GL ruined GA for me

Replies

  • Ravens1113
    2439 posts Member
    @MetaThumper 's strategy only works if your opponent has much worse mods. Doesn't hold water against similar mods.

    Very true. Luckily I've been going hard every day in mods from the beginning 2.5 years ago so not many can.72o8sw1dlftc.png But depth is the real winner with this strategy. If you don't have it, do not attempt it. I may make a collage of all the GLs I leave standing there looking all bored one day.f8ok5pdvqb8d.png
    mny2x5bmoqvi.png
    umol4pjeplk8.png
    hrzihloaw0bv.jpg

    Depth is not the winner of your strategy if you can’t beat a GL owner with comparable mods. Mods are your strategy. And beating someone who doesn’t mod farm isn’t much of an accomplishment.

    @Ravens1113 under what conditions does JKR help your guild more than a GL? Or NS?

    Mods? Yeah those 6dot mods ensure you crush a GL lol. Not to mention farming mods takes forever given the luck required....anyway....

    Each GL requires 13 toons (12 and a capital ship) with 12 of them to be relic to start earning tickets for the event. You need KRU, Kylo, Palp at R7. You need Phasma, Hux, FOST, FOO, FOX and Sith Trooper at R5. You need FOTP, FOSTP, and Vet han at R3.
    That alone requires a massive gear sink. Same type of reqs for Rey. Then add in the gear required to level and relic the GL’s themselves.

    tdp1lyqodhrw.png

    That’s just for Rey alone. So in total for each GL you need, at minimum, 1400 kyro tech pieces to complete ONE GL. 2800 kyro’s for both. Plus the G12 finishers, plus the G12 gear.... you see how this adds up right?

    As for how does JKR help? Well he’s one of the only Jedi teams currently able to have a chance in LSTB. He’s a staple in TW for his counter to GG and other teams, including being a key cog in GL Rey counters. Also the teams use in Assault battles: Ground War.

    Nightsisters? Well they have their place in DSGeoTB, TW, Assault Battles, and also can be plug and plays in certain team comps as well for theory craft.

    GG? Staple in DSGeoTB as well as TW and Assault battles.

    You see how this is going right? And before you question assault battles helping your guild, it does because it provides much needed extra farming resources for G12 finishers, kyro’s, and relic materials. The more income you have the faster you can ready more teams for guild events.

    Anything else?
  • IronCross wrote: »
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    @Howrude The better way to go against GL if you're looking at preventing feats: set one toon in one zone on defence. Opponent will get the clear score but theoretically no feats or maybe just 1 that round.

    Just use your best fleet. They don’t even get a chance at a squad battle

    Such good ideas when going for trapped in Carbonite
  • @MetaThumper 's strategy only works if your opponent has much worse mods. Doesn't hold water against similar mods.

    Very true. Luckily I've been going hard every day in mods from the beginning 2.5 years ago so not many can.72o8sw1dlftc.png But depth is the real winner with this strategy. If you don't have it, do not attempt it. I may make a collage of all the GLs I leave standing there looking all bored one day.f8ok5pdvqb8d.png
    mny2x5bmoqvi.png
    umol4pjeplk8.png
    hrzihloaw0bv.jpg

    Depth is not the winner of your strategy if you can’t beat a GL owner with comparable mods. Mods are your strategy. And beating someone who doesn’t mod farm isn’t much of an accomplishment.

    @Ravens1113 under what conditions does JKR help your guild more than a GL? Or NS?

    Mods mean absolutely nothing if you don't have good teams to put them on though and that's the point. I built my roster for defense. Plan was to force opponents to use their meta teams on non meta teams. For example my BH. You aren't going to be successful bringing in a g12 JTR or other normal counter fighting them. Why? Because they are built with depth. That is indeed an accomplishment and one that I'm proud of doing the past 2.5 years.
  • TVF
    25023 posts Member
    edited July 31
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    As for how does JKR help? Well he’s one of the only Jedi teams currently able to have a chance in LSTB. He’s a staple in TW for his counter to GG and other teams, including being a key cog in GL Rey counters. Also the teams use in Assault battles: Ground War.

    Nightsisters? Well they have their place in DSGeoTB, TW, Assault Battles, and also can be plug and plays in certain team comps as well for theory craft.

    GG? Staple in DSGeoTB as well as TW and Assault battles.

    You see how this is going right? And before you question assault battles helping your guild, it does because it provides much needed extra farming resources for G12 finishers, kyro’s, and relic materials. The more income you have the faster you can ready more teams for guild events.

    Anything else?

    The question was how JKR or NS help your guild compared to a GL (or Luke btw), since you made the claim that having them was more valuable to your guild.

    TB: Both Rey and Luke will do way more than JKR. NS are irrelevant to the discussion since DSTB is way easier.

    TW: A GL is way more useful on D than JKR or NS, which are both easily countered. And a GL is a way better counter to another GL than JKR on O.

    The CGDF is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ravens1113
    2439 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    As for how does JKR help? Well he’s one of the only Jedi teams currently able to have a chance in LSTB. He’s a staple in TW for his counter to GG and other teams, including being a key cog in GL Rey counters. Also the teams use in Assault battles: Ground War.

    Nightsisters? Well they have their place in DSGeoTB, TW, Assault Battles, and also can be plug and plays in certain team comps as well for theory craft.

    GG? Staple in DSGeoTB as well as TW and Assault battles.

    You see how this is going right? And before you question assault battles helping your guild, it does because it provides much needed extra farming resources for G12 finishers, kyro’s, and relic materials. The more income you have the faster you can ready more teams for guild events.

    Anything else?

    The question was how JKR or NS help your guild compared to a GL (or Luke btw), since you made the claim that having them was more valuable to your guild.

    TB: Both Rey and Luke will do way more than JKR. NS are irrelevant to the discussion since DSTB is way easier.

    TW: A GL is way more useful on D than JKR or NS, which are both easily countered. And a GL is a way better counter to another GL than JKR on O.

    Anecdotal.

    However one team is not more valuable than 3 or even 4 in that regards to those game modes. That’s how. Getting multiple teams reliced that are hard counters to meta defenses in TW are more valuable than one that has counters (in 5v5) and can be beaten in one shot.

    The JKR and Vader teams can beat Rey on defense, in 5v5 which is what TW is. The problem comes in 3v3, which until it’s expanded heavily, falls only in GA. But that’s not the question that was asked to me. If you take the gear needed to get one GL, you could have no less than 3 other teams relic and contributing in multiple spots. Depending on how you place the gear you could have even 5 or 6 teams. Those teams are of more value in the team settings I discussed than one team.
  • @MetaThumper 's strategy only works if your opponent has much worse mods. Doesn't hold water against similar mods.

    Very true. Luckily I've been going hard every day in mods from the beginning 2.5 years ago so not many can.72o8sw1dlftc.png But depth is the real winner with this strategy. If you don't have it, do not attempt it. I may make a collage of all the GLs I leave standing there looking all bored one day.f8ok5pdvqb8d.png
    mny2x5bmoqvi.png
    umol4pjeplk8.png
    hrzihloaw0bv.jpg

    Depth is not the winner of your strategy if you can’t beat a GL owner with comparable mods. Mods are your strategy. And beating someone who doesn’t mod farm isn’t much of an accomplishment.

    @Ravens1113 under what conditions does JKR help your guild more than a GL? Or NS?

