• Ravens1113 wrote: »
    yankeeh8er wrote: »
    ZAP wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    As for how does JKR help? Well he’s one of the only Jedi teams currently able to have a chance in LSTB. He’s a staple in TW for his counter to GG and other teams, including being a key cog in GL Rey counters. Also the teams use in Assault battles: Ground War.

Nightsisters? Well they have their place in DSGeoTB, TW, Assault Battles, and also can be plug and plays in certain team comps as well for theory craft.

GG? Staple in DSGeoTB as well as TW and Assault battles.

You see how this is going right? And before you question assault battles helping your guild, it does because it provides much needed extra farming resources for G12 finishers, kyro’s, and relic materials. The more income you have the faster you can ready more teams for guild events.

Anything else?

The question was how JKR or NS help your guild compared to a GL (or Luke btw), since you made the claim that having them was more valuable to your guild.

TB: Both Rey and Luke will do way more than JKR. NS are irrelevant to the discussion since DSTB is way easier.

TW: A GL is way more useful on D than JKR or NS, which are both easily countered. And a GL is a way better counter to another GL than JKR on O.

Anecdotal.

However one team is not more valuable than 3 or even 4 in that regards to those game modes. That’s how. Getting multiple teams reliced that are hard counters to meta defenses in TW are more valuable than one that has counters (in 5v5) and can be beaten in one shot.

The JKR and Vader teams can beat Rey on defense, in 5v5 which is what TW is. The problem comes in 3v3, which until it’s expanded heavily, falls only in GA. But that’s not the question that was asked to me. If you take the gear needed to get one GL, you could have no less than 3 other teams relic and contributing in multiple spots. Depending on how you place the gear you could have even 5 or 6 teams. Those teams are of more value in the team settings I discussed than one team.

In a big guild? Hard disagree on everything you said.

Hard disagree with you for 98% of the players out there. In fact, even for a player such as yourself, getting most of the other teams up to snuff before going for a GL is the wisest move for the player and guild.

Spotted a great guildie right here. Great attitude and great mindset.
    There’s a mismatch here though.

Of course someone should have JKR, NS, DR, GG teams up to scratch before they get a GL, but Ravens is complaining that he’s meeting GL owners but doesn’t own one because he’s been getting those teams up to scratch.

There’ll be the odd GL owner who has paid for it that is missing some of those teams, but the overwhelming majority will have those teams AND a GL. If you can be matched against a GL owner when you’re miles away from your own, something doesn’t add up.

Yeah the matchmaking is terrible.
    Not really. People who have top X GP that allows them to be matched with GL owners when they themselves are nowhere near owning a GL sounds like a player problem to me.

No it is definitely a matchmaking problem if your opponent has 1 MILLION more gp then you do. There is no such thing as a player problem in a game like this. Not wanting these awful galactic legends is a perfectly reasonable choice. I lost to some wallet warrior this time by 40 points and that is fine since we were really close in gp. Getting matched up with people with a million more gp than me is not fine though because then there is absolutely nothing I can do to win. The matchmaking needs to be much better. Rather then arbitrarily taking our top 80 they should consider full roster and weight more valuable characters more heavily.
    Further up this thread you said you lost by 60. Now it’s 40? And calling someone a Wallet Warrior because they have a GL is a tired, lazy and inaccurate bit of generalising.

Not wanting a GL is a choice - but then you have no right complaining when you draw somebody that has a GL. The game should not wrap people in cotton wool and protect them from these choices. If I choose to mod my entire inventory with a defence primary arrow, that is always likely to cost me. Choosing not to go for the most powerful toons in the game should come with a cost.

And the more valuable characters are already considered more heavily. My r7 Rey has just shy of 50k GP, and the 12 toons I needed to gear up to get her have just shy of 300k GP - at least half of that I’ve only applied to get her, which is 150K of deadweight in my top 80. So, again, have a think about how someone who is miles away from owning a GL can be matched with someone who does own one?

