More separatist ships needed

I think there aren’t enough ships for the separatist faction. There are geonosian starfighters but only the hyena droid bomber and vulture droid are separatist and not geonosian.

Ideas:
Droid tri fighter (attacker) crew: none
Separatist shuttle (attacker) crew: b1 battle droid
Solar sailer (leader, support) crew: count dooku
Droid gunship (tank) crew: b2 super battle droid
Providence dreadnought/munificent frigate (capital ship) crew: watt tambor or nute gunray

Replies

• Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Have you actually used the Separatist fleet? It does just fine. :D
  • Keydash1
    503 posts Member
    Seps are already the best fleet in the game (GR is equally strong but much less fun to play and mirrors are subject to rng). They don't need more ships.

We have more need for resistance, FO, and empire ships.
  • Keydash1 wrote: »

We also need more BH ships. Or at least some Scoundrel ships + cap to tie them together.
    THE SUPREME JAWA OVERLORD!
  • Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Have you actually used the Separatist fleet? It does just fine. :D

This. Who needs more ships when the General can keep conjuring up droids? :wink:
  • Yea. As stated here before, with grevious able to summon more droids, the seppie don’t need any more ships... Now, empire could do with one that allows the to contend with the meta. Maybe become an anti-meta team. But, the the addition of the new bomber, they aren’t a priority... now, resistance would benefit from having a dedicated tank, which is something they lack currently. FO could do with one as well, but seeing as they where designed to be a very offensive based team, maybe having an attacker or support that can apply stealth to attacker ally’s, to reduce the RNG factor on offense. Taking away a tank form the FO fleet would also mean that people wouldn’t leave it on defense anyway. But resistance was meant to be build for survivability. They have that, but no tank to support it...

Now, if we really want to get into it, maybe a fleet that is designed for the endurance. A rework might not be necessary, if we get a fleet that makes it amazing. Adding speed, or at least making it slightly better so it isn’t last, and again, can be a defensive fleet, like it was designed to be
  • Wed_Santa
    931 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    Here’s a suggestion to kill a few birds with one shiny stone - Asajj’s Fanblade - along with a new BH tag for her (or maybe release a new BH Ventress). It would give a new angle on Falcon and Chewie events and it’s just a lovely ship
  • I agree without wanting to derail it and talk about other factions as seems the norm on forums.

Droid Tri-fighter I really was sure we was going to get, guess CG got bored with Seps.
  • I would love the Droid Tri-Fighter as its my favorite of the Sep ships in canon.

That said, that is the ONLY thing I'd like to see them get.

They already have 5 ships w/ massive synergy, an ever-summoning 6th ship from GG & a BH in IG that syncs up with them well.

Tri-Fighter I love but even w/o this faction is WORLDS above stuff like Empire, FO, & Resistance.

FO "would" be totally set as well if they went with the story & had FO essentially being an "Army" for the Sith & just give Finalizer synergy with the Sith tag ships. Just that one wording change would basically mean your DONE when it comes to Finalizer.

Empire w/ 2 Cap ships & only 6 total ships could use more TIEs like Interceptor/Defender as well as a Skip Ray Blastboat or a 2nd Shuttle class like Sentinel.

Sadly the Rebels need a major rework of their Pilots to even make investing in them worth it anymore.
    The way Negotiator, Malevolence, & TIE Bomber all utterly Nerf the Falcon is **** IMHO but that is off topic I suppose.

• Soulless one would be cool and it's already in the game but with Grievous being the primary owner, I'm not sure how that'd work.
  • 99.9999% of the time I do not even get close to getting all my reinforcements out with my separatists fleet, before I win, in all honesty i may get to bring out 2 reinforcements. The sepratist fleet really doesn't need love, but like everyone else has said first order, resistance, and empire need the most love.
  • Shaddess
    221 posts Member
    Seps need at least 1 more ship ..
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    AM2Rainman wrote: »
    Soulless one would be cool and it's already in the game but with Grievous being the primary owner, I'm not sure how that'd work.

Didn't they say that Soulless one is only in the event and we won't get a playable version?
  • Schwartzring
    1402 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Ultra31 wrote: »
    Providence dreadnought/munificent frigate (capital ship) crew: watt tambor or nute gunray

Personally I was hoping for a Providence instead of Malevolence.
    And I was hoping for Admiral Trench as the CO.
    Then we might have still gotten a Souless One for Grevious.

Providence & Tri-Fighter are hands down by 2 favorite Sep ships in universe.
  • Akenno
    538 posts Member
    We just need all ships and characters from the Geo TB. Would be a great addition.
  • We need more ships in general.
    Rebels and Republic are the only factions that can field a complete fleet.
  • flux_rono
    2112 posts Member
    im okay with more sep ships, however B1 being a pilot i dont agree with, and we dont need another Sep capital ship
  • I hardly use anything past one reinforcement for the Sep fleet. It always good to hear suggestions from the community but the general consensus is that Seps are in a good spot as they are for now 👍
  • Nauros wrote: »
    Soulless one would be cool and it's already in the game but with Grievous being the primary owner, I'm not sure how that'd work.