    Mods mean absolutely nothing if you don't have good teams to put them on though and that's the point. I built my roster for defense. Plan was to force opponents to use their meta teams on non meta teams. For example my BH. You aren't going to be successful bringing in a g12 JTR or other normal counter fighting them. Why? Because they are built with depth. That is indeed an accomplishment and one that I'm proud of doing the past 2.5 years.
    Yet you can’t win against a GL owner with comparable mods. So your strategy only works against people with bad mods, or your good mods are worthless because you don’t have the best teams. Which is it? Lets see your matchups where you faced a GL owner that was at least within 10% of your mod inventory. (Spoiler; you lose those matches)
  • @MetaThumper 's strategy only works if your opponent has much worse mods. Doesn't hold water against similar mods.

    Very true. Luckily I've been going hard every day in mods from the beginning 2.5 years ago so not many can.72o8sw1dlftc.png But depth is the real winner with this strategy. If you don't have it, do not attempt it. I may make a collage of all the GLs I leave standing there looking all bored one day.f8ok5pdvqb8d.png
    mny2x5bmoqvi.png
    umol4pjeplk8.png
    hrzihloaw0bv.jpg

    Depth is not the winner of your strategy if you can’t beat a GL owner with comparable mods. Mods are your strategy. And beating someone who doesn’t mod farm isn’t much of an accomplishment.

    @Ravens1113 under what conditions does JKR help your guild more than a GL? Or NS?

    Mods mean absolutely nothing if you don't have good teams to put them on though and that's the point. I built my roster for defense. Plan was to force opponents to use their meta teams on non meta teams. For example my BH. You aren't going to be successful bringing in a g12 JTR or other normal counter fighting them. Why? Because they are built with depth. That is indeed an accomplishment and one that I'm proud of doing the past 2.5 years.
    Yet you can’t win against a GL owner with comparable mods. So your strategy only works against people with bad mods, or your good mods are worthless because you don’t have the best teams. Which is it? Lets see your matchups where you faced a GL owner that was at least within 10% of your mod inventory. (Spoiler; you lose those matches)

    I can sometimes but honestly don't really try that much anymore and mostly because I also don't have some of the key counter toons because they required GET to get (see what I did there) and I refused to use GET on anything except gear. That was my choice but also my plan all along. So I went the opposite route while everyone was getting there Hodas,GAS and Malak on I was busy getting the gear to relic all my other factions. That's all it was. 2 different approaches just met at the crossroads and that's cool that it's even possible to do. Is it the easy way? Oh god no but I have fun using those teams in other aspects of the game mostly tw and tb's. I gave myself a challenge and it's nothing more or nothing less.
  • So your strategy only works against people with bad mods, or your good mods are worthless because you don’t have the best teams.

    No. My strategy only works on others who didn't build a deep roster. If they have the same teams built and the GLs with the mods to go along with them then yes, changes are I'll lose that match but I don't get that very often. I'm averaging 2/3 each week and that's plenty fine with me and the roster that I built. But again, I also get to have fun in other aspects of the game and MOST IMPORTANTLY, help my guild in the process. And that's the trade off. Hopefully that makes sense but I doubt it will for ya
  • TVF
    25023 posts Member
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    As for how does JKR help? Well he’s one of the only Jedi teams currently able to have a chance in LSTB. He’s a staple in TW for his counter to GG and other teams, including being a key cog in GL Rey counters. Also the teams use in Assault battles: Ground War.

    Nightsisters? Well they have their place in DSGeoTB, TW, Assault Battles, and also can be plug and plays in certain team comps as well for theory craft.

    GG? Staple in DSGeoTB as well as TW and Assault battles.

    You see how this is going right? And before you question assault battles helping your guild, it does because it provides much needed extra farming resources for G12 finishers, kyro’s, and relic materials. The more income you have the faster you can ready more teams for guild events.

    Anything else?

    The question was how JKR or NS help your guild compared to a GL (or Luke btw), since you made the claim that having them was more valuable to your guild.

    TB: Both Rey and Luke will do way more than JKR. NS are irrelevant to the discussion since DSTB is way easier.

    TW: A GL is way more useful on D than JKR or NS, which are both easily countered. And a GL is a way better counter to another GL than JKR on O.

    Anecdotal.

    However one team is not more valuable than 3 or even 4 in that regards to those game modes. That’s how. Getting multiple teams reliced that are hard counters to meta defenses in TW are more valuable than one that has counters (in 5v5) and can be beaten in one shot.

    The JKR and Vader teams can beat Rey on defense, in 5v5 which is what TW is. The problem comes in 3v3, which until it’s expanded heavily, falls only in GA. But that’s not the question that was asked to me. If you take the gear needed to get one GL, you could have no less than 3 other teams relic and contributing in multiple spots. Depending on how you place the gear you could have even 5 or 6 teams. Those teams are of more value in the team settings I discussed than one team.

    In a big guild? Hard disagree on everything you said.

    The CGDF is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ravens1113
    2439 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    As for how does JKR help? Well he’s one of the only Jedi teams currently able to have a chance in LSTB. He’s a staple in TW for his counter to GG and other teams, including being a key cog in GL Rey counters. Also the teams use in Assault battles: Ground War.

    Nightsisters? Well they have their place in DSGeoTB, TW, Assault Battles, and also can be plug and plays in certain team comps as well for theory craft.

    GG? Staple in DSGeoTB as well as TW and Assault battles.

    You see how this is going right? And before you question assault battles helping your guild, it does because it provides much needed extra farming resources for G12 finishers, kyro’s, and relic materials. The more income you have the faster you can ready more teams for guild events.

    Anything else?

    The question was how JKR or NS help your guild compared to a GL (or Luke btw), since you made the claim that having them was more valuable to your guild.

    TB: Both Rey and Luke will do way more than JKR. NS are irrelevant to the discussion since DSTB is way easier.

    TW: A GL is way more useful on D than JKR or NS, which are both easily countered. And a GL is a way better counter to another GL than JKR on O.

    Anecdotal.

    However one team is not more valuable than 3 or even 4 in that regards to those game modes. That’s how. Getting multiple teams reliced that are hard counters to meta defenses in TW are more valuable than one that has counters (in 5v5) and can be beaten in one shot.

    The JKR and Vader teams can beat Rey on defense, in 5v5 which is what TW is. The problem comes in 3v3, which until it’s expanded heavily, falls only in GA. But that’s not the question that was asked to me. If you take the gear needed to get one GL, you could have no less than 3 other teams relic and contributing in multiple spots. Depending on how you place the gear you could have even 5 or 6 teams. Those teams are of more value in the team settings I discussed than one team.

    In a big guild? Hard disagree on everything you said.

    If you think one team trumps having 5 or 6 available for TB/TW/GAC/AB’s then I question your abilities in this game lol.
  • ZAP wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    As for how does JKR help? Well he’s one of the only Jedi teams currently able to have a chance in LSTB. He’s a staple in TW for his counter to GG and other teams, including being a key cog in GL Rey counters. Also the teams use in Assault battles: Ground War.

    Nightsisters? Well they have their place in DSGeoTB, TW, Assault Battles, and also can be plug and plays in certain team comps as well for theory craft.

    GG? Staple in DSGeoTB as well as TW and Assault battles.

    You see how this is going right? And before you question assault battles helping your guild, it does because it provides much needed extra farming resources for G12 finishers, kyro’s, and relic materials. The more income you have the faster you can ready more teams for guild events.

    Anything else?

    The question was how JKR or NS help your guild compared to a GL (or Luke btw), since you made the claim that having them was more valuable to your guild.

    TB: Both Rey and Luke will do way more than JKR. NS are irrelevant to the discussion since DSTB is way easier.

