Help with Malak Light Side

Replies

• I posted it, therefore it must be true.
    confession - my genuine screenshot wouldn’t show 1/2 stars!
  • Kokie wrote: »
    I unlocked Malak too, by the way... dvfz4wdkmsu7.jpeg

Wait.....isn't that......no......can't be.....a random unverifiable screenshot can it?

If you knew me even remotely from my posts on this forum, you'd have 0 doubt that I have Malak, simply because of the fact that if I didn't have him I would not be in a good mood and I would possibly be salty and flaming in every post about him. So those who know me, need no proof that I have Malak in my pocket, but nice try tho
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Kokie wrote: »
    I unlocked Malak too, by the way... dvfz4wdkmsu7.jpeg

Wait.....isn't that......no......can't be.....a random unverifiable screenshot can it?

If you knew me even remotely from my posts on this forum, you'd have 0 doubt that I have Malak, simply because of the fact that if I didn't have him I would not be in a good mood and I would possibly be salty and flaming in every post about him. So those who know me, need no proof that I have Malak in my pocket, but nice try tho

I rest my case
  • “Those who know me need no proof”

From the man that categorically refuses to share his .gg profile.

• The event is so easy i barely followed the strat and still won

You aren't helping, you aren't even trying. Please go blow up somebody else's thread with your nonsense, OP is looking for help.

• Still unverifiable. No name in the screenshot. But it’s ok.
  • FolsomTony wrote: »
    The event is so easy i barely followed the strat and still won

Just stop it. People are asking for advice. You don't need to turn every advice thread into a "look at me thread".

There's already plenty of advice and more videos than any other event, the event is too easy to the point where if you're having a hard time it means you didn't bother looking at any of the videos. If you don't like my comments then read on.

And btw, the event is too easy

If you really read these threads, it's not just me that doesn't like your comments. It appears that everyone thinks you're a troll. Ease of the event isn't the theme of this thread.

Oh, and I've read most of your complaint threads, you shouldn't be offering anyone advice on how to play this game.

You aren't helping, you aren't even trying. Please go blow up somebody else's thread with your nonsense, OP is looking for help.

I'll tell you what I told the other guy earlier, there are multiple comments the OP can use to get help, me telling him what others already said is just as big waste of time as me saying how easy the event is. In fact, I'd argue my input is unique, I'm the only person who's talked about how easy the event is, maybe there's stuff to be learned here

I'll tell you what I told the other guy earlier, there are multiple comments the OP can use to get help, me telling him what others already said is just as big waste of time as me saying how easy the event is. In fact, I'd argue my input is unique, I'm the only person who's talked about how easy the event is, maybe there's stuff to be learned here

Go boast in the megathread and leave the OP out of it if you have nothing to contribute.
  • Still struggling after following the strat guide. What's the recommended speed for Zaalbar?
  • Still struggling after following the strat guide. What's the recommended speed for Zaalbar?

I finally got him. My Z was 240-ish speed. 241 I think.
  • The event is silly easy. I was expecting it to be hard, I got it on the second try for the light side because I actually didn't mod my team the first time, and the first attempt on the dark side. I even made a few "mistakes" according to the guides but I still managed to do it very easily. Sure the g13 on Darth Revan and Bastila helped a bit for the dark side but I still found the event to be extremely easy. The whales definitely overhyped the event to justify how broken Malak is.

Yeah i did it the first time without realizing I had forgotten the omega on zalbar's special. Needless to say it dodnt go too well. But it only took me like 4 tries on light and 1st try on dark. Had to remod zalbar for crit chance to make sure the armor shred landed every time but then it was pretty easy.
  • DarkHelmet1138
    3884 posts Member
    edited August 2019
    Still struggling after following the strat guide. What's the recommended speed for Zaalbar?

The higher the better. You want him to take more turns to get more armor shred. But crit chance is just as important since his special only puts the armor shred on if he crits.

I focused on the crit chance first. Only had about +10 to +15 on most mods and a few below that. I did make sure to have a speed arrow though. I went 3 crit chance sets. So nothing crazy on the speed.

I checked 155 total speed and 65% crit chance. So nothing crazy on the speed.

The higher the better. You want him to take more turns to get more armor shred. But crit chance is just as important since his special only puts the armor shred on if he crits.

I focused on the crit chance first. Only had about +10 to +15 on most mods and a few below that. I did make sure to have a speed arrow though. I went 3 crit chance sets. So nothing crazy on the speed.

