am matched against GLs in GA. So how many I suppose to start check listing GL Rey and Kylo without relicing the required toons? My relics are of course the DR meta, the GAS meta, i have half my FO relic'd and most of my Resistance relic'd because I am CHASING after the GLs and have slowly been doing so since the requirements were announced. My other relic'd toons are the required toons for JKL. A couple of relic'd droids when I was going for GAS too I guess. They can make it simple and match GL with other GL owners but they won't. Because them whales that spent $$$ to get their GLs need their easy wins. Don't criticize my roster to blame me for not having a GL by now. I'm trying to get to that point but it takes time. My roster is full of relics I needed to meet requirements and it is nothing less then that.

    P.S. I may be losing every battle by i enjoy throwing my toughest teams at them on defense. If they want to bring a GL to a fight, no feats for you. I have yet to be full cleared even though I'm not hitting kyber this go around.

    you can bring the toons up to g12 or even lower if you do spreadseets or w/e (I can't be bothered to do that much work) and then just relic them all at once when you are ready to go for the gl. swgoh.gg has the gear reqs in its own little section so you can know how many relic mats etc you would need. If someone relic'd their kru fost foo phasma but are still at 5* for hux and FOSIT then they will be matched with players who will probably crush them, GL or not. If you are going for both GL's at the same time you will be doubly behind in overall roster and matched with GL's. It is what it is.
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    EA_Joz wrote: »
    Hello everyone! Please remember to keep things friendly and constructive.

    EA_Joz

    We will once CG learns proper matchmaking algorithms. Literally lost my GAC round today just for the fact someone has a GL Rey on defense but bad toons otherwise. Literally bought the W hahah.
    1) how do you know they paid money?
    2) you know how matchmaking works. If you’re at 5.56M GP and refuse to work toward either GL, people with similar GP to you are going to have a GL more and more frequently. You’d better get used to it.

    Considering the rest of their team is barely even relic...and their account is fairly new...I’m going to go with the whale avenue.

    2.) that’s not how it works. It’s the top 80 toons. His GP is low in other meta teams but maxed for resistance so he was raised to said bracket. No GAS, No DR, No Malak. So...yeah...there’s that.

    3.) Rey is near unbeatable in 3v3 unless you use a GL, or use the cheese method which isn’t even a guarantee and still requires luck to work. Oh and that method requires 3 meta toons, sooooooo....

    2) I know exactly how it works. My point is you are at 5.56M GP and you are nowhere near either GL. With 24 g13 toons and 90+ zetas, you run the risk of meeting GL owners. If this was the first time it happened then you are incredibly lucky.

    And if they really didn’t have any of those teams, surely to goodness you could have placed things he couldn’t beat in bottom front zone?

    All you’re listing here is more and more reasons why your decision not to get either GL is shooting yourself in the foot.

    Because I chose to help my guild with other more important teams at personal expense because CG doesn’t know proper matchmaking algorithms?

    what teams are those?

    GAS, Padme, JKR, DR, bugs, NS, GG. Just off the top of my head.

    Oddly enough, none of those teams can beat Rey 3v3....oh and Vader too. He’s crucial for winning 5v5 against Rey, but 3v3....nah

    I have all those. Plus Rey, Luke, and a KAM team.

    We have identical top 80 GP btw.

    If only we could play 1v1 against each other for fun....or if only KAM had viability with GR Jedi (cough rework cough), but those are issues for another thread. I’ll have SLKR by labor day though...I hope.

    You ignored my point.
    The CGDF is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • I'd say 90% or more people that face that, probably also have a GL and can either set their own or have kylo to beat it.

    I personally have neither. I haven't run into a gl Rey in 3v3 so I can't test it for myself.
    I’ll attribute my GL matchup to bad RNG. But in higher divisions where GLs are more prevalent, I think it would be a bit surprising to almost never run into one. Although I guess they are still new enough that it’s possible to never encounter one. — I see you said 3v3 but the point still stands.

    I've only played gac for the last part of the last 5v5 and this round of 3v3 since I picked it back up again. Before that, as I said, I took an 8 mo break so GLs weren't a thing then.

    I've seen GLs in 5v5 in arena and beat Rey regularly to climb. Kylo not so much. There are plenty of Reys to beat and the only consequence of not beating kylo in arena is occasionally taking 2and instead of first.

    But when I see them in gac, it'll likely not be the really well molded ones I see in the top of my shard. That has been my experience with other new meta. They are typically easier to beat in gac than in the top of arena.
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Jarvind wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    because CG doesn’t know proper matchmaking algorithms?

    Please, share with us your expertise on how a matchmaking algorithm should be structured. Other than "so it's easier for me to win."

    Let’s see, for example my last GAC round someone had close to a million GP less than the next person in our bracket. Should he have been there?

    That depends. Before they changed the matchmaking to only include the top 80, the answer would be no. But without knowing the distribution of the rosters or the top 80 gp (which isn't listed anywhere as far as I can tell) it is impossible to tell from only the gp difference you listed.

    I was actually a fan of just using gp for matchmaking since it is far more transparent but people complained about that too.