    TW: A GL is way more useful on D than JKR or NS, which are both easily countered. And a GL is a way better counter to another GL than JKR on O.

    Anecdotal.

    However one team is not more valuable than 3 or even 4 in that regards to those game modes. That’s how. Getting multiple teams reliced that are hard counters to meta defenses in TW are more valuable than one that has counters (in 5v5) and can be beaten in one shot.

    The JKR and Vader teams can beat Rey on defense, in 5v5 which is what TW is. The problem comes in 3v3, which until it’s expanded heavily, falls only in GA. But that’s not the question that was asked to me. If you take the gear needed to get one GL, you could have no less than 3 other teams relic and contributing in multiple spots. Depending on how you place the gear you could have even 5 or 6 teams. Those teams are of more value in the team settings I discussed than one team.

    In a big guild? Hard disagree on everything you said.

    Hard disagree with you for 98% of the players out there. In fact, even for a player such as yourself, getting most of the other teams up to snuff before going for a GL is the wisest move for the player and guild.
    But if Ravens didn’t have any of those teams up to snuff beforehand... ?

    This whole line of complaint seems to me like the guy who came last in the 100m final complaining that he’d only recently learned to walk.

    If Ravens is being matched against GL owners when he himself is miles away from unlocking either of them, this speaks about poor choices somewhere along the line. Saying that gearing JKR, NS etc has taken priority only serves to clarify that.
  • Dramgon
    78 posts Member
    Howrude wrote: »
    I have been farming the characters F2P so i guess that's my fault for not spending 10k+ on pixels.
    I hope you realise there are F2P with both GLs at r7 at this point.

    Too bad your way to make up for your bad resource management is to just get your 'revenge' on opponents that are not responsible for your choices.

    HA, yeah sure F2P people that swap area and ship #1 spots every day to get 900 gems that I don't have...

    So tired of people saying if other players have it why don't you, like we're all in the same situation.

    Not the case. If you can't climb to #1 in Arena and #1 in fleet your missing thousands of gems that others get every week.

    Someone in the 50 to 100 range - 100 gems a day. ships 11 to 20, 100 gems a day, thats 200 extra gems a day.
    Someone who is in a discord group, managing their moves up with others to cap gems, getting #1 in both arena and ships gets 900 gems a day. 700 gem a day difference equals a lot of gear, characters, and F2P players having both GL's.

    I can't climb to #1 in arena because it's littered with GL's that I can't beat.

    GL's did mess up the economy in this game even more then it already was.
  • Ravens1113
    2439 posts Member
    ZAP wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    As for how does JKR help? Well he’s one of the only Jedi teams currently able to have a chance in LSTB. He’s a staple in TW for his counter to GG and other teams, including being a key cog in GL Rey counters. Also the teams use in Assault battles: Ground War.

    Nightsisters? Well they have their place in DSGeoTB, TW, Assault Battles, and also can be plug and plays in certain team comps as well for theory craft.

    GG? Staple in DSGeoTB as well as TW and Assault battles.

    You see how this is going right? And before you question assault battles helping your guild, it does because it provides much needed extra farming resources for G12 finishers, kyro’s, and relic materials. The more income you have the faster you can ready more teams for guild events.

    Anything else?

    The question was how JKR or NS help your guild compared to a GL (or Luke btw), since you made the claim that having them was more valuable to your guild.

    TB: Both Rey and Luke will do way more than JKR. NS are irrelevant to the discussion since DSTB is way easier.

    TW: A GL is way more useful on D than JKR or NS, which are both easily countered. And a GL is a way better counter to another GL than JKR on O.

    Anecdotal.

    However one team is not more valuable than 3 or even 4 in that regards to those game modes. That’s how. Getting multiple teams reliced that are hard counters to meta defenses in TW are more valuable than one that has counters (in 5v5) and can be beaten in one shot.

    The JKR and Vader teams can beat Rey on defense, in 5v5 which is what TW is. The problem comes in 3v3, which until it’s expanded heavily, falls only in GA. But that’s not the question that was asked to me. If you take the gear needed to get one GL, you could have no less than 3 other teams relic and contributing in multiple spots. Depending on how you place the gear you could have even 5 or 6 teams. Those teams are of more value in the team settings I discussed than one team.

    In a big guild? Hard disagree on everything you said.

    Hard disagree with you for 98% of the players out there. In fact, even for a player such as yourself, getting most of the other teams up to snuff before going for a GL is the wisest move for the player and guild.
    But if Ravens didn’t have any of those teams up to snuff beforehand... ?

    This whole line of complaint seems to me like the guy who came last in the 100m final complaining that he’d only recently learned to walk.

    If Ravens is being matched against GL owners when he himself is miles away from unlocking either of them, this speaks about poor choices somewhere along the line. Saying that gearing JKR, NS etc has taken priority only serves to clarify that.

    Oh man do I wish we get matched up in 5v5 for GAC one day to one shot your whole setup even without a GL lol.

    The fact you say that gearing up several viable teams for multiple games modes to not only help on a personal level but the guild as well just shows your short sightedness. The amount of gear needed to just get one GL, one super team, would cost the gearing and construction of several teams, including counters to GL’s that aren’t GL’s themselves.

    Case in point there are only about 24,250 GL’s in the game by now. By comparison there are almost 3x that many GAS, and almost 6x Malak’s. The gear required for just one GL is massive. So if you want to say getting multiple teams geared up for TB, TW, GAC, AB’s, etc is poor planning then I can only imagine the depth you lack on your team unless you’ve poured plenty of money into this game to counter the resources required for even a single GL. There’s a reason why not many people have them and many chose to work on GL counters instead while bolstering the rest of their viable teams. That doesn’t take away from my original point that a GL Rey in 3v3 is virtually a guaranteed win for someone going against another that doesn’t have a GL.
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    ZAP wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    As for how does JKR help? Well he’s one of the only Jedi teams currently able to have a chance in LSTB. He’s a staple in TW for his counter to GG and other teams, including being a key cog in GL Rey counters. Also the teams use in Assault battles: Ground War.

    Nightsisters? Well they have their place in DSGeoTB, TW, Assault Battles, and also can be plug and plays in certain team comps as well for theory craft.

    GG? Staple in DSGeoTB as well as TW and Assault battles.

    You see how this is going right? And before you question assault battles helping your guild, it does because it provides much needed extra farming resources for G12 finishers, kyro’s, and relic materials. The more income you have the faster you can ready more teams for guild events.

    Anything else?

    The question was how JKR or NS help your guild compared to a GL (or Luke btw), since you made the claim that having them was more valuable to your guild.

    TB: Both Rey and Luke will do way more than JKR. NS are irrelevant to the discussion since DSTB is way easier.

    TW: A GL is way more useful on D than JKR or NS, which are both easily countered. And a GL is a way better counter to another GL than JKR on O.

    Anecdotal.

    However one team is not more valuable than 3 or even 4 in that regards to those game modes. That’s how. Getting multiple teams reliced that are hard counters to meta defenses in TW are more valuable than one that has counters (in 5v5) and can be beaten in one shot.

    The JKR and Vader teams can beat Rey on defense, in 5v5 which is what TW is. The problem comes in 3v3, which until it’s expanded heavily, falls only in GA. But that’s not the question that was asked to me. If you take the gear needed to get one GL, you could have no less than 3 other teams relic and contributing in multiple spots. Depending on how you place the gear you could have even 5 or 6 teams. Those teams are of more value in the team settings I discussed than one team.

    In a big guild? Hard disagree on everything you said.