Because the matchmaking....is off. Bloating your GP with the GL reqs raises you to other levels and groupings. Especially if you’re a whale/kraken who didn’t start day one so you didn’t level up old meta teams that are inflating your GP.

Here’s the bottom line, in 5v5 there are counters to the GL’s that don’t require the GL’s themselves. People who don’t want the GL’s or haven’t gotten them yet can go for those, which I’ve done. I can counter GL’s in 5v5. My issue, which I’ve stated several times already is that in 3v3 those counters to GL’s, mainly GL Rey is limited to a GL counter or a cheese strategy that still requires luck and is almost a virtual round loss unless your opponent trips up on their attacks. So my complaining about getting paired up with one in 3v3 is valid, whether you want to agree or not.

Now your bashing of people choosing to prioritize overall guild strength by gearing up several other teams first,’F2P, is just asinine and beyond condescending. Not to mention laughably short sighted. Here’s an example, your GL Rey team gets 3/4 on a CM in LSGEOTb. Wooo. But wait? You poured so much gear into her unlocking that your JKR, GR and GAS teams are lackluster and can’t complete even a single wave...Now you’re costing your guild precious CM points...sure glad that the Rey team was prioritized first Huh?
    I’ll take your point on the 3v3 / 5v5 debate. It clearly is very difficult to counter a GL, Rey in particular.

But the asinine and condescending remarks has really been posted by yourself after that.

- My Rey team gets 4/4 pretty much every time.
    - My JKR sometimes gets 1/4 with bad luck, but 2/4 is more common. 3/4 has happened a few times.
    - My GR is either 3/4 or 4/4.
    - My GAS is 4/4 barring horrendous RNG.

Don’t forget I can see your roster on .gg. There’s virtually no difference between our GR, Jedi, Clones etc, and there’s no way you’re getting more waves than me in LSTB.

If you didn’t have those teams up to snuff before, you do now, and your guild will benefit more from you working on Rey than squeezing another wave or 2 out of your existing squads.

Good luck with your first GL.

• yankeeh8er wrote: »
    As for how does JKR help? Well he’s one of the only Jedi teams currently able to have a chance in LSTB. He’s a staple in TW for his counter to GG and other teams, including being a key cog in GL Rey counters. Also the teams use in Assault battles: Ground War.

Nightsisters? Well they have their place in DSGeoTB, TW, Assault Battles, and also can be plug and plays in certain team comps as well for theory craft.

You see how this is going right? And before you question assault battles helping your guild, it does because it provides much needed extra farming resources for G12 finishers, kyro’s, and relic materials. The more income you have the faster you can ready more teams for guild events.

Anything else?

The question was how JKR or NS help your guild compared to a GL (or Luke btw), since you made the claim that having them was more valuable to your guild.

TB: Both Rey and Luke will do way more than JKR. NS are irrelevant to the discussion since DSTB is way easier.

TW: A GL is way more useful on D than JKR or NS, which are both easily countered. And a GL is a way better counter to another GL than JKR on O.

Anecdotal.

However one team is not more valuable than 3 or even 4 in that regards to those game modes. That’s how. Getting multiple teams reliced that are hard counters to meta defenses in TW are more valuable than one that has counters (in 5v5) and can be beaten in one shot.

The JKR and Vader teams can beat Rey on defense, in 5v5 which is what TW is. The problem comes in 3v3, which until it’s expanded heavily, falls only in GA. But that’s not the question that was asked to me. If you take the gear needed to get one GL, you could have no less than 3 other teams relic and contributing in multiple spots. Depending on how you place the gear you could have even 5 or 6 teams. Those teams are of more value in the team settings I discussed than one team.

Hard disagree with you for 98% of the players out there. In fact, even for a player such as yourself, getting most of the other teams up to snuff before going for a GL is the wisest move for the player and guild.

Of course someone should have JKR, NS, DR, GG teams up to scratch before they get a GL, but Ravens is complaining that he’s meeting GL owners but doesn’t own one because he’s been getting those teams up to scratch.

