Arc trooper how good is he?

I'm planning on leveling up my 501st squad and arc trooper is the only toon currently sitting at 5 stars. Of all the other clones he doesnt come off as the most impressive. Sure he can summon a blaster turret and has 2 abilities that purely focus around said summoned weapon but since this turret cannot be used in raids and other specified areas he doesnt seem to have much to offer if he cant use his primary ability of summoning. Sure his basic attack is ok but aside from the other 501st clones he seems like a pushover. I'm not trying to bash the toon it just seems that other toons like mon mothma and geo brood alpha who also have summoning skills have way more abilities to use outside of just focusing on the ally they summon.

Replies

• Damodamo
    1574 posts Member
    Arc is very very good.. essential on a 501st squad.. I use him in hstr as well, shak lead and I hit around 60mil without much hassle..

In short, I’d rank him as more important than sarge or Cody and as important as the rest of the clones..
  • XaVii
    69 posts Member
    He is a must on Gas team
  • Damodamo wrote: »
    Arc is very very good.. essential on a 501st squad.. I use him in hstr as well, shak lead and I hit around 60mil without much hassle..

In short, I’d rank him as more important than sarge or Cody and as important as the rest of the clones..

Where are your clones at? I'm curios as a data point. Are they all relic 7? I ask because my question (and perhaps the OPs next one too) is what is the gearing/relicing plan for GAS and his 501st. Should all of them be relic 7? Only GAS and ARC at 7 but the rest are just fine at something else? Assume you have that team all at gear 9 lets say, who do you work on first and when do you stop?
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    AM2Rainman wrote: »
    Damodamo wrote: »

Where are your clones at? I'm curios as a data point. Are they all relic 7? I ask because my question (and perhaps the OPs next one too) is what is the gearing/relicing plan for GAS and his 501st. Should all of them be relic 7? Only GAS and ARC at 7 but the rest are just fine at something else? Assume you have that team all at gear 9 lets say, who do you work on first and when do you stop?

GAS and Fives are the most important early. Fives, because he passes around his stats when he sacrifices. Rex can actually be the lowest relic, because his special one-shots anyway. Echo and ARC as high as you can
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Damodamo
    1574 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    @AM2Rainman arc and echo are r6, 5s is r7 and rex is r5.

I’ve only just pushed arc and echo to 6, but have been placing under 60 in arena with a 6* gas for about a month since I r7d 5s. Hstr, I was doing 50/60mil before the extra r on arc and echo.

This is me if you want to nose mods etc

https://swgoh.gg/p/897311786/

If you have gas at 7* then gas-5s-arc-echo-rex.. if not the clones in th same order..just put lots of speed on rex, or use grandivory to help properly.
  • If you ever want to earn KAM shards, you'll want ARC, Echo, and 5s all at R7. Rex and Shaak can be R4/5ish. ARC is good otherwise, too, but that should really be enough motivation to work on him.
  • My shaak ti clone squad is only between gear 8 and 9 at the moment.
  • I would actually pass on arc if you have 4 other troopers for GAS.
    - I kill all GAS with my CLS team, arc or not.
    - When I get a challenge it is die to GAS himself not arc.
    - my top 20 arena shard are not GAS anyway. They are GL.
    - Arc is the best damaging Clone, but a luxury compared to what the farm gets you
  • ZAP wrote: »
    He hits like a truck at relic 7

I believe even Mace Windu does at R7 :D
  • Larx
    371 posts Member
    ZAP wrote: »
    He hits like a truck at relic 7

I believe even Mace Windu does at R7 :D

No. Not Mace. Mace still sucks at R7
  • Yupp I would work on him if I were u. Best for raids decent in arena and pretty much anything else
  • I have g12 arc with shaak (just got malak so not ready for gas yet) I think he's great. I'm at 3mil gp so nowhere near end game but find his turret assists on rex along with the buff dispel to be really useful against teams like malak