    Hard disagree with you for 98% of the players out there. In fact, even for a player such as yourself, getting most of the other teams up to snuff before going for a GL is the wisest move for the player and guild.
    But if Ravens didn’t have any of those teams up to snuff beforehand... ?

    This whole line of complaint seems to me like the guy who came last in the 100m final complaining that he’d only recently learned to walk.

    If Ravens is being matched against GL owners when he himself is miles away from unlocking either of them, this speaks about poor choices somewhere along the line. Saying that gearing JKR, NS etc has taken priority only serves to clarify that.

    Oh man do I wish we get matched up in 5v5 for GAC one day to one shot your whole setup even without a GL lol.

    The fact you say that gearing up several viable teams for multiple games modes to not only help on a personal level but the guild as well just shows your short sightedness. The amount of gear needed to just get one GL, one super team, would cost the gearing and construction of several teams, including counters to GL’s that aren’t GL’s themselves.

    Case in point there are only about 24,250 GL’s in the game by now. By comparison there are almost 3x that many GAS, and almost 6x Malak’s. The gear required for just one GL is massive. So if you want to say getting multiple teams geared up for TB, TW, GAC, AB’s, etc is poor planning then I can only imagine the depth you lack on your team unless you’ve poured plenty of money into this game to counter the resources required for even a single GL. There’s a reason why not many people have them and many chose to work on GL counters instead while bolstering the rest of their viable teams. That doesn’t take away from my original point that a GL Rey in 3v3 is virtually a guaranteed win for someone going against another that doesn’t have a GL.
    This is the crux of most “GL ruined GAC” arguments. Bitter people who think they could beat other people if the playing field were levelled, whilst at the same time complaining that they simply cannot win when they face an uphill struggle.

    I won’t even speculate on what would happen if we met in 5v5. That’s not the subject of this discussion. Safe to say I’d be setting both my GL (SLKR will be ready long before the current GAC ends) on defence and I’d look forward to you one shotting both of them.

    The point you keep missing is that when I and others had less than your total GP we already had all the teams you’ve mentioned geared and levelled. Your complaint is that you’ve been matched against someone who has a GL when you don’t. Mentioning your prioritising JKR, NS, DR etc is simply not relevant for the overwhelming majority of people at your level.

    You know how this game mode works. Now you’ve met GL owners, you can be certain you will continue to do so. Coming on here complaining about how unfair it is, whilst simultaneously boasting how badly you’d beat people who own a GL confuses me.
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    ZAP wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    As for how does JKR help? Well he’s one of the only Jedi teams currently able to have a chance in LSTB. He’s a staple in TW for his counter to GG and other teams, including being a key cog in GL Rey counters. Also the teams use in Assault battles: Ground War.

    Nightsisters? Well they have their place in DSGeoTB, TW, Assault Battles, and also can be plug and plays in certain team comps as well for theory craft.

    GG? Staple in DSGeoTB as well as TW and Assault battles.

    You see how this is going right? And before you question assault battles helping your guild, it does because it provides much needed extra farming resources for G12 finishers, kyro’s, and relic materials. The more income you have the faster you can ready more teams for guild events.

    Anything else?

    The question was how JKR or NS help your guild compared to a GL (or Luke btw), since you made the claim that having them was more valuable to your guild.

    TB: Both Rey and Luke will do way more than JKR. NS are irrelevant to the discussion since DSTB is way easier.

    TW: A GL is way more useful on D than JKR or NS, which are both easily countered. And a GL is a way better counter to another GL than JKR on O.

    Anecdotal.

    However one team is not more valuable than 3 or even 4 in that regards to those game modes. That’s how. Getting multiple teams reliced that are hard counters to meta defenses in TW are more valuable than one that has counters (in 5v5) and can be beaten in one shot.

    The JKR and Vader teams can beat Rey on defense, in 5v5 which is what TW is. The problem comes in 3v3, which until it’s expanded heavily, falls only in GA. But that’s not the question that was asked to me. If you take the gear needed to get one GL, you could have no less than 3 other teams relic and contributing in multiple spots. Depending on how you place the gear you could have even 5 or 6 teams. Those teams are of more value in the team settings I discussed than one team.

    In a big guild? Hard disagree on everything you said.

    Hard disagree with you for 98% of the players out there. In fact, even for a player such as yourself, getting most of the other teams up to snuff before going for a GL is the wisest move for the player and guild.
    But if Ravens didn’t have any of those teams up to snuff beforehand... ?

    This whole line of complaint seems to me like the guy who came last in the 100m final complaining that he’d only recently learned to walk.

    If Ravens is being matched against GL owners when he himself is miles away from unlocking either of them, this speaks about poor choices somewhere along the line. Saying that gearing JKR, NS etc has taken priority only serves to clarify that.

    Oh man do I wish we get matched up in 5v5 for GAC one day to one shot your whole setup even without a GL lol.

    The fact you say that gearing up several viable teams for multiple games modes to not only help on a personal level but the guild as well just shows your short sightedness. The amount of gear needed to just get one GL, one super team, would cost the gearing and construction of several teams, including counters to GL’s that aren’t GL’s themselves.

    Case in point there are only about 24,250 GL’s in the game by now. By comparison there are almost 3x that many GAS, and almost 6x Malak’s. The gear required for just one GL is massive. So if you want to say getting multiple teams geared up for TB, TW, GAC, AB’s, etc is poor planning then I can only imagine the depth you lack on your team unless you’ve poured plenty of money into this game to counter the resources required for even a single GL. There’s a reason why not many people have them and many chose to work on GL counters instead while bolstering the rest of their viable teams. That doesn’t take away from my original point that a GL Rey in 3v3 is virtually a guaranteed win for someone going against another that doesn’t have a GL.

    You are comparing gated toons that were released at different times, how does that make sense? Should we be checking in a year the amount of first 2 gls compared to next big thing and woe how unobtainable that thing is?

    I fully agree that rey/han/chewie on 3v3 sucks though. This doesn't change when a rey player goes against another one either. Joyless slugfest.
  • I fought my first gl kylo in gac. Sucks that the rest of his roster was really weak and I thought I could still win. In division 1. I beat his gl team in 2 tries and then cleared the rest of his board no problem. I scored a 2425, and he beat me by 60. I cant wait for swgoh.gg to put the battle info up so I can see how he cleared me.
  • TVF wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    As for how does JKR help? Well he’s one of the only Jedi teams currently able to have a chance in LSTB. He’s a staple in TW for his counter to GG and other teams, including being a key cog in GL Rey counters. Also the teams use in Assault battles: Ground War.

    Nightsisters? Well they have their place in DSGeoTB, TW, Assault Battles, and also can be plug and plays in certain team comps as well for theory craft.

    GG? Staple in DSGeoTB as well as TW and Assault battles.

    You see how this is going right? And before you question assault battles helping your guild, it does because it provides much needed extra farming resources for G12 finishers, kyro’s, and relic materials. The more income you have the faster you can ready more teams for guild events.

    Anything else?

    The question was how JKR or NS help your guild compared to a GL (or Luke btw), since you made the claim that having them was more valuable to your guild.

    TB: Both Rey and Luke will do way more than JKR. NS are irrelevant to the discussion since DSTB is way easier.

    TW: A GL is way more useful on D than JKR or NS, which are both easily countered. And a GL is a way better counter to another GL than JKR on O.

    Anecdotal.

    However one team is not more valuable than 3 or even 4 in that regards to those game modes. That’s how. Getting multiple teams reliced that are hard counters to meta defenses in TW are more valuable than one that has counters (in 5v5) and can be beaten in one shot.

