Galactic challenges for August? Are fleets part of the new game mode?

Prev134
Its_not_a_moon
1306 posts Member
edited July 2020
The data mine looks promising with new currency and bunch of new locations, (I know people are really intrested in the death star art works, but I'm quite intrested in malachor v)
Hopefully the currency will be used for gear and relic mats and not new toons. Anyways let's hope it's coming soon

Edit: did they say we will be able to use fleet too in the new mode?

Replies

• Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    I would actually welcome character shards in a store, especially for newer characters. With everything going on hard nodes, there is more and more characters I will simply never get.
    Considering fleets, I think it was fairly obvious. This game mode is to GAC what TB is to TW, so using fleets as well is expected. Besides, one of the artworks is an asteroid field.
  • Hopefully the store is a blend of some characters that aren't already in a shop and of gear as well.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Hopefully the store is a blend of some characters that aren't already in a shop and of gear as well.

Or gear as a direct reward and shards for currency
  • WhoDat
    55 posts Member
    The new game mode is challenge tier 3 for assault battles.... so no ships, sorry you had your hopes up
  • Everything is for August.

Silly thread.
  • Devian
    663 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    The data mine looks promising with new currency and bunch of new locations, (I know people are really intrested in the death star art works, but I'm quite intrested in malachor v)
    Hopefully the currency will be used for gear and relic mats and not new toons. Anyways let's hope it's coming soon

Edit: did they say we will be able to use fleet too in the new mode?
    haha, Why everyone think it's a currency for a store?
    It's probably a ticket to use on Galactic Challenges(to enter it). same as with GL: farm it to enter (one battle 30 to 70 per try)
  • A new store (if that’s what it is) usually isn’t a good thing. They probably aren’t adding it so you can get more gear. They are probably adding it so they can put something exclusive there (new character, new relic materials, etc) and people can’t have anything hoarded to get it right away.
  • Vendi1983
    5017 posts Member
    ^ this
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    WhoDat wrote: »
    The new game mode is challenge tier 3 for assault battles.... so no ships, sorry you had your hopes up

Incorrect
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • WhoDat wrote: »

You are so wrong. https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/232219/the-road-ahead-6-26-2020#latest

All yours to read.
  • Azza
    245 posts Member
    A new store (if that’s what it is) usually isn’t a good thing. They probably aren’t adding it so you can get more gear. They are probably adding it so they can put something exclusive there (new character, new relic materials, etc) and people can’t have anything hoarded to get it right away.

Gac store did not add anything new to farm... you just don’t get much of it!
  • Would love if they also added negotiator and malevolence shards
  • Where can we see these data mined information ?
  • Csharpmao wrote: »
    Where can we see these data mined information ?

Nevermind, I found them.
    IMHO, looks more like a ticket than new currency.
  • It is likely the data mine is tix to enter the event. They did say that it'll be tied to getting your dailies done. Awarding a ticket for your daily, then requiring it to use it for the event is the logical way to achieve that.

That isn't to say there won't be a new store. Awarding shards of characters that are now only exclusively on hard nodes would be good for newer players. Stun guns would definitely be a good reward for the store. Even if they only did character shards though, late game players could use them for more shard shop currency. But it would still probably be better to have something other than shard shop currency for late game players. Maybe gear or shards or new characters once they become farmable.
  • I would much rather have it be reward for doing the galactic challenges with a hard daily cap, so people could play it as much as they want without forcing others to do battles non stop every day

A daily cap on good rewards, but I don't want to play it for nothing unless it let me practice battles I often face in Gac and I ciuld try different teams.
  • I would much rather have it be reward for doing the galactic challenges with a hard daily cap, so people could play it as much as they want without forcing others to do battles non stop every day

They said in the road ahead that you would have to do your dailies to play it or something to that effect.

A ticket system makes sense if that is the case. They give you one free ticket when it starts. Then you get one for your dailies for the next day. I'm assuming there will be a few challenges a day but there will be a limit the rewards you can earn. Similar to shared victories on some events.

