Raddus Ultimate

I've used this ship since its launch and I can say a lot needs to be done.
For starters, the Ultimate's negative effects can be resisted. This is a major oversight. If your opponent has HT out, the likelyhood you get the debuffs disappears.
Secondly, HT always cleanses the debuffs, on the rare occasion it gets them, in one turn. This has happened every time HT has been debuffed and under every ship lead. The ability clearly states these effects last for two turns.

The Raddus Ultimate needs to be guaranteed or extended to 3 turns if it's going to remain resistable.
Next, the Raddus should change Resistance Xwings passive to always assist whenever a Resistance team mate uses an ability. (I've actually never seen it assist once.)
I don't expect to be meta, but the abilities not even working as described is ridiculous. Then again, it's probably too expensive to implement any positive change for something older than two months. Wallets be damned.

Replies

• Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    It doesn't matter how long debuffs remain, if they're cleansed they are cleansed. This is just another HT bashing and has nothing to do with the Raddus. Plus the only unresistable debuff it can provide is Expose on its Basic. No other Capital ship has something like that.

For the X-Wing you haven't read the description right, it only has a chance to assist whenever a Resistance ally uses a Basic, not any ability. This is totally on you.

If you're going to complain about something make sure to fully understand what you're talking about first, otherwise it can backfire.
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • I said change the passive, but I know reading is hard.
    The debuffs shouldn't be cleansed after one turn. There are no mechanics in the HT kit saying it gets cleansed.
    Imagine if Thrawn's instakill could miss or either of the two mechanics on Kenobi Ult could miss. You don't seem to understand the concept of an Ultimate Ability.
    But as you said, make sure you fully understand what you're talking about first.
    Maybe read the post with an open mind before being an apologist for something as unfair as the HT. I usually beat this ship, but anyone defending it as if it doesn't break the rules of gaming is just naive.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Which rules of gaming?

EDIT: HT cleanses on basic.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    I said change the passive, but I know reading is hard.
    The debuffs shouldn't be cleansed after one turn. There are no mechanics in the HT kit saying it gets cleansed.
    Imagine if Thrawn's instakill could miss or either of the two mechanics on Kenobi Ult could miss. You don't seem to understand the concept of an Ultimate Ability.
    But as you said, make sure you fully understand what you're talking about first.
    Maybe read the post with an open mind before being an apologist for something as unfair as the HT. I usually beat this ship, but anyone defending it as if it doesn't break the rules of gaming is just naive.

HT cleanses on basic fyi
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    The debuffs shouldn't be cleansed after one turn. There are no mechanics in the HT kit saying it gets cleansed..

Might wanna go ahead and read HT's kit again, dude.

Also, 2018 called, it wants its "HT is overpowarz!" thread back.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• TVF wrote: »
    Which rules of gaming?

You do up to two of the following: damage, control, tanking, healing. It does all 4.
    You all clearly missed the point of the post though. The discussion is on the Ultimates lackluster position in comparison to the rest of the Capital Ships. The HT portion is just an example of such.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Which rules of gaming?

You do up to two of the following: damage, control, tanking, healing. It does all 4.

HT does no damage or control.
    You all clearly missed the point of the post though. The discussion is on the Ultimates lackluster position in comparison to the rest of the Capital Ships. The HT portion is just an example of such.

Ok.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    Which rules of gaming?

OK. What other ships are you having problems with besides HT, when using Raddus's ultimate?

Also, that first part is just a rule you made up inside your own head. There's no regulation stating one ship can't do all those things, and that's not even touching the weird assertion that HT does significant damage.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• There's nothing that says a new shop has to be better than an older ship on it's ultimate. Though, I believe the debuffs are kinda a bonus. It is guaranteed to take out the enemy capital ship.

I'm not an expert on the mechanics since I still need to finish Poe's xwing to unlock. Yes I know I was slacking but Zetas.

But as far as what you described and how the kit reads, it's working as it reads. The debuffs aren't irresistible or undispellable. HTC dispels on it's basic so debuffs don't stick for long. Just the nature if the beast at this point.

I get it that you like the ship and farmed it but it's kit is what it is add and you knew that before deciding to go after it.

My guess is that getting reinforcements out quickly and then crashing is the strategy to use it since that would leave you were with more ships and you and you opponent can't call for more ships after that. Also destroying the enemy capital ship stops their ultimate altogether if you get yours first. That's pretty powerful too.

If the capital ship part was being resisted, I would agree with you but as far as your post says that part works fine.
  • Solus_Imperius
    232 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    OK. What other ships are you having problems with besides HT, when using Raddus's ultimate?

Also, that first part is just a rule you made up inside your own head. There's no regulation stating one ship can't do all those things, and that's not even touching the weird assertion that HT does significant damage.[/quote]

Removed unnecessary insult ~Rtas
    Post edited by EA_Rtas on
  • I thought the whole special thing about the Raddus is that it can take out the enemy capital ship (albeit like a kamikaze)? Not the debuffs that are an extra bonus on top of that?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Which rules of gaming?

Can you give an example of HT doing damage or control on the opponent team?

usual mechanics for control involve AOE debuffs or some other way to affect all units to inflict some level of control or mitigation.

Sure HT can attack and therefore do damage, but his attacks are weak and the only point for his basic is to cleans himself, not as a damage dealer on a team.

Also, I am old enough to be commenting here, and have some fair understanding of game mechanics and balance. Do you have any reference documentation or sources for the tenants to which you refer to?
  • This isn't an HT thread and I don't care about you straw manning it into one.

Then what's your issue?
    Your complaint (quoted below)
    Is about HT.
    Secondly, HT always cleanses the debuffs, on the rare occasion it gets them, in one turn. This has happened every time HT has been debuffed and under every ship lead. The ability clearly states these effects last for two turns.

I don't expect to be meta, but the abilities not even working as described is ridiculous. Then again, it's probably too expensive to implement any positive change for something older than two months. Wallets be damned.

• EA_Rtas
    1141 posts Member
    Alright I've removed the argument from in here and edited an unnecessary insult from a post. Keep things civil in here or I'll be locking the thread.
  • EA_Rtas wrote: »
    Alright I've removed the argument from in here and edited an unnecessary insult from a post. Keep things civil in here or I'll be locking the thread.

Better, just close the thread because I'm tired of off topic responses and the trolling of your community.
    No more notifications please.