Didn't they say that Soulless one is only in the event and we won't get a playable version?

I think it says that in all the events with special characters. For the Flight of the Falcon you use Tarkin's ship as Vader but they say it's not attainable, which makes sense. I'm trying to remember any others but the only other special event character who's not used in the event I can think of is when you use Chewie and 3PO in the JKL event and it is stated that that character is unattainable and can't be used in any other event or game mode. So them saying you can't get the ship or character doesn't mean anything to me personally. They'll do whatever they want.
  • Yado101
    144 posts Member
    Nauros wrote: »

They did. They also said the same thing about theeepio and Chewie.
  • Globuhl
    751 posts Member
    Seps are fine for now. I’m just a little bit worried that two of their ships are pilotless. If CG adds new relic levels, ships with pilots will get new bonuses while separatist drones will not. Besides this potential issue, I’m having a lot of fun with my new separatist fleet, taking revenge after months of frustrating defeats engaging my rebel fleet against Negociators.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Keydash1 wrote: »

We also need more BH ships. Or at least some Scoundrel ships + cap to tie them together.

I like the design idea that Bounty Hunters are mercenaries. You use each one as a drop-in to fill out other fleets, instead of as a fleet unto itself. That said, they need to rework Bounty Hunters a tiny bit to make them less dependent on Breach, as that means you want to use all four together and that sort of defeats the purpose.

Anyway. Sure, more Separatist ships, why not. But, personally, I'd rather see one more Resistance ship (since I like the design idea that they're a hodge podge of whatever ships are available, like at the end of Rise of Skywalker--but they need at least one more so they can field 3 at the start and still have a reason to put any Reinforcement Materials to use) and a few more catch-all ships that can fit in a variety of fleets.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • The seps fleet is fine as it is. It’s the FO fleet that need a boost. A tank would be good but I don’t think one exist in the movies?
  • Yado101
    144 posts Member
    Keydash1 wrote: »

Hondo cap ship.
  • You know I had a thought the other day stemming from this discussion.

I've felt for a while that Finalizer should have Sith synergy since well, the FO is a creation of the Sith Eternal, and because the 3 extra Sith ships would conveniently fill out the FO fleet roster.

But I got to thinking about the LS fleets.

So GR has a lot of ships but if you try to spread it to both Capital ships its quite short.
    Rebels now have more ships that can be used w/ 1 cap ship w/ Rebel Y-Wing.
    Resistance is probably the worst faction w/ only 3 ships for its capital.

And there are still quite a few ships I myself wouldn't mind seeing that are iconic from the movies.
    For GR adding the Naboo fighter & possibly Padme's quicksilver Lt. Freighter sized ship.
    The V-Wing & Torrent. Those 4 would help fill out both the GR Cap ships.

The A-Wing showed up in RotJ & also in the Sequels.
    So a crewless A-Wing that has both Rebel/Resistance tags wouldn't be bad.
    I don't think they need to have duplicates of every ship like the Y-Wing does.
    The Y-Wing goes through some serious "look" changes so I can see why 2 were used there.

Having a Rebel B-Wing wouldn't be bad either.
    And we all still want some Red-5 (Rogue Leader) X-Wing love for Luke.
    But then we are starting to see too many Rebels........ which made me think of the following.

Going back to Sith/FO synergy, it got me thinking that as much as the Jedi Order was part of the Republic that we have the Resistance & Rebels that very much both took every bit of Force User help they could get & had Jedi members.

So why not add Jedi synergy to the 4 LS ships?
    It would allow for some mix/match options with Rebel & Resistance using some Jedi or having the Jedi piloted ships be able to fill out some GR openings if you have Mace/Kenobi both up for some future GAC that has multiple slots for Offense/Defense.
    Between Luke, Rey, & both Phoenix Ships there is some room for options.

It would allow for all sorts of theory crafting on the LS.

For the DS I actually wouldn't do the same thing w/ Empire/Separatists as both of them had Sith manipulating them but they weren't really "part of the team" in a public "we all know & like them" kind of way.
    And the Empire went out of their way to kill even other DS users if they couldn't make them Inquisitors.

The Seps just need the Droid Tri & the Empire just needs a boatload of more TIE & Shuttle class ships to fill out at least 5/star destroyer.

Anyway, just a thought I had on allowing the 3 LS factions to mix/match a bit by moving the "Jedi" portions of each faction around. It would also be a way to see things like Hera/Ghost still serving w/ the resistance as we saw in that massive fleet at the end of EP9.
  • Drazhar
    784 posts Member
    Simple enough, they won't add more separatist ships as the Malevolence is already by far the strongest capital ship in the game with the ships it already has. It can completely delete negotiators even with around 150k power less. It's not all that threat on defense but there are ways to fix that (add the Millennium Falcon as last reinforcement for example, other Malevolence will have to wait for their ultimate and Negotiators will have a way harder time as well). They will in case it needs a revamp, but I highly doubt it will for the time being.