How does this happen?

TJax
101 posts Member
I am in a very old arena shard. As the ranks at the top keep thinning out, we seem to have new whales that suddenly climb to the top with monster GP (I’m 6M+ and these guys without ever cracking the top 20 in nearly 5 years have more gp than I do). It would seem that some prefer to spend rather than worry about the payout, and I am grateful for those players!

Some in the shard began speculating they were CG plant accounts that were there to give us competition/encourage spending as they rarely communicate with the rest of us. Seems far fetched.

Then suddenly this person appears in our nearly 5 year old arena shard.

aaxs4wc9v5f6.jpeg
e2x1wl4uz0je.jpeg

SLKR is doable at 3M GP. My alt has similar GP but I went for seps/malak/501/padme and currently hoarding. My questions are:

How do you keep playing this game for almost 5 years and only have 900 squad arena battles?

Or

How did this new account get assigned to my arena shard instead of a shard with other accounts the same age as theirs?

And before you tell me “some people don’t like arena, he just lucked into having all the FO and got SLKR out of luck!”, how does someone play the game for almost 5 years and manage rank 12 in fleets using executrix?

Something smells fishy, but I’m sure Kyno knows how this is all on the up and up.

Replies

• TVF
    36526 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Some people take breaks.

Dunno about the trixie though.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    I'm not seeing the problem here

You can always reach out to the player in-game to see if they are planted accounts (Hint: There aren't any)

• Daishi
    718 posts Member
    I'm about 1M (was 2m) below the rest of my top 50, because I took about a year off. Most likely someone took time off, decided to reactivate and saw GLs, and either had a hoard, or spent some $ to get GL and was easily able to climb to top. GL make this more possible than ever before since the event is high cost but always available.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    TVF wrote: »
    Some people take breaks.
    This, and then a direct focus on the GL Kylo.
    Occam's Razor.

That or it's some convoluted plan put in place by CG to get your shard to spend......
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    To your last point if they stopped player before ships, when they came back and finally unlocked ships, they would be in a young fleet shard.
  • Akenno
    538 posts Member
    Had the same problem but I was the one with Kylo (not from the picture above).

I did a break after I activated the arena. It was for ~2 years. I come back and played often and started whaling a bit. (I came back around JTR)
    Whaling started around Revan pretty hard but that's because I love KOTOR.
    After that I made it towards the top 10.

After the GL's I was one of the first that got a GL in the shard so I took often #1.

So, people took a break from the game and paid (mostly) to keep up.
    You can see this if you watch the mods closely because many of them are not good.
  • TVF wrote: »
    Some people take breaks.

Dunno about the trixie though.

This. @TJax , I took 1.5 years off. I'm working back up F2P though. I just hit fleet rank 80 for the 1st time and my arena is climbing. Looking at Vader as my best path to top 10 arena.

If I spent some cash.... I'd be saying hi to people that haven't seen me in top 10 in 4.5 years
  • @TJax yeah this can happen , I done a similar thing when relics came out Im in a very old shard for 5 years never really pushed arena used to do the min and collect my daily challenges , leveled up the toons I wanted and g12+ clones before any thing else because why not . Suddenly they get a rework and relics and shaak made them hit like a truck , plowed my in game resources into them and climbed into top 10-20 real fast people probably thought who the f is this guy .

I can imagine some long time player doing the same and adding some cash in to help , if he hasn't been up in the top ranks before he wouldn't be known to you or be in a shard chat like me, probably some bored person with a new job maybe .
  • 900 battles in 5 years is definitely suspicious
  • thomssi
    526 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    900 battles in 5 years is definitely suspicious

It isn't 900 battles it is 900 wins. If they hate fleet and arena and just open it and press auto for dailies then it isn't a very surprising number, especially if they took time off.

• Treeburner
    773 posts Member
    edited August 2020

900 WON, not total battles . Which isn't very suspicious at all really .
    900 fleet wins which is a hell of alot more than me and im top 20 fleet

900 wins over 1800 or so days ,let's make it easy and say he won 1 battle every 10 attempts over 2 days (5 daily) put his win ratio to 10% so he's probably had 90k battles but that's just a rough guess

• Stenun
    851 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Treeburner wrote: »

900 WON, not total battles . Which isn't very suspicious at all really .
    900 fleet wins which is a hell of alot more than me and im top 20 fleet

900 wins over 1800 or so days ,let's make it easy and say he won 1 battle every 10 attempts over 2 days (5 daily) put his win ratio to 10% so he's probably had 90k battles but that's just a rough guess

I play one fleet battle a day and until recently was happily staying in the top 50.
    So yeah, 900 wins is really not that dubious.