There’ll be the odd GL owner who has paid for it that is missing some of those teams, but the overwhelming majority will have those teams AND a GL. If you can be matched against a GL owner when you’re miles away from your own, something doesn’t add up.

Not really. People who have top X GP that allows them to be matched with GL owners when they themselves are nowhere near owning a GL sounds like a player problem to me.

No it is definitely a matchmaking problem if your opponent has 1 MILLION more gp then you do. There is no such thing as a player problem in a game like this. Not wanting these awful galactic legends is a perfectly reasonable choice. I lost to some wallet warrior this time by 40 points and that is fine since we were really close in gp. Getting matched up with people with a million more gp than me is not fine though because then there is absolutely nothing I can do to win. The matchmaking needs to be much better. Rather then arbitrarily taking our top 80 they should consider full roster and weight more valuable characters more heavily.
    Further up this thread you said you lost by 60. Now it’s 40? And calling someone a Wallet Warrior because they have a GL is a tired, lazy and inaccurate bit of generalising.

Not wanting a GL is a choice - but then you have no right complaining when you draw somebody that has a GL. The game should not wrap people in cotton wool and protect them from these choices. If I choose to mod my entire inventory with a defence primary arrow, that is always likely to cost me. Choosing not to go for the most powerful toons in the game should come with a cost.

And the more valuable characters are already considered more heavily. My r7 Rey has just shy of 50k GP, and the 12 toons I needed to gear up to get her have just shy of 300k GP - at least half of that I’ve only applied to get her, which is 150K of deadweight in my top 80. So, again, have a think about how someone who is miles away from owning a GL can be matched with someone who does own one?

What's wrong with defense primary arrows?

0ugh0onk8ys4.png
    https://swgoh.gg/p/319514721/
    DISCLAIMER: Post is subject to change.
  • ImaSmakya wrote: »

Anything else?

Anecdotal.

What's wrong with defense primary arrows?

0ugh0onk8ys4.png
    If you’ve got 170 of them, fair play!
  • 100% f2p here with no GL yet. I have been matched with Gl kylo 2 times and won on efficiency because my opponents used him on offense and most recently, in this 3v3 gac, I got matched with 2 reys and beat those 2 also. If you know what you are doing it is doable. In the last 2 rey cases I knew I could alsi block my opponent with 3 very strong teams down south and win on efficiency. That is exactly what happened.

wq6edihpa16d.png
    2phxha4h8neq.png

Anything else?

Anecdotal.

Because the matchmaking....is off. Bloating your GP with the GL reqs raises you to other levels and groupings. Especially if you’re a whale/kraken who didn’t start day one so you didn’t level up old meta teams that are inflating your GP.

Here’s the bottom line, in 5v5 there are counters to the GL’s that don’t require the GL’s themselves. People who don’t want the GL’s or haven’t gotten them yet can go for those, which I’ve done. I can counter GL’s in 5v5. My issue, which I’ve stated several times already is that in 3v3 those counters to GL’s, mainly GL Rey is limited to a GL counter or a cheese strategy that still requires luck and is almost a virtual round loss unless your opponent trips up on their attacks. So my complaining about getting paired up with one in 3v3 is valid, whether you want to agree or not.

Now your bashing of people choosing to prioritize overall guild strength by gearing up several other teams first,’F2P, is just asinine and beyond condescending. Not to mention laughably short sighted. Here’s an example, your GL Rey team gets 3/4 on a CM in LSGEOTb. Wooo. But wait? You poured so much gear into her unlocking that your JKR, GR and GAS teams are lackluster and can’t complete even a single wave...Now you’re costing your guild precious CM points...sure glad that the Rey team was prioritized first Huh?
    I’ll take your point on the 3v3 / 5v5 debate. It clearly is very difficult to counter a GL, Rey in particular.

But the asinine and condescending remarks has really been posted by yourself after that.

