F2P GL Progress

Replies

• Starting on my fo now...dmdobwyeg2wj.jpg
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    I am finally finished.
  • Oh, heck. I forgot to say that I unlocked GL Rey several days ago. I think on the 25th, but it might have been on the 26th. So it took 16-17 days for the unlock. The last couple days I've been gearing her up, because I've been missing a couple things that I wasn't able to store up. She's g12 +5 right now (I have what would normally be the finisher, just missing one of the Mk12 Stun Guns, and I only need 4 more salvage for that).

I can taker her to Relic5 immediately, but still lacking some signal data for Relic 7. We'll see how that goes.
  • Rey was unlocked about 30 minutes after I got to work ( yeah, I played a little after clocking in lol ). She’s G11, fully zeta’d, and enough relic material to get her to R7. I just need 81 shock prods and 116 computers for G13.

p1u7jifwx8lg.jpeg
  • Great
  • @Danoris congrats!

Weekly update for me:

wur4xdopxi5w.png

Feels like it's been forever, but only just around 2 months since I started actively working on it. I'm not looking forward to the several hundred Kyros on Kylo though.
  • Late to the party here, I have been following this thread since its inception, hm, long time listener first time caller.
    About 6 weeks ago I switched from working on Rey to Focus instead on Kylo. That's about the time that they were nerfing/buffing the pair, switching it up from the original advertised balanced pair to what it is. At that point, the comparison showed that I was closer to Kylo, thanks Hux for being cap ship Cap'n. Update to follow.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • MasterSeedy
    4992 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    @DaarthBrewer
    About 6 weeks ago I switched from working on Rey to Focus instead on Kylo

Almost certainly a good choice.
    Update to follow.

Looking forward to it!
  • Vendi1983 wrote: »
    @Danoris congrats!

Weekly update for me:

wur4xdopxi5w.png

Feels like it's been forever, but only just around 2 months since I started actively working on it. I'm not looking forward to the several hundred Kyros on Kylo though.

It isn’t too bad really, as farming for the gears for SKLR gives you the dark side tickets. I’ve managed to reach the limit of 144 tickets while I reached Gear Level 9.

I’ve got just three zetas to go, and one more gear to reach XII. I’m using Greedo XII gears as a reference for ship energy gear farming as Greedo’s 5 gears are the same for SLKR (one gear is used twice for SLKR’s gears and obviously they are the stun guns.)

• NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    No major update, just a tiny little thing making me happy this morning--went 5/5 on Poe shards today. Only need 23 more!
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Stenun
    851 posts Member
    I've been farming the two Resistance Hero characters every day since they became farmable and I STILL don't have either of them at 7*.
    Finn has been sitting on 99/100 for 3 days - 0 shards for 15 attempts. Poe is on 53/100.
    Every other requirement for Rey is ready.
    Is anyone else having such bad luck farming these characters?
  • I'm 100% F2P, just unlocked the GL Rey event yesterday. My Resistance was pretty far along with GL's were announced, so I chose to after Rey over Kylo. 10 shards down, 320 to go...
  • Stenun wrote: »
    I've been farming the two Resistance Hero characters every day since they became farmable and I STILL don't have either of them at 7*.
    Finn has been sitting on 99/100 for 3 days - 0 shards for 15 attempts. Poe is on 53/100.

Not surprised. It seems to be more common to have bad luck on fleet node farming. I’m sitting on a Shaak Ti at 53/100 for four days in a row.

But then I did get 5 Shaak Ti Shards before the bad streak begins. I had the same problem with one of the character farming for JK Revan.

One thing good about the bad streak is that you may end up with 5/5 on one single farm.

Not looking forward to farm the resistance for GL Rey (both Resistance bros are still 3 stars.)

• @Lumpawarump

Nice! Took me only 16-17 days to get 330 shards, and I slowed down after 9 days (by shifting from a 6-energy node to a Kyrotech node and skipping one energy refresh per day) because I was still short gear and didn't want to waste tickets.

So get yourself ready! I think I was only relic-3 when I had 110 tickets and decided to just go for it on tier-4. Help video strategy worked a treat. Now I'm done with both t4 and t5 and I'm waiting for my first shot at the ultimate battle.
  • @Lumpawarump

Nice! Took me only 16-17 days to get 330 shards, and I slowed down after 9 days (by shifting from a 6-energy node to a Kyrotech node and skipping one energy refresh per day) because I was still short gear and didn't want to waste tickets.