    The JKR and Vader teams can beat Rey on defense, in 5v5 which is what TW is. The problem comes in 3v3, which until it’s expanded heavily, falls only in GA. But that’s not the question that was asked to me. If you take the gear needed to get one GL, you could have no less than 3 other teams relic and contributing in multiple spots. Depending on how you place the gear you could have even 5 or 6 teams. Those teams are of more value in the team settings I discussed than one team.

    In a big guild? Hard disagree on everything you said.

    Ok. You're very, very wrong but ok
  • ZAP wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    As for how does JKR help? Well he’s one of the only Jedi teams currently able to have a chance in LSTB. He’s a staple in TW for his counter to GG and other teams, including being a key cog in GL Rey counters. Also the teams use in Assault battles: Ground War.

    Nightsisters? Well they have their place in DSGeoTB, TW, Assault Battles, and also can be plug and plays in certain team comps as well for theory craft.

    GG? Staple in DSGeoTB as well as TW and Assault battles.

    You see how this is going right? And before you question assault battles helping your guild, it does because it provides much needed extra farming resources for G12 finishers, kyro’s, and relic materials. The more income you have the faster you can ready more teams for guild events.

    Anything else?

    The question was how JKR or NS help your guild compared to a GL (or Luke btw), since you made the claim that having them was more valuable to your guild.

    TB: Both Rey and Luke will do way more than JKR. NS are irrelevant to the discussion since DSTB is way easier.

    TW: A GL is way more useful on D than JKR or NS, which are both easily countered. And a GL is a way better counter to another GL than JKR on O.

    Anecdotal.

    However one team is not more valuable than 3 or even 4 in that regards to those game modes. That’s how. Getting multiple teams reliced that are hard counters to meta defenses in TW are more valuable than one that has counters (in 5v5) and can be beaten in one shot.

    The JKR and Vader teams can beat Rey on defense, in 5v5 which is what TW is. The problem comes in 3v3, which until it’s expanded heavily, falls only in GA. But that’s not the question that was asked to me. If you take the gear needed to get one GL, you could have no less than 3 other teams relic and contributing in multiple spots. Depending on how you place the gear you could have even 5 or 6 teams. Those teams are of more value in the team settings I discussed than one team.

    In a big guild? Hard disagree on everything you said.

    Hard disagree with you for 98% of the players out there. In fact, even for a player such as yourself, getting most of the other teams up to snuff before going for a GL is the wisest move for the player and guild.

    Spotted a great guildie right here. Great attitude and great mindset.
  • ZAP wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    As for how does JKR help? Well he’s one of the only Jedi teams currently able to have a chance in LSTB. He’s a staple in TW for his counter to GG and other teams, including being a key cog in GL Rey counters. Also the teams use in Assault battles: Ground War.

    Nightsisters? Well they have their place in DSGeoTB, TW, Assault Battles, and also can be plug and plays in certain team comps as well for theory craft.

    GG? Staple in DSGeoTB as well as TW and Assault battles.

    You see how this is going right? And before you question assault battles helping your guild, it does because it provides much needed extra farming resources for G12 finishers, kyro’s, and relic materials. The more income you have the faster you can ready more teams for guild events.

    Anything else?

    The question was how JKR or NS help your guild compared to a GL (or Luke btw), since you made the claim that having them was more valuable to your guild.

    TB: Both Rey and Luke will do way more than JKR. NS are irrelevant to the discussion since DSTB is way easier.

    TW: A GL is way more useful on D than JKR or NS, which are both easily countered. And a GL is a way better counter to another GL than JKR on O.

    Anecdotal.

    However one team is not more valuable than 3 or even 4 in that regards to those game modes. That’s how. Getting multiple teams reliced that are hard counters to meta defenses in TW are more valuable than one that has counters (in 5v5) and can be beaten in one shot.

    The JKR and Vader teams can beat Rey on defense, in 5v5 which is what TW is. The problem comes in 3v3, which until it’s expanded heavily, falls only in GA. But that’s not the question that was asked to me. If you take the gear needed to get one GL, you could have no less than 3 other teams relic and contributing in multiple spots. Depending on how you place the gear you could have even 5 or 6 teams. Those teams are of more value in the team settings I discussed than one team.

    In a big guild? Hard disagree on everything you said.

    Hard disagree with you for 98% of the players out there. In fact, even for a player such as yourself, getting most of the other teams up to snuff before going for a GL is the wisest move for the player and guild.

    Spotted a great guildie right here. Great attitude and great mindset.
    There’s a mismatch here though.

    Of course someone should have JKR, NS, DR, GG teams up to scratch before they get a GL, but Ravens is complaining that he’s meeting GL owners but doesn’t own one because he’s been getting those teams up to scratch.

    There’ll be the odd GL owner who has paid for it that is missing some of those teams, but the overwhelming majority will have those teams AND a GL. If you can be matched against a GL owner when you’re miles away from your own, something doesn’t add up.
  • ZAP wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    As for how does JKR help? Well he’s one of the only Jedi teams currently able to have a chance in LSTB. He’s a staple in TW for his counter to GG and other teams, including being a key cog in GL Rey counters. Also the teams use in Assault battles: Ground War.

    Nightsisters? Well they have their place in DSGeoTB, TW, Assault Battles, and also can be plug and plays in certain team comps as well for theory craft.

    GG? Staple in DSGeoTB as well as TW and Assault battles.

    You see how this is going right? And before you question assault battles helping your guild, it does because it provides much needed extra farming resources for G12 finishers, kyro’s, and relic materials. The more income you have the faster you can ready more teams for guild events.

    Anything else?

    The question was how JKR or NS help your guild compared to a GL (or Luke btw), since you made the claim that having them was more valuable to your guild.

    TB: Both Rey and Luke will do way more than JKR. NS are irrelevant to the discussion since DSTB is way easier.

    TW: A GL is way more useful on D than JKR or NS, which are both easily countered. And a GL is a way better counter to another GL than JKR on O.

    Anecdotal.

    However one team is not more valuable than 3 or even 4 in that regards to those game modes. That’s how. Getting multiple teams reliced that are hard counters to meta defenses in TW are more valuable than one that has counters (in 5v5) and can be beaten in one shot.

    The JKR and Vader teams can beat Rey on defense, in 5v5 which is what TW is. The problem comes in 3v3, which until it’s expanded heavily, falls only in GA. But that’s not the question that was asked to me. If you take the gear needed to get one GL, you could have no less than 3 other teams relic and contributing in multiple spots. Depending on how you place the gear you could have even 5 or 6 teams. Those teams are of more value in the team settings I discussed than one team.

    In a big guild? Hard disagree on everything you said.

    Hard disagree with you for 98% of the players out there. In fact, even for a player such as yourself, getting most of the other teams up to snuff before going for a GL is the wisest move for the player and guild.

    Spotted a great guildie right here. Great attitude and great mindset.
    There’s a mismatch here though.

    Of course someone should have JKR, NS, DR, GG teams up to scratch before they get a GL, but Ravens is complaining that he’s meeting GL owners but doesn’t own one because he’s been getting those teams up to scratch.

    There’ll be the odd GL owner who has paid for it that is missing some of those teams, but the overwhelming majority will have those teams AND a GL. If you can be matched against a GL owner when you’re miles away from your own, something doesn’t add up.

