Galactic challenges for August? Are fleets part of the new game mode?

Replies

• Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    from the information we have, (keeping in mind that what will first be released is not the final goal) is that there will be no ships but everything being built can be used to make similar event/game mode for ships too.

I believe what we are seeing in the data mine is incomplete and only small parts of the system, they could also be planned parts for later releases and not part of the initial roll out.

Problem is is that we should have more information about this. It’s been over a month and we got nothing but a datamine. I understand that only 3 people are working on this game, but it’s only takes a min or two to give us some more info about it. But then again, we can’t take anything they say at face value as they repeatedly go back on what they have announced. Pity.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    from the information we have, (keeping in mind that what will first be released is not the final goal) is that there will be no ships but everything being built can be used to make similar event/game mode for ships too.

I believe what we are seeing in the data mine is incomplete and only small parts of the system, they could also be planned parts for later releases and not part of the initial roll out.

Problem is is that we should have more information about this. It’s been over a month and we got nothing but a datamine. I understand that only 3 people are working on this game, but it’s only takes a min or two to give us some more info about it. But then again, we can’t take anything they say at face value as they repeatedly go back on what they have announced. Pity.

I'm confused, so they should have put out more information that you would not believe?

they had a few posts going through the process, but decided to consolidate to a single post that should be coming this month.

3 people 1 computer. things take time.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member

I'm confused, so they should have put out more information that you would not believe?

they had a few posts going through the process, but decided to consolidate to a single post that should be coming this month.

Hey holotable heroes, this months (July) Q and A is getting pushed to August as we are updating the format to better answer questions form the community. Sorry for the delay.

Hey holotable heroes, here are some cool images from our upcoming galactic challenges. We are working hard to bring this challenges to you are quickly as possible. In the mean time, here’s how the currency is going to work..........(they know datamine info is going to come out, so why not get ahead of it????)

Hey holotable heroes, due to the workload at the studio, we realized that keeping up with the dev tracker was too much work for our 3 employees still working on this game, so we “paused” updating it. We will look into starting it back up in the future.

It’s not hard to keep the community informed for any other game. You would think after 5 years of this, they would be pros, instead, we get amateur hour.
  • Kyno wrote: »

That happens in music too..
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwPHy17Iu6E
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member

Or is it? I smell a delayyyyy!
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited August 2020
    Legend91 wrote: »

it smells like teen spirit to me.
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member

it smells like teen spirit to me.

These guys sound pretty good. Are they new?
  • Legend91 wrote: »

Paused for now, maybe
  • Lio wrote: »
    Yeah, next album release will be in August
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    Lio wrote: »
    Yeah, next album release will be in August

August is one of the most dead horse jokes here, but I'll admit I laughed at this one.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Zanir wrote: »
    If tix for the new content will be based off dailies, then arena dailies should be removed or replaced. Because of timezone and time settings, I do most dailies in the evening and my arena climbs in the afternoon the following day. Either remove arena dailies or merge arena payout time with daily reset. If I'm forced to give up 2 arena attempts to get those tix, that puts me at a disadvantage and usually costs me a reward tier on arena payout.

They are still in discussions about the whole thing, but if they start us all out with more than 2 tickets, this is not an issue. we all get to run it the first day, and then be able to start the next day. which depending on your timezone you would then be able to already have 1 or 2 by the end of that day.

they are not likely to change the dailies, but the ticket system has many possible ways to allow the players to build up a few extra and then stay "ahead" as long as they are relatively active (depending on the max)

again, this is all new and will be run through a few iterations as we move forward, things like the tickets could end up being changed/removed later.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    If tix for the new content will be based off dailies, then arena dailies should be removed or replaced. Because of timezone and time settings, I do most dailies in the evening and my arena climbs in the afternoon the following day. Either remove arena dailies or merge arena payout time with daily reset. If I'm forced to give up 2 arena attempts to get those tix, that puts me at a disadvantage and usually costs me a reward tier on arena payout.

They are still in discussions about the whole thing, but if they start us all out with more than 2 tickets, this is not an issue. we all get to run it the first day, and then be able to start the next day. which depending on your timezone you would then be able to already have 1 or 2 by the end of that day.

they are not likely to change the dailies, but the ticket system has many possible ways to allow the players to build up a few extra and then stay "ahead" as long as they are relatively active (depending on the max)

again, this is all new and will be run through a few iterations as we move forward, things like the tickets could end up being changed/removed later.

