Mk V Stun Guns: The Most Discouraging

Trying to gear General Kenobi and Mk V stun guns are so hard to farm. I've decided to never skip them in fleet and will use my last crystal on them knowing it will be two weeks before I can buy more crystals. I get a far better drop rate on stun cuffs. How does everyone else farm Mk V stun guns?

Replies

• Crystals in shipments or fleet complimented by raids
  • Fleet shop always, TB shop sometimes, occasionally shipments like today where I needed 20 more to get Raid Han to g11. I've long since stopped trying to farm them thru normal or hard nodes.
  • More discouraging than mk5 Droid Callers or mk7 Security Scanners, which have no farmable locations?
  • Tiggus wrote: »
    MidasWelby wrote: »
    More discouraging than mk5 Droid Callers or mk7 Security Scanners, which have no farmable locations?

Yes by far, because those drop from the Rancor raid 3 times a week on a small rotation (1 out of 4). Also, every character requires on average 2 raid gear (any of the four) and 2-3 stun guns. The fact that they require a full Carbanti, themselves in huge demand, adds insult to injury and make them even worse than the stun cuffs.

The price in the new TB ship is better than most other gear, but I'd be disappointed to have to spend my precious TB money on 2015 gear.

We need them to show up in a gentler shop, e.g. guild shop or shard shop, or even buy-for-credit shipments.

Yes. This exactly.
  • MidasWelby wrote: »
    More discouraging than mk5 Droid Callers or mk7 Security Scanners, which have no farmable locations?

Trust me, eventually you will have a stockpile of hundreds of these.
  • Stupid Phoenix needs so many of these to get them to IX.
  • Then enters the MK6 stun gun :(
  • They're pretty cost-effective when bought from the Guild Events store.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • dad2my3 wrote: »
    **** Phoenix needs so many of these to get them to IX.

Ugh tell me about it. I was looking at them earlier and I was all "Zeb, why the heck do you need TWO of these in the same gear level?"
  • I absolutely hate Stun Guns the most and yes, it seems to drop less than Stun Cuffs. I don't know which is worse though, Gold Gear or Stun Guns.
  • If we could choose only 1 gear to be made more available (yes, I'm dreaming) I would choose stun guns.
  • I get 2 for every 20 sims it’s ridiculous! TAC challenge needs to have them in there ( instead of the useless Mk 4 sg).
  • robjeyaraj wrote: »
    I get 2 for every 20 sims it’s ridiculous! TAC challenge needs to have them in there ( instead of the useless Mk 4 sg).
    Holy necro batman!!!
  • Jkane
    53 posts Member
    [/quote] Holy necro batman!!! [/quote]

And yet sadly, it is still as true today.