So get yourself ready! I think I was only relic-3 when I had 110 tickets and decided to just go for it on tier-4. Help video strategy worked a treat. Now I'm done with both t4 and t5 and I'm waiting for my first shot at the ultimate battle.

@MasterSeedy use the ahnald tactic. It takes a while but you don't lose
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    khdelboy wrote: »
    Stenun wrote: »

Not surprised. It seems to be more common to have bad luck on fleet node farming. I’m sitting on a Shaak Ti at 53/100 for four days in a row.

But then I did get 5 Shaak Ti Shards before the bad streak begins. I had the same problem with one of the character farming for JK Revan.

One thing good about the bad streak is that you may end up with 5/5 on one single farm.

Not looking forward to farm the resistance for GL Rey (both Resistance bros are still 3 stars.)

All shard farms are the same 33% drop rate.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Jppc wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

No one said otherwise.

On topic, I will need to stop slkr toons farm to put my GK r7, need the crystals income from fleet so badly
    “It seems to be common to have more bad luck on fleet nodes” says otherwise
  • I have not made any progress on either gl. I am hoping the 2nd batch will be way better and I can just skip these 2 forever.
  • 5er2f58uiaja.jpg
    1qsoprkg1wkl.jpg
  • DaarthBrewer
    1954 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Back on June 12 I switched from farming for Rey to Kylo. Hux was at 32/100 G12. SiTr was at 6/65 G7. FOTP, EP, FOX, and KRU all G12. FOSFTP G8, Vet Han G9, Phasma G8, Kylo Ren G11, FOST G9, FOO G11.
    Today, Hux is 7* and G13, SiTr is at 69/100 and G8. EP is R3, FOTP, FOX, KR and FOO all G13, Vet Han is one gear away from G13. Phasma and FOSFTP G11, and lagging hard on FOST at G9.
    I've been buying Guns and it seems that Carbs are the major bit holding back my progress on FOST.
    I've been farming signal data and not applying relics to try to maintain decent opponents in GAC. I feel like it's still a month away before I can start the event.
    ETA: fixed month.
    Post edited by DaarthBrewer on
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • khdelboy
    754 posts Member
    edited August 2020

Didn’t say it isn’t. Just saying that bad luck is common, then you suddenly get more shards in a later farm.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member

Didn’t say it isn’t. Just saying that bad luck is common, then you suddenly get more shards in a later farm.

You said bad luck seems to be more common on fleet node farming. Shrug.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Damodamo
    1574 posts Member
    Have to chime in as I’m quite happy, I’m completely f2p and got slkr today.

Side note I also got enough currency to 7* gas as well.. yay me.
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    SLK done, 2 more matts for ulti
    That took abt 6 months...

Currently working in the toons I neglected since going all out in FO

Shall be going for JKL instead of Rey casue the requirements are too great... Don't think I can handle it...
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Need 150 kyro shock prod and 4 fully crafted stun guns to take her from gear 8 to 13 r7.

Stun gun progress: 2 full carbanti. 25 salvage on the next carbanti. 23 salvage on the first stun gun salvage.

Intention is to finish using arena win crystals to get the kyro done and then use that to do the stun guns. Figure 13 days.... maybe less as im also farming them with my energy
  • @Damodamo

Congrats! When did you start, and were you working on it exclusively? Or were you dabbling?

For instance, I didn't start right away, but when I did, I focussed exclusively on GL Rey toons, so it took 4 months for farming & gearing up the requirements, then another 15-16 days for unlock (ticket farming phase) and then I dawdled on ticket farming for a few days while I caught up on gear, and now I'm going for the tickets for the Ultimate mats.

We're happy to celebrate everyone, but when we can, we also want to give the next generation of F2P players a good idea of how much time & effort it takes to get these toons. And, of course, since everyone has different crystal budgets, etc., the more data points we can give them, the better.
  • @John_Matrix1985

Thanks!

First Ulti-battle tomorrow. I'm giving that a shot!
  • @yankeeh8er

Your FO in your top row look a lot like mine do right now, except I have all my FO toons farmed to 7*.

But yeah, 2x g12 Kylos and then a bunch of g11, maybe even a g10.

On the 2nd row, though, I have 2xg8 and 2x g10.

I'm doing JKL next, but that's a much quicker effort. I'll let you know how long it takes for SLKR once I start that one.
  • @DaarthBrewer

That's actually great progress for less than a month. Did you have a bunch of g12 pieces saved up?

And, yeah, if you don't have the signal data saved up, it takes a LOT longer than you think to acquire it all.