They're still in discussion about how the ticket system works at this stage? How long have they been working on this now... since they paused the raid last year, right? Any chance we'll get a peek at the 'more information in future posts' this week?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Jakdnels wrote: »

They're still in discussion about how the ticket system works at this stage? How long have they been working on this now... since they paused the raid last year, right? Any chance we'll get a peek at the 'more information in future posts' this week?

as has been stated, this first roll out is not the final product, much like the GA exhibition. they are looking for feedback on how the final thing will end up and there are always multiple discussions on many topics.

not sure about the exact timing on the post.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    We are happy to provide feedback here once we have something to feedback on.
  • Jppc wrote: »
    I would much rather have it be reward for doing the galactic challenges with a hard daily cap, so people could play it as much as they want without forcing others to do battles non stop every day

They said in the road ahead that you would have to do your dailies to play it or something to that effect.

A ticket system makes sense if that is the case. They give you one free ticket when it starts. Then you get one for your dailies for the next day. I'm assuming there will be a few challenges a day but there will be a limit the rewards you can earn. Similar to shared victories on some events.

But the ticket system makes more sense than just having it unlocked if your dailies are finished. Many players, myself included, finish all their dailies except the arena ones very early, then have several hours of nothing to do, then do their arena climbs later in the day. Having to wait until after arena payout to play would be annoying.

Or they don’t put the dailies as a requirement to enter, they said they were thinking about do it but wasn’t sure about it. They may have change their minds (or may not).
    I don’t see the point of putting the dailies as a requirement, I don’t see qhat they would gain doing it...

Engagement stats, which is an important metric for mobile games.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    TVF wrote: »
    That won’t stop some of us from providing feedback based on nothing
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »

Anecdotally correct, which is the best kind of correct.
  • Ultra wrote: »

Pages upon pages, see GAC MM threads. That's matchmaking, not MoM.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Sith Raid release
    Community: "This is too hard, scale it down a bit!"
    CG: *nerfs expose damage from JTR*
    Community: *sad face*
    ___
    Community: "Ease the gear crunch!"
    CG: "Here's this new gear called "Kyrotechs" to alleviate the gear crunch." (Translation: "Here's a new bottleneck gear (just worse) to make characters progression even harder than before.")
    ___
    Community: "LS Geo TB is no fun. Make it more enjoyable."
    CG: "No."
    ___
    Community: "We just found this bug, fix it please!"
    CG: "We've already falgged this as a bug." (Translation: "We don't care and will just keep on ignoring all the bugs that are going on in the game right now.")
    alternative CG response: "We've increased the damage of Tusken Raiders special by another +50%."

Not sure if giving feedback is beneficial for us :D
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    Don't forget removing eyeballs from tank raid.

• Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member

as has been stated, this first roll out is not the final product, much like the GA exhibition. they are looking for feedback on how the final thing will end up and there are always multiple discussions on many topics.

You would think that you would work out all the details about a new mode BEFORE you started work on it, so you know what you are making, art and UI come after that part...CG seems to fly by the seat of their pants and make it up as they go along. They have been working on this for like 10 months with nothing to show for it besides a lame RA. As I said before, they could have posted a message about the art work they have made up already just showing us the progress...that would have been communication...but they failed as usual.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

You would think that you would work out all the details about a new mode BEFORE you started work on it, so you know what you are making, art and UI come after that part...CG seems to fly by the seat of their pants and make it up as they go along. They have been working on this for like 10 months with nothing to show for it besides a lame RA. As I said before, they could have posted a message about the art work they have made up already just showing us the progress...that would have been communication...but they failed as usual.

thats a great arbitrary timeline that they didn't meet. why can't they come out with a post including art work now?

they want to get feedback about how to build it out, why would they work out all the details if they want it to be based on feedback?
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member

thats a great arbitrary timeline that they didn't meet. why can't they come out with a post including art work now?

they want to get feedback about how to build it out, why would they work out all the details if they want it to be based on feedback?