    Yeah I get it and I agree that it's a players choice in how they build so I agree with that aspect of this thread for sure. I get them on the regular now every GAC but you won't see me complaining about it. It's just part of this pick and choose game. I only complain about the mm system in general but that's for another thread. But again, totally agree with ya in regards to that.
  • ZAP wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    As for how does JKR help? Well he’s one of the only Jedi teams currently able to have a chance in LSTB. He’s a staple in TW for his counter to GG and other teams, including being a key cog in GL Rey counters. Also the teams use in Assault battles: Ground War.

    Nightsisters? Well they have their place in DSGeoTB, TW, Assault Battles, and also can be plug and plays in certain team comps as well for theory craft.

    GG? Staple in DSGeoTB as well as TW and Assault battles.

    You see how this is going right? And before you question assault battles helping your guild, it does because it provides much needed extra farming resources for G12 finishers, kyro’s, and relic materials. The more income you have the faster you can ready more teams for guild events.

    Anything else?

    The question was how JKR or NS help your guild compared to a GL (or Luke btw), since you made the claim that having them was more valuable to your guild.

    TB: Both Rey and Luke will do way more than JKR. NS are irrelevant to the discussion since DSTB is way easier.

    TW: A GL is way more useful on D than JKR or NS, which are both easily countered. And a GL is a way better counter to another GL than JKR on O.

    Anecdotal.

    However one team is not more valuable than 3 or even 4 in that regards to those game modes. That’s how. Getting multiple teams reliced that are hard counters to meta defenses in TW are more valuable than one that has counters (in 5v5) and can be beaten in one shot.

    The JKR and Vader teams can beat Rey on defense, in 5v5 which is what TW is. The problem comes in 3v3, which until it’s expanded heavily, falls only in GA. But that’s not the question that was asked to me. If you take the gear needed to get one GL, you could have no less than 3 other teams relic and contributing in multiple spots. Depending on how you place the gear you could have even 5 or 6 teams. Those teams are of more value in the team settings I discussed than one team.

    In a big guild? Hard disagree on everything you said.

    Hard disagree with you for 98% of the players out there. In fact, even for a player such as yourself, getting most of the other teams up to snuff before going for a GL is the wisest move for the player and guild.

    Spotted a great guildie right here. Great attitude and great mindset.
    There’s a mismatch here though.

    Of course someone should have JKR, NS, DR, GG teams up to scratch before they get a GL, but Ravens is complaining that he’s meeting GL owners but doesn’t own one because he’s been getting those teams up to scratch.

    There’ll be the odd GL owner who has paid for it that is missing some of those teams, but the overwhelming majority will have those teams AND a GL. If you can be matched against a GL owner when you’re miles away from your own, something doesn’t add up.

    Yeah the matchmaking is terrible.
  • Pile
    506 posts Member
    I'd still like to know what the GP thresholds that dictate matchups are. Is it within 50k, 100k? How close in top 80GP do players have to be in order to get matched?
  • yankeeh8er wrote: »
    ZAP wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    As for how does JKR help? Well he’s one of the only Jedi teams currently able to have a chance in LSTB. He’s a staple in TW for his counter to GG and other teams, including being a key cog in GL Rey counters. Also the teams use in Assault battles: Ground War.

    Nightsisters? Well they have their place in DSGeoTB, TW, Assault Battles, and also can be plug and plays in certain team comps as well for theory craft.

    GG? Staple in DSGeoTB as well as TW and Assault battles.

    You see how this is going right? And before you question assault battles helping your guild, it does because it provides much needed extra farming resources for G12 finishers, kyro’s, and relic materials. The more income you have the faster you can ready more teams for guild events.

    Anything else?

    The question was how JKR or NS help your guild compared to a GL (or Luke btw), since you made the claim that having them was more valuable to your guild.

    TB: Both Rey and Luke will do way more than JKR. NS are irrelevant to the discussion since DSTB is way easier.

    TW: A GL is way more useful on D than JKR or NS, which are both easily countered. And a GL is a way better counter to another GL than JKR on O.

    Anecdotal.

    However one team is not more valuable than 3 or even 4 in that regards to those game modes. That’s how. Getting multiple teams reliced that are hard counters to meta defenses in TW are more valuable than one that has counters (in 5v5) and can be beaten in one shot.

    The JKR and Vader teams can beat Rey on defense, in 5v5 which is what TW is. The problem comes in 3v3, which until it’s expanded heavily, falls only in GA. But that’s not the question that was asked to me. If you take the gear needed to get one GL, you could have no less than 3 other teams relic and contributing in multiple spots. Depending on how you place the gear you could have even 5 or 6 teams. Those teams are of more value in the team settings I discussed than one team.

    In a big guild? Hard disagree on everything you said.

    Hard disagree with you for 98% of the players out there. In fact, even for a player such as yourself, getting most of the other teams up to snuff before going for a GL is the wisest move for the player and guild.

    Spotted a great guildie right here. Great attitude and great mindset.
    There’s a mismatch here though.

    Of course someone should have JKR, NS, DR, GG teams up to scratch before they get a GL, but Ravens is complaining that he’s meeting GL owners but doesn’t own one because he’s been getting those teams up to scratch.

    There’ll be the odd GL owner who has paid for it that is missing some of those teams, but the overwhelming majority will have those teams AND a GL. If you can be matched against a GL owner when you’re miles away from your own, something doesn’t add up.

    Yeah the matchmaking is terrible.
    Not really. People who have top X GP that allows them to be matched with GL owners when they themselves are nowhere near owning a GL sounds like a player problem to me.
  • yankeeh8er wrote: »
    ZAP wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    As for how does JKR help? Well he’s one of the only Jedi teams currently able to have a chance in LSTB. He’s a staple in TW for his counter to GG and other teams, including being a key cog in GL Rey counters. Also the teams use in Assault battles: Ground War.

    Nightsisters? Well they have their place in DSGeoTB, TW, Assault Battles, and also can be plug and plays in certain team comps as well for theory craft.

    GG? Staple in DSGeoTB as well as TW and Assault battles.

    You see how this is going right? And before you question assault battles helping your guild, it does because it provides much needed extra farming resources for G12 finishers, kyro’s, and relic materials. The more income you have the faster you can ready more teams for guild events.

    Anything else?

    The question was how JKR or NS help your guild compared to a GL (or Luke btw), since you made the claim that having them was more valuable to your guild.

    TB: Both Rey and Luke will do way more than JKR. NS are irrelevant to the discussion since DSTB is way easier.

    TW: A GL is way more useful on D than JKR or NS, which are both easily countered. And a GL is a way better counter to another GL than JKR on O.

    Anecdotal.

    However one team is not more valuable than 3 or even 4 in that regards to those game modes. That’s how. Getting multiple teams reliced that are hard counters to meta defenses in TW are more valuable than one that has counters (in 5v5) and can be beaten in one shot.

    The JKR and Vader teams can beat Rey on defense, in 5v5 which is what TW is. The problem comes in 3v3, which until it’s expanded heavily, falls only in GA. But that’s not the question that was asked to me. If you take the gear needed to get one GL, you could have no less than 3 other teams relic and contributing in multiple spots. Depending on how you place the gear you could have even 5 or 6 teams. Those teams are of more value in the team settings I discussed than one team.

    In a big guild? Hard disagree on everything you said.

    Hard disagree with you for 98% of the players out there. In fact, even for a player such as yourself, getting most of the other teams up to snuff before going for a GL is the wisest move for the player and guild.

    Spotted a great guildie right here. Great attitude and great mindset.
    There’s a mismatch here though.