- My JKR sometimes gets 1/4 with bad luck, but 2/4 is more common. 3/4 has happened a few times.

Don’t forget I can see your roster on .gg. There’s virtually no difference between our GR, Jedi, Clones etc, and there’s no way you’re getting more waves than me in LSTB.

If you didn’t have those teams up to snuff before, you do now, and your guild will benefit more from you working on Rey than squeezing another wave or 2 out of your existing squads.

Ok so we are at agreement with the 3v3 issue. Good.

And you Probbaly got those goals first be for me if you’re a whale but as of right now my focus is SLKR and JKL. Unless some amazing toon comes out soon that trumps all of them so my gear cache will go towards that instead lol.

Anything else?

Anecdotal.

And you Probbaly got those goals first be for me if you’re a whale but as of right now my focus is SLKR and JKL. Unless some amazing toon comes out soon that trumps all of them so my gear cache will go towards that instead lol.
    Don’t get carried away - we agree that she’s hard to beat without a GL, but I don’t think she’s ruined GAC.

You need to lay off the whole whale thing, it’s lazy and inaccurate. I started playing in May 2016 and have basically never missed a day, never missed a ticket or anything in the 4 years, 3 months since. In all that time I can honestly say that somewhere between £300 and £350 has been spent in total. That’s not whale territory.

Anyway, good luck with SLKR, JKL. I will unlock SLKR tomorrow then immediately loop around for the JKL farm.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member

Anything else?

Anecdotal.

Don’t get carried away - we agree that she’s hard to beat without a GL, but I don’t think she’s ruined GAC.

You need to lay off the whole whale thing, it’s lazy and inaccurate. I started playing in May 2016 and have basically never missed a day, never missed a ticket or anything in the 4 years, 3 months since. In all that time I can honestly say that somewhere between £300 and £350 has been spent in total. That’s not whale territory.

Anyway, good luck with SLKR, JKL. I will unlock SLKR tomorrow then immediately loop around for the JKL farm.

Maybe you have a counter for rey/han/chewie, I've yet to see one without a gl. This new combo made current gac stale...naturally I'm using it too.
  • MaruMaru wrote: »

Anything else?

Anecdotal.

Maybe you have a counter for rey/han/chewie, I've yet to see one without a gl. This new combo made current gac stale...naturally I'm using it too.
    I’ve got Rey.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    MaruMaru wrote: »

Anything else?

Anecdotal.

I’ve got Rey.

Ok, and? Does it help you beat the unbeatable combo I exemplified. You were saying it's hard but not impossible, please show us how rey/han/chewie is getting beat.

Anything else?

Anecdotal.

I’ve got Rey.

Ok, and? Does it help you beat the unbeatable combo I exemplified. You were saying it's hard but not impossible, please show us how rey/han/chewie is getting beat.
    Please show me where I said it was difficult but not impossible?
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    edited August 2020

So hard means impossible. Got it.
  • NataPda wrote: »
    Howrude wrote: »
    I can't ever beat a GL Rey, she's too OP. It will be months before I get any GLs. But because I have all the other previous meta characters, I keep getting opponents with GL while I have none. I have been farming the characters F2P so i guess that's my fault for not spending 10k+ on pixels.

TLDR: I'm placing the toughest Defense every GA battle going forward with an opponent that has a GL. No feats for you.

GLs were released 4 months ago. More than enough time to get at least t one of them for f2p..

This is very true. I could have farmed GL Rey by now had I not kept GAS as a priority.
  • I don't have Revans. Guess what I learned how to do:
    - counter Revans.

We don't have GLs. Guess what we have to learn how to do:
    - counter ___.

It's a fill in the blank quiz.

Counters exist. You just might not have them yet. It took me a while to get my CLS team to the 155k GP required to reliably beat DR Malak teams, and my Padme team eats JKR for lunch. Farm the counters.

- counter Revans.

- counter ___.