Ok, so what have they been doing for the past 10 months then?
    Has CG asked for feeback?
    It makes sense to you to build something first without planning it out?
    Why wouldnt they post something about the art BEFORE its in the game files, as they have to know that the dataminers will get the data out. That would have been some communication that we have been wanting..but no.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    nvm
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Sith Raid release
    ___
    CG: "Here's this new gear called "Kyrotechs" to alleviate the gear crunch." (Translation: "Here's a new bottleneck gear (just worse) to make characters progression even harder than before.")
    ___
    ___
    CG: "We've already falgged this as a bug." (Translation: "We don't care and will just keep on ignoring all the bugs that are going on in the game right now.")
    alternative CG response: "We've increased the damage of Tusken Raiders special by another +50%."

1. They removed the randomness of Darth Nihilus annihilate and now it’s easier to predict and time for annihilate
    2. Kyrotechs are guaranteed drops from TW / TB, and daily boxes - I would argue it’s easier to get kyros then stun guns, and they introduced relics so that we don’t have to gear toons further once you reach g13
    3. They haven’t touched LS TB but they are releasing toons fo make it easier (Rey, Mon Mothma, JKL) - but yeah I think the request by players is against the intended design of the TB
    4. They do work on bugs but not as fast, yeah, it’s annoying

They do listen to feedback. Just slow on acting on it (they take months to apply it)
  • Jppc wrote: »
    Jppc wrote: »
    I would much rather have it be reward for doing the galactic challenges with a hard daily cap, so people could play it as much as they want without forcing others to do battles non stop every day

They said in the road ahead that you would have to do your dailies to play it or something to that effect.

A ticket system makes sense if that is the case. They give you one free ticket when it starts. Then you get one for your dailies for the next day. I'm assuming there will be a few challenges a day but there will be a limit the rewards you can earn. Similar to shared victories on some events.

But the ticket system makes more sense than just having it unlocked if your dailies are finished. Many players, myself included, finish all their dailies except the arena ones very early, then have several hours of nothing to do, then do their arena climbs later in the day. Having to wait until after arena payout to play would be annoying.

Or they don’t put the dailies as a requirement to enter, they said they were thinking about do it but wasn’t sure about it. They may have change their minds (or may not).
    I don’t see the point of putting the dailies as a requirement, I don’t see qhat they would gain doing it...

Engagement stats, which is an important metric for mobile games.

If you already don’t do the dailies why would That be change?
    Yes, you may want to play the new game mode and now you are “obligated” to do your dailies, small % of the players in this situation. But ok, that maybe why they would do it

I don't think they're necessarily targeting players that don't do their dailies, although you may have a few people that don't that start to to check out the new game mode. I think this is to target the players already doing their dailies to get them to play longer, hence the better engagement metrics. "Hey look, the average amount of time players are logged into the game went up by X hours after we implemented this!" Is basically what I'm thinking.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    Sith Raid release
    ___
    ___
    ___

1. They removed the randomness of Darth Nihilus annihilate and now it’s easier to predict and time for annihilate
    2. Kyrotechs are guaranteed drops from TW / TB, and daily boxes - I would argue it’s easier to get kyros then stun guns, and they introduced relics so that we don’t have to gear toons further once you reach g13
    3. They haven’t touched LS TB but they are releasing toons fo make it easier (Rey, Mon Mothma, JKL) - but yeah I think the request by players is against the intended design of the TB
    4. They do work on bugs but not as fast, yeah, it’s annoying

They do listen to feedback. Just slow on acting on it (they take months to apply it)

They hardly listen to feedback.
    1. Ill give you this one
    2. Kyrotechs were sold as a way to ease the gear crunch, but they added to it. We do get some kryotechs, but the gear crunch is worse then ever right now. With the subpar HSTR rewards, CG making old toons relevant again and no new place to get gear, its has become stale. Dont need gear after g13? Not a true statement at all...feedback listened too = 0
    3. LSGTB was designed that hard and will stay that hard for quite some time because they dont want it to get beaten and worn out, so they will milk it as long as they can. With releasing new LS toon slowly, they are achieving this goal...100% intended. Feedback listened too = 0
    4. Last major bug they fixed? Disappearing buttons? Unendly Loyalty? Game freezing? GL's Ult bugs? Feedback listen too = 0

Only feedback they seem to listen too is from cheaters requesting their account to be "untimed out"
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    Disappearing buttons has been fixed for me, you can see the mechanic kick in where the game pauses before it kickstarts into gear again actually.

Inb4 anecdotal.