    Of course someone should have JKR, NS, DR, GG teams up to scratch before they get a GL, but Ravens is complaining that he’s meeting GL owners but doesn’t own one because he’s been getting those teams up to scratch.

    There’ll be the odd GL owner who has paid for it that is missing some of those teams, but the overwhelming majority will have those teams AND a GL. If you can be matched against a GL owner when you’re miles away from your own, something doesn’t add up.

    Yeah the matchmaking is terrible.
    Not really. People who have top X GP that allows them to be matched with GL owners when they themselves are nowhere near owning a GL sounds like a player problem to me.

    No it is definitely a matchmaking problem if your opponent has 1 MILLION more gp then you do. There is no such thing as a player problem in a game like this. Not wanting these awful galactic legends is a perfectly reasonable choice. I lost to some wallet warrior this time by 40 points and that is fine since we were really close in gp. Getting matched up with people with a million more gp than me is not fine though because then there is absolutely nothing I can do to win. The matchmaking needs to be much better. Rather then arbitrarily taking our top 80 they should consider full roster and weight more valuable characters more heavily.
  • MetaThumper
    265 posts Member
    edited August 1
    Pile wrote: »
    I'd still like to know what the GP thresholds that dictate matchups are. Is it within 50k, 100k? How close in top 80GP do players have to be in order to get matched?

    The largest gap I've seen regarding topX toons was around 125k

    Overall GP was around 2.25m

    Overall toon GP was at 1m .

    I think mods & relic levels are included in the MM but not sure of the amount. Mostly looks like just topX toons which is a terrible idea BUT better than it was before this version.
  • yankeeh8er wrote: »
    yankeeh8er wrote: »
    ZAP wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    As for how does JKR help? Well he’s one of the only Jedi teams currently able to have a chance in LSTB. He’s a staple in TW for his counter to GG and other teams, including being a key cog in GL Rey counters. Also the teams use in Assault battles: Ground War.

    Nightsisters? Well they have their place in DSGeoTB, TW, Assault Battles, and also can be plug and plays in certain team comps as well for theory craft.

    GG? Staple in DSGeoTB as well as TW and Assault battles.

    You see how this is going right? And before you question assault battles helping your guild, it does because it provides much needed extra farming resources for G12 finishers, kyro’s, and relic materials. The more income you have the faster you can ready more teams for guild events.

    Anything else?

    The question was how JKR or NS help your guild compared to a GL (or Luke btw), since you made the claim that having them was more valuable to your guild.

    TB: Both Rey and Luke will do way more than JKR. NS are irrelevant to the discussion since DSTB is way easier.

    TW: A GL is way more useful on D than JKR or NS, which are both easily countered. And a GL is a way better counter to another GL than JKR on O.

    Anecdotal.

    However one team is not more valuable than 3 or even 4 in that regards to those game modes. That’s how. Getting multiple teams reliced that are hard counters to meta defenses in TW are more valuable than one that has counters (in 5v5) and can be beaten in one shot.

    The JKR and Vader teams can beat Rey on defense, in 5v5 which is what TW is. The problem comes in 3v3, which until it’s expanded heavily, falls only in GA. But that’s not the question that was asked to me. If you take the gear needed to get one GL, you could have no less than 3 other teams relic and contributing in multiple spots. Depending on how you place the gear you could have even 5 or 6 teams. Those teams are of more value in the team settings I discussed than one team.

    In a big guild? Hard disagree on everything you said.

    Hard disagree with you for 98% of the players out there. In fact, even for a player such as yourself, getting most of the other teams up to snuff before going for a GL is the wisest move for the player and guild.

    Spotted a great guildie right here. Great attitude and great mindset.
    There’s a mismatch here though.

    Of course someone should have JKR, NS, DR, GG teams up to scratch before they get a GL, but Ravens is complaining that he’s meeting GL owners but doesn’t own one because he’s been getting those teams up to scratch.

    There’ll be the odd GL owner who has paid for it that is missing some of those teams, but the overwhelming majority will have those teams AND a GL. If you can be matched against a GL owner when you’re miles away from your own, something doesn’t add up.

    Yeah the matchmaking is terrible.
    Not really. People who have top X GP that allows them to be matched with GL owners when they themselves are nowhere near owning a GL sounds like a player problem to me.

    No it is definitely a matchmaking problem if your opponent has 1 MILLION more gp then you do. There is no such thing as a player problem in a game like this. Not wanting these awful galactic legends is a perfectly reasonable choice. I lost to some wallet warrior this time by 40 points and that is fine since we were really close in gp. Getting matched up with people with a million more gp than me is not fine though because then there is absolutely nothing I can do to win. The matchmaking needs to be much better. Rather then arbitrarily taking our top 80 they should consider full roster and weight more valuable characters more heavily.
    Further up this thread you said you lost by 60. Now it’s 40? And calling someone a Wallet Warrior because they have a GL is a tired, lazy and inaccurate bit of generalising.

    Not wanting a GL is a choice - but then you have no right complaining when you draw somebody that has a GL. The game should not wrap people in cotton wool and protect them from these choices. If I choose to mod my entire inventory with a defence primary arrow, that is always likely to cost me. Choosing not to go for the most powerful toons in the game should come with a cost.

    And the more valuable characters are already considered more heavily. My r7 Rey has just shy of 50k GP, and the 12 toons I needed to gear up to get her have just shy of 300k GP - at least half of that I’ve only applied to get her, which is 150K of deadweight in my top 80. So, again, have a think about how someone who is miles away from owning a GL can be matched with someone who does own one?
  • yankeeh8er wrote: »
    yankeeh8er wrote: »
    ZAP wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    As for how does JKR help? Well he’s one of the only Jedi teams currently able to have a chance in LSTB. He’s a staple in TW for his counter to GG and other teams, including being a key cog in GL Rey counters. Also the teams use in Assault battles: Ground War.

    Nightsisters? Well they have their place in DSGeoTB, TW, Assault Battles, and also can be plug and plays in certain team comps as well for theory craft.

    GG? Staple in DSGeoTB as well as TW and Assault battles.

    You see how this is going right? And before you question assault battles helping your guild, it does because it provides much needed extra farming resources for G12 finishers, kyro’s, and relic materials. The more income you have the faster you can ready more teams for guild events.

    Anything else?

    The question was how JKR or NS help your guild compared to a GL (or Luke btw), since you made the claim that having them was more valuable to your guild.

    TB: Both Rey and Luke will do way more than JKR. NS are irrelevant to the discussion since DSTB is way easier.

    TW: A GL is way more useful on D than JKR or NS, which are both easily countered. And a GL is a way better counter to another GL than JKR on O.

    Anecdotal.

    However one team is not more valuable than 3 or even 4 in that regards to those game modes. That’s how. Getting multiple teams reliced that are hard counters to meta defenses in TW are more valuable than one that has counters (in 5v5) and can be beaten in one shot.

    The JKR and Vader teams can beat Rey on defense, in 5v5 which is what TW is. The problem comes in 3v3, which until it’s expanded heavily, falls only in GA. But that’s not the question that was asked to me. If you take the gear needed to get one GL, you could have no less than 3 other teams relic and contributing in multiple spots. Depending on how you place the gear you could have even 5 or 6 teams. Those teams are of more value in the team settings I discussed than one team.

    In a big guild? Hard disagree on everything you said.

    Hard disagree with you for 98% of the players out there. In fact, even for a player such as yourself, getting most of the other teams up to snuff before going for a GL is the wisest move for the player and guild.

    Spotted a great guildie right here. Great attitude and great mindset.
    There’s a mismatch here though.