Counters exist. You just might not have them yet. It took me a while to get my CLS team to the 155k GP required to reliably beat DR Malak teams, and my Padme team eats JKR for lunch. Farm the counters.

I don't understand your point. JKR and DR teams are old metas - at least on older shards. What does your CLS and Padme teams have to do with countering GLs in the 3v3 format of GAC?
    - counter Revans.

- counter ___.

This right here is the heart of the cake. Unfortunately I don't have some of the toons that are required to consistently beat Rey and SLKR. The previous metas I found them and used them pretty easily but they didn't require GET to have them. Times have changed a bit since those days but the point still remains, this game will ALWAYS have a counter ready. Just have to find it or hope you have the toons to do it.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    I don't have Revans. Guess what I learned how to do:
    - counter Revans.

- counter ___.

This right here is the heart of the cake. Unfortunately I don't have some of the toons that are required to consistently beat Rey and SLKR. The previous metas I found them and used them pretty easily but they didn't require GET to have them. Times have changed a bit since those days but the point still remains, this game will ALWAYS have a counter ready. Just have to find it or hope you have the toons to do it.

Your NS are no longer helping? Crazy.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH

I tend to mean what I write, and don’t appreciate others paraphrasing it for me.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member

I tend to mean what I write, and don’t appreciate others paraphrasing it for me.

I'll ask the question once again then, we currently have a combo that's not beatable without a gl: rey/han/chewie. Is that hard/difficult to beat or impossible to beat? If it's hard/difficult to beat, please refer to what the way is.
  • MetaThumper
    496 posts Member
    edited August 2020

Your NS are no longer helping? Crazy.

For the current meta? Not at all unfortunately. But I got more out of the NS faction than any other faction in this game. They still continue to help in TW, GAC, top 10 hstr and most importantly help me achieve most waves completed in DSGeo and to Accel my guild in the pursuit of a perfect GEO. Would I do it again if given the opportunity? Without a shadow of doubt unequivocally yes I would.Crazy gone would be impressed but the short answer is yes they are still.

57gjiofzzkf9.png

Post edited by MetaThumper on

I'll ask the question once again then, we currently have a combo that's not beatable without a gl: rey/han/chewie. Is that hard/difficult to beat or impossible to beat? If it's hard/difficult to beat, please refer to what the way is.
    I don’t even know why you’re asking me this.

The thread, titled “GL ruined GA for me” started off with someone saying
    - I can’t ever beat a GL Rey
    - It will be months before I get a GL
    - I keep getting opponents with GL while I have none

My stance in this whole thread is that anyone who is consistently matched with a GL owner when they themselves are months away from owning their own has made some questionable roster decisions. What makes it worse, is that some of the people complaining about it are also openly stating they will never go for a GL.

I’m not sure why you’re fixated on how I’d beat a team without a GL when I own one (and will tomorrow own them both). That’s not my problem.

And for the people who are facing this problem, the best solution is the obvious one. If you can’t beat em, join em.

• Gifafi
    6017 posts Member

so use multiple teams. what did you use to beat gas when he first came out? or jkr? or drev?
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member

My stance in this whole thread is that anyone who is consistently matched with a GL owner when they themselves are months away from owning their own has made some questionable roster decisions. What makes it worse, is that some of the people complaining about it are also openly stating they will never go for a GL.

I’m not sure why you’re fixated on how I’d beat a team without a GL when I own one (and will tomorrow own them both). That’s not my problem.

And for the people who are facing this problem, the best solution is the obvious one. If you can’t beat em, join em.

That's what I responded to in what you said (hard /= impossible), thus what you keep responding to. If you are not interested, then don't respond...since it's not your problem.

I have rey, rey vs. rey still the same situation...or one side keeps their rey for offense which puts them in a more disadvantagous spot.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Gifafi wrote: »

so use multiple teams. what did you use to beat gas when he first came out? or jkr? or drev?

Rey/han/chewie, what's the counter besides using another gl or 2 gls?