Alright mine is 154 speed right now, and around 55% crit chance. Just tried again and got really close, but accidentally killed the crit protection Jedi which ruined my otherwise flawless run. I'll try again in the morning but after a full day of trying, I'm burnt out. Had to have played at least 30 tries lol
  • The event is silly easy. I was expecting it to be hard, I got it on the second try for the light side because I actually didn't mod my team the first time, and the first attempt on the dark side. I even made a few "mistakes" according to the guides but I still managed to do it very easily. Sure the g13 on Darth Revan and Bastila helped a bit for the dark side but I still found the event to be extremely easy. The whales definitely overhyped the event to justify how broken Malak is.

If you don't understand what makes this event difficult, one can only assume that you got through it on your second attempt by sheer luck.

Alright mine is 154 speed right now, and around 55% crit chance. Just tried again and got really close, but accidentally killed the crit protection Jedi which ruined my otherwise flawless run. I'll try again in the morning but after a full day of trying, I'm burnt out. Had to have played at least 30 tries lol

@DarthVeritlyn For reference, I ran Zaalbar at 254sp and 34%cc. For grins I tried to rerun the event with my standard Zaalbar mod set 179sp 34%cc and have not been able to finish LS ... but also not running JKR with the offense loaded set he needs, so yeah. Good luck.
  • For mine, I struggled until I killed the crit immunity jedi. He got the tenacity one. I did change my mod setup and got it fairly quickly after. I had bastila fastest, with about 240 speed, jolee and zaalbar about 230 , jkr modded with my best offence set, about 240 speed and mission with my best available cd and cc set. Mission and Z g11 and zetaed, others g12. Hope you get him!

@DarthVeritlyn For reference, I ran Zaalbar at 254sp and 34%cc. For grins I tried to rerun the event with my standard Zaalbar mod set 179sp 34%cc and have not been able to finish LS ... but also not running JKR with the offense loaded set he needs, so yeah. Good luck.

Yeah Im just not sure I can get him this time, which really suck since I beat Dark Side so easily. Im not even sure where to get these mods I need for speed
  • Kokie wrote: »
    The event is silly easy. I was expecting it to be hard, I got it on the second try for the light side because I actually didn't mod my team the first time, and the first attempt on the dark side. I even made a few "mistakes" according to the guides but I still managed to do it very easily. Sure the g13 on Darth Revan and Bastila helped a bit for the dark side but I still found the event to be extremely easy. The whales definitely overhyped the event to justify how broken Malak is.

I respectfully disagree

This person is a breathing contradiction. The water they drink and bathe in doesn't get wet.
  • FolsomTony wrote: »
    The event is so easy i barely followed the strat and still won

Just stop it. People are asking for advice. You don't need to turn every advice thread into a "look at me thread".

There's already plenty of advice and more videos than any other event, the event is too easy to the point where if you're having a hard time it means you didn't bother looking at any of the videos. If you don't like my comments then read on.

And btw, the event is too easy

Everyone doesn't need a video to learn how to brush their teeth unlike the real geniuses. Especially when it takes less time to be told put the paste on the brush wet apply to teeth scrub teeth rinse and or repeat.... Kill the droids, only hit Malak with armor shred continue until all stasis.pods are gone then hit Malak with everything you got. It's easier to tell than to watch a video even easier to tell than you could star the event. Wannabe
  • Finally got him!

djfiiu4a95go.jpg
  • dlv1986 wrote: »
    put the paste on the brush wet apply to teeth scrub teeth rinse and or repeat....

Wait, toothpaste on the brush THEN wet it? No no no this is all wrong! Wet THEN paste!
    put the paste on the brush wet apply to teeth scrub teeth rinse and or repeat....

Wait, toothpaste on the brush THEN wet it? No no no this is all wrong! Wet THEN paste!

Why not wet the brush, then apply paste, then wet the paste

How about brush the teeth, then apply paste, then wet the teeth?

How about brush the teeth, then apply paste, then wet the teeth?

I just put the paste, water, and a pinecone in my mouth all at once and shake my head vigorously.
  • Has anybody had an issue with the driods not reappearing? There have been a couple of times where I destroy the 2nd driod with like 12 stacks on Malek, then no more driods appear the rest of the battle. By then I can only get 1 or 2 armour shreds on Malek.
  • Since I've been re-modding my LS team for the showdown, is there a modding strategy for the DS? What types of mods should I BOLO for on the DS portion?