But the ticket system makes more sense than just having it unlocked if your dailies are finished. Many players, myself included, finish all their dailies except the arena ones very early, then have several hours of nothing to do, then do their arena climbs later in the day. Having to wait until after arena payout to play would be annoying.
  • If it was playable only after dailies, it would limit most people to only a 6 hour window to play, since arena payout is 6 hours before reset. That would be annoying since they made it sound like you should be able to play it often and whenever you want to.
  • The item in the data mine is labeled currency, why are people thinking it is a ticket?

It is called "icon_currency_galacticchallenge"
  • Jppc wrote: »
    I would much rather have it be reward for doing the galactic challenges with a hard daily cap, so people could play it as much as they want without forcing others to do battles non stop every day

They said in the road ahead that you would have to do your dailies to play it or something to that effect.

A ticket system makes sense if that is the case. They give you one free ticket when it starts. Then you get one for your dailies for the next day. I'm assuming there will be a few challenges a day but there will be a limit the rewards you can earn. Similar to shared victories on some events.

But the ticket system makes more sense than just having it unlocked if your dailies are finished. Many players, myself included, finish all their dailies except the arena ones very early, then have several hours of nothing to do, then do their arena climbs later in the day. Having to wait until after arena payout to play would be annoying.

Or they don’t put the dailies as a requirement to enter, they said they were thinking about do it but wasn’t sure about it. They may have change their minds (or may not).
    I don’t see the point of putting the dailies as a requirement, I don’t see qhat they would gain doing it...
    If it was playable only after dailies, it would limit most people to only a 6 hour window to play, since arena payout is 6 hours before reset. That would be annoying since they made it sound like you should be able to play it often and whenever you want to.

Agree. But the ticket system would work too. They may want some incentive to have people do their dailies. Though the 3 kyros a day is enough for me. But who knows. I am not a fan of a 6hr or less window. I don't usually start my arena or fleet until 8 or 9pm. My payouts are late to avoid conflict with work or dinner were with the family. Having to do the mode during or after that would be annoying.
  • People keep bringing up the arena climb, which I understand but it's not just that. The daily guild challenges or whatever they're called will also affect this. LS/DS battles, hard node battles, daily challenges, arena battles, are all things that many of us wait until after it changes for our guild, which if you're in a guild that's close to the same time zone as you, which is probable as that typically determines the raid times, then it's in the afternoon too. Most people in my guild wait for the change to do whatever activities they would normally. More of a nuisance by comparison to the arena climb but it would still be aggravating.
  • AM2Rainman wrote: »
    People keep bringing up the arena climb, which I understand but it's not just that. The daily guild challenges or whatever they're called will also affect this. LS/DS battles, hard node battles, daily challenges, arena battles, are all things that many of us wait until after it changes for our guild, which if you're in a guild that's close to the same time zone as you, which is probable as that typically determines the raid times, then it's in the afternoon too. Most people in my guild wait for the change to do whatever activities they would normally. More of a nuisance by comparison to the arena climb but it would still be aggravating.

True enough. I don't worry about that as much. I do my dailies in the morning minus the arena and enough energy that gets me 600 tickets daily no problem. I farm what I'm farming regardless of whether the guild bonus. I know you can get slightly more guild currency by waiting for some dailies depending on the day. But to me, it seems like too much effort for little extra reward.

Arena is a different story. Climbing in arena at the right time is 900 Crystal's a day. So that's why I brought that up. But hopefully the solution they come up with allows a full 24hrs to play the mode each day so you can do it whenever you want.
  • CG be like: mhmm you don't want to buy refreshes for arena climb, boom now you have too!
    tcblcoevxm5h.gif

Unless you have the top defensive team, most of us have to buy refreshes anyway. If you drop below 30, you usually have to do at least one. Even from the 20s you have to have a perfect climb to not have to do at least one.

But having to waste two battles early to play the new game mode would not be a good change.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    from the information we have, (keeping in mind that what will first be released is not the final goal) is that there will be no ships but everything being built can be used to make similar event/game mode for ships too.

I believe what we are seeing in the data mine is incomplete and only small parts of the system, they could also be planned parts for later releases and not part of the initial roll out.