That's what I responded to in what you said (hard /= impossible), thus what you keep responding to. If you are not interested, then don't respond...since it's not your problem.

I have rey, rey vs. rey still the same situation...or one side keeps their rey for offense which puts them in a more disadvantagous spot.

???

My issue is people complaining about facing GLs when they don't have one.

I conceded to Ravens that facing GLs was harder in 3v3 than it is in 5v5. Since doing that, I've been asked repeatedly how I'd beat a particular team without using a GL, for reasons I'm not entirely sure about.

And it's not just me that "keeps responding", is it? Anyway, I am absolutely not interested, for sure, so maybe this will be the end of it.

???

I conceded to Ravens that facing GLs was harder in 3v3 than it is in 5v5. Since doing that, I've been asked repeatedly how I'd beat a particular team without using a GL, for reasons I'm not entirely sure about.

And it's not just me that "keeps responding", is it? Anyway, I am absolutely not interested, for sure, so maybe this will be the end of it.

It'll be the end of it when you get over trying to have the last word. If you're not interested in pursuing the conversation then there's a really easy way to end it.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    AlexanderG wrote: »

???

It'll be the end of it when you get over trying to have the last word. If you're not interested in pursuing the conversation then there's a really easy way to end it.

This might be the most ironic thing I’ve ever seen.
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    The only problem i have to beat Rey is in a 5vs5 with GK and JKR. In a 3vs3 people tend to use the Hero Bros and my DR, BSF and Malak are eating them.

Edit:
    7fqt4t18rs58.jpeg
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Kisakee wrote: »
    The only problem i have to beat Rey is in a 5vs5 with GK and JKR. In a 3vs3 people tend to use the Hero Bros and my DR, BSF and Malak are eating them.

Edit:
    7fqt4t18rs58.jpeg

I see the gl and jkr combo in arena a lot. Usually Rey, jkr, gk, gas, and either Honda or jedi Luke.

I use vader, darth revan, badstilla, thrawn, and a g11 wat and clear them pretty easily. Basically just keep the team geared and get dots on them with vader until Rey is weak enough to saber throw. If jkr is weak enough, you can saber throw him first. If you one shot him the savior for the other jedi goes away.

Between badstilla and Darth revan usually there's enough shock or fear to prevent or dispel gl so you can go after Rey. If not vader can ignore the taunt ad and saber throw her anyway if you plan right. With good mods you get two or three turns before anyone but Rey goes and before she goes more than once.
  • I agree that GA is not in line with the original intent based on the new GL's.

If you are only looking at the top 80 players in each persons roster, then one opponent having a GL while the other does not is tipping the scale. As I leveled my characters to get Rey, it was putting me up against players that just straight out geared me with Mods, and team compositions. Especially since half of the characters needed for Rey are not viable at 5*. Who the heck uses Rose, Resistance Pilot or Holdo in a viable comp????

No one that I have seen, but it raises my top 80 toons to a higher level that I loose a lot more to.

Just make GA something people can opt into for fun, and the rest of us can ignore.
    The only reason I even queue up is to try to get better rewards.

You want a true test. Remove all rewards from GA, and see how many people sign up for this crap.
    Guys ranking in Kyber league every time are in their own tier. Why am I still fighting them in GA, just to lose, so they get better gear, and I still stay where i'm at.

The initial concept I read GA as was better then what this turned out to be. I read GA as a way to see how you scaled to everyone, that would be a continuous moving target, something like regular arena that people just moved up and down with, not that places you against only 8 players then resets after a few days.

I have a lifetime GA score of 337K, and was against someone this last round that had almost 100K more then me.I literally placed all of my best squads on Defense, just to screw him out of a few points. I would have never beaten his teams. Using a bot to compare our G13 toons and MODS was laughable. He out speed'ed me on every toon.

Even if I handed my account to someone who plays this game better then me, they wouldn't have won, but based on EA's calculation we were in the same bracket... Bull.
This discussion has been closed.