    No matter how they do matchmaking, someone will complain. So no point in wasting time changing it now.
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    EA_Joz wrote: »
    Hello everyone! Please remember to keep things friendly and constructive.

    EA_Joz

    We will once CG learns proper matchmaking algorithms. Literally lost my GAC round today just for the fact someone has a GL Rey on defense but bad toons otherwise. Literally bought the W hahah.
    1) how do you know they paid money?
    2) you know how matchmaking works. If you’re at 5.56M GP and refuse to work toward either GL, people with similar GP to you are going to have a GL more and more frequently. You’d better get used to it.

    Considering the rest of their team is barely even relic...and their account is fairly new...I’m going to go with the whale avenue.

    2.) that’s not how it works. It’s the top 80 toons. His GP is low in other meta teams but maxed for resistance so he was raised to said bracket. No GAS, No DR, No Malak. So...yeah...there’s that.

    3.) Rey is near unbeatable in 3v3 unless you use a GL, or use the cheese method which isn’t even a guarantee and still requires luck to work. Oh and that method requires 3 meta toons, sooooooo....

    Newer whales are generally easier to beat in my opinion. They have some relived toons but generally have far worse mods than someone who took years to get those teams.

    And if they only had resistance and GL Rey and the rest trash, at over 5 mil gp, you could have gone heavy on defense on one side and stopped them too. Which would have made the match come down to efficiency. Doesn't sound like matchmaking. Sounds like you just need to get good.

    Lmao get gud response. Listen helmet, in a 5v5 format I don’t have complaints actually even facing double GL. I have counters for that and theory crafters have gifted us with plenty of counters using non GL stuff. 3v3 is a different ball game with GL Rey and the RH bro’s. There are literally two counters for that. One is viable and reliable in SLKR. Don’t have him. Now that I have my FO to G12 I can horde relic materials and G12+ gear for a month or 2 and get him finally....I hope.
    The other is the cheese combo which requires RNG to work. Well the game isn’t kind for that so if it doesn’t work then poof, gone.

    For me the bottom line is it’s another failure of testing for CG. Even with all her shortcomings, GL Rey in 3v3 is #1 on defense. It shouldn’t happen that several meta teams can’t beat her.

    As for my defense, setting 4 meta teams that got kitchen sinked won’t matter. If I can’t beat 1 team on his front wall but one shot all the others, he will still win. No one toon should
    Be able to withstand GAS, DR, JKR, Palp, GG, etc. and not die.
    Thats the main point. It’s not, “git gud” because trust me, in a 5v5 setting I can defeat GL’s. The 3v3 is what punishes non GL players and to that extent, yes I don’t think I should have to face GL’s in that case

    If you set a defense they can't clear on the front wall and clear one side and the other 2 or 3 teams on the bottom and do it efficiently, you can still win by points if they have the GL Rey team on defense.

    It is still just one team. If you know you can't clear the team, then the strategy is to make them not clear you as well. One team doesn't make it impossible to win even if, it is impossible to beat with your roster.

    I also don't have the current meta and there are some teams I don't have counters to. But if I know that I can't full clear, I go heavy on defense. Just like if I suspect that I have a team my opponent can't clear(and I have no GLs but occasionally, I face opponents with inferior mods and a legendary or two behind me), I set it on defense on one side and put trash behind it.

    My point is you hear this complaint with every new meta. "It isn't fair that I have to face a new character that I don't have yet." Then counters come out and life moves on.

    See when you couldn’t be more wrong. This isn’t a “oh I don’t have the toon so I don’t wanna play against it” thing. When GAS came out and I didn’t get him till the 3rd go around I was able to properly still win with DR. Or could bring the team down to just gas then clean up. Plenty of meta counters, theory counters and even in 3v3, still bearable and beatable.

    Now shift focus tonGL’s. SLKR falls under that. No issues 5v5 or 3v3. There are one try teams and also the two shot teams. For GL Rey you have her kit so lopsided that 3v3 you have two options; a GL counter or cheese it with one RNG laden team.

    So no, this isnt what you claim it to be. The fact you are defending how unbalanced she is 3v3 on defense against non GL’s kind of shows your overall lack of understanding to this game. Kinda funny actually

    The fact that you are one of the only ones complaining about the team shows that there are others that can beat it.

    You said yourself SLKR could beat it. I'd say 90% or more people that face that, probably also have a GL and can either set their own or have kylo to beat it.

    I personally have neither. I haven't run into a gl Rey in 3v3 so I can't test it for myself. My go is still lower (about 4.5 mil) so I think to get a gl bloats your gp beyond that.

    I took an 8 month break from the game in October of last year so missed out on the GL, gas, and jedi Luke. I have all the other meta toons but only a handful of relics at this point.

    And I'm keeping it that way for now on purpose. I only g13 and relic a toon if I will get use out of it. Until then I'm hoarding gear for either gas or jedi Luke and then SLKR. Or a new toon if it comes sooner and is good.

    Even after an 8 mo break, I'm back to 1st or 2nd in both arenas due to smart use of counters.

    I also still manage to get top 10 in hstr still even with some solos happening.

