Palp zeta

is the second zeta worth it?i use him with badstila dooku vader for ga...

Replies

• Yes
  • Makes him less squishy. Especially if you don't have a good tank with him.
  • If you mod him properly to suit the zeta, then yes it's great.
  • Vendi1983 wrote: »
    If you mod him properly to suit the zeta, then yes it's great.

It's restores protection right? So load him up with protection?
  • Vendi1983
    5018 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    He gains 50% max protection so you'll ideally want protection on at least the circle, and then % or # protection secondaries (or both).

Plus, he gains max protection when he inflicts shock. If you run him with Thrawn you can keep passing him turns and refilling his new higher protection total after each shock.

I went a bit more balanced. Protection on circle and cross, some extra as secondaries. Plus a health set to beef him up some more. Not bad at R7, he has just shy of 90,000 protection after the zeta:

58o5hgp9gg74.png
  • So you want prot but not a lot of potency?because mine has like 101% potency and 15k health from mods...
  • Vendi1983
    5018 posts Member
    Depends who you routinely fight. He's getting a potency boost from his lead anyway. I used to run potency X4 and health x2.
  • So you want prot but not a lot of potency?because mine has like 101% potency and 15k health from mods...

No, you always want Palp with 80 or more potency. He is going behind zzzVader a lot now so his lead use is now situational like MT vs Assaj. Also, assuming lead is there 80 +30 = 110. Enemies often have 10-20 tenacity from unwanted secondaries on top of their base tenacity so 30-40. You really want EP's debuffs to land.
    110-40-15% base resist = 55% chance to land his AOE on each toon. That's actually really bad for a debuff toon. Most people serious about potency/tenacity try to make sure they stick/don't stick. Think most high tenacity Nests are at least 150 tenacity. If you are serious about using EP as he is intended you cannot need his potency. If you do you might as well use high potency Royal Guard behind Vader for his stun. My EP is g12+5, and his damage only crits 15000ish . I say all this when here is "unrealizingly" how Grand Ivory modded my EP. I need to fix this. gh8efh98v8i8.jpg
  • So 80%potency and speed/healt?
  • Palp is squishy and needs all the extra help he can get. I think he needs the zeta.
    How to mod him depends on how you use him. I modded mine primarily for Geo TB, so equipped a Speed set and a Potency set. With his lead he has Potency 101+35% trying to maximize his chance to land Shock ... wish I could get him faster though, only 241, not so good.
  • How to mod him depends on how you use him

^ this. Quote edited.
    Palp lead, 80% potency
    Vader lead, 80% to 130%
    For offensive battles where he leads landing shock on each toon turns him into a gattling gun similar to MT's zeta with zombie dropping health and her getting TM boosts from it. In fact, that mechanic is probably modeled off of EP or vice versa they are so similar when you think about it.
  • I think i will use him as a lead with vader thrawn badstila and a fifth...i use him in ga and tb