    Of course someone should have JKR, NS, DR, GG teams up to scratch before they get a GL, but Ravens is complaining that he’s meeting GL owners but doesn’t own one because he’s been getting those teams up to scratch.

    There’ll be the odd GL owner who has paid for it that is missing some of those teams, but the overwhelming majority will have those teams AND a GL. If you can be matched against a GL owner when you’re miles away from your own, something doesn’t add up.

    Yeah the matchmaking is terrible.
    Not really. People who have top X GP that allows them to be matched with GL owners when they themselves are nowhere near owning a GL sounds like a player problem to me.

    No it is definitely a matchmaking problem if your opponent has 1 MILLION more gp then you do. There is no such thing as a player problem in a game like this. Not wanting these awful galactic legends is a perfectly reasonable choice. I lost to some wallet warrior this time by 40 points and that is fine since we were really close in gp. Getting matched up with people with a million more gp than me is not fine though because then there is absolutely nothing I can do to win. The matchmaking needs to be much better. Rather then arbitrarily taking our top 80 they should consider full roster and weight more valuable characters more heavily.
    Further up this thread you said you lost by 60. Now it’s 40? And calling someone a Wallet Warrior because they have a GL is a tired, lazy and inaccurate bit of generalising.

    Not wanting a GL is a choice - but then you have no right complaining when you draw somebody that has a GL. The game should not wrap people in cotton wool and protect them from these choices. If I choose to mod my entire inventory with a defence primary arrow, that is always likely to cost me. Choosing not to go for the most powerful toons in the game should come with a cost.

    And the more valuable characters are already considered more heavily. My r7 Rey has just shy of 50k GP, and the 12 toons I needed to gear up to get her have just shy of 300k GP - at least half of that I’ve only applied to get her, which is 150K of deadweight in my top 80. So, again, have a think about how someone who is miles away from owning a GL can be matched with someone who does own one?

    Because the matchmaking....is off. Bloating your GP with the GL reqs raises you to other levels and groupings. Especially if you’re a whale/kraken who didn’t start day one so you didn’t level up old meta teams that are inflating your GP.

    Here’s the bottom line, in 5v5 there are counters to the GL’s that don’t require the GL’s themselves. People who don’t want the GL’s or haven’t gotten them yet can go for those, which I’ve done. I can counter GL’s in 5v5. My issue, which I’ve stated several times already is that in 3v3 those counters to GL’s, mainly GL Rey is limited to a GL counter or a cheese strategy that still requires luck and is almost a virtual round loss unless your opponent trips up on their attacks. So my complaining about getting paired up with one in 3v3 is valid, whether you want to agree or not.

    Now your bashing of people choosing to prioritize overall guild strength by gearing up several other teams first,’F2P, is just asinine and beyond condescending. Not to mention laughably short sighted. Here’s an example, your GL Rey team gets 3/4 on a CM in LSGEOTb. Wooo. But wait? You poured so much gear into her unlocking that your JKR, GR and GAS teams are lackluster and can’t complete even a single wave...Now you’re costing your guild precious CM points...sure glad that the Rey team was prioritized first Huh?
  • yankeeh8er
    496 posts Member
    edited August 1
    yankeeh8er wrote: »
    yankeeh8er wrote: »
    ZAP wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    As for how does JKR help? Well he’s one of the only Jedi teams currently able to have a chance in LSTB. He’s a staple in TW for his counter to GG and other teams, including being a key cog in GL Rey counters. Also the teams use in Assault battles: Ground War.

    Nightsisters? Well they have their place in DSGeoTB, TW, Assault Battles, and also can be plug and plays in certain team comps as well for theory craft.

    GG? Staple in DSGeoTB as well as TW and Assault battles.

    You see how this is going right? And before you question assault battles helping your guild, it does because it provides much needed extra farming resources for G12 finishers, kyro’s, and relic materials. The more income you have the faster you can ready more teams for guild events.

    Anything else?

    The question was how JKR or NS help your guild compared to a GL (or Luke btw), since you made the claim that having them was more valuable to your guild.

    TB: Both Rey and Luke will do way more than JKR. NS are irrelevant to the discussion since DSTB is way easier.

    TW: A GL is way more useful on D than JKR or NS, which are both easily countered. And a GL is a way better counter to another GL than JKR on O.

    Anecdotal.

    However one team is not more valuable than 3 or even 4 in that regards to those game modes. That’s how. Getting multiple teams reliced that are hard counters to meta defenses in TW are more valuable than one that has counters (in 5v5) and can be beaten in one shot.

    The JKR and Vader teams can beat Rey on defense, in 5v5 which is what TW is. The problem comes in 3v3, which until it’s expanded heavily, falls only in GA. But that’s not the question that was asked to me. If you take the gear needed to get one GL, you could have no less than 3 other teams relic and contributing in multiple spots. Depending on how you place the gear you could have even 5 or 6 teams. Those teams are of more value in the team settings I discussed than one team.

    In a big guild? Hard disagree on everything you said.

    Hard disagree with you for 98% of the players out there. In fact, even for a player such as yourself, getting most of the other teams up to snuff before going for a GL is the wisest move for the player and guild.

    Spotted a great guildie right here. Great attitude and great mindset.
    There’s a mismatch here though.

    Of course someone should have JKR, NS, DR, GG teams up to scratch before they get a GL, but Ravens is complaining that he’s meeting GL owners but doesn’t own one because he’s been getting those teams up to scratch.

    There’ll be the odd GL owner who has paid for it that is missing some of those teams, but the overwhelming majority will have those teams AND a GL. If you can be matched against a GL owner when you’re miles away from your own, something doesn’t add up.

    Yeah the matchmaking is terrible.
    Not really. People who have top X GP that allows them to be matched with GL owners when they themselves are nowhere near owning a GL sounds like a player problem to me.

    No it is definitely a matchmaking problem if your opponent has 1 MILLION more gp then you do. There is no such thing as a player problem in a game like this. Not wanting these awful galactic legends is a perfectly reasonable choice. I lost to some wallet warrior this time by 40 points and that is fine since we were really close in gp. Getting matched up with people with a million more gp than me is not fine though because then there is absolutely nothing I can do to win. The matchmaking needs to be much better. Rather then arbitrarily taking our top 80 they should consider full roster and weight more valuable characters more heavily.
    Further up this thread you said you lost by 60. Now it’s 40? And calling someone a Wallet Warrior because they have a GL is a tired, lazy and inaccurate bit of generalising.

    Not wanting a GL is a choice - but then you have no right complaining when you draw somebody that has a GL. The game should not wrap people in cotton wool and protect them from these choices. If I choose to mod my entire inventory with a defence primary arrow, that is always likely to cost me. Choosing not to go for the most powerful toons in the game should come with a cost.

    And the more valuable characters are already considered more heavily. My r7 Rey has just shy of 50k GP, and the 12 toons I needed to gear up to get her have just shy of 300k GP - at least half of that I’ve only applied to get her, which is 150K of deadweight in my top 80. So, again, have a think about how someone who is miles away from owning a GL can be matched with someone who does own one?

    Sorry I having busy running errands all day so forgive me if I mistyped the amount one time.

    rvh24xojjwj7.jpg

    I have chosen not to work on gls because I am 100% focused on helping my guild with lsgeotb and dsgeotb. I am far from the highest gp in my guild and yet I am 1st or 2nd in combat waves completed every dsgeotb because I have focused so hard on those teams. I am working like crazy on jedi luke now since he can get 4/4 in lsgeotb and that is way more important than gac.
Sign In or Register to comment.