    Just because I don't believe you that the team is broken doesn't mean that I don't understand the game.

    To be facing GL Rey regularly in Gac, you must have a ton of relics. Either there are some that are at least useful in holding on defense so your opponent doesn't full clear you as well, or you leveled a bunch of crap toons and your problem is of your own making.

    One counter idea. Imperial probe droid may be able to remove chewy if you can get him to go below 100% health but not die and still get a turn before Rey goes all crazy on defense. Probably won't beat the whole team but if you remove the guard, it should make cleaning up easier.

    GL’s are immune to massive damage so that won’t work.

    Rey’s whirlwind and her damage immunity coupled with with her ultimate defensive stance that keeps her from dying is all packaged into one big issue with 3v3.

    If you don’t know her kit or how she works in 3v3 why are you commenting and condescending on those that are facing her and have tested/researched/looked into/whatever adjective you want to use and see there are 2 counters in 3v3, one requiring a GL.

    I didn’t relic junk toons. As you see in previous comments; GAS, 501st, DR, Padme, GG, JKR, NS, bugs are all needed for TB and TW. They have Uses. But again, the issue remains that all those teams I just listed that are somewhat Meta can’t bet Rey 3v3. You think that’s ok? Maybe you need another break

    I didn't suggest using ipd to take out Rey. I am aware of her kit. I suggested to use ipd to take out chewie to remove the guard for the next battle. Her allies are only immune to dmg when her sabers are crossed or until they take a turn when they fall into the yellow.

    So in theory, if you get ipd to go below 100 percent health and destruct chewie before Rey gets her ultimate, then you can remove the guard for the next battle and have a a chance in cleaning up with a good team.

    Maybe throw a fast thrawn in there to fracture Rey to give you more time.

    If you have GAS and Darth Revan reliced, then you could have put up a wall they couldn't beat as well if all they had was GL Rey, Resistance and mostly trash.

  • Jarvind wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Jarvind wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    because CG doesn’t know proper matchmaking algorithms?

    Please, share with us your expertise on how a matchmaking algorithm should be structured. Other than "so it's easier for me to win."

    Let’s see, for example my last GAC round someone had close to a million GP less than the next person in our bracket. Should he have been there?

    If their top 80 was comparable? Yes.

    "Matchmaking" doesn't mean you only face rosters identical to your own, and it shouldn't, because that would be boring as hell.

    It's already headed that way. GAC as it is requires people to build their roster a certain way or face teams they cannot defeat, fair enough. If someone builds their roster the "right" way they either face someone with a very similar roster or someone with no chance of winning.

    I've found as I get "better" at GAC it becomes less interesting. For me, that's a problem, as is a game mode that encourages hoarding. I'd also point out that gls are supposed to be the pinnacle of the game, not just the next meta. Seems disingenuous to suggest that those with them are on a level playing field as those without.
  • Jarvind
    3688 posts Member
    edited July 30
    Vi1teran_ wrote: »
    I've found as I get "better" at GAC it becomes less interesting. For me, that's a problem, as is a game mode that encourages hoarding. I'd also point out that gls are supposed to be the pinnacle of the game, not just the next meta. Seems disingenuous to suggest that those with them are on a level playing field as those without.

    I didn't say non-GL folks were on a level playing field with those who have them. I said matchmaking doesn't guarantee that you only face opponents you personally feel you can beat.

    As for GAC getting "less interesting" as you progress, that's just how pvp works in any game, though particularly in those with a roster-building mechanic. At a certain point you've got all the shinies and mastered how to use all your teams, and you're facing off against people in a similar situation. At that point it becomes more about the strategy element (knowing counters, baiting out the opponent's meta teams early so they struggle with the back row, etc) than about who has more gear and zetas.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png



  • Its clear that Kylo is the weaker GL character and needs a significant buff to be viable :)
  • @MetaThumper 's strategy only works if your opponent has much worse mods. Doesn't hold water against similar mods.

    Very true. Luckily I've been going hard every day in mods from the beginning 2.5 years ago so not many can.72o8sw1dlftc.png But depth is the real winner with this strategy. If you don't have it, do not attempt it. I may make a collage of all the GLs I leave standing there looking all bored one day.f8ok5pdvqb8d.png
    mny2x5bmoqvi.png
    umol4pjeplk8.png
    hrzihloaw0bv.jpg
  • @MetaThumper 's strategy only works if your opponent has much worse mods. Doesn't hold water against similar mods.

    Very true. Luckily I've been going hard every day in mods from the beginning 2.5 years ago so not many can.72o8sw1dlftc.png But depth is the real winner with this strategy. If you don't have it, do not attempt it. I may make a collage of all the GLs I leave standing there looking all bored one day.f8ok5pdvqb8d.png
    mny2x5bmoqvi.png
    umol4pjeplk8.png
    hrzihloaw0bv.jpg

    Depth is not the winner of your strategy if you can’t beat a GL owner with comparable mods. Mods are your strategy. And beating someone who doesn’t mod farm isn’t much of an accomplishment.

    @Ravens1113 under what conditions does JKR help your guild more than a GL? Or NS?
Sign In or Register to comment.