GL ruined GA for me

12346Next

Replies

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Dramgon wrote: »
    Just make GA something people can opt into for fun, and the rest of us can ignore.
    The only reason I even queue up is to try to get better rewards.]

GA already is optional.
    You want a true test. Remove all rewards from GA, and see how many people sign up for this crap.

I highly doubt that CG will release a game mode with no rewards.
    Guys ranking in Kyber league every time are in their own tier. Why am I still fighting them in GA, just to lose, so they get better gear, and I still stay where i'm at.

If you want the rewards you need to earn it. Why should you have easier opponents and an easier path to Kyber league than everyone else?
    The initial concept I read GA as was better then what this turned out to be. I read GA as a way to see how you scaled to everyone, that would be a continuous moving target, something like regular arena that people just moved up and down with, not that places you against only 8 players then resets after a few days.

You can't blame others for reading it wrong.
    I have a lifetime GA score of 337K, and was against someone this last round that had almost 100K more then me.I literally placed all of my best squads on Defense, just to screw him out of a few points. I would have never beaten his teams. Using a bot to compare our G13 toons and MODS was laughable. He out speed'ed me on every toon.

Even if I handed my account to someone who plays this game better then me, they wouldn't have won, but based on EA's calculation we were in the same bracket... Bull.

Building a roster that does well in GAC is part of GAC. It's no different than needing to build a strong arena squad to rank high in squad arena. Or build strong squad(s) to rank high in raids.

If you want advice for how to improve your roster I'm sure people will help you if you provide a link to your profile on swgoh.gg.
  • What ruined the game for me was when cg allowed people to return to their accounts after Hacking the game to get hundreds of thousands of crystals and even hack the combat to falsely show a win condition but after a few days they are allowed to return.

I never paid the $20 for 999,999 crystals like the ads online said but I should have now in hindsight. If I did I would be able to compete with all the other players who did this.
  • What ruined the game for me was when cg allowed people to return to their accounts after Hacking the game to get hundreds of thousands of crystals and even hack the combat to falsely show a win condition but after a few days they are allowed to return.

I never paid the $20 for 999,999 crystals like the ads online said but I should have now in hindsight. If I did I would be able to compete with all the other players who did this.

The sad thing is 1 million crystsls could be burnt through in a month or two.

That's about 6K USD by my calculations
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    Gifafi wrote: »

Don’t get carried away - we agree that she’s hard to beat without a GL, but I don’t think she’s ruined GAC.

So hard means impossible. Got it.

I tend to mean what I write, and don’t appreciate others paraphrasing it for me.

I'll ask the question once again then, we currently have a combo that's not beatable without a gl: rey/han/chewie. Is that hard/difficult to beat or impossible to beat? If it's hard/difficult to beat, please refer to what the way is.

so use multiple teams. what did you use to beat gas when he first came out? or jkr? or drev?

Rey/han/chewie, what's the counter besides using another gl or 2 gls?

no idea, I have slkr. the point is anyone who gets the new shiny first will have an advantage. If people want to avoid facing GL's when they don't have one they should be sure not to bloat their gac rosters with like r7 greedo's or w/e
    Post edited by Gifafi on
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member

Don’t get carried away - we agree that she’s hard to beat without a GL, but I don’t think she’s ruined GAC.

So hard means impossible. Got it.

I tend to mean what I write, and don’t appreciate others paraphrasing it for me.

I'll ask the question once again then, we currently have a combo that's not beatable without a gl: rey/han/chewie. Is that hard/difficult to beat or impossible to beat? If it's hard/difficult to beat, please refer to what the way is.

so use multiple teams. what did you use to beat gas when he first came out? or jkr? or drev?

Rey/han/chewie, what's the counter besides using another gl or 2 gls?

no idea, I have slkr. the point is anyone who gets the new shiny first will have an advantage. If people want to avoid facing GL's when they don't have one they should be sure not to bloat their gas rosters with like r7 greedo's or w/e

Gas rosters are rosters with all r7 GAS. Unstoppable.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
This discussion has been closed.