Edit: Just checked my stats and my Fleet Battles Won is 1,020. And as I say, I was happily staying in the top 50 until recently. And I started playing a year or so after the game started.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator

We are also under the assumption that the player took a few years break and returned which would explain his low number of squad arena battles won
  • BobcatSkywalker
    2194 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Ultra wrote: »

We are also under the assumption that the player took a few years break and returned which would explain his low number of squad arena battles won

I understand that... Still its low especially for a day 1 shard.

Almost everyone in my arena (Nov 2015) has 5,000 plus arena battles... Some have 10,000+ I do one a day for achievements sometimes not even winning it and I still have over 5k.

So 900 battles over the life of an account is extremely low even if they took 1 or 2 years off. Climbing to the top requires at least 5 wins a day more like 10 so that's equivalent to 3 months of winning 10 fights a day.

Maybe he started the account, took 4 and a half years off then came back and dropped $20k to whale out after 4 years of marination. It's possible just unlikely
  • Gouj4
    416 posts Member

Maybe he started the account, took 4 and a half years off then came back and dropped $20k to whale out after 4 years of marination. It's possible just unlikely

It’s not as unlikely as would seem. I took 4 and a half years out. Got the game pretty early on but I didn’t get into it at first. Re downloaded it about 4 months ago maybe. Top of my arena shard is just GL and a couple GAS teams all with at least 5k squad battles won. Ive put a couple hundred into it got myself up to about 1.2m GP currently and I sit around the 350 mark in arena with only 140 squad arena battles won. It would take a fair bit of money to get to where he is but it’s not inconceivable.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Almost everyone in my arena (Nov 2015) has 5,000 plus arena battles... Some have 10,000+ I do one a day for achievements sometimes not even winning it and I still have over 5k.

So 900 battles over the life of an account is extremely low even if they took 1 or 2 years off. Climbing to the top requires at least 5 wins a day more like 10 so that's equivalent to 3 months of winning 10 fights a day.

I have been in a guild with whales who sit in the 400+ range in arena. some just doing the 2 battles a day and walking away.

without knowing more about the timeline its hard to say how much they spent on SLKR, but $20k is a little high just to get that team to that point. he could have come back months ago and been working solely on this, yes spending, but it wouldn't need to be $20k.
  • Treeburner
    773 posts Member
    edited August 2020

Stop confusing total wins and total battles

@TJax can you send us a screenshot of the total battles ?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

TJax can you send us a screenshot of the total battles ?

I dont believe he is. he may have used the word battles, but the numbers he is referring to is the wins.

my shard is in a similar age and i'm at 8k area and 7.4k fleet wins. i would imagine my shard mates are in a similar range.

again, this all just points to them taking a break at some point.

in all honesty, i would suspect that a player being "placed into" this shard would post somewhere quicker after seeing his opponents than his opponents would, if that was the way shards worked. (which we know its not)
  • TJax
    101 posts Member

Here is the rest of the stats.
    4j874xz2gd3r.jpeg
    aegcc5khjjd5.jpeg
    tzqqdsjukwgr.jpeg
    7vq2lq5dj9wd.jpeg

The only possibility is this player started the game and quit before they were eligible for ships, and then whaled significantly recently. They also must have had this account join TW for the zetas because they have 6 more than my alt account, and I have been at the top of my fleet shard, first to get ****, among the first to get negotiator, and never spend fleet currency on anything but zetas. Zetas became purchasable from fleet currency long after ships started, they could not have save up any other way without being assigned a ship shard.
  • TJax wrote: »

Here is the rest of the stats.
    4j874xz2gd3r.jpeg
    aegcc5khjjd5.jpeg
    tzqqdsjukwgr.jpeg
    7vq2lq5dj9wd.jpeg

The only possibility is this player started the game and quit before they were eligible for ships, and then whaled significantly recently. They also must have had this account join TW for the zetas because they have 6 more than my alt account, and I have been at the top of my fleet shard, first to get ****, among the first to get negotiator, and never spend fleet currency on anything but zetas. Zetas became purchasable from fleet currency long after ships started, they could not have save up any other way without being assigned a ship shard.

Is your alt account as old as this account is because that